To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

7-8 mil forwards: are they good value?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

7-8 mil forwards: are they good value?

Post by SirMattBugsby »

I have my doubts, mainly because I tend to compare them with Trent and Robbo which is probably erroneous and unfair. But are they better than even say, Chilwell and Digne?

Wood is 7 and usually gets 130s. Bamford and Ings (8m each) have had 190+ seasons but Ings came back to the 130 mark last season, which is possible with Bamford this season with Rodrigo lurking. DCL got 160+ but was that his ceiling, esp being in an Ancelotti team? Antonio, Watkins and Nacho have their issues (injuries, Grealish, Rodgers' formation this season etc.)

The amount of options (Martial as well) means keeping a spot open is good.. but I am skeptical about their value. On a related note, should an 8 million player be a captaincy option?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: 7-8 mil forwards: are they good value?

Post by Mav3rick »

I was disappointed with Wood's price rise personally although the days of 5.5 strikers seem long gone, it's just ever harder to pick a budget 3rd striker over either a benched base price rotter or taking a premium midfielder out.

A few drafts do seem to have 3 strikers from the 7.5 pool, which is mining a price point to a depth I would usually avoid.

I suspect I will end up with Kane or a bench rotter although I haven't yet been back and forward over my team much at all yet.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I think I'm one of those, but like you I'm a while off nailing the names down.

I'm BB'ing in GW1 partly because of this "problem". I expect at least 1 from that price range to be worth having, but with no clues to who I'll start with 3 then by GW3 or 4 I'll be less in the dark....

I'll also have 2 playing GK's to begin with and lose 1 in the same time frame.

Note: Wood is in Tokyo.

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Post by Richt »

KIng at 5.5 for a 3 striker spot looks value!

boise1234
Grumpy Old Man

Post by boise1234 »

I think there are some pretty good options in this group, Bamford, Wilson and DCL all averaged 5pts a game or more, but the key with strikers, and in particular your mid price strikers is fixtures - they are all capable of going on a good five or six game run and clocking up a couple of double figure returns against average opposition. I will probably start with DCL for the first 6 weeks then switch to Werner from GW7 if I can find an extra £1m or Bamford if I can't.

Spreadsheet
FISOhead
FS Record: SDT Mini League Maestro - 5 wins and 3 Runners Up in 9 years. Never made it on the biggest stage though. I'm the DT David Bentley.

Only one FPL campaign (18/19) under my belt. Nothing spectacular.

Post by Spreadsheet »

I know Martial is back, and there’s Greenwood too, but with Rashford out for the start, I think Cavani at just 0.5 more than this thread’s bracket is interesting. Ended the last season on fire, and is not likely to miss the start due to Uruguay not going deep in the Copa America (I could be wrong there, though)?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Apparently Martial is on the Transfer List, if such a thing exists nowadays....

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Mav3rick wrote:I was disappointed with Wood's price rise personally although the days of 5.5 strikers seem long gone, it's just ever harder to pick a budget 3rd striker over either a benched base price rotter or taking a premium midfielder out.

A few drafts do seem to have 3 strikers from the 7.5 pool, which is mining a price point to a depth I would usually avoid.

I suspect I will end up with Kane or a bench rotter although I haven't yet been back and forward over my team much at all yet.
boise1234 wrote:I think there are some pretty good options in this group, Bamford, Wilson and DCL all averaged 5pts a game or more, but the key with strikers, and in particular your mid price strikers is fixtures - they are all capable of going on a good five or six game run and clocking up a couple of double figure returns against average opposition. I will probably start with DCL for the first 6 weeks then switch to Werner from GW7 if I can find an extra £1m or Bamford if I can't.
What should be the expectation from an 8 mil FWD compared to a 6.5 mil? Esp when there's a game breaker in Robertson, plus 5-6.5 mil defenders who could match them..

The '8' mark makes me feel that the asset should atleast be worth considering for captaincy. Are DCL and co. good enough for that? Maybe I'm wrong in having that expectation?

As for fixtures, I can't possibly comment on them before GW 1. Maybe Everton start slow, or Villa return to relegation form.. it's too far-fetched to predict form and fixtures imo. Keeping the spot open should be enough.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

blahblah wrote:I think I'm one of those, but like you I'm a while off nailing the names down.

I'm BB'ing in GW1 partly because of this "problem". I expect at least 1 from that price range to be worth having, but with no clues to who I'll start with 3 then by GW3 or 4 I'll be less in the dark....

I'll also have 2 playing GK's to begin with and lose 1 in the same time frame.

Note: Wood is in Tokyo.
You don't know which 1 to get, so you're getting all 3? BB 1 is fine, but you're ending up WCing as well.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yes, but not necessarily a WC out....

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

blahblah wrote:Yes, but not necessarily a WC out....
Ah okay. Looks like I'm still scarred by DCL TC Image Haven't seen fixtures but might start with Wilson or Ollie.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 16:26
blahblah wrote:Yes, but not necessarily a WC out....
Ah okay. Looks like I'm still scarred by DCL TC Image Haven't seen fixtures but might start with Wilson or Ollie.
I'll update my RMT next time I look at the squad....

Lorandrous1
Kevin and Perry

Post by Lorandrous1 »

Been tinkering with my forward line up a fair bit tbf.
Been on Antonio watkins and toney for a ages. And whilst i know its a waiting game, inevitable transfer for when one of Antonio’s legs go ping. Ive been having a look at bowen and could be a great differential with 2%tsb 8 goal 6 assists last season, nailed. Doesn’t get booked 24 and improving year on year im gonna go with him has my wh attacking asset. 6.5m so 1m cheaper than Antonio too. More I’ve considered this the more it makes sense on paper. Any thoughts on this. How has he gone so under the radar?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Lorandrous1 wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 12:26 Ive been having a look at bowen and could be a great differential with 2%tsb 8 goal 6 assists last season, nailed. Doesn’t get booked 24 and improving year on year im gonna go with him has my wh attacking asset. 6.5m so 1m cheaper than Antonio too. More I’ve considered this the more it makes sense on paper. Any thoughts on this. How has he gone so under the radar?
I've thought about him - he's competing with a glut of mids around that price though. Raphinha, Buendia, Sarr, Soucek and for a bit more there are others too. When you try and fit Salah/Bruno in as well... along with that fact there are enough strikers to consider 3-4-3, which pushes another mid to 4.5mn.

