Early season thoughts and my team stats

A forum for discussion on Bundesliga Super Manager on Bild.com
blessedbrian
Grumpy Old Man
Location: I've got such a long way to go...to make it to the border of mexico
FS Record: Cannot Complain!

Early season thoughts and my team stats

Post by blessedbrian »

After having the usual unrealistic high hopes on entering this new game, my 3 teams seem to be underperforming so I thought I would try and take a look and work out where it all went wrong :)

stats stats and more stats

firstly I took a look at what my points total is, and what my maximum points haul would have been if I played my squads perfectly

Team 1 - Mr Tickle - Total 374pts Pos 33630 - Max Total 488pts Pos 39th :shock:
Team 2 - Mr Bump - Total 340pts Pos 61439 - Max Total 403pts Pos guess 18,000ish
Team 3 - Mr Happy - Total 324pts Pos 64867 - Max Total 402pts Pos guess 18,000ish

so initial thoughts are, although luck plays its part, im clearly not rotating my squads well enough each gameweek :(

Using the stats breakdown I did to work out the max totals, I thought I would see what formations gave me those max totals each week

Mr Tickle
Week1 4-4-2 134pts Week2 3-5-2 110pts Week3 4-4-2 136pts Week4 4-3-3 108pts
Mr Bump
Week1 3-5-2 120pts Week2 3-5-2 88pts Week3 3-5-2 104pts Week4 4-3-3 91pts
Mr Happy
Week1 3-5-2 124pts Week2 3-5-2 73pts Week3 3-4-3 103pts Week4 3-5-2 102pts

so what does that tell me, not a lot I think! 4-4-2 produced the highest totals, but 3-5-2 looks the common formation that would have got the best of my squad. I would also think that you need to score 120pts weekly average to be around the top of the leaderboard

then what about my initial selections, how far off the mark was I there with finding 1st choice players. With only 1 transfer to play with before September 4th, how many transfers would I ideally like to get rid of anyone not playing regularly in my squads?

Mr Tickle - 1 non-starter :)
Mr Bump - up to 5 transfers required :cry:
Mr Happy - 2 benchwarmers :|

looking at it that way, apart from the calamatious choices of Mr Bump, my other 2 squads should hopefully have enough to field a starting XI all the way through to the winter break and those 4 extra transfers.

For what its worth, my obvious tactic was to find 18 regulars for my squads as I felt that over the limited transfer windows everyone would have to play their part. However with so many permutations to produce your starting XI each week from an 18man squad, its so frustrating to try and get right! Maybe having a couple of deadwood players forces you into not having that selection dilemma, and just maybe i have written off the chances of Mr Bump too early :wink:

I will revisit this later in the season, but current betting would have Mr Tickle to finish highest then Mr Happy with Mr Bump lagging behind.

Anyone else having any success in this game?

Geoff

enzo_modisco
Kevin and Perry

Re: Early season thoughts and my team stats

Post by enzo_modisco »

Hi Geoff, Lord of Exeter ;)

Also playing this game & enjoyed reading ur analysis !
Where it not for the 1:2 of Bayern in Mainz i'd be in the 400s with 4/10 teams.

So now its the 1000s with 2 of them :(

I also felt, that rotation is VIP - am undecided by now, since the leaders all mostly have a lot of dead wood on the bench and they are quite some points ahead.

If that will eventually leverage out - I hope so !!!!

Also feeling 3-5-2 is the safest formation.
Guess I underestimated the value of "ratings" vs. performance scores so far.

So, now I'm keeping the "star players" in, even if the team is likely to lose the match.

What will be VERY interesting is, how the CL/EL Teams will fare in the league vs. those, who do not have this double strain ;)

Got the feeling Wolfsburg, Stuttgart and Bremen might struggle with this, but not HSV & Bayern.

I went for Hoffenheim,B04 and Dortmund players for that phase of the game, hopin they'd outperform their more expensive peers ! ;)

Overall the game is a lot of fun !!!!

Greets, M.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Bundesliga Super Manager”