To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Absolute Radio Rock 'n 'Roll Football 2009/10

A forum for discussion of Absolute Radio's Rock & Roll Fantasy Football run by Fantasy League
pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar
FS Record: Too many to mention now :-)

Post by pa102aw »

Just received this Email and this season we can enter 2 Teams. Watch this space. :D

The new season's game is nearly here! We've made some cracking improvements including a brand new look for the site, plus you can now manage up to TWO teams, absolutely free! We'll be sending another email next week with details on how to register, so stay tuned, and we'll see you on the pitch!

http://rocknrollfootball.fantasyleague.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

grob
Dumbledore

Re: Absolute Radio Rock 'n 'Roll Football 2009/10

Post by grob »

I've not received my e-mail yet,so they must be doing them in alphabetical order - my surname begins with an R :wink:

I wish they'd stuck with just the single entry though. I'd already decided to dump those comps where there are more than 1 team to manage e.g.Metro with 5 teams - 4 too many.

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

I wonder what it is that possesses Fantasy Games Operators that they have to keep changing the format of their game when they already have a winning one. ? I remember at the end of the season filling out a questionairre for Absolute Radio about the game asking if I would like to see any changes and I told them that it was perfect and to leave it just as it is. Do they listen, do they sod.

I agree with you about the Metro Game Grob, it does become a bit of a hassle with 5 teams to manage so I'll be giving it a miss this year or just concentrate on the one team only. I think that I could handle two teams in this one though.

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

I'd rather that games like Metro spent 1% of the time they spend thinking up new ways to make money on improving the format. The Metro game from 2 seasons ago was popular and easy to manage. Last season all that went out of the window and the format completely changed and it was a different game.

I hope that Absolute Radio don't go the same way...

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

presumably,it's all about the number of hits they can attract to the website - the game producers may even get paid based partly on that,which in turn means they're less concerned than they should be about enforcing their own rules about multi-entrants, be they in single entry only games or 5 teams per entrant as in the Metro last season - still not enough for the greedy ones though,who want to increase their chances of winning, and realise that they've a better chance of getting away with it in comps where more than 1 team per entrant is allowed,as it makes it far more difficult to police.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

Up and running:

http://absoluteradio.uat.fantasyleague.com/Index.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like there's no mini-league prize :(

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

And the discrepancy between the Overall Prize and the Monthly Prize is astonishing :shock:

The prizes at a glance
Overall winner - £20,000.
Manager of the Month prizes - A signed football shirt every month

Five long bones
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Five long bones »

I`m trying to be fairly selective with the games I play this season, this one just got demoted to, no weekly, no monthly, no point.

One down :mrgreen:

I should add that I will play, but if not in the top 100 by wk 3, I will chuck it. :P

Mr Green
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Green »

I believe that this site has not been fully launched yet (scheduled for Tuesday) and that some features are still awaiting release...

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Entered my team and it appeared twice. Now have to wait until the changes are working to get a second team.

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

Mr Green wrote:I believe that this site has not been fully launched yet (scheduled for Tuesday) and that some features are still awaiting release...
I've just had an email confirming that the game has now officially launched.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

My teams have been deleted! Is this just me?

steve foster
FISOhead

Post by steve foster »

Mine were deleted the other day also,did them again and they are still there now.

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

I've still not been able to enter mine. Although I received an e-mail advice informing me that the new season's comp had been launched, their site kept telling me when I tried to enter, that my e-mail address isn't known to them ! :? I can't re-register either,as my e-mail address is already "taken" !
I had reservations about playing this when they decided to allow everyone 2 teams this season,and if these registration problems continue,I'll not bother.

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

I had reservations with the lack of a real monthly prize even without the changes to the rules. With me trying to avoid FF burnout again this is an easy one to miss out on.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

With no monthly and no mini-league prizes there's not much motivation to keep going is there?! I'll stick a couple of teams in, if I'm not near the top by November I'll dump it.

I got the 'email address not known' thing too despite them emailing me at that same address :? It accepted it when I (re)registered though. Although I'm still waiting for the promised email from them. Not a good start.

Lister
Grumpy Old Baggie
FS Record: Won a few golf things a long time ago!!

Post by Lister »

Art Vandelay wrote:With no monthly and no mini-league prizes there's not much motivation to keep going is there?! I'll stick a couple of teams in, if I'm not near the top by November I'll dump it.

I got the 'email address not known' thing too despite them emailing me at that same address :? It accepted it when I (re)registered though. Although I'm still waiting for the promised email from them. Not a good start.

Have to agree I have put 2 sides in but without a good start they will be left to rot.

Lister
Grumpy Old Baggie

Post by Lister »

I'm unable to make any transfers at the moment the button is inactive is everyone else the same?

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

I've been waiting 5 days for my confirmation Email. I have been sending them repeated requests for it but have heard nothing. This game is a shambles this year and "I'm Out" :?

Lister
Grumpy Old Baggie

Post by Lister »

pa102aw wrote:I've been waiting 5 days for my confirmation Email. I have been sending them repeated requests for it but have heard nothing. This game is a shambles this year and "I'm Out" :?
No problem with confirmation email but as you say it's a shambles which is a shame I really enjoyed this the last few years.

Lister
Grumpy Old Baggie

Post by Lister »

Lister wrote:I'm unable to make any transfers at the moment the button is inactive is everyone else the same?

Still can't transfer :roll:

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

Lister wrote:I'm unable to make any transfers at the moment the button is inactive is everyone else the same?
Yes, it's like that for everyone. If you look at the team changes section is says "Transfers are currently unavailable, but are coming very soon"

I don't know why they couldn't just leave everything the same as last season :?

Lister
Grumpy Old Baggie

Post by Lister »

Art Vandelay wrote:
Yes, it's like that for everyone. If you look at the team changes section is says "Transfers are currently unavailable, but are coming very soon"

I don't know why they couldn't just leave everything the same as last season :?

Has not noticed that, yes I wished they had left it alone.

Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

Post by Razorback »

I've created a league for anyone that wants to join;

League name :arrow: Fiso Forum

League pin :arrow: 1188

Lister
Grumpy Old Baggie

Post by Lister »

I'm in

Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

Post by Razorback »

For some reason I can't get my second team to join the league I created using the first :? , this would of course be a lot more annoying if there was a mini-league prize this season :lol: ...

Lister
Grumpy Old Baggie

Post by Lister »

Razorback wrote:For some reason I can't get my second team to join the league I created using the first :? , this would of course be a lot more annoying if there was a mini-league prize this season :lol: ...

Mine came up with a drop down box to select my 2nd team.

Razorback
FISO Knight

Post by Razorback »

Lister wrote:
Razorback wrote:For some reason I can't get my second team to join the league I created using the first :? , this would of course be a lot more annoying if there was a mini-league prize this season :lol: ...

Mine came up with a drop down box to select my 2nd team.
I didn't get a drop down box (maybe because I was creating a league rather than joining one :? ) but it's not a big deal only having one team in this league...

steve foster
FISOhead

Post by steve foster »

Have joined up :)

Razorback
FISO Knight

Post by Razorback »

Regarding transfers it now says on the 'contact us' page that 'Transfers are coming very soon. You will be able to make to changes to your team by the middle of the week'...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Rock & Roll Fantasy Football”