To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Playing / starting 4mil defender

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
ArmChairPundit
Red & Blue Braces

Playing / starting 4mil defender

Post by ArmChairPundit »

Any 4 mil starters out there this year please
I need to shoehorn and defender in?

Ernie1982
Treebeard

Re: Playing / starting 4mil defender

Post by Ernie1982 »

Tsimikas should start for Liverpool whilst Robertson is injured. Amartey has been starting in friendlies for Leicester due to injuries.

The Royal BlueNose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average at best!

Post by The Royal BlueNose »

There's talk of Hoever for Wolves getting some game time as he's played in pre-season.

I mean this happens most pre-seasons and guarantees nothing. Tho when you compare that to other 4m options - I don't think there's much else going on. If it's for a third place on the bench anyway, then I suppose there's no harm risking it for GW1.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

What about Livramento?

MiNiMaL_FuSS
Treebeard

Post by MiNiMaL_FuSS »

Tsimikas - will start the first two/three (Robertson will replace)
Omobamidele - will start the first two (Hanley will replace).
Amartey - looks likely to start the first few (pending transfers).
Hoever - looks likely to start the first two (pending transfers and sticking with a back 3).
Johson - will make some appearances further up the field at RW/LW and has had an excellent pre-season (expect to be used a sub rather than a starter).
Livramento - heard good things, but looks less likely, expect some minutes and rotation at RB.

germainelefoe
Red & Blue Braces

Post by germainelefoe »

MiNiMaL_FuSS wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 11:03 Tsimikas - will start the first two/three (Robertson will replace)
Hoever - looks likely to start the first two (pending transfers and sticking with a back 3).
Johson - will make some appearances further up the field at RW/LW and has had an excellent pre-season (expect to be used a sub rather than a starter).
Livramento - heard good things, but looks less likely, expect some minutes and rotation at RB.
Nice summary ty

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

Tsimikas and Amartey will most likely get you most points in first three weeks and price rises

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Vestergaard is close to joining Leicester. Will remove Amartey as an option

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Blue Fire wrote:Vestergaard is close to joining Leicester. Will remove Amartey as an option
Yep, and it looks like they are pretty keen to get a new CB no matter what. With Tsimikas in my team, Amartey will have to go.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Who people swapping Amartey with then ?

I have no room for Tsimikas, so interested in who others go for now

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

MiNiMaL_FuSS wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 11:03 Tsimikas - will start the first two/three (Robertson will replace)
8-)

Charade
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Charade »

Great summary, thanks.
Johnson is worth the gamble, he'll get minutes this season.

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

Hmm, so Amartey at almost 12% ownership, as of now.

Even if they sign JV tomorrow, you have to think Amartey starts at least once. So - crystal balls at the ready - how long before Amartey drops that annoying 0.1 in value?

I am half inclined to hang onto him.

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

Fuzzy wrote:Hmm, so Amartey at almost 12% ownership, as of now.

Even if they sign JV tomorrow, you have to think Amartey starts at least once. So - crystal balls at the ready - how long before Amartey drops that annoying 0.1 in value?

I am half inclined to hang onto him.
I’d keep tabs on the situation. Other factors to consider with Amartey are;

1) Contract is up next summer.
2) Will Leicester play 4 or 5 at the back?
3) Evans’ fitness as he’s into the autumn of his career.
4) Europa League.

Also, there’s the prospect he could play OOP in midfield on occasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Will Vestergaard start GW1 tho...if not and LEI get a CS, then Amartey could go up 0.2m over the week giving a bit of profit if then transferred out, or a cushion against drops.

I'm dilemma'd !

danzku
Treebeard
FS Record: FISO Forum League Cup 2016 Champion
Landlord of The Rounded Keeper 2021/22

Post by danzku »

jacksosi wrote: 12 Aug 2021, 08:59 Will Vestergaard start GW1 tho...if not and LEI get a CS, then Amartey could go up 0.2m over the week giving a bit of profit if then transferred out, or a cushion against drops.

