To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FPL pre-season friendlies 2021/22

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: FPL pre-season friendlies 2021/22

Post by blahblah »

Bowen isn't in the WHam squad, which may add some credence to the rather strange rumour suggesting a Liverpool bid for him?

I'm not sure why the players don't have their names on their shirts when they aren't numbered 1 to 11

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

WHam seem to be playing a 4141 with the impressive Coventry playing the Rice role of holding DM' and the 2 FB's are getting forward.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

:lol:

Great stuff. As for Brighton, it appears they also played against Reading a few days ago (and lost):
This is the Seagulls' third pre-season match ahead of the upcoming 2021/22 Premier League campaign, following a 0-0 draw against Rangers and a 2-1 defeat to Reading
https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/foot ... es-5725917

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

Thank you, PB!!!

Good job, well done, fantastic work!

bisch de Best! :wink: :wink:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

From4corners wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 16:30 As for Brighton, it appears they also played against Reading a few days ago (and lost):
This is the Seagulls' third pre-season match ahead of the upcoming 2021/22 Premier League campaign, following a 0-0 draw against Rangers and a 2-1 defeat to Reading
I can't find any mention of a 2-1 defeat to Reading on the official Brighton or Reading websites, or on Brighton's Twitter account. Brighton's Under-23s did play Reading on Friday, beating them 3-1. No one of FPL relevance was involved in that match though. Did a bit of googling as well and found no mention of a recent Brighton v Reading friendly.

Any Brighton fans on here? Was this 2-1 defeat to Reading just a figment of SussexLive's imagination or a game that actually happened? :lol:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

blahblah wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 15:10 Bowen isn't in the WHam squad, which may add some credence to the rather strange rumour suggesting a Liverpool bid for him?

I'm not sure why the players don't have their names on their shirts when they aren't numbered 1 to 11
blahblah wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 15:47 WHam seem to be playing a 4141 with the impressive Coventry playing the Rice role of holding DM' and the 2 FB's are getting forward.
Ah yes, notorious secret West Ham fan blah, following their pre-season fixtures religiously despite professing to hate them. :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

It was on before the Speedway, and I was more interested in Brentford who could get a few thumpings if they play out of the back like that in the Prem.

It was piss poor tbh, with a few of the Bees (that is Brentford?) attackers looking ok in the 2nd half and the aforementioned Coventry' who is a Irish U21, I think.

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 17:30
From4corners wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 16:30 As for Brighton, it appears they also played against Reading a few days ago (and lost):
I can't find any mention of a 2-1 defeat to Reading on the official Brighton or Reading websites, or on Brighton's Twitter account. Brighton's Under-23s did play Reading on Friday, beating them 3-1. No one of FPL relevance was involved in that match though. Did a bit of googling as well and found no mention of a recent Brighton v Reading friendly.

Any Brighton fans on here? Was this 2-1 defeat to Reading just a figment of SussexLive's imagination or a game that actually happened? :lol:
Reading beat Brighton in a behind closed doors games last Tuesday. John Swift penalty and a long range effort from Azeez. No idea on the Brighton scorer or line-ups for either team.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ReadingFC/st ... 3165865986

Reading lost to Crystal Palace today. Definitely not a full strength Palace side but they were well organised. They went down to 10 men in the first half. Scored a soft penalty, a deflected breakaway goal from a poor Reading pass and a quality free kick from a youngster on the stroke of full time. Ayew was lively, Guehi looked good, Guaita didn't have much to do bar one smart save (goal conceded was a deflected free kick).

