To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Gerrard - the next Rooney?

A Fantasy Football forum for news and views on Guardian Fantasy Football Chairman.
wabu
Treebeard
FS Record: Guardian Winner 2006

Gerrard - the next Rooney?

Post by wabu »

Liverpool will have to rest Steven Gerrard soon which is why I reckon he is going down so much today.

If Mongoose's stats are correct, over 3000 teams have Gerrard in them which means the potential loss of keeping him in is HUGE, ala Wayne Rooney. Andrew Forscutt kept hold of Rooney when he was going down and as a result lost out on the top spot to the impressive Roy Turrell.

I am going to ditch Gerrard, and go for Downing as he seems to be the only midfielder going up today, and he is back from injury so demand-wise can only move in the right direction, also Boro have a good run of fixtures.

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

Depends on your transfer situation. Gerrard will outscore Downing in the long run, and you may find yourself putting him back in in a couple of weeks.

Demo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Demo »

I'm holding fire - seems a bit rash to me and a waste of a transfer. Are you trying to kick-start panic selling Wabu :wink:

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: Gerrard - the next Rooney?

Post by Dot »

wabu wrote:Liverpool will have to rest Steven Gerrard soon which is why I reckon he is going down so much today.

If Mongoose's stats are correct, over 3000 teams have Gerrard in them which means the potential loss of keeping him in is HUGE, ala Wayne Rooney. Andrew Forscutt kept hold of Rooney when he was going down and as a result lost out on the top spot to the impressive Roy Turrell.

I am going to ditch Gerrard, and go for Downing as he seems to be the only midfielder going up today, and he is back from injury so demand-wise can only move in the right direction, also Boro have a good run of fixtures.
i think u have been eating too many mushrooms from the back of the bog-door.

mongoose
FISOhead

Re: Gerrard - the next Rooney?

Post by mongoose »

Dot wrote:
wabu wrote:Liverpool will have to rest Steven Gerrard soon which is why I reckon he is going down so much today.

i think u have been eating too many mushrooms from the back of the bog-door.
Mushrooms for me too as I got rid of Gerrard for Downing this morning.

Anyway, to catch up with the leaders you need a contrary team (which is why I am so Arsenal heavy in defence)

May regret it, but I would rather have a pop at the top spot than finish top 50.

Demo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Demo »

:roll: :wink:

mongoose
FISOhead

Post by mongoose »

Oh well!

Saying that Downing's increase has offset most of the 'loss'.

Johnee
Kevin and Perry

Post by Johnee »

And at least you've saved the increases built in by transfers over the last few weeks. If you notice, he was subbed yesterday before the finish, and again did little of note (except for the penalty obviously :wink: :) ).

He will score a lot of points before the end of the season. But, if they do manage to sign Victor/any RW, he will be rested soon - probably sometime between the Chelsea and Arsenal games.

Maybe even on Wednesday. And then he might plummet. Performances aside, there's only downwards potential for Gerrard on the transfer front.

Johnee
Kevin and Perry

Post by Johnee »

Looks like he's going to be enforceably rested between the Chelsea and Arsenal games now that he's injured for the next two matches.

He's dropped almost 100k already ... if you've enough transfers, might be time to act.

wabu
Treebeard
FS Record: Guardian Winner 2006

Post by wabu »

I'm glad I got rid of Gerrard when I did, he is going to hurt a lot of teams since so many people have him.

So much for eating mushrooms hey Dot?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Guardian Fantasy Football Chairman (Game ceased)”