To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FML/ FM2010 new match engine

A forum for discussion of Football Manager.
Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

FML/ FM2010 new match engine

Post by Vid »

Well we've had the update to 1.3 in FML which includes the new ME for FM2010, there's going to be a lot of disappointed people!

The old ME featured a ridiculous number of corner and set piece goals, due to keepers and defenders staying routed to whichever spot whilst attackers just walked the ball in. This new ME appears to have gone some way to fixing that but at a price, keepers now with possession just put the ball out for corners for no apparent reason, just stand idly with the ball at their feet for a forward to run 20 yds to take it off their toes to pass it into the net, regularly score own goals and are generally moronic. Your CBs can't manage to stay in a line, allowing forwards to easily split them to again walk the ball into the net.

There may well be good features in the new ME but they are overshadowed by yet again a mass of bugs and flaws easily by-passing SI's excuse for beta testing.

No doubt there will be many on this forum that buy each version on release, as ever with SI, it'll need a patch on day 1, you'll keep hoping for a patch that actually fixes the problems for months to come and then you'll be hoping that FM2011 will be the version that gets it right, knowing full well that it won't be.

Negative as ever :-)

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Re: FML/ FM2010 new match engine

Post by Karrde »

Vid, try Xpert Eleven. :P

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

We're into the final month where the beta testers got a years sub for half price, I had intended to give a lot of updates on the game as it progressed, but it just hasn't been worth it. The general concept of the game is good and really should have a strong future, the biggest problem in my view is that the developers (SI) constantly try to take the easy way out to deal with bugs, flaws and in game problems.

A lot of people will go out and buy FM2010 later this month when it's released because they bought CM2 and every release since. Every version has been released with bugs, every ME has had flaws of some sort, but given the extent of beta testing for FML and through this the new ME, FML is in reality a pay to beta test for FM and it is for me fatally flawed.

I've no intention of buying FM2010 or looking at playing another football management game (and I've tried a good few over the years), I've been nearly 2 years playing FML, logging in most days several times, playing thousands of games. Every "fix" has been a long time coming and seems to be accompanied by more problems, they've moved the goal posts several times regarding the game play itself and it really is well past time to move on. Many who took out shorter subs already have and now the core players have a decision to make, 34 Game Worlds, most severely underpopulated but with a mass of players trapped in inactive teams, there are players now over 11 months in that never played a game due to being in inactive squads since day 1! The 1.3 update (now 1.3.1 from this morning) is more likely to see those that were waiting for the new ME to make a decision walking away, figures posted yesterday indicate that 70 a day have left the game over the past month and a half, there could be hundreds making a mass exodus in 3 weeks time.

For those that enjoy getting wound up and want to be eternal optimists that the game might actually get a decent fix some time soon, FML's subscription via SI is £72 for a year, it is available via Steam for £15 for a 4 month sub, money and time wasted, at this moment in time anyway.

I'm going to be trying the Star Trek MMO when it comes out in March :-)

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Post by Karrde »

Vid wrote:I've no intention of buying FM2010 or looking at playing another football management game (and I've tried a good few over the years), I've been nearly 2 years playing FML, logging in most days several times, playing thousands of games. Every "fix" has been a long time coming and seems to be accompanied by more problems, they've moved the goal posts several times regarding the game play itself and it really is well past time to move on.
I'm going to be trying the Star Trek MMO when it comes out in March :-)
Shamless plug again, the relatively new Xpert Eleven Fiso League needs new blood though. If you do want to play a simulated manager game where its free (VIP status is option, cheap if you do take it up, but not needed for success), skill is rewarded and there are no bugs or glitches... we are drawing towards the end of season 2 and would love to see a couple of new names join up for season 3.

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

As expected if you do buy FM on release the first thing you'll have to do is download a patch :roll:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Manager”