To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

fantasy Fussball mini-league

A Fantasy Football forum for news and views on Guardian Fantasy Football Chairman.
Demo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Demo »

From the website Team Changes page:

Team changes made before 00:00 BST on Friday, 30 June will be attributed to Phase 2 and team changes made after 00:00 BST on Friday, 30 June will be attributed to Phase 3

http://www.fantasyfussball.com/Article.aspx?id=114

From the T&C's

7. Transfers. Each new transfer phase begins at 00:00 BST on the first day of the phase.

I think you need to use your extra transfers before Friday or you'll be left with 4

Steph
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Steph »

Thanks!

That's really helpful - I think I would have really screwed up there!!!

AJC1964
Grumpy Old Man
Location: On the 16th at the FISO Scotland Golf Day with 39 points in the bag.
FS Record: 20k biggest single win was TFF Div1 £5k 2004/05

Post by AJC1964 »

we have a 4th fiso user in top 12 but he aint in our F&E. so hopefully 2 of us can grab 1st and 2nd :)

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

How long is it before your transfers show up in your team? Is it immediate? Some of you must be waiting for the others to make changes, does it take bottle to leave it late? Any way, all the best to those that have a chance, Aller les bleues!!!!!

Steph
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Steph »

Transfers show up immediately, but if you make them after the scheduled kickoff time, they only take effect after the game has finished. I think most are waiting for team lineups to be announced.

I was first for about 2 hours, but then Zambrotta and the 0:0 England game killed any chances I had. The FISO league is still very close at the top; Good luck everyone!

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

I ballsed it up avoiding changing my defence, I've learnt my lesson, so just another 2 years to wait for the next one. Mind you I think i'll give Premiership game a go, but I don't understand the in and outs of the game, but from what I've read it looks fun.

Steph
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Steph »

Is it just my imagination - or did the whole system go down just before kick-off? Seems like John DeSouza didn't manage to fill the two Portugal slots as a result (or was it perhaps in protest? :wink: ). Just imagine if Ronaldo had scored a couple and DeSouza lost the competition as a result. I think the organisers have been extremely jammy with tonight's score!!!

Muddy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Muddy »

I made a transfer near to kick off and had no difficulties so not sure there was a system problem.

Quizking, we seem nailed onto win the superleague which guarantees us a Subbuteo game, if I'm reading it correctly. How are we dishing it out?

Are you keeping it as Chairman, going to the winner of the league, giving it to Chris or just having a lucky dip to see who has it? Anyone else got any preferences.

I'm not bothered whatever happens as I'm a bit old for Subbuteo. I only mention it so there are no arguements after the event and so you can ask the organisers to send it directly to who we want,as posting it on will be a nightmare.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

looks like we won - any other ideas as to who gets the prize, apart from winner of the league? will get the game organisers to send it direct if and when they get in touch. edit - that's mr collishaw if he should want to pm me. otherwise, yes, posting on would be a hassle, and i'm a bit too old for subbuteo as well, so if prize gets sent here first, maybe another london based fiso member who did well in the league would like to suggest themselves?

AJC1964
Grumpy Old Man
Location: On the 16th at the FISO Scotland Golf Day with 39 points in the bag.
FS Record: 20k biggest single win was TFF Div1 £5k 2004/05

Post by AJC1964 »

to of been winners of this prize we only needed to finish in top 10 F&E's, so winning the title has had the shine taken off as there is only 1 winner when it took 5 of us to get there.

Shame really they never distributed a prize of some sort to the top 5 managers of the top 8 F&Es as you needed 5 teams to score.

PS im to old for it too, but it woulda been nice to of got something back as i don't usually get in to top 5 when it matters :P

Steph
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Steph »

I am not sure what to feel about the outcome. Finishing 3rd is my best ever achievement in FF, so I'm pretty pleased, but unfortunately there was only a prize for 2nd. I was excited after 20 minutes, when all I needed was one more Zidane goal. Oh well...

I think that congratulations are in order for all of us in the league for so soundly thrashing the opposition :D

I am probably too old for subbeteo as well, but I do have a 4 and 6 year old, who may feel like they are being repaid for being made to watch interminable amounts of football over the last month. So, if no one has any objections I will pm quizking with my address.

ps: its a bit boring without football isn't it ? I wonder when the Guardian chairman 06/07 site will be up and running?

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

I think it's stupid that they only give prices for first 2.
I would think first 3 is more logic 8-)
I had a very disappointing WC,now I can't wait 2006/07 competition to start.
Guardian will be my main FF game this year.I think I'v learnt a lot last year(or hope) which was my first year. 8-)

wabu
Treebeard
FS Record: Guardian Winner 2006

Post by wabu »

Good work Dr Collishaw, impressive, most impressive.

Does anyone know if the Guardian are actually doing the fantasy chairman next year? Haven't seen any indication anywhere. I hope so, I really like that game and hope they don't change it.

I guess they'll wait till most of the summer transfers are outta the way to save work updating the players list each time they are transfered.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

subbuteo prize should now be winging it's way to stephan, having had emails from the game promoters who wrongly assumed they should send it to quizking towers. no mention of comp for next season, but then that's not their problem. having looked through other threads, clear that the fantasy chairman game won't run this season, but possible that guardian will run some sort of ff game, maybe something quirky that they run up "in house", or maybe with one of five or six (i reckon) possible companies looking for hosts/sponsors/promoters for games this season. as i've said elsewhere on fiso. the more the merrier.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Guardian Fantasy Football Chairman (Game ceased)”