I'm dilemma'd !
Can't see him rise 0.2 unless he scores a brace.
Now that Vestergaard has signed I think Amartey will get max 1 start. Not an option for me.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I've squeezed as much money as I can elsewhere, so my current and most likely final draft has both Tsimikas and Amartey. I tend to wildcard fairly early once things have settled and if not have plenty of spots where I could maybe free up a bit of cash if players aren't turning out as planned, so I'm not too worried really. Tsimikas should be good for a few weeks and has decent points potential, and even if Amartey only gets the first game its not the end of the world. Will just need to close eye on his price, as it could drop fairly quickly.

(I should add that in an ideal world I'd have the extra 0.5 for Ayling or someone instead of Amartey, mind..)

MiNiMaL_FuSS
Treebeard

Post by MiNiMaL_FuSS »

Charade wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 22:27
Great summary, thanks.
Johnson is worth the gamble, he'll get minutes this season.
I'm going to have Johnson as my 5th defender (playing 3/4/3), he'll get some points, but it'll only be as a sub and it'll be bloody hard to predict. My approach may be to throw him on when my 3rd choice defender has a tough fixture and hope that Johnson grabs an attacking return as a sub. Shrug, who knows. My 5th spot doesn't really matter.

MiNiMaL_FuSS
Treebeard

Post by MiNiMaL_FuSS »

Biddles32 wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 17:19 Tsimikas and Amartey will most likely get you most points in first three weeks and price rises
Tsimikas is a toughy.

I have Trent and Salah like most people, but I really like Jota and fancy him to Haul in one of those early fixtures.

Turning down what will almost certianly be a double raise on Tsimikas is tough, but I want Jota and I don't want to be pre-booking a transfer to replace Tsimikas in 3 games, particularly when the Robertson news seems to be he'll be back sooner than thought.

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

MiNiMaL_FuSS wrote: 13 Aug 2021, 11:35 I don't want to be pre-booking a transfer to replace Tsimikas in 3 games, particularly when the Robertson news seems to be he'll be back sooner than thought.
This. Shipped him out today and went back to my trio of rotating BRI/BUR/ARS 4.5m defenders to start the season.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Gone with Hoever to free up a Liverpool spot. Also for the puns and he feels like he could have a good season.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Need to downgrade white to 1 of these to do Mahrez > Benrhama & Tsimikas > Robbo. Dunk or Hoever imo

acruxen
Treebeard
FS Record: FPL 14/15: 1078

Post by acruxen »

Does anyone know what the deal is with Duffy of BHA? Is he nailed after his loan spell?

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

acruxen wrote: 22 Aug 2021, 11:13 Does anyone know what the deal is with Duffy of BHA? Is he nailed after his loan spell?
Veltman self isolating so a risk once he returns.

acruxen
Treebeard
FS Record: FPL 14/15: 1078

Post by acruxen »

thebillfella wrote: 22 Aug 2021, 11:47
acruxen wrote: 22 Aug 2021, 11:13 Does anyone know what the deal is with Duffy of BHA? Is he nailed after his loan spell?
Veltman self isolating so a risk once he returns.
Ah thanks, failed to make that connection myself!

SamuearlJ
Wideboy

Post by SamuearlJ »

Livramento is definitely worthy of some attention now after starting two games in a row and having a very attacking role down the Southampton right. He is on my radar.

Kevlar
Wideboy

Post by Kevlar »

SamuearlJ wrote: 22 Aug 2021, 20:01 Livramento is definitely worthy of some attention now after starting two games in a row and having a very attacking role down the Southampton right. He is on my radar.
Coming here to say he was given MOTM today. When Saints made their defensive change at halftime Livramento took Walcotts place on the wing, so potentially OOP too. When KWP came on it was for Perraud.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

I also read on the Saints forum the thinking he could be deployed in front of KWP.

germainelefoe
Red & Blue Braces

Post by germainelefoe »

Livramento is justifiably going to be in a lot of teams soon. The other one to keep an eye on is Brandon Williams potentially going on loan to Norwich.

germainelefoe
Red & Blue Braces

Post by germainelefoe »

germainelefoe wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 05:11 The other one to keep an eye on is Brandon Williams potentially going on loan to Norwich.
Done deal, officially announced on Norwich's twitter page.

https://twitter.com/NorwichCityFC/statu ... 7698337795

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”