To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Tactics without Bruno Fernandes (idea)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Tactics without Bruno Fernandes (idea)

Post by blahblah »

Mav3rick wrote: 22 Aug 2021, 21:44 Anyone now thinking about the loss of one of the super premium mids for Lukaku?

A 7.0 mid plus Lukaku feels a lot better to me in terms of options than your second choice of Bruno/Salah and a 6.0 or 6.5 striker.

Question is what's Lukaku's realistic points scoring level in that Chelsea team? Is he gonna have pens or will they stay with Jorginho?
Lulu is my secret weapon in going TAA, VvD, Robbo, Bruno and Lulu. I haven't tried it out yet, but I think I can pad it out with Greenwood, Soucek etc

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Mav3rick wrote:Anyone now thinking about the loss of one of the super premium mids for Lukaku?

A 7.0 mid plus Lukaku feels a lot better to me in terms of options than your second choice of Bruno/Salah and a 6.0 or 6.5 striker.

Question is what's Lukaku's realistic points scoring level in that Chelsea team? Is he gonna have pens or will they stay with Jorginho?
GW7 still looks to be the ideal switcheroo time for Fernandes out and Lukaku in. Lukaku looks the real deal, but with Liverpool, Spurs and City all in their next four, I need more to be swayed.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

blahblah wrote: 22 Aug 2021, 22:00
Mav3rick wrote: 22 Aug 2021, 21:44 Anyone now thinking about the loss of one of the super premium mids for Lukaku?

Lulu is my secret weapon in going TAA, VvD, Robbo, Bruno and Lulu. I haven't tried it out yet, but I think I can pad it out with Greenwood, Soucek etc
The only restrictive bit is keeping Ings and Antonio in going 523. If one or both of them were injured/dead etc it is quite easy.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

The stats say 541.

Lukaku with a cheap F2 just in case (Dennis?).

Bruno and KdB, if 3atb Liverpool?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

raoul wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 01:32 The stats say 541.

Bruno and KdB, if 3atb Liverpool?
That was last year's plan before VvD broke, but I'm not so sure this season, as Lukaku was impressive in the first half and Chelsea seemed set up to play through him...

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

That's the problem with 451 though isn't it, wasted cash on the bench or you're down to 10 if Lukaku is rested.

442 fits well though and surely there will be one striker other than Lukaku worth having.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Mav3rick wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 07:38

That's the problem with 451 though isn't it, wasted cash on the bench or you're down to 10 if Lukaku is rested.

442 fits well though and surely there will be one striker other than Lukaku worth having.
Shirley has COVID 😒😒😒

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Greenwood's rise hasn't helped, unless Antonio rises again and then breaks.....

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

There are problems with going without many players this season and Kane is potentially another one to add. Cliché but can't have 'em all and it will be frustrating when the ones you don't have score 50 points in 4 weeks but that's the way it is for everyone. You'll get that shiny new toy in and your ex-premiums will proceed to score 50 points in 4 weeks.

No one is fixture proof therefore fixture swings will probably force me to HOHO players like Bruno throughout the season. Sometimes it will backfire - I predict we're going to see some massive points totals at the end of this season. Those few managers who HOHO successfully and captain.

I think the question is, 2 premiums or 3 and I guess this will definitely be 3 at some stage - with more budget. But there are teams we can make, with 3 premiums and the 'weakest' one is quite a cash cow, thus promoting some kind of flexibility.

germainelefoe
Red & Blue Braces

Post by germainelefoe »

3 premiums is definitely doable with careful planning or a wildcard but it's impossible to do more. If Kane joins City or stays at Spurs and gives 100% then with him and Lukaku both in the mix for a spot it's going to be problem. I hope this happens as FPL is more fun when it's not an easy template.

dellboy30
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO TFFE league champ

Post by dellboy30 »

Weighing up Bruno/richarlison > Pogba/Lukaku

johnF
Grumpy Old Man

Post by johnF »

germainelefoe wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 10:04 3 premiums is definitely doable with careful planning or a wildcard but it's impossible to do more. If Kane joins City or stays at Spurs and gives 100% then with him and Lukaku both in the mix for a spot it's going to be problem. I hope this happens as FPL is more fun when it's not an easy template.
Does that include Trent as well as the 3 premiums?

