To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Did van Nistelrooy assist?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
UmExcuseMe
Grumpy Old Chinchilla

Did van Nistelrooy assist?

Post by UmExcuseMe »

Did RVN assist Ronaldo's first goal against Pompey? It seemed to me that he definitely nodded the ball down for Ronaldo. Admittedly, the thunderbolt of a shot was the reason for the goal and not RVN's pass, but by the rules of the game RVN should have been awarded the assist. Unless Ronaldo's shot was so spectacular it's considered "unassisted"? :?

Oh well, maybe they'll give it to him later (supposedly within 24 hours of the end of the match). I really need every point I can get this week. :P

squealy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 08/09 - 3692, FPL 07/08 - 667, FPL 06/07 - 5992, FPL 05/06 - 108

Post by squealy »

I'd videod MOTD so I had another look at the Ronaldo goal (the things I do for FISO :roll: ). RVN appears to nod the ball down in Ronaldo's direction from a long ball forward from Silvestre. I would say RVN should get an assist and Silvestre a second assist. I would say that, but as I have neither in my team I'm happy with the points as they stand. :twisted:

As an aside could I just ask whoever the idiots are who are buying RVN and pushing his price up, to please desist. He doesn't even play next gameweek you cretins, and you are seriously jeopardising my transfer plans.

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

Silvestre's long ball came off the defender's back, not RVN, hence no assist.

UmExcuseMe
Grumpy Old Chinchilla

Post by UmExcuseMe »

reds363 wrote:Silvestre's long ball came off the defender's back, not RVN, hence no assist.
Are you sure? It looked to me like RVN nodded the ball down with a nice cushioned header. :?:

viddleodge
sir goatus australis
FS Record: now 2nd highest ever weekly score at Goalsneak.com.au

Post by viddleodge »

squealy wrote:As an aside could I just ask whoever the idiots are who are buying RVN and pushing his price up, to please desist. He doesn't even play next gameweek you cretins
here are the fools;

Garnerish
FISOhead

Post by Garnerish »

squealy wrote: As an aside could I just ask whoever the idiots are who are buying RVN and pushing his price up, to please desist. He doesn't even play next gameweek you cretins, and you are seriously jeopardising my transfer plans.
Really? Why doesn't he play? I haven't brought him specifically this gameweek, but I have him.

Innovation10
Kevin and Perry

Post by Innovation10 »

Really? Why doesn't he play? I haven't brought him specifically this gameweek, but I have him.
League Cup Final I presume. No games for Man Utd, Wigan, West Ham or Tottenham (drew with Sunderland :lol: :D )

Garnerish
FISOhead

Post by Garnerish »

Tottenham (drew with Sunderland)

Yes. So what, Arsenal are below us for the moment, and that'll do me.

Innovation10
Kevin and Perry

Post by Innovation10 »

Yes. So what, Arsenal are below us for the moment, and that'll do me.
Fair play, still enjoyed it though...

viddleodge
sir goatus australis
FS Record: now 2nd highest ever weekly score at Goalsneak.com.au

Re: Did van Nistelrooy assist?

Post by viddleodge »

UmExcuseMe wrote:Did RVN assist Ronaldo's first goal against Pompey? It seemed to me that he definitely nodded the ball down for Ronaldo. Admittedly, the thunderbolt of a shot was the reason for the goal and not RVN's pass, but by the rules of the game RVN should have been awarded the assist. Unless Ronaldo's shot was so spectacular it's considered "unassisted"? :?
talking of ronaldo, 2 braces in a row! 3rd this season. just came across this on the web.. "Ronaldo was first spotted by former Liverpool F.C manager Gerrard Houllier at the age of 16. However, Liverpool later declined him because he was too young and needed some time to develop into a top footballer." from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cristiano_Ronaldo
maybe he's kickstarting into gear now.

UmExcuseMe
Grumpy Old Chinchilla

Post by UmExcuseMe »

Drat, it looks like they're not going to give the assist to RVN. I've seen reports that Park was the one who made the assist, but premierleague.com hasn't given it to him either. I haven't had a chance to watch the incident again, but it's strange that I could mistake Park for RVN! :shock: (and squealy, too :P)

I suppose the only explanation would be that the ball went off a defender instead, although it certainly didn't seem that way to me on first viewing. In any case, the FAQ clearly states that assist decision disputes will not be entertained, so that's that. :cry:

squealy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 08/09 - 3692, FPL 07/08 - 667, FPL 06/07 - 5992, FPL 05/06 - 108

Post by squealy »

The MOTD commentator too UEM. He clearly says RVN.

UmExcuseMe
Grumpy Old Chinchilla

Post by UmExcuseMe »

Well, I emailed them and was told that RVN didn't touch the ball, and that it deflected off the defender's back. Ah well.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”