To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW4 FPL Wild Card

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Re: GW4 FPL Wild Card

Post by Oxford NZ »

International break tinkering WC draft
0.4 itb prices shown are my selling price atm

4.5 4.0
TAA 7.5, Dias 6.0, Shaw 5.5, Pinnock 4.5, Livramento 4.0

Fernandez 12.0, Son 10.1, Torres 7.0, Harrison 5.9, Bisouma 4.5

Lukaku 11.5, Antonio 7.7, Dennis 5.1

Dias or Cancello is the usual lotto pick. Hoping to put in a Chelsea defender but we will see if Chilwell makes it back into the line up
Fernandez will stay ( injury permitting) for Newcastle and then gone.
Hoping for some double price rises, especially from Lukaku who is just sitting there as a cash cow. Could switch easily before the deadline.
As drafts go I am not too unhappy with this lot as I would be playing like a dead team for awhile.
Wish list is all the usual suspects , CR7, Salah, KDB, DCL, Chelsea defender.
No Kane atm as I think he is a bit over priced but that could change. With Salah, I have seen in the past how the no Mo strategies have gone, so hoping he drops 0.1 soon and he will be affordable again.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

ONZ it's my thoughts that Pinnock is a waste of .5 :( can you find two playing 4.0 ?) mind you, I am always making the wrong benching choices so I am avoiding that this season (in saying that, Bisouma has already trolled me from the bench)
Not sure about Shaw either? Coufal for 5.0 is good value for a set and forget D3?
You need Mo for that mid premium spot?
Torres scares me as do the rest of the rotation blue army? and he's really not that good?
You need enough money in F1 to HOHO Ronaldo?

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

GW5 seems a much better time to WC imo.

1. A lot of the unknown around CR7 and Man United will be cleared up.
2. We'll know what actions, if any, FIFA intend to take against the Premier League clubs that refused to release players for the WC qualifiers.
3. Leeds' fixtures will be excellent after the Liverpool game.
4. Wolves' game against Watford can be used to see if they're worth investing in or not.
5. Arsenal's game against Norwich can be used to see if they're worth investing in or not.
6. If Duffy keeps his place after the break then him, Livramento and Williams all rotating as a 3rd defender could free up enough funds for CR7, Lukaku and Salah.
7. GW5 is a good time to sell Son (if you have him) if you want a team of the 3 premiums mentioned above.

goooner
Red & Blue Braces

Post by goooner »

Resonare wrote: 30 Aug 2021, 13:41 GW5 seems a much better time to WC imo.

1. A lot of the unknown around CR7 and Man United will be cleared up.
2. We'll know what actions, if any, FIFA intend to take against the Premier League clubs that refused to release players for the WC qualifiers.
3. Leeds' fixtures will be excellent after the Liverpool game.
4. Wolves' game against Watford can be used to see if they're worth investing in or not.
5. Arsenal's game against Norwich can be used to see if they're worth investing in or not.
6. If Duffy keeps his place after the break then him, Livramento and Williams all rotating as a 3rd defender could free up enough funds for CR7, Lukaku and Salah.
7. GW5 is a good time to sell Son (if you have him) if you want a team of the 3 premiums mentioned above.
Good points!
Regarding Ronaldo hes price also Will be locked so he wont raise in price before GW 4 anyway.
And theres a possibility that he Will start on the bench (for example another big signing, Messi, starter at bench his first game for PSG).

Home, against Newcastle i Expect Ronaldo start at bench so he can walk in at Ole Trafford with all the fans goes Crazy. Thats probably the plan.

5. White is now 4,4 and could be an excellent choice. Remeber that Arsenal played with Kolasinac, Holding and Chambers at the back 😁😁 just look at it?? Against City???
They missing White, Gabriel at center defence and Partey as a defensive midfielder. Both back in a few GW’s. White probably next GW.
Will be another defence that will rack up CS. Cant se another 4-4,5 defender with better CS potential then Ben White

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

I am thinking

WC4

Raya, Bergovic

Dias, Tierney, Coady, Marcel, Duffy

Salah, Mane, James, Allan, Bussouma

Ronaldo, Antonio, Bamford

Mane -> KDB in due course.

Can then set and forget the big assets and tinker with the back for fixtures.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I'm not planning to wildcard, but for fun I thought I'd see what I could put together:

Pickford
TAA, Rudiger, Semedo
Salah, Raphina, Torres, Gray
Ronaldo, DCL, Antonio

Gunn, Sissoko, Dier, Livramento

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

eastcentral1 wrote: 31 Aug 2021, 22:09 I'm not planning to wildcard, but for fun I thought I'd see what I could put together:

Pickford
TAA, Rudiger, Semedo
Salah, Raphina, Torres, Gray
Ronaldo, DCL, Antonio

Gunn, Sissoko, Dier, Livramento
I like this a lot, but for the moment Jota looks good? Sissoko to Jota for a 5 man midfield. DCL down to Henry as a last resort forward.