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

johnF wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 16:30
germainelefoe wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 10:04 3 premiums is definitely doable with careful planning or a wildcard but it's impossible to do more. If Kane joins City or stays at Spurs and gives 100% then with him and Lukaku both in the mix for a spot it's going to be problem. I hope this happens as FPL is more fun when it's not an easy template.
Does that include Trent as well as the 3 premiums?
Easily at the moment, with shed loads of playing 4m defenders, 4.5M midfielders & 6M strikers clocking points.

SamuearlJ
Wideboy

Post by SamuearlJ »

Trent + 3 premiums can work. An example structure is:
GK 4.5 4.0
DEF TAA 5.5 4.5 4.0 4.0
MID Salah Bruno 6.0 5.5 4.5
ATT Lukaku 7.5 6.5

The playing 4.0 defenders and decent low budget midfield options make it possible (e.g. Sarr/Benrahma and Mbeumo as M3 and M4). For most players on the template then this is 3 or 4 transfers away.

dellboy30
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO TFFE league champ

Post by dellboy30 »

SamuearlJ wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 16:42 Trent + 3 premiums can work. An example structure is:
GK 4.5 4.0
DEF TAA 5.5 4.5 4.0 4.0
MID Salah Bruno 6.0 5.5 4.5
ATT Lukaku 7.5 6.5

The playing 4.0 defenders and decent low budget midfield options make it possible (e.g. Sarr/Benrahma and Mbeumo as M3 and M4). For most players on the template then this is 3 or 4 transfers away.
Can also work with Greenwood as 7.5 mid and a 6.0 str

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Not a bad fund distribution that, could probably base a set and forget side around that, maybe it would take some transfers managing the cheap defenders, especially as I'd worry about the longevity of 2x4.0 defs so you'd probably be looking to switch that 4.5 guy regularly.

I'd probably be tempted by replacing the third striker with another premium defender though.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Mav3rick wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 20:06 I'd probably be tempted by replacing the third striker with another premium defender though.
And if Kane moves, do we prefer him over Lukaku (GW7-11 is a problem)? If so, I definitely agree with the above (prob do anyway) - change 6.5 striker to a 5mn defender like Coufal and change Lukaku to Kane. Or have Kane instead of Bruno. (Bruno down to Harrison/Sarr and 6.5 up to Kane - might be some change to move a 4mn def to a 4.5)

I'm warming to the idea of 3 premiums as it allows maximum flexibility between positions in a 2-transfer move. However it does somewhat prohibit you from entering into the nice looking 8mn striker bracket. I echo some sentiments that 4mn defenders appear dodgy in terms of starts however.

I feel the 3 premium option at this stage of the season, where budgets are not great, is a fairly safe way of getting steady gw ranks. Super premiums are a safe place to put money, even if not providing uncaptained value.

germainelefoe
Red & Blue Braces

Post by germainelefoe »

Sutter Kane wrote: 24 Aug 2021, 08:57 I'm warming to the idea of 3 premiums as it allows maximum flexibility between positions in a 2-transfer move. However it does somewhat prohibit you from entering into the nice looking 8mn striker bracket.
If you're keeping TAA as well it also basically prohibits having a 7.5-10m 3rd midfield player, so no Pogba/Mahrez/Son/Grealish/Jota etc. I will wait till GW 7 when I will want Lukaku and make up my mind then how to get him. Will also get to see how the Kane saga ends as well.
Last edited by germainelefoe on 24 Aug 2021, 09:22, edited 1 time in total.

germainelefoe
Red & Blue Braces

Post by germainelefoe »

Duplicate post sorry

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

germainelefoe wrote: 24 Aug 2021, 09:20
Sutter Kane wrote: 24 Aug 2021, 08:57 I'm warming to the idea of 3 premiums as it allows maximum flexibility between positions in a 2-transfer move. However it does somewhat prohibit you from entering into the nice looking 8mn striker bracket.
If you're keeping TAA as well it also basically prohibits having a 7.5-10m 3rd midfield player, so no Pogba/Mahrez/Son/Grealish/Jota etc. I will wait till GW 7 when I will want Lukaku and make up my mind then how to get him. Will also get to see how the Kane saga ends as well.
Yes it does prohibit that too. That encompasses the recent debate of Bruno + Benrahma(etc) vs Son + DCL. The former is safer but probably results in slightly less points...maybe, captaincy excluded!

If Kane is at City, they face S'ton at home GW5 - He will be my captain for that week barring injury!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”