To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

5.0m midfielder

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Flyman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO FPL Knockout Cup Winner 08; 5th Overall Sky Sports Euro 12

Post by Flyman »

shawpower: Can you tell us how much you'd get for Repka and Davis and how much you can afford to spend on any replacement? Thanks.

shawpower
Grumpy Old Man

Post by shawpower »

I'd get 3.6 for Repka and 5.6 for Davis. I have 1.5 in the bank.

UmExcuseMe
Grumpy Old Chinchilla

Post by UmExcuseMe »

shawpower: why not replace Repka with Faye then?

Flyman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO FPL Knockout Cup Winner 08; 5th Overall Sky Sports Euro 12

Post by Flyman »

shawpower:
Wow! There are so many options my head hurts! Here are just a few possibilities to be shot down.
I've not considered midfielders as I think Davis is too good a buy to move on. You must have picked him up at 5.2 and for the money you'd get I don't think you could do much better. He represents a reliable 2 points minimum off the bench if needed and is worth fielding for particular matches.
Repka, on the other hand, is dead wood. Personally, I don't mind having a non-playing player in my squad - so long as he's as cheap as they come! It's very rare that a well maintained team requires all three of their subs in a gameweek and you don't look like you'll be caught short in GW 27, so why not consider selling him for the cheapest defender possible, a 3.4 bloke? Getting the one you think stands the greatest chance of actually kicking a ball and adding 0.2 to the kitty will then let you put your money on the field, not on the bench.
However, such strategies are not for all. If you want a player who actually plays then I can think of two choices - 1) the cheapest playing player who will get a few points for an emergency and 2) spending most of your reserve on a serious contender.
1) I can't see anyone reliable under 3.9 who stands a fair chance of getting more than 1 point in a week, but at 3.9 you might consider Albrechsten (or Robinson if you don't mind the ban), Sun ( :idea: ) or, as you say, Ramage. They will all play some games where they'll be worth a punt.
2) I've been impressed with what I've seen of Sharner on the box - and in it! :) He's still 4.5 and looks capable of scoring more. He's on a 2xgw now, should you want any more, but misses GW 27, and WI don't have the easiest run ahead of them.
Delaney - 4.8 - is on form, too, and a strengthening AV have several games ahead where he could get a c.s.
You don't mention having Gray (4.4). He and Nelson, at 4.8, are both reasonable choices - BR's 2xgw are vs EV and SU .... Hell! Make him captain!

shawpower
Grumpy Old Man

Post by shawpower »

Guys, thanks for the replys. I feel that maybe I should have given more details of the plan I have for the next few weeks as that would have answered some points you raise.

UmExcuseMe: I am bringing in Faye, but not till next week, when I plan on adding some extra cash to my kitty. Say no more. I am thinking then of possibly changing Jussi to Kuzszetc the following week and then maybe upgrading Kuqi followed by employing Stelios the week after.

So that would get me to week 30. So that explains why Repka and maybe Davis could go.

I just checked out what I could do if I followed your advice though. It would leave me with a back 5 of Hyypia, Gray, Dawson, Faye & Fortune. That is fairly strong yet only has one from pool/chelsea. I could then dump Jussi for Kuz and then upgrade Kuqi but that would leave me with not much in the bank. I'd have a midfield of Nolan, Gerrard, Lamps, Davis & Hughes. I'm not sure whether I prefer a stronger backline or midfield. I tend to go 3-4-3 so that would leave me having to decide between the two weak mids til the end.

Flyman: thanks very much for such a detailed reply. I kind of agree that Repka is the better bet to sell as Davis is someone I'd like to keep. However, some of his replacements are near the first team at the moment so maybe holding off would clarify things. Your advice on Scharner is good but I already have Faye in mind as my next 4 million defender. Albrectsen is also a good bet, and if I don't change from Jussi to Kuz, I'll be looking at this closer.

I think that possibly the best option is to actually not make any changes this week. I'm keeping my transfer fund intact, I'm not gambling on a replacement coming good short term and I can see who might replace Repka in a few weeks. Talk about confused. And I haven't even got to think of my captain yet!

UmExcuseMe
Grumpy Old Chinchilla

Post by UmExcuseMe »

shawpower: no, what I mean is, since you were going to bring Faye in anyway, and also considering the possibility of replacing Repka this week, you lose nothing if you do the Faye transfer first. Suppose you planned to replace Fortune with Faye; you could instead bring Faye in this week, then replace Fortune next week. The net result would be the same, but you keep your options open. It's pretty much a no-lose scenario.

On a completely separate issue, 300 posts for me! Wahey! I'm now "red braces"! Cool!

What does red braces mean, anyway? :?

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

UmExcuseMe wrote:On a completely separate issue, 300 posts for me! Wahey! I'm now "red braces"! Cool!

What does red braces mean, anyway? :?
Red braces no knickers? Or is that shoes? :?

Anyway, well done on the 300. I think, however, that you may only be on 300 posts, but your word count must far outweigh everybody (apart from murf).

Talking of murf, have you noticed that instead of a Grumpy Old Man, he is a Grumpy Old Sheep.... v funny I thought!

tom4nash
Dumbledore
Location: Latitude-35.8084N Longitude-78.6471W Attitude-Without A Doubt

Post by tom4nash »

Jonathan wrote:Talking of murf, have you noticed that instead of a Grumpy Old Man, he is a Grumpy Old Sheep.... v funny I thought!
Several have their own twist:
Karrde- Grumpy Old Stormtrooper
Madchester- Grumpy Old Manc
Spencer4- Grumpy Old Cat
and The Jezster- Grumpy Old Scouser

They fit. :wink:

viddleodge
sir goatus australis
FS Record: now 2nd highest ever weekly score at Goalsneak.com.au

Post by viddleodge »

what will we all be if/when we reach 'grumpy old ... ' status?
i guess i'd be grumpy old aussie, i dunno.
on the subject of replacing repka, how about stubbs?
he's back at everton and at 3.8 he's a ff repka doppelganger.
he's starts all the time and everton are looking more and more solid to rise up to mid-table position. i'm spewing coz the day after i transfered collins(wh) in for repka, stubbs moved back to everton with his sunderland price tag.
bollox!
but maybe someone else can capitalize?
you know it makes sense!

UmExcuseMe
Grumpy Old Chinchilla

Post by UmExcuseMe »

viddleodge wrote:on the subject of replacing repka, how about stubbs?
Yobo will probably take his place when he returns from ACN.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”