To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Forscutt vs Edwards

A Fantasy Football forum for news and views on Guardian Fantasy Football Chairman.
Svendy Ford
Kevin and Perry

Post by Svendy Ford »

andye wrote:
Svendy Ford wrote:I think Andrew Forscutt will and should win... he's played the game well, been on top for much of the season... it would be cruel for him to be denied now. We Brits tend to be a bit obsessed with the underdog but in this case I'm cheering for the man out in front. :)
Welcome to the discussion Andrew :wink:
I wish :!:

wabu
Treebeard
FS Record: Guardian Winner 2006

Post by wabu »

Svendy Ford wrote:
andye wrote:
Svendy Ford wrote:I think Andrew Forscutt will and should win... he's played the game well, been on top for much of the season... it would be cruel for him to be denied now. We Brits tend to be a bit obsessed with the underdog but in this case I'm cheering for the man out in front. :)
I reckon Svendy Ford is Mike Bleazard and Doogal is actually Forscutt in some Darth Sidious like ruse.

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

wabu wrote:
Svendy Ford wrote:
andye wrote:
I reckon Svendy Ford is Mike Bleazard and Doogal is actually Forscutt in some Darth Sidious like ruse.
Yeah I must be - - I see I actually recommended Newcastle players this morning. I think he has entered and taken over my mind.

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

what are the odds on that Wabu could be Forscutt :roll: 8-)

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

Doogal wrote:
wabu wrote:
Svendy Ford wrote:
andye wrote:
Yeah I must be - - I see I actually recommended Newcastle players this morning. I think he has entered and taken over my mind.
Ok,I need Newcastle CB,which 1 would you recommend.
Looke,Bramble,Boumsong?
Looks like i'v got to get rid off S.Campbell very quick

Demo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Demo »

C.Sativa wrote:
Doogal wrote:
wabu wrote:
Svendy Ford wrote:
andye wrote:
Looke,Bramble,Boumsong?
Suicide IMO

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

I wouldn't recommend a Newc defender, but if you have to pick one, I think Bramble is now in favour according to comments by manager. Had a good game on his return. He may have finally realised how bad Boumsong is.

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

Doogal wrote:I wouldn't recommend a Newc defender, but if you have to pick one, I think Bramble is now in favour according to comments by manager. Had a good game on his return. He may have finally realised how bad Boumsong is.
Thanks,I think I go for Bramble 8-)

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

Demo wrote:
C.Sativa wrote:
Doogal wrote:
wabu wrote:
Svendy Ford wrote:
andye wrote:
Looke,Bramble,Boumsong?
Suicide IMO
8-)

wabu
Treebeard

Post by wabu »

C.Sativa wrote:what are the odds on that Wabu could be Forscutt :roll: 8-)
I'll offer 100/1. I'm afraid I am not up to the standard of the historic treble chasing Forscutt, or indeed the month chasing Mr Sativa.

I hope to be up there with the best of them next season as I have learnt much from the likes of Forscutt, Turrell, Dipbad and Edwards.

wabu
Treebeard

Forscutt vs Edwards

Post by wabu »

Edwards has taken a beating lately, I guess its a two horse race now? What does everyone think?

I think you held on to your transfers for to long Andye, like me plenty of lessons learned for next year! :cry:

Demo
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Forscutt vs Edwards

Post by Demo »

wabu wrote:Edwards has taken a beating lately, I guess its a two horse race now? What does everyone think?

I think you held on to your transfers for to long Andye, like me plenty of lessons learned for next year! :cry:
I think you're probably right. My biggest problem was trying to be a bit different to the top 2 or 3 teams to try and catch up. Forscutt has a lot of Chelsea players which hadn't done brilliantly up until last week, so I gained some ground. Now Chelsea are banging in the goals with clean sheets it's pretty difficult, especially with the extra game to Liverpools yesterday, and Man U not having another game before the 29th. I think Andy is having the same trouble :(

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Doogal »

Likely the Chelsea revival has done for him, but he's not dead yet. All his three teams are now close to each other pointswise. His best bet must be to try three very different strategies, one with each. One of them could be extreme - eg a Birmingham block defence (well, perhaps not that extreme) and hope one of them comes off. Tinkering cautiously is no good any more.
Talking of desperate remedies my Bramble recommendation turned out OK :)
My current tip is wigan, starting with Chimbonda. :shock: Watch this space.

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

Doogal wrote:Likely the Chelsea revival has done for him, but he's not dead yet. All his three teams are now close to each other pointswise. His best bet must be to try three very different strategies, one with each. One of them could be extreme - eg a Birmingham block defence (well, perhaps not that extreme) and hope one of them comes off. Tinkering cautiously is no good any more.
Unlucky on the Chimbonda assist - i read the reports as well.In return i will pass on my Fulham tip - as from next Monday they have Wigan (h) , Man City (a) , Sunderland (a) , Boro (h) . You have to be brave to go for their defenders but Knight has got a shot on him and is about 8 foot tall . I am going to go for Diop - listed as DM but scores goals , Boa Morte and Malbranque - both listed as midfielders but score a high proportion of Fulham`s goals . I am now obviously struggling and am optimisticly remembering Fulham putting 6 or 7 past Norwich on the last day of last season . Whether Boro make a Final or not , i cant see them putting up much resistance in the last league game