Likewise not going to do it, just playing around.

Just playing.

Around.

Charade
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Charade »

Pulled the trigger, and will probably spend the next two weeks tinkering (admit it, this is the best part of the game!)

Sanchez
TAA Tanganga Christensen
Salah Torres Odegaard Gray
Armstrong Ronaldo Lukaku

Bachmann Ayling Sissoko Livramento.

Thoughts? I might do Christensen to White to free up some cash. Arsenal are hopeless at the moment but they'll revert to the mean eventually and Odegaard and White will both be good value. I'm a little uncertain on Armstrong at the moment but I like his game and think he'll end up with a reasonable 10-12 haul over the season.

goooner
Red & Blue Braces

Post by goooner »

Heres a Iong text that maybe can give some WC inspiration aswell :)
I will WC in GW 5 when thing settles. And then I need to have the fixture swing in GW 7 in mind.

Lloris
TAA, Dias, James, Saiss, Williams

Lloris = imo he proven the first 3 GW's to be a bonus magnet, and also do alot of saves. He will rack up save vs the better teams, and a high cs chance vs the others. I got in him before price raise yesterday as my ft.
TAA = think he will continue score high and with people going for 3 premiums in midfield/attack, he could be a differential.
Dias = need the safest city defender I can get, signed new long term contract and will continue to play regular with that odd goal on corners added.
James = small rotation risk, but hes also proven the first 3 GW's that he can play against the best (Liverpool) and a real attacking threat. Imo worth rotation for 5,6. (I had cancelo last year for 5,5 so Im used to it, I think james will get less rotated than Cancelo did).

Those above are my "set and forgets" come GW 14/15 James probably will be Shaw again :).

Saiss = really good fixture run in the short term. Always very dangerous on corners. Should had atleast one goal so far but a monster save from Lloris denied that.
Possible to downgrade to a 4,5-4,5 (White because of good fixture run and that Gabriel, Partey will be back + new signing on RB) if I need extra cash.
Williams = 4,0 starting bench player

Salah, Jota, Raphinia, Benrahma, Gilmour
Salah = lookin sharp
Jota = If Firmino out a couple of games with hamstring. Jota gets this tasty fixtures vs Palace and Brentford. I personaly think Firmino will be out 4 weeks (whole september month with a grade 1 hamstring but for sue will know before GW5 how long it is).
Raphinia = In his new NO 10 role we will se him start scoring and make assists. Good fixtures upcoming and at a good pricepoint (still 6,5). For this I prefer him over Bamford.
Benrahma = Will continue for now, hes at a good price but heres also alot of options (and will arise a good of new options).
I also have him as a possible transfer out in GW 8 vs a city midfield
Gilmour = I will need to have a 4,5 mid and Gilmour are on corners for a Norwich side, that have a good run up tp GW 14. I prefer set piece takers when possible (even if Allan probably is a better football player). Benched.

Ronaldo, Antonio, Dennis
Ronaldo = from GW 5 and could also benefit from some prise raises. "You dont want to miss out". Maybe would like him already from GW 4 but cant find a way to get him in without WC.
On the other hand, I could be the one that "misses out" on Ronaldo and instead go for Lukaku. Thats because I want Lukaku from GW 7 and beyond when United fixtures turn.
So should I bank a transfer for Lukaku in GW 7, or just do it now on WC and missout on Ronaldos potential for GW 5 and 6?

Antonio = looking sharp
Dennis = mostly because of price, but idea is to rotate Dennis with my D4 (Saiss or White) and M4 (Benrahma pricepoint). Need to play 2 and later upgrade to Pukki. I think that could work out pretty well.
Prefer Pukki for fixture run long term and that hes a penalty taker (If i go for Ronaldo, its no possibilty to upgrade to Pukki before I'll get lukaku in my team because of no cash)

So what would I like past GW 7?
First of all I would like a triple up in Chealsea, atleast 2 Pool players and atleast 2 city players - I think thats what most people going to get either way - when WC'ing in GW 7 and taking into account Untieds fixture swing One I would want from GW 8 is Ferran Torres. City didnt sign any new CF so he will play there at most times (especially when we saw Gabriel Jesus thrive on right flank).
He will probably be around 7,4 when we reches GW 8 (Then ofc. KDB will come back so its a possiblity he will play there aswell, but cant afford them all thats why I need my D4 and F3 for rotation).
(Other option is Grealish)

My intial plan were that If i go for Ronaldo in GW 5, I could save my FT 6 and do Ronaldo -> Lukaku and Jota -> Mount in GW 7.
And then a GW 8 transfer with Benrahma -> Torres (yes will have money in bank because of the lukaku transfer)
Now when Chelsea signed Saul, I maybe will skip the Mount transfer (because of rotation) and instead just do Ronaldo -> Lukaku in GW 7. It could be to much for me to have Mount AND Torres as both are risk for rotation and then I choose Torres.
So for Benrahma I will need to find another soluton but im pretty sure that wil come good options in the 6-7,5 bracket.

