To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Public League

A forum for discussion on the Xpert Eleven Fantasy Management Simulation game
barry
FISO Knight

Re: Public League

Post by barry »

Richt wrote:Make sure you evaluate the 16/4's. Would hate for you to pay over the odds for a misclassified 16/3. Also don't worry too much about the players compatibility at the age of 16 (or 17 , 18) as the younger the player the quicker their compatability improves.

(Tune in tomorrow for more lessons on how to suck eggs, in case I'm telling you stuff you already know)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I always evaluate now after going through 2 or 3 shitty deals in a row.

and no, ANY advice is welcome! Cheers mate.

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

barry wrote:surprisingly both valued at 3.9m - now, if I go to sell, it automatically comes at at 783k - what should I set this to?

offer just shy of 7m on the table :shock:

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

8.233m in the end :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Don't waste it :wink:

crispybits
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISO Apprentice Champion 2011-2012, Xpert11 FBT winner season 7

Post by crispybits »

Some 'Arry style wheeler dealing later, and a roughly 0 net spend:

Feeling a bit happier with that going up against some of these guys this season now :)

(still need a better #1 GK tho)

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

I struggle to maintain all players having a squad over 16/17 - do you play friendlies in between league matches? does that benefit them at all???

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Are hidden sq's shown in alphabetical order? :wink:

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

barry wrote:I struggle to maintain all players having a squad over 16/17 - do you play friendlies in between league matches? does that benefit them at all???
Use your 3xsubs every game Barry. It helps loads. Two players split 60 and 30 mins is worth about a game and a third for one player. So three substitutions is like a full game gained for 1 player. Friendlies only give you a fraction of ME.

Stay in the cup as long as you can.

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

WilBert wrote:
barry wrote: Stay in the cup as long as you can.
:lol:

I try my best!

crispybits
Dumbledore

Post by crispybits »

I'll probably sell the 19/5 MF - just havent got round to it yet - and for the 33y/o DV of 10 will be enough, so I'm only trying to really get good DV into 15 players once I get the better high skill goalie and having the older players around I have been assured will help a lot with that

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

WilBert wrote:
barry wrote:I struggle to maintain all players having a squad over 16/17 - do you play friendlies in between league matches? does that benefit them at all???
Use your 3xsubs every game Barry. It helps loads. Two players split 60 and 30 mins is worth about a game and a third for one player. So three substitutions is like a full game gained for 1 player. Friendlies only give you a fraction of ME.

Stay in the cup as long as you can.
I thought that 2x45 was better, and easier to keep track of...

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Could be, easier to keep track of now that you've got minutes played in the player profile. That would take an extra click though and we couldn't possibly put you through that ordeal :P :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Indeed, I just know which pair I rotate.....

But then the DV:AF ratio tends to do all the work for me 8-)

Form does seem easy to manage with 45's, what is it like with 60:30?

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

ME% & Game time (minutes played)
5% 1
15% 5
23% 10
30% 15
37% 20
48% 30
58% 40
63% 45
68% 50
76% 60
85% 70
89% 75
92% 80
96% 85
100% 90

45+45 = 126%
60+30 = 124%

I just find 45 mins is a long time to risk injury

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

It is still 90 mins re injuries :lol:

The above is confused by the decline in DV with every game played, which is really why I go for the 45x2 split. Well OK, I can not be assed to tally them both :lol:

I can't remember the exact rate of decline but the player who gets 60 mins in the second match will get less than the one in the first - assuming they swap around.

crispybits
Dumbledore

Post by crispybits »

Aaaand turn the transfer pages off for another season...

Once those two players go, assuming they go for 80% of their EV (and I can hope for more still), I'll have broken even on the squad I left the CR with econ-wise, and feeling much better prepared to take on the division in front of me now and continue developing the handful of really promising future stars I'm building up...

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

nice squad!

best of luck for the season.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Blimey that young goalie is a bit awesome! :shock:

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

Spinynorman wrote:Blimey that young goalie is a bit awesome! :shock:
17/4 with 2 double jumps???

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Post by Richt »

More than likely a 17/5 with just 1 double.

Crispy, I can't help but comment on your goalkeeper situation. I trust you don't mind as to be fair, you probably know more than I do :P but, if that had been my team I think I would have probably sold your 26 year old goal keeper and then just bought a better older one. As when the older one was retiring, then your super youther would have been good enough to take over..... probably.

crispybits
Dumbledore

Post by crispybits »

That's what I did tho Rich - sold the 26/10 (or am in the process of selling him) and bought a 33/14 to keep things running til the 19/8 is ready for the first team regular spot. I don't get where you're going with that?

Also, he was a 17/5 and has got a single then a double - but still youing enough to single again next year well enough to leave him nice and high in his skill band.

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Post by Richt »

We're on the same page Crisp. I just didn't notice the "for sale" icon next to your 26 year old keeper.

Have you had a bid on him yet? He must be worth a decent figure.

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

just a word of thanks - everything posted in here is a great help, even when not related to my team/questions its all information thats first class. cheers guys - I fkn love you all!

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

struggling to find a value 16/4 mid - would a 17/4 be the end of the world? can get one and with sq's same and save 7m - thoughts?

crispybits
Dumbledore

Post by crispybits »

Richt wrote:We're on the same page Crisp. I just didn't notice the "for sale" icon next to your 26 year old keeper.

Have you had a bid on him yet? He must be worth a decent figure.
Only about 3.2m so solid but not really life changing

No bids yet, I only put them on last night tho so they don't sell til Tuesday night

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

barry wrote:struggling to find a value 16/4 mid - would a 17/4 be the end of the world? can get one and with sq's same and save 7m - thoughts?
16\3's are better than 17\4's imho.

crispybits
Dumbledore

Post by crispybits »

barry wrote:struggling to find a value 16/4 mid - would a 17/4 be the end of the world? can get one and with sq's same and save 7m - thoughts?
17/4 is the minimum - if you're generally good at developing youngsters then it's not a huge issue - the premium on 16/4s is something I generally try and avoid, so easy for it all to go wrong with 1 bad injury and 1 bad seasons development, I'd rather buy 2 17 year olds and raise em together, sell one at around age 20-23 depending on your overall squad strategy for the price you paid for both and some profit to cover training costs and reinvest in two more 17 year olds.

As blah says, 16/3 can be a good option too. You get an extra year DV in them and they're not so much more expensive than 17/4s generally

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

crispybits wrote:

I still think that you have another couple to sell and at least one to buy :lol:

Those 23+ year olds will need to play in (as good as) all of the matches to get DV>=AF. While that 4-5-1 will be very strong and would probably romp the Division, the 22 & unders won't have played.

I would sell Yeoman, due to Carlsen being a FK'er and one of the 12 Skill mids. While Cales is the obvious one to me, he could hit the average age. By the way Bajlo is about to get man-marked into semi-permanent injury, allowing me some sweeping exaggeration. (For some reason Playmakers pick up cards and injuries more than the rest, in my experience, possibly because they have more of the ball?) So a leftfield option would be to list him as well: as some adore those SQ's and get a 22\10+ or 23\11+ with the cash?

And get a 16\3 mid, or two, to maintain the age gaps.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

I think 18/5's offer great vfm too. 2 years less training costs, not as much impact on team performance etc.

I struggle with the risk of 16/4's too.

Advantage of the public league is of course that you can study how the player has performed in matches which can give you an indication if he's high or low in his skill band, keeps high form and maybe what his hidden sq's are.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Xpert Eleven”