Demo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Demo »

andye wrote:
Doogal wrote:Likely the Chelsea revival has done for him, but he's not dead yet. All his three teams are now close to each other pointswise. His best bet must be to try three very different strategies, one with each. One of them could be extreme - eg a Birmingham block defence (well, perhaps not that extreme) and hope one of them comes off. Tinkering cautiously is no good any more.
Unlucky on the Chimbonda assist - i read the reports as well.In return i will pass on my Fulham tip - as from next Monday they have Wigan (h) , Man City (a) , Sunderland (a) , Boro (h) . You have to be brave to go for their defenders but Knight has got a shot on him and is about 8 foot tall . I am going to go for Diop - listed as DM but scores goals , Boa Morte and Malbranque - both listed as midfielders but score a high proportion of Fulham`s goals . I am now obviously struggling and am optimisticly remembering Fulham putting 6 or 7 past Norwich on the last day of last season . Whether Boro make a Final or not , i cant see them putting up much resistance in the last league game
The Fulham thing sounds interesting - just wish I had more transfers :roll: Good luck mate.

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

I'v already had Mc Bride and Malbranq last time, and 1 scored 1 had KC.
But than Match abandoned(with bizzare snow storm which I live 60 miles away was a spring day here 8-) )
I'm thinking to do again, but than lightning doesn't strike twice.Still not sure 8-)

Steph
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Steph »

I think Fulham players next monday and Arsenal players the monday after could be big money spinners - both in terms of transfers and points gained.

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

Man City is another odd one that might come good - as from next Tuesday they have Villa (a) , Fulham (h) , (a knackered ) Arsenal (h) , Blackburn (a) . The absence of Joey Barton seems to have coincided with them losing games and he has been a popular buy so he could be a useful buy if back from injury

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Doogal »

I like the Fulham idea - Boa Morte is superb when he's in the mood, and scored a great goal the other day. Ditto Malbranque. Might well support you by buying them too. :)

wabu
Treebeard

Post by wabu »

I can't see how Edwards expects to catch up when half his team aren't playing this weekend! Surely thats what extra transfers are for!? He's losing his mind and Forscutt and Turrell are reaping all the benefits.

Edwards was in a really strong position and has basically flushed it down the toilet, I wish I could have been in his place, i'd have given Turrell and maybe even Forscutt a run for his money!

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

wabu wrote:I can't see how Edwards expects to catch up when half his team aren't playing this weekend! Surely thats what extra transfers are for!? He's losing his mind and Forscutt and Turrell are reaping all the benefits.

Edwards was in a really strong position and has basically flushed it down the toilet, I wish I could have been in his place, i'd have given Turrell and maybe even Forscutt a run for his money!
Benitez , Reina , Finnan , Taylor , Hyypia , Carragher , Silva , Gerrard , Garcia , Downing , Harewood , Crouch :D

wabu
Treebeard

Post by wabu »

andye wrote:
wabu wrote:I can't see how Edwards expects to catch up when half his team aren't playing this weekend! Surely thats what extra transfers are for!? He's losing his mind and Forscutt and Turrell are reaping all the benefits.

Benitez , Reina , Finnan , Taylor , Hyypia , Carragher , Silva , Gerrard , Garcia , Downing , Harewood , Crouch :D
I was talking about Jack's Crackers, should be called Andy's Crackers!

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Doogal »

Good day for Andye (though a clean sheet for Liverpool would have made it a lot better). There will probably be a considerable shift from Chelski to Liverpool players. and Forcutt is very Chelsea heavy and won't be able to cover the cup final But is Andy too far behind?

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Doogal »

After the weekend, things now much clearer. Both have 3 transfers left. Andy has much the better team - has possibility of all 12 being cup finalists (Forscutt can only get 8 finalists maximum). They have five players in common (all Liverpool). The differences: Forscutt has Lualua (injury doubt) G. Neville (playing Chelsea) Terry Lamps Makalele Mourinho (all going down in market as Chelsea bubble bursts). His only advantage is Henry. Andy has Malbranque and Diop (4 games and rising in market) Harewood Crouch Benitez Garcia (cup finalists and rising) and Taylor (well... got a FF and can be sold at the right time).
So - can he make up 5 million? Being optimistic, I would guess the market advantage to Andy this week could be a million or so. Performancewise there could also be a million difference. That would be a gap of 3 million after next weekend with all to play for. Not over yet!!! (though don't discount Turrell either). What the chasers want is for Man Utd to whap Chelsea. And a handsome couple of wins from Fulham.

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

Thanks again Doogal . Very helpful to read some constructive analysis :wink:

wabu
Treebeard

Post by wabu »

Good luck Andy, you can do it!

Svendy Ford
Kevin and Perry

Post by Svendy Ford »

I think a miracle is required! Think it's in the bag for Forscutt now.

Steph
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Steph »

Treble for Forscutt??

gynchie
Wideboy

Post by gynchie »

It could still be "squeaky bum time": who is better to have £10k on, SAF and Coleman, or the Special "diamond" One?

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Doogal »

Only £4million behind now - this could be interesting yet!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Guardian Fantasy Football Chairman (Game ceased)”