To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Forscutt vs Edwards

A Fantasy Football forum for news and views on Guardian Fantasy Football Chairman.
wabu
Treebeard
FS Record: Guardian Winner 2006

Forscutt vs Edwards

Post by wabu »

Andrew Forscutt is leading but Andy Edwards is catching up fast and his team Jack's Crackers has 9 more transfers.

Who do people think will win?

I reckon its gonna be mighty close. Roy Turrell is still in with a shout, but I think that idiot Lord Dipbad is out of it now.

Forscutt will be gutted if he loses his place on top after leading for so long.

Steph
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Steph »

I agree it will be close. I think a fair bit will depend on tonight's game; Jack's Crackers is more than 5m behind, so will need to make the extra 5 Man U players count.

Overall, though, I think Forscutt will hold out.

My prediction:

1. Forscutt
2. Turrell
3. Edwards

Johnee
Kevin and Perry

Post by Johnee »

It's a tough one. Forscutt has done the predictable thing of packing out his team with players from the top teams but no longer has much room to maneouvre. What if one them gets injured? Suspended? If Chelsea start playing all their subs?

However, Edwards' problem (which Ive seen from my own perspective of starting the game in October and having multiple transfers left) is that transfers are worth a lot less now than they used to be. Most people are hording what they've left so you're dependent on there being enough monthly teams to keep demand rising.

For example, Downing is back but has hardly risen. Ditto Van Persie. Both players who would have gone up quite considerable if they'd been returning before Christmas (they may still might I guess because they are only being eased back). Mido went up by what, 250-300k yesterday? Would have been 500k plus before Christmas.

When Ashley Cole came back in January, he rose £1m. Will there be a similar rise when he's back in two or three weeks?

I think Edwards might need to be a million or two closer to Forscutt to overtake him. Although I do hope he does. Been sick of seeing his name on the leaderboard with his 20 odd teams for months. :wink:

Demo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Demo »

So being 7m behind, you don't think I've a hope in hell then :wink:
I just hope Dipbad loses miserably. His team name changing is really getting on my tats :!:

wabu
Treebeard

Post by wabu »

Demo wrote: I just hope Dipbad loses miserably. His team name changing is really getting on my tats :!:
Yes I can't stand Lord Dipbad either! He always has to have his name in capitals the attention seeking little child that he is, and his names are never funny just annoying. I will be well glad if Dipbad doesn't win and his Capital letter partner in crime Nitcoot finishes outside the top 10.

I think it would be an awesome achievement to win from £7m behind and a transfer down but you never know, its a funny old game. The last few weeks will be fascinating to see how the top boys play the game.....imagine the pressure, £10,000 for first, zero for second!

Demo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Demo »

wabu wrote:
Demo wrote: I just hope Dipbad loses miserably. His team name changing is really getting on my tats :!:
Yes I can't stand Lord Dipbad either! He always has to have his name in capitals the attention seeking little child that he is, and his names are never funny just annoying. I will be well glad if Dipbad doesn't win and his Capital letter partner in crime Nitcoot finishes outside the top 10.

I think it would be an awesome achievement to win from £7m behind and a transfer down but you never know, its a funny old game. The last few weeks will be fascinating to see how the top boys play the game.....imagine the pressure, £10,000 for first, zero for second!
I'm just trying to be a bit different with the likes of Stelios, Giggs and Pires (You never know) and also hoping for a Chelsea capitulation. Drogba's antics are helping -750,000 FFiver so far :shock:

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

All my teams with capital letters(13 of them)and my name as well.
I never tought people might think that attention seeking names.
But than i was never in the first 50 list.(only in last 2 months with 2 teams)
So in that case i'm seeking my own attention(i'm not in a mini-league either) 8-)

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

Demo wrote:
wabu wrote:

I'm just trying to be a bit different with the likes of Stelios, Giggs and Pires (You never know) and also hoping for a Chelsea capitulation. Drogba's antics are helping -750,000 FFiver so far :shock:
I think biggest problem you have not only 7m behind,but 11 teams front of you(assuming u'r the second string 8-) )
I think more teams you have front of you makes more diffucult.
If you would be second and 7m behind would be easier.
But i think Chelsea players are very risky in last a few weeks.Morinho might rotate them a lot.That's good time for rotation and i think he really needs rotation to keep everybody happy.

