To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

bazza's "Official"/public team

A forum for discussion on the Xpert Eleven Fantasy Management Simulation game
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: bazza's "Official"/public team

Post by blahblah »

barry wrote: especially when you look at the bottom team in the league in comparison to mine...... any one of his players would get straight into my squad!
Where did you find that lot? You will be in 8:xx.

This lot did not finish last in their Division...

http://www.xperteleven.com/players.aspx ... ost=0&dh=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

blahblah wrote:
Karrde wrote:You want to have every player you intend to use in training so that they finish the day after the change report. That way they all start with a nice green form arrow and. Your aim is to just keep them all in good form, you want to be top of your team form table all season.
This is really important, but the CR could be "interesting".
right, need this bit explained. when is the Change report? and how long does training last?

or just tell me what day I need to train and I'll work it out myself for next season :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

5 days.

Season ends 30\5, CR 31\5 training to end on 1\6, so starts 27\5 (Friday)?

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

blahblah wrote:5 days.

Season ends 30\5, CR 31\5 training to end on 1\6, so starts 27\5 (Friday)?

fkn love you man. :mrgreen:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I could be wrong, as I am rubbish at dates\days at the end of months :?

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Post by Richt »

blahblah wrote:I could be wrong, as I am rubbish at dates\days at the end of months :?
Hence why I have asked for clarification from Spirie or Kaarde on the fiso league scribble page.

Need to be as prepared as possible for my inaugrial season in the top flight :mrgreen:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Richt wrote:
blahblah wrote:I could be wrong, as I am rubbish at dates\days at the end of months :?
Hence why I have asked for clarification from Spirie or Kaarde on the fiso league scribble page.

Need to be as prepared as possible for my inaugrial season in the top flight :mrgreen:
FISO should be in training now.

Season Ends 24th, CR 25th Training to end 26th, so start from 21st.

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

and first game next monday, so no won't be that bad if I don't start training until now....

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Thursday here, I sent three invites, have had one accepted, but can invite no one else :?

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

It's a poor team and rebuilding will be a slow process. I don't think you can go below 16 players in the squad and you probably need to sack well over half of the 18 you have.
Stick with the team as you will get satisfaction from improving it.

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

Surprised wrote:It's a poor team and rebuilding will be a slow process. I don't think you can go below 16 players in the squad and you probably need to sack well over half of the 18 you have.
I believe you can go as low as 14 players in your squad if players are sold. (A big if of that happening from Barry's team of course).

You just cant sack any when you have 18.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

blahblah wrote:Thursday here, I sent three invites, have had one accepted, but can invite no one else :?
I never got one :(

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Surprised wrote:
blahblah wrote:Thursday here, I sent three invites, have had one accepted, but can invite no one else :?
Your squad might be too good :wink:

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Surprised »

Richt wrote:
Surprised wrote:It's a poor team and rebuilding will be a slow process. I don't think you can go below 16 players in the squad and you probably need to sack well over half of the 18 you have.
I believe you can go as low as 14 players in your squad if players are sold. (A big if of that happening from Barry's team of course).

You just cant sack any when you have 18.
It will be tough then as very few, if any, of the players can be sold. The strategy will have to be buy or promote before sacking.

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

friendly invites?

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Surprised »

blahblah wrote:
Surprised wrote:
Your squad might be too good :wink:
My FISO team?
I doubt it. I am going to struggle in the top division next season!

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

Surprised wrote: The strategy will have to be buy or promote before sacking.
that's my fear, so no making money from transfers, - limits my training budget and therefore going to add a season at least until my world domination :roll:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I would sack two, buy two for 47k (max 100k) sack two and work up from the absolute worst.

Me too, I have sold the golden oldies, and should be good from 2 or 3 seasons time.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Richt wrote:
friendly invites?
Yep. Playing your brother on 26th. I am sure you were sent one, too.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Surprised »

barry wrote:
Surprised wrote: The strategy will have to be buy or promote before sacking.
that's my fear, so no making money from transfers, - limits my training budget and therefore going to add a season at least until my world domination :roll:
The good thing about promoting players is that you will have a very young team that can be developed.