So a GW 8 team would look something like

Lloris
TAA, Dias, James, Saiss, (Williams)
Salah, Torres, Raphinia, Benrahma, (Gilmour)
Antonio, Lukaku (Dennis)
Last edited by goooner on 01 Sep 2021, 08:52, edited 6 times in total.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Tldr?

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

I have also hit WC4.

Current on

Lloris
TAA, Dias, Tierney, Wan-Bissaka
Salah(VC), Torres, Sarr
Ronaldo(C), Bamford, Antonio

Begovic, Duffy, Skipp, Allan

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

blahblah wrote:Tldr?
Summary: Dennis (c)

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

goooner wrote: 01 Sep 2021, 07:52
Saiss = really good fixture run in the short term. Always very dangerous on corners. Should had atleast one goal so far but a monster save from Lloris denied that.
I've also looked at Saïss but I can see Lage line up with four at the back which would leave no room for the Moroccan, and Coady: Semedo, Boly, Kilman/Mosquera, Marcal.

goooner
Red & Blue Braces

Post by goooner »

From4corners wrote: 03 Sep 2021, 16:47
I've also looked at Saïss but I can see Lage line up with four at the back which would leave no room for the Moroccan, and Coady: Semedo, Boly, Kilman/Mosquera, Marcal.
Good point, both Semedo and Tierney could be better picks. And both Are 0,1 cheaper 😁

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Is this right? I'm keen on a Wolves defender but not sure who is most certain of place and equally who is most likely to contribute attacking points.

Have to say I've never been convinced on Coady in a back 4 but can't recall where I have got that opinion from - has he ever played in a back 4 (maybe for England?).

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I would avoid a Wolf defender as the new manager has them playing further forward and high pressing, unlike Nuno.

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

blahblah wrote: 03 Sep 2021, 18:30 I would avoid a Wolf defender as the new manager has them playing further forward and high pressing, unlike Nuno.
A high press can be very effective for defence. They’ve played Leicester, Spurs and Man U and conceded only 3 goals. There’s an element of gamble but with their run of fixtures it seems to be one that could pay off?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

hancockjr wrote: 03 Sep 2021, 18:46
blahblah wrote: 03 Sep 2021, 18:30 I would avoid a Wolf defender as the new manager has them playing further forward and high pressing, unlike Nuno.
A high press can be very effective for defence. They’ve played Leicester, Spurs and Man U and conceded only 3 goals. There’s an element of gamble but with their run of fixtures it seems to be one that could pay off?
It could, just as I could win the £20m jackpot on Saturday 😊

From what I've watched I don't rate Spurs or Leicester, nor Wolves until new bod's front foot game settles. If you want a defender, you maybe better considering the GK?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

hancockjr wrote: 03 Sep 2021, 17:49
Is this right? I'm keen on a Wolves defender but not sure who is most certain of place and equally who is most likely to contribute attacking points.

Have to say I've never been convinced on Coady in a back 4 but can't recall where I have got that opinion from - has he ever played in a back 4 (maybe for England?).
I hope sstaffsw can provide some input here.

As for attacking players, Wolves have been impressive xG wise but while tempted by a Jiménez (if he is eligible to play) for Wolves' nice looking run upcoming I can actually see Wolves becoming less appealing as they will be playing against teams that will/could sit back more than their previous opponents which could therefore result in less space to exploit for someone like Traoré.

Laudrup86
Kevin and Perry

Post by Laudrup86 »

Im really interseted in Wolves with the fixtures but just a thought re Wolves/Traore and teams sitting back against them, seen this mentioned a bit and wondered are we overthinking? Next game is wat and yeah they're quite defensively minded, but then BRE (a fairly front-foot team?), sou,NEW,avl (none hugely trustworthy defensively), lee (who wanna outscore you rather than defend against you..)and on..
Also looking at Traore last year based on crosses alone he put in 128 in 27 starts (4.74pg) his most productive games were against LIV h&a (10) but his worst were also away at City,United and Chelsea (0). He did however create more cross-wise when home than away, (home 68 in 12 @5.67pg, away 60 in 15 @4pg). I know its not the "be-all" metric but he is a winger. If teams came to Molineaux to shut him down, it didnt play out that way on paper.
However I've got Raphina at that similar price point who has good fixtures too - its a real "fixtures over form" one isnt it.. confused!