Steph
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Steph »

I don't quite understand why Dipbad and Turrell are sticking with such similar teams as Forscutt.

I would perhaps take a gamble on Cahill, who has just discovered his goal scoring boots again. Surely a better bet than Yakubu, who now just seems to sit on the bench most of the time.

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

Evening guys , it`s a bit weird logging on to fiso and seeing your name in a topic title but thanks for support in my effort to overturn the Forscutt Empire ! Cheers Andy (Edwards) :)

Demo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Demo »

C.Sativa wrote:
Demo wrote:
wabu wrote:

I think biggest problem you have not only 7m behind,but 11 teams front of you(assuming u'r the second string 8-) )
I think more teams you have front of you makes more diffucult.
If you would be second and 7m behind would be easier.
But i think Chelsea players are very risky in last a few weeks.Morinho might rotate them a lot.That's good time for rotation and i think he really needs rotation to keep everybody happy.
Mine's Daddy Kewell, so make that 12 teams in front of me :(
I agree with you about the Chelsea situation which is why I've only got 1. I've been rueing mistakes made earlier in the season like hanging on to Liverpool players when they all dropped about 1m a piece, and moving house the day Terry dropped about 1.5m :cry: For some reason I've also hung on to Yakubu :?

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

1 of the problem with Guardian FF you have to be always on alert and aware of what's going on.I also moved on October,and i couldn't reach to the internet for 6 weeks(I know that took long time 8-) )
And when I came back my teams were in terrible condition.
Now my main 4 teams are ranking between 250-400.
So next year I'll be up there,watch the space 8-)

Steph
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Steph »

I lost at least 1.5m due to inability to swap Lampard/Gerrard on the day of the Belgian general strike :( The internet cafe where I was was closed.

gynchie
Wideboy

Post by gynchie »

My sob story is an £8m disaster due to Michael Owen coming in and Terry getting injured last September while I was on a train in Poland. By the time we hit an internet cafe in Krakow last season's success looked out of sight.

Edwards looks menacing.

wabu
Treebeard

Post by wabu »

gynchie wrote:By the time we hit an internet cafe in Krakow last season's success looked out of sight.
Gynchie, what success did you have last season? Did you win it last year?

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

Yes she did

wabu
Treebeard

Post by wabu »

Who do you thinks going to win this year Doogal?

Do you have a fantasy chairman team of your own or is it just a joint effort with the missus? I imagine that could cause some friction over transfer decisions :wink:

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

Yes I have a main Guardian team, but it slipped out of the top hundred, so I gave up on it :oops:
But I'm doing OK in the 2006 comp, and have come close in some monthlies.
Won a rugby prize this year (and top prize in one a few years ago) so not totally outclassed by the boss. What I really want to do well at is OFL, my favourite game, but seem to be totally pants at it. :cry:

Oh yes, who do I think will win? I think it's between the top two, and whoever makes the right choices in the last couple of weeks will win it. Last year there was a shift between first and second of two million in the last two weeks, so the gap is not a big one. Mr Edwards has a lot to do, though if he gambled on a completely different set of players and it came off, he could catch them too. At the moment the teams are all fairly similar so not much changing of positions. It will be interesting to see when someone breaks the mould.

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

What few people will realise is that Mr. Forscutt has been copying my moves for the last couple of months - compare Forscutt`s Galacticos to Jack`s Crackers.Obviously i have been trying to have different players as that is the only way of catching but if he exhausts his transfers i have to hope the last week or two will give me an opportunity to make up the gap

gynchie
Wideboy

Post by gynchie »

wabu wrote:

Do you have a fantasy chairman team of your own or is it just a joint effort with the missus? I imagine that could cause some friction over transfer decisions :wink:
Transfers keep us together ...

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Doogal »

Hmmmn interesting. As you say, he can't copy you forever. Also if you went for something unusual - eg Fulham have two easier games on Saturday and next week? - he would be unlikely to use his transfers on them, as he also has to worry about Turrell, and can't follow both of you. The cup will also come into play of course. So plenty of scope yet!

gynchie
Wideboy

Post by gynchie »

Andy's team with 3 transfers and £3m deficit ... It might be possible and good luck.

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

gynchie wrote:Andy's team with 3 transfers and £3m deficit ... It might be possible and good luck.
Thank you :D

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Doogal »

Andy - I see Saha's still in your team - injured and likely to drop a lot. Worth shipping out today rather than wait for a free one on Mon?
Another thought is - don't forget the cup final - you haven't got many players likely to be in it, so it's worth thinking about bringing one in each time you have to do a transfer?
Good luck - you can still do it :wink:

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

Doogal wrote:Andy - I see Saha's still in your team - injured and likely to drop a lot. Worth shipping out today rather than wait for a free one on Mon?
Another thought is - don't forget the cup final - you haven't got many players likely to be in it, so it's worth thinking about bringing one in each time you have to do a transfer?
Good luck - you can still do it :wink:
Hi Doogal - thanks for your thoughts.It is nice to read some positivity cos i felt my chances went down last night with Downing and Gilberto not performing in contrast to Henry and LuaLua.re Saha - I am waiting for definite news rather than newspaper reports , only a handful of people have sold today.re Cup Final - far from forgetting about it , I have been working my strategies around it .`The Benitles` are entirely dependant on Liverpool beating Chelsea - if they do I will have a full complement in the final as well as having the extra league game against West Ham.`Jack`s Crackers` still has 13 transfers left so i still some flexibility - Downing was brought in this week with one eye on the cup as well as Boro`s extra games.West Ham players also become attractive now because they are affordable for the teams in the 2006 league and monthly teams . Any thoughts are very much appreciated :)

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Doogal »

Great - you're way ahead of me! I wasn't sure if you'd missed the reports or were waiting for official news (though it is pretty widely stated with confidence that he is out for the Sunderland game at least - eg Manchesteronline which is often reliable:
http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/men/s ... r_roo.html
) Trouble is, Fergie obviously plays FF (he could even be Forscutt) and lies regularly through his teeth, so you're right to be cautious. Could well be just a one game rest.

On the cup final, yes probably right to go opposite to Forscutt with Bentiles - he has gone fairly bigtime on Chelsea.

Yes, Boro and West Ham seem to be good teams to be in now (not their defenders!!) If you decide to do some gambling with a couple of transfers in Jack's Crackers, Newcastle look to have some easier games (though which players is always difficult with Newcastle - Solano? presumably you can't risk Dyer). And Wigan's games don't look bad, either. But who knows!!? Don't envy you at the moment - it's really hard playing catch-up.

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

Thanks for the link - confirms what i was hoping.If Saha is fit enough for the bench he may well come on for half an hour against a tiring Sunderland defence..........got to be an optimist !

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Doogal »

Yep - BBC also say likely to be on the bench now.

Svendy Ford
Kevin and Perry

Post by Svendy Ford »

I think Andrew Forscutt will and should win... he's played the game well, been on top for much of the season... it would be cruel for him to be denied now. We Brits tend to be a bit obsessed with the underdog but in this case I'm cheering for the man out in front. :)

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

Svendy Ford wrote:I think Andrew Forscutt will and should win... he's played the game well, been on top for much of the season... it would be cruel for him to be denied now. We Brits tend to be a bit obsessed with the underdog but in this case I'm cheering for the man out in front. :)
Welcome to the discussion Andrew :wink:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Guardian Fantasy Football Chairman (Game ceased)”