To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

MOM Unfair Advantage ?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Daily Record.
pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar
FS Record: Too many to mention now :-)

MOM Unfair Advantage ?

Post by pa102aw »

I don't know if anyone else has an opinion on this but I think that what the Daily Record is doing is grossly unfair on players who have been in this competition since the start of the season. By allowing everybody and anybody to enter a team at the start of each month along with 15 free transfers makes a mockery of any of my teams ever having the chance of winning a monthly prize.

I have used up nearly all of the transfers that were allocated at the start of the season and with the last transfer window closed I am stuck with the teams that I have in my locker. I have no chance of winning the overall prize and now any small chance that I had of winning a monthly has also been diminished by this set up. The only chance I have of winning a monthly is by stumping up more money and entering new teams. Next year I won't even bother entering any teams, instead I shall be targeting the monthly prizes only. No, I take that back..next year I won't be entering this at all.

leeloo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by leeloo »

Them's the rules and almost every single fantasy game allows you to enter a team as and when you like.

Those teams entered solely for March won't win the overall prize, and most won't win the MotM prizes either.

You could've entered a team with 15 full transfers for £5 last Saturday if you liked - surely you could have stretched to that?

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

leeloo wrote:Them's the rules and almost every single fantasy game allows you to enter a team as and when you like.

Those teams entered solely for March won't win the overall prize, and most won't win the MotM prizes either.

You could've entered a team with 15 full transfers for £5 last Saturday if you liked - surely you could have stretched to that?
I think that I will go back and check the rules from the beginning of the season to see if there is any mention of this monthly entry system. Even the Sun had the decency to allow a "Golden Gamble" period, but this had a cut off date for entries and didn't carry on throughout the season. Their new "Sprint Finish" also allows you to enter late teams, but these teams are only competing against one another. What it boils down to is, be it the Record or the Sun they are only trying to milk us for every last penny that they can get. Their greed knows no boundaries.

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

Five Pund really wouldn't kill you to have a chance at a monthly.

Theres probably not as many people as you think that enter for the monthly prize.

If you did splash out the fiver you'd probably be making a better investment than you did at the start of the season with your season long teams.

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

oldbigead wrote:Five Pund really wouldn't kill you to have a chance at a monthly.

Theres probably not as many people as you think that enter for the monthly prize.

If you did splash out the fiver you'd probably be making a better investment than you did at the start of the season with your season long teams.
That's my whole point. I could probably enter 20 teams a month if I felt like it, but it is the principal of the matter. I never knew when I entered my teams at the start of the season that this was going to happen. I have trawled through the rules and terms and conditions and can find no mention of an separate monthly competition being run parallel to the main competition. If I had known this then I might have entered just the one team in the hope of winning the overall prize and saving the rest of my money for monthlys.

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

How many teams did you enter for the season long comp?

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

oldbigead wrote:How many teams did you enter for the season long comp?
I know it's not much by some peoples standards but I entered 9.

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

I think 9 teams is a fair enough number to give you a decent chance at having a go for the season long prize if you made the right decisions.

With 9 teams you can cover quite a few possibilities.

Are any of your nine teams still in with a chance?

If they are then you dont really need the monthlies anyway.

And if they're not then maybe you should splash out for the last monthly in April. Its far from impossible that you might be in with a chance.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Daily Record FF (Game ceased)”