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Laudrup86 wrote: 03 Sep 2021, 21:20 Im really interseted in Wolves with the fixtures but just a thought re Wolves/Traore and teams sitting back against them, seen this mentioned a bit and wondered are we overthinking? Next game is wat and yeah they're quite defensively minded, but then BRE (a fairly front-foot team?), sou,NEW,avl (none hugely trustworthy defensively), lee (who wanna outscore you rather than defend against you..)and on..
Yeah this one is definitely overthinking. Traore as decent option as any at around that price. Sarr also decent, as is Harrison.

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

On Wolves, I wouldn't be going anywhere near Jimenez right now because he looks a pale shadow of his former self unfortunately. We look a good side but we are having problems converting chances into goals and we are not making the opposition keepers work anywhere near hard enough.

Traore is an exciting player as we all know but the end product just isn't there. Good for assists as long as we score, but we're not doing that. Hopefully things will change now the fixtures have turned.

If I were to invest in a Wolves player for FPL I would go for defender Max Kilman (4.5) who has been a revelation under Bruno Lage. Looks very solid, gets up the pitch and could maybe chip in with a goal or two. Next best for me would be Saiss (5.0).

senorjoeyo
Red & Blue Braces

Post by senorjoeyo »

sstaffsw wrote: 04 Sep 2021, 21:11 On Wolves, I wouldn't be going anywhere near Jimenez right now because he looks a pale shadow of his former self unfortunately. We look a good side but we are having problems converting chances into goals and we are not making the opposition keepers work anywhere near hard enough.

Traore is an exciting player as we all know but the end product just isn't there. Good for assists as long as we score, but we're not doing that. Hopefully things will change now the fixtures have turned.

If I were to invest in a Wolves player for FPL I would go for defender Max Kilman (4.5) who has been a revelation under Bruno Lage. Looks very solid, gets up the pitch and could maybe chip in with a goal or two. Next best for me would be Saiss (5.0).
Interesting that your defensive picks would be Saiss and Kilman. Why wouldn't you go for Semedo (4.9)? He seemed to be getting quite advanced in the match against Man U.

My understanding was that Saiss would be a bit of a rotation risk once Boly got back in the side or is that not the case?

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

senorjoeyo wrote: 04 Sep 2021, 23:02
Interesting that your defensive picks would be Saiss and Kilman. Why wouldn't you go for Semedo (4.9)? He seemed to be getting quite advanced in the match against Man U.

My understanding was that Saiss would be a bit of a rotation risk once Boly got back in the side or is that not the case?
Yes Semedo could be a good pick but I wouldn't expect the same FPL returns as Doherty who played a similar role.

You're right about Saiss being under threat from Boly but we have looked quite solid at the back this season. Boly was an unused sub last week and Saiss played the full ninety minutes. It will be interesting to see how it pans out in the coming weeks.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Cheers, very helpful! Makes me look at Pukki more and more if I were to replace Daka in my team with my FTs (also giving me more money in the bank).

Laudrup86, thanks for that good post as well. I hadn't seen my thought anywhere else but yes you are probably right that I am overthinking it.

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

sstaffsw wrote: 05 Sep 2021, 06:23
senorjoeyo wrote: 04 Sep 2021, 23:02

Yes Semedo could be a good pick but I wouldn't expect the same FPL returns as Doherty who played a similar role.

You're right about Saiss being under threat from Boly but we have looked quite solid at the back this season. Boly was an unused sub last week and Saiss played the full ninety minutes. It will be interesting to see how it pans out in the coming weeks.
Thanks sstaffsw, very useful insight as always.

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Might be worth keeping a watching brief on Trincao, when he has adjusted to the PL he could be one to go for. The player Wolves are really missing is Pedro Neto who is unlikely to be back before Christmas.

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

sstaffsw wrote: 05 Sep 2021, 12:51 Might be worth keeping a watching brief on Trincao, when he has adjusted to the PL he could be one to go for. The player Wolves are really missing is Pedro Neto who is unlikely to be back before Christmas.
Do you think he will keep out Podence, who per my limited knowledge has been injured so far (please correct me if wrong)?

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Laudrup86 wrote: 03 Sep 2021, 21:20 ...
Off-topic, but do you happen to be a fellow Dane? :)

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

FranckKessie wrote: 05 Sep 2021, 15:37 Do you think he will keep out Podence, who per my limited knowledge has been injured so far (please correct me if wrong)?
Podence has now recovered from having surgery on a groin problem but right now I don't see him replacing Trincao who is improving with every game. Although he still needs to settle in, Trincao seems unfazed by the pace and physical nature of the PL and he should have got on the scoresheet at least twice so far.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”