To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW4/8 Absentees

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
fairfranco
Red & Blue Braces

Re: GW4 Absentees

Post by fairfranco »

Uncertain: DCL (calf)

I'd say DCL will be back.

In training video's he's been training with the team and looking fine, he's had plenty of time to recover, and will hopefully have recovered from his broken toe also now! With no game till Monday he'll be fine

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Jimenez is available for Wolves tomorrow after Mexico withdrew their complaint.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

5 day ban scrapped, players all cleared to play!

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

So we didn't need this thread after all. :lol:

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

and it's pulled me back from the brink of a last minute WC!

Only one player (Raphina) but makes me feel better about my team :shock:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Gambit wrote: 10 Sep 2021, 23:31 5 day ban scrapped, players all cleared to play!
Really?

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

100% agree with Ruth's summary. Premier league clubs are using the excuse of the pandemic to achieve their aims of not releasing players for international games.

The pandemic situation was much worse this spring/summer. Forgive me if I'm mistaken but I don't remember a single club withdrawing from the champions league or a single nation withdrawing from the Euros.

The hypocrisy from these clubs is laughable.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

CptPugwash wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 00:00 100% agree with Ruth's summary. Premier league clubs are using the excuse of the pandemic to achieve their aims of not releasing players for international games.

The pandemic situation was much worse this spring/summer. Forgive me if I'm mistaken but I don't remember a single club withdrawing from the champions league or a single nation withdrawing from the Euros.

No. You are mistaken but not in the way you present. Last year exemptions were in place so that the players didn’t have to quarantine on their return. That agreement coming to an end is what has brought this issue to a head.

Separately clubs might be looking after their own interests but that doesn’t make it hypocritical

SG_8
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 3 Top 10k finishes

Post by SG_8 »

CptPugwash wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 00:00 100% agree with Ruth's summary. Premier league clubs are using the excuse of the pandemic to achieve their aims of not releasing players for international games.

A 10 day quarantine for the players after coming back from duty would result in a severe negative impact for the clubs. That's 10 days in the hotel room with no training, and they'll be nowhere near the level that they need to be once the period is over.

It's perfectly understandable that the clubs don't want to release the players this year, because the exemptions that were in place last year are not given this year.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

The interesting thing is what the quid pro quo was for Brazil and the others to drop their complaints. I'm guessing that assurances were given by the clubs that they will make their players available next time (which is only just over 3 weeks away). So we could have all this to go through again unless the UK Govt. re-categorises some red list countries or agrees to reinstate exemptions. :o

dellboy30
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO TFFE league champ

Post by dellboy30 »

Isn't it all except the Argies? I thought they were stuck in quarantine in Croatia

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

dellboy30 wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 07:37 Isn't it all except the Argies? I thought they were stuck in quarantine in Croatia
And Davinson Sanchez.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

SG_8 wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 05:19

A 10 day quarantine for the players after coming back from duty would result in a severe negative impact for the clubs. That's 10 days in the hotel room with no training, and they'll be nowhere near the level that they need to be once the period is over.

It's perfectly understandable that the clubs don't want to release the players this year, because the exemptions that were in place last year are not given this year.
There is no need to be stuck in a hotel room if they can find a country that allows people in from S America and which isn't red list for UK. Take an 11 day break there and train every day.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Re: GW4/8 Absentees

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Thomas Tuchel wrote:"Thiago Silva will go and play for Brazil and then he will come back on the match day versus Brentford. This is the life of international breaks in 2021. Like it or not, what can I do? He's our player and he arrives on the match day back from a country where he then needs to do quarantine. Is this a good solution for us as a club? No, but we cannot hold him back. It's impossible. If they call him, he needs to go, otherwise he gets suspended by FIFA. So there is no choice. You simply have to live with it."
Thats from 3rd October and makes the situation pretty plain. Brazil, Argentina and Colombia play on Thursday 14th (GW8 is 16th-18th) so the chances of their players being available for GW8 are slim. The Everton & Spurs players might have slightly better a chance as their teams play on Sunday 17th and Jimenez is a similar case for Wolves as Mexico's last game is the 13th before their fixture on the 16th.

This can involve Allison, Ederson, Thiago Silva, Emerson Royal, Fred, Fabinho, Raphinha, Jesus, Cavani, Martinez, Romero, Lo Celso, Dav. Sanchez, Mina & Jimenez but I make no claim of this being an exhaustive (or accurate) list.
Last edited by Ruth_NZ on 04 Oct 2021, 12:44, edited 1 time in total.

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Ben Dinnery has put up this video which seems to be of relevance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heoSKNeU9Ho

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Wolves: Raúl Jiménez will join up with Mexico for their World Cup qualifiers and return in time for our next @premierleague game.

I wouldn’t have brought him in otherwise. :wink:

Spreadsheet
FISOhead
FS Record: SDT Mini League Maestro - 5 wins and 3 Runners Up in 9 years. Never made it on the biggest stage though. I'm the DT David Bentley.

Only one FPL campaign (18/19) under my belt. Nothing spectacular.

Post by Spreadsheet »

No direct quote from LUFC, but:

“Leeds United expect Raphinha to feature against Southampton on Saturday October 16…”

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... sh-3406425

Kris_fiso
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Kris_fiso »

When is Trent coming back

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Kris_fiso wrote: 05 Oct 2021, 23:43 When is Trent coming back
After international break

EDIT: Our friendship never coming back from this though

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

^ Did Stevie just out himself as ‘EDIT’?
My second piece of evidence is that Stevie called for blah to be banned…and he was.

Hmm 🤔 Ladies and gentlemen, I have found our mole

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 06 Oct 2021, 00:13 ^ Did Stevie just out himself as ‘EDIT’?
My second piece of evidence is that Stevie called for blah to be banned…and he was.

Hahaha, Stevie couldn't hack his way out of a paper bag, let alone a website! :lol: :lol:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

TheRumourMill wrote: 06 Oct 2021, 00:34 Hahaha, Stevie couldn't hack his way out of a paper bag, let alone a website! :lol: :lol:
Hack a website? He can barely log into his own account, never mind somebody else's. :lol:

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

😂😂😂

I did it like that, to see what response I’d get and good to see that SP fell for it haha

Knew the usual gang not be tricked 😂

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

TheRumourMill wrote: 06 Oct 2021, 00:34
Smurphy's Paw wrote: 06 Oct 2021, 00:13 ^ Did Stevie just out himself as ‘EDIT’?

Hahaha, Stevie couldn't hack his way out of a paper bag, let alone a website! :lol: :lol:
Hurtful but true 😂

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I want to be a Mod - invisibly editing posts 🤣🤣🤣🤣

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

I guess we can probably add Bissouma to the GW8 absentee list

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”