To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Lastest Report

A forum for discussion of Football Manager.
Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Lastest Report

Post by Vid »

Very negative, just for a change.

There's been a mass exodus recently as expected, SI/Sega's announcement originally set for Monday has been delayed until later in the week.

From my perspective the game is very unstable at present and unplayable.

An interesting aside is that I've received an official "infraction" on the forums, for bad language! I used the word "pissed" twice, now this is filtered here (edit - okay, so it's not filtered here) and filtered there. I know it's filtered there and common sense says that if the filter is doing it's job then there's no justification for pulling the poster up for usage, unless it's there's personal abuse involved or an attempt to circumvent the filter.

The mod concerned added in a pm that he could have added trolling! The game IS unstable, everyone knows it, even the biggest fan boys out there. And spamming, 2 posts on related subjects on the same day!!!!

And some people think the mods here over do it!

The game is falling apart (if it hasn't already fallen beyond repair) the announcement, when it's made will, will split the remaining managers down the middle. Apparently it is still the best game in it's genre out there, which says to me that the concept simply doesn't work as a MMO.

The temptation is now to really push things (possibly even try some form of cheating) so that i get banned from logging into the game and forum, it's taken so much of my time over nearly 2 years and it's pure and simply been a waste of time and effort, unfortunately it is very addictive so the only way out is being forced out.

Vid
Head Moderator

Re: Lastest Report

Post by Vid »

The first part of the "announcement" has just been posted, small potatoes at the moment and it would appear that there's going to be a drip feed of the planned changes.

Today's information is that there's going to be 2 "flavours" of game world, the first will be regen only meaning that the database of real players won't be used, certainly more of a challenge and removes so many of the early abuses and exploits that have created massive imbalances in the game so far.

The other will be using the current database but retired players will return in a draft system each season, using whatever criteria the lowest ranked will have options on the best of the recently retired, these players will return at their current database age and attributes, not as youths. For me this system is open to massive abuse and exploitation, the GW mods will have their work cut out for them trying to police this. There is the interesting concept of a top player in his mid30s retiring every season and returning the following season for a year or two.

Hopefully the big stuff will be released tomorrow, there is to be an online presence from SI to answer any questions once it's been posted, should be interesting!

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Well the shit has really hit the fan!

The announcement is that there'll be a total reset in March when the next big roll out is due.

The natives aren't happy! With the typical response being "I'm quitting". All current subs will be extended by 2 months, quite of few of these will have elapsed by the time the reset occurs. The leading managers throughout the GWs will be invited to an "elite" GW.

By far the biggest complaints are regarding the loss of 12 months (or more) effort in learning skills, building stadiums, developing youth players - all will be lost. The next 3-4 months will be totally pointless for most, especially if, as it looks, a very high percentage won't be logging in again from today. Perhaps most of those that do decide to play on will receive the elite invite by default - there's no-one left to compete with!

There's no question that something radical needed to be done and I did know the reset was coming (just couldn't say as I'd signed a NDA), but simply the compensation isn't good enough and having to continue to pay for the next 3-4 months of generally pointless play is ludicrous. Something better needs to be on offer, sub freeze until the reset and possibly even greater compensation based on time spent in the game along with something worthwhile to do for the next few months. Rolling out everything to turn the current GWs into true beta worlds would surely give a lot more managers a reason to log in?

A lot of calls for full refunds, can't see it getting anywhere but keep an eye open for something like Watchdog picking up on the surge of complaints.

fancy dan
Grumpy Old Dan
Location: Having a secret meeting in the basement of my brain
FS Record: Winner of S4's big WC prediction game - and 2-time winner of the Premier League A game!

Post by fancy dan »

This reminds me of Sky Sports' attempts at MMO Football Manager game a few years ago, that was also released too soon and buggy - even substitutions during the game didn't work properly. I don't think there's anything wrong with the concept of a MMO management game, but I'm surprised SI have got it so wrong.

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

fancy dan wrote:This reminds me of Sky Sports' attempts at MMO Football Manager game a few years ago, that was also released too soon and buggy - even substitutions during the game didn't work properly. I don't think there's anything wrong with the concept of a MMO management game, but I'm surprised SI have got it so wrong.
That didn't get released, it died in beta, both admin and myself were beta testers, there should be some stuff on it in the archives somewhere.

There a numerous reasons that SI have got FML wrong, conceptual flaws (which I don't think will be addressed as they still don't recognize them), very buggy MEs, lack of gameplay (sod all to do), allowing known exploits/ cheats from beta to make it into the live GWs (giving massive imbalances that could never be caught up), weak updates (often causing more problems than got fixed). Simply from the early beta stage they listened to the "fanboys" who took it on themselves to deny there were any problems and defend SI vigorously. Bugs major and minor passed into live due to poor beta, in no small part thanks to the fanboys. Many of these were selected as Mods for the GWs and were amongst the biggest cheats and exploiters.

SI also didn't believe that people would play the game the same way in live as those did in beta and that the drop outs % would be so high, wrong on both counts!

A reset will remove the imbalances but if a lot of the current concepts stay in place we're 9-12 months away from another meltdown. Apparently beta is now better managed, going on the bugs still coming through I very much doubt that assertion. There'll be new cheats and exploits that some beta testers are in the process of learning and keeping quiet about ready to take full advantage come March.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Manager”