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

No Mr Blah, I didn't receive any invites.....

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Shaw :arrow: Sack, no-one will buy him.
Renton :arrow: Keep, if you can afford to.

Girvan :arrow: Sack, no-one will buy him.
Hayes :arrow: keep
Osbourne :arrow: fragile, but a keep
Yell :arrow: Sack, no-one will buy him.
Hamill :arrow: Sack, no-one will buy him.
Perrie :arrow: "will try to sell I think" I doubt you will get much cash for him, I would keep.

I have never seen a midfield this bad.
Rogers :arrow: loads of SQ's and the only freekick tacker in team but I'd think he'll be getting moved on
Macaldonich :arrow: keep
Ranken, :arrow: I would keep him, too.
Topier, Cosgrove :arrow: all be moved on when I can
Sanders :arrow: I would be tempted to keep him, in the hope of a double, and on ab bar a season improvement, he is the best that you have.

MacKill Keep, as he will bring you ave age, and he will improve.
Rover I think you have to sell this one, to raise cash. The only other one who may get you money is the Keeper.

This gives you a 3-3-1 core to play the 7 or 8 kids around. Set the Talent to any, and Nationality to Scottish, as Old Wives say they provide better youths.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Richt wrote:No Mr Blah, I didn't receive any invites.....
Strange.

Angry Alien
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Angry Alien »

Karrde wrote:Oh Barry, unlucky! I know all new teams need gutting, but that does seem a touch on the bad side... having said that if you get your tactics right and keep their form high you can get out of division 8 with that team.

The Hattrick League only has one game left. So dont spend ANY money training them this week. You wont makea dent in their average form so its wasted money. You want to have every player you intend to use in training so that they finish the day after the change report. That way they all start with a nice green form arrow and. Your aim is to just keep them all in good form, you want to be top of your team form table all season.

Youth players wont come until the transfer window opens again. You are certain to get one every thirty days minimum, but you wont have to wait that long. The probability is on a sliding scale. One day after your last youth youre extremely unlikely to get one, sliding up to thirty days after your last youth youre certain to get one. Promote all youths you get, even the bad ones will work out better than the 25/5 parade of oddities you have right now... it really is the human equivalent of a bag of broken biscuits! A 27/3 :oops: :lol:

Dont lose heart though, any manager paying attention to the opposition can get out of Div 8 within 2 seasons as half the managers down there are dribbling buffoons. So you will get a little taste of winning before it gets hard. My team started in Division 8, although they werent as bad as yours as they werent a new team they had 1 point with the last game of the season to come. I got dicked 4-0 in my first game and then pissed Div 8 the next season. Now they are starting to look like a Div 4 team.
Not to be confused with Bribbling Duffoons :D :evil:

Barry bite the bullet...It is just a learning Curve after all :idea:

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

Angry Alien wrote:

I'm not quitting 8-)

Angry Alien
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Angry Alien »

barry wrote:
Angry Alien wrote:

I'm not quitting 8-)
I meant use the team as experience
double really :idea:

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Post by Karrde »

17/3 or 18/4 are your targets here Barry and every youth that comes. You can set youths to be a certain position, so you dont end up buying and promoting the same positions and neglecting others.

If youre lucky you could just hit the jackpot and have your next youth be worth 20mil :P

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

Karrde wrote: If youre lucky you could just hit the jackpot and have your next youth be worth 20mil :P

I'm due a bit of karma surely :lol:

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Post by Karrde »

You will get that lucky break at some point. A Division 8 team is as likely to get a great youth as a Division 1 team.

But youre not due any karma yet, you have 5 months of torture to come, the rapture is upon you!!! Mwahahahahahaha.

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

first competetive game today - a convincing 4-0 win.... for me! :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Xpert Eleven”