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

morganb wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 20:04 Reading beat Brighton in a behind closed doors games last Tuesday. John Swift penalty and a long range effort from Azeez. No idea on the Brighton scorer or line-ups for either team.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ReadingFC/st ... 3165865986
Excellent spot! Although I'm still not sure it was a first team fixture for Brighton. Looking at some of the replies to that tweet, it appears the Brighton goalscorer was their U23 player Jeremy Sarmiento, and at least one Brighton fan seems to think it was their U18's who played.

morganb wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 20:04 Reading lost to Crystal Palace today. Definitely not a full strength Palace side but they were well organised. They went down to 10 men in the first half. Scored a soft penalty, a deflected breakaway goal from a poor Reading pass and a quality free kick from a youngster on the stroke of full time. Ayew was lively, Guehi looked good, Guaita didn't have much to do bar one smart save (goal conceded was a deflected free kick).
Palace have made a couple of very astute defensive signings in Andersen and Guéhi, and if they can hold onto Zaha the season might not be the absolute disaster I had initially predicted for them. It will be interesting to see what Vieira can do with them.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Of far more importance is the mighty Hoops whopping Man U and then drawing 3-3 today with a strong Leicester team.

Anyway back to FPL ... Patson Daka goal and created penalty today. Worth keeping an eye on him I reckon.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Havertz has just put Chelsea ahead against Arsenal.

If I knew he'd be nailed I'd love to pick him this year.

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

Gambit wrote: 01 Aug 2021, 15:47 Havertz has just put Chelsea ahead against Arsenal.

Havertz is nailed for me! 8-) 8-)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Malrom wrote: 01 Aug 2021, 16:57
Gambit wrote: 01 Aug 2021, 15:47 Havertz has just put Chelsea ahead against Arsenal.

To where? A tree with an apple on his head?

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

blahblah wrote: 01 Aug 2021, 17:00
Malrom wrote: 01 Aug 2021, 16:57

To where? A tree with an apple on his head?
that's about the direction! :lol: :lol:

Today is Swiss National Day and William Tell our National hero, although he wasn't really Swiss.... :lol: :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_National_Day

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Tell

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 21:02 Image

July 28th - Blackburn 1 Leeds 1
Ewood Park, Blackburn

Goals: Struijk 81

Line-up: Meslier; Shackleton, Llorente (Ayling HT), Struijk, Firpo (Dallas 61); Koch; Raphinha (Roberts 61), Klich, Rodrigo (Greenwood 61), Harrison; Costa.

July 31st - Leeds 2 Real Betis 3
Loughborough University Stadium, Loughborough

Goals: Bamford 6, Klich 57 :x

Line-up: Meslier; Ayling, Llorente (Shackleton 24), Struijk (Greenwood 88), Firpo (Klich HT); Koch; Raphinha, Dallas, Rodrigo, Harrison (Costa 66); Bamford (Roberts HT).

August 4th - Ajax v Leeds
Johan Cruyff Arena, Amsterdam

August 7th - Villarreal v Leeds
TBC
Thankyou so much PB😎 saves a LOT of googling,
I think Leeds are the most interesting as they are so popular in first draft teams based on last season's results and enticing price points, and because I am trying to avoid an early Wildcard :roll: if Leeds can hang in there through those first few game weeks with respectable points :roll: they have a nice run GW4 early in the season and could be worth starting with to avoid transfers :?: and Wildcarding :roll:
I am thinking now of starting with a 5.5 to 5.0 defence (it seems impossible to have a Liverpool triple :x and also plan for Kane if he moves).
Those, Leeds Ayling et al., are going to be popular way to raise .5 in finances. I am interested in the last two friendly reports to see if you think the attack Raphinha Harrison and Bamford can hold their own v Man Utd, Everton and Liverpool?.

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

this is a great resource for GW1-3 planning, thanks PB

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

wahine wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 07:49 I am interested in the last two friendly reports to see if you think the attack Raphinha Harrison and Bamford can hold their own v Man Utd, Everton and Liverpool?.
I think Bamford, Harrison, and Raphinha are all fine picks, the latter two especially, given their generous pricing this season. I wouldn't hesitate to play them every week. Attacking points can be notoriously hard to predict and we're capable of scoring against anyone. The only teams who managed to shut us out last season were Brighton and Wolves. I expect Raphinha will be a permanent fixture in my starting eleven.