I would not pick him instead of Antonio however. Antonio is next level, before every part of him separates from every other part of him.

In answer to the thread question - yes - there are a few at this 7-8mn price and it's easy to drop down to Pukki, Toney, Welbeck or swap between them, I am of the opinion that they are very good value.

Charade
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Charade »

I'm keeping a close eye on Iheanacho. His price probably entirely reflects his end of season form rather than whole season, but if Vardy continues to have his minutes managed we'll probably see Kelechi play (and score) a lot. At the moment I'm toying with Jesus at 1m more and going Pukki for my third, but this will all likely depend on the final couple of weeks of transfers.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

With Radford out for the 1st few months, Cavani becomes a bit by of a no-brainer? Greenwood or Martial will pay wide and the other on the bench?

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

blahblah wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 13:43 With Radford out for the 1st few months, Cavani becomes a bit by of a no-brainer? Greenwood or Martial will pay wide and the other on the bench?
Cavani is currently in my team, im quite bullish on him that he’ll start well, I think the front three for united at the start will be

Sancho, Cavani, Greenwood

Rashford out and Martial has been struggling too, so Greenwood could be a great choice also.

The only worry i have on United is their lack of preparation/pre season.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Gambit wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 16:05
blahblah wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 13:43 With Radford out for the 1st few months, Cavani becomes a bit by of a no-brainer? Greenwood or Martial will pay wide and the other on the bench?
Cavani is currently in my team, im quite bullish on him that he’ll start well, I think the front three for united at the start will be

Rashford out and Martial has been struggling too, so Greenwood could be a great choice also.
Yes at the moment both Cavani and G'Wood are in my team. However, whilst I'm not worried about Cavani for at least 3 weeks, I notice some websites have United playing 4-2-3-1 - this includes Fred/McTominay as the two DMs, leaving Bruno, Sancho and Pogba the three behind Cavani. The one I remember stated G'wood does not have much success on the left, so Solsjkaer may opt to leave him out in this formation...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Sutter Kane wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 16:18
Yes at the moment both Cavani and G'Wood are in my team. However, whilst I'm not worried about Cavani for at least 3 weeks, I notice some websites have United playing 4-2-3-1 - this includes Fred/McTominay as the two DMs, leaving Bruno, Sancho and Pogba the three behind Cavani. The one I remember stated G'wood does not have much success on the left, so Solsjkaer may opt to leave him out in this formation...
I believe that the 2 DMs played due to the lack of pace at CB, which Varane provides so only 1 holding DM is needed.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Regarding Man United, the other options are tempting but Bruno is the standout in every way for me. Even with Rashford missing, there are 4 options for 3 positions. Cavani is first-choice but his minutes will be managed, Sancho has just arrived, Greenwood is potentially understudy to these two and Martial.. no idea what's up with him.

Antonio, Wilson and DCL are the ones I'm looking at, right now. Wilson is the one I'd ideally want but Newcastle have made no signings and could start slowly. Definitely want someone on pens..

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Sutter Kane wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 16:18

Yes at the moment both Cavani and G'Wood are in my team.
I'm considering Cavani, but GW3-4 are around international break, so if Cavani gets selected then he has to be a rotation risk for those gameweeks.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

I just put Jiménez in my team. 8-) not sure if I'll go through with it but me likey.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Apparently Cavani has still not returned to training due to quarantine rules. Sancho is expected to join the group on Friday.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Fook, how can that happen 😤

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

The only worry i have on United is their lack of preparation/pre season.
Cavani still not training:
Edinson Cavani has not been present in #mufc training almost five weeks after Uruguay's elimination from the Copa America quarter-finals. Quarantining is believed to have delayed the return of certain players #mulive [@samuelluckhurst
Shame as I thought he would start well.

Greenwood looks like a great option now.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Ings confirmed at Villa!

Is that Watkins dead as an option now or will they play two up front?

Can't see Ings sitting on the bench and he's not the type of player to move wide or drop deep etc.

Must have passed the medical so if he's fit and ready to go he could be the man, 8m, nailed, on pens (surely), proven record..........

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Gambit wrote:Ings confirmed at Villa!

Can't see Ings sitting on the bench and he's not the type of player to move wide or drop deep etc.

Must have passed the medical so if he's fit and ready to go he could be the man, 8m, nailed, on pens (surely), proven record..........
Wow, didn't expect that! Staying off both now, need to see how Smith manages them. Maybe I need to stick with my Wilson hunch..

On a side note, what are S'oton upto?! Their squad looks weaker than Newcastle right now.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 19:03
Gambit wrote:Ings confirmed at Villa!

Wow, didn't expect that! Staying off both now, need to see how Smith manages them. Maybe I need to stick with my Wilson hunch..

On a side note, what are S'oton upto?! Their squad looks weaker than Newcastle right now.
Yeah Saints in trouble, looks good for the Digne clean sheet in GW1, may double up with Pickford :shock:

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Maybe they are the ones who end up with Tammy? Nice striker merry-go-round in sight

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 19:11 Maybe they are the ones who end up with Tammy? Nice striker merry-go-round in sight Image
More signings to come thats for sure, templates being ripped up everywhere! :D

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”