To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Aston Villa assets

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Aston Villa assets

Post by CptPugwash »

Villa have THE standout opening 3 fixtures (wat NEW BRE), so look a no-brainer to have some sort of coverage for anyone considering an international break wild-card.

The formation I assume will be either 4231 or 433, depending on whether or not they employ a No. 10.

Watkins looks a good pick to me, summer rest, next to no competition, very reasonably priced, and good fixtures. What more could anyone want?
Martinez looks the obvious pick, but that's going to be wait and see if he joins the squad for week 1.

Like most teams there are obviously questions over who may or may not be available week 1.

On to the questions.
1. IF Grealish is still a Villa player, will he continue to play as the No. 10, where he finished the season, or does he revert back to wide left?

2. Ross Barkley seems to be a bit of a forgotten man since his mid-season hamstring injury. Is he now just back up for Grealish? Without Grealish does he get a game or do Villa go 433 without a No 10?

3. Out wide El Ghazi seems to be the player who most benefitted from Grealish switching inside. His end of season numbers were fantastic, whether or not that was a reflection of his form I have no idea. Of course the signing of Buendia means there is severe competition longer term with Traore as well. I severely doubt Buendia will be involved at the start of the season given his involvement with Argentina and having to meet new team mates. So, is El Ghazi as safe as I think he is for the start of the season.

4. At the back are there any standout picks? Has Young been signed as cover or to play?

Ernie1982
Treebeard

Re: Aston Villa assets

Post by Ernie1982 »

Is Barkley a Villa player? I thought he was just on loan last season?

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

Ernie1982 wrote: 20 Jul 2021, 16:28 Is Barkley a Villa player? I thought he was just on loan last season?
Good point :roll:

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

" for anyone considering an international break wild-card ".

this, but I prefer to try and pick a low transfer team this season :) rather than flavor of the month and avoid booking in early transfers.
I still prefer my first impression that was a 3 -4-3 with premium defenders and only tinkering with the 3 Midfield places and the three Forward places.
Almost sure that AV will not be part of my starting lineup :roll:

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

seems to be quite a few on Villa.
at the mo. most selected keeper, 2nd most selected forward, 3rd most selected midfielder

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

I'd be tempted to have Martinez season long.

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

Anyone know why Targett didn't start the first 3 friendlies. Ashley Young started all 3 at left back. Every preview I read has Cash & Targett nailed on, is that the case?

Further up the field the wide attackers look a bit of a minefield at the moment. Buendia, Bailey, Traore, & El Ghazi for 2 spots. Given that El Ghazi finished the season in superb form, has started all 4 friendlies, & appears to be on penalties, I'm very tempted to have him short term at least. Anyone else considering him or have some reason to believe he might not start?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Targett was injured (according to- https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/team-news/)

He played 30 minutes in one of the first 3 then played 90 in the 4th so assume he is back ok

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

CptPugwash wrote:Anyone know why Targett didn't start the first 3 friendlies. Ashley Young started all 3 at left back. Every preview I read has Cash & Targett nailed on, is that the case?

Further up the field the wide attackers look a bit of a minefield at the moment. Buendia, Bailey, Traore, & El Ghazi for 2 spots. Given that El Ghazi finished the season in superb form, has started all 4 friendlies, & appears to be on penalties, I'm very tempted to have him short term at least. Anyone else considering him or have some reason to believe he might not start?
I’m on El Ghazi for the first 3 fixtures, think it’s just you and me though Image

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Picked Emiliano Buendía. Did not work out well.

He needs to show something useful this next couple of weeks or his ass is grass.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Did anyone see much of the game to say how he played? Got the feeling he was pretty quiet/disappointing. Same with Barnes at Leicester TBH :(

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

jacksosi wrote: 13 Aug 2021, 17:44
CptPugwash wrote:Anyone know why Targett didn't start the first 3 friendlies. Ashley Young started all 3 at left back. Every preview I read has Cash & Targett nailed on, is that the case?

I’m on El Ghazi for the first 3 fixtures, think it’s just you and me though Image
Brucey bonus to find El Ghazi still on penalty duty with Ings on the pitch. Just have to hope he keeps his place now....

Disappointed to have Targett miss out on the CS. Guess I should have played it safer and gone for Konsa or Mings.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

CptPugwash wrote:
jacksosi wrote: 13 Aug 2021, 17:44

Brucey bonus to find El Ghazi still on penalty duty