Kalvin Phillips made his first appearance of pre-season today, playing 45 minutes in the first of two scheduled friendlies against Ajax.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 17:40
wahine wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 07:49 I am interested in the last two friendly reports to see if you think the attack Raphinha Harrison and Bamford can hold their own v Man Utd, Everton and Liverpool?.
I think Bamford, Harrison, and Raphinha are all fine picks, the latter two especially, given their generous pricing this season. I wouldn't hesitate to play them every week. Attacking points can be notoriously hard to predict and we're capable of scoring against anyone. The only teams who managed to shut us out last season were Brighton and Wolves. I expect Raphinha will be a permanent fixture in my starting eleven.

Kalvin Phillips made his first appearance of pre-season today, playing 45 minutes in the first of two scheduled friendlies against Ajax.
Is there more than a hunch etc for why you pick Raphinha over Harrison?

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

blahblah wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 17:46 Is there more than a hunch etc for why you pick Raphinha over Harrison?
I believe he was posting better numbers than Harrison last season, takes more set-pieces, is less likely to be subbed, and his ownership is vastly higher than Harrison's, so he's a "safe" pick. Harrison outscored Raphinha last season (160 to 133) but Raphinha played 488 minutes fewer. Their points-per-90 were basically identical (around the 5.1 mark).

If you really need to squeeze an extra £0.5m from your squad, then Harrison is a perfectly viable alternative. Being slightly more risk-averse than you, I've opted for the relative security of Raphinha.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 18:20
blahblah wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 17:46 Is there more than a hunch etc for why you pick Raphinha over Harrison?
I believe he was posting better numbers than Harrison last season, takes more set-pieces, is less likely to be subbed, and his ownership is vastly higher than Harrison's, so he's a "safe" pick. Harrison outscored Raphinha last season (160 to 133) but Raphinha played 488 minutes fewer. Their points-per-90 were basically identical (around the 5.1 mark).

If you really need to squeeze an extra £0.5m from your squad, then Harrison is a perfectly viable alternative. Being slightly more risk-averse than you, I've opted for the relative security of Raphinha.
Thanks...

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Klopp has said Firmino will play tomorrow night which makes Jota a bit more risky if Firmino is back playing already.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Barnes starts!

Nacho doesn't!

City (4-2-3-1):Schmeichel; Ricardo, Fofana, Soyuncu, Bertrand; Ndidi, Tielemans; Perez, Maddison, Barnes; Vardy.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Spurs are playing shite, and Chekski look vaguely competent allowing for Weiner playing.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Ziyech from distance and a few acres space ....

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 17:40 Kalvin Phillips made his first appearance of pre-season today, playing 45 minutes in the first of two scheduled friendlies against Ajax.
Leeds appear to have forgotten to turn up for the second friendly. 3-0 down at half-time and chasing shadows. The third was a Gravenberch stunner from 25 yards/the place where Kalvin Phillips would normally be.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 20:05
Pirlo's Beard wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 17:40 Kalvin Phillips made his first appearance of pre-season today, playing 45 minutes in the first of two scheduled friendlies against Ajax.
Leeds appear to have forgotten to turn up for the second friendly. 3-0 down at half-time and chasing shadows. The third was a Gravenberch stunner from 25 yards/the place where Kalvin Phillips would normally be.
Wow, it's been poor. Out played, out passed, out thought. Raphinha is trying too much, Rodrigo should be getting free headers on target at least. Bielsa will be having a fit in the dressing room.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

jimmy ching wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 20:09 Wow, it's been poor.
Very. But we shouldn't get carried away. Shackleton-Ayling-Struijk-Dallas is a defence we hopefully won't see too much of this season, and we're a completely different team without Phillips (and Llorente to a lesser extent, hope he's fit again soon). That Gravenberch goal came from the exact area Phillips would normally be covering, as I mentioned, with Koch too slow to close him down.

Ajax are streets ahead of us though.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Ziyech is the best Chelski attacker so far, and Spurs are all over the place and not in a good way.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Leicester looking good. Everyone playing well.. need some Foxes!

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 20:29 Leicester looking good. Everyone playing well.. need some Foxes!
2-0 up, Soyuncu and Barnes.

Really like Barnes, he was great before his injury and I think he's a player on the verge of having a break out season and really stepping up a level.

If his minutes were more certain I'd be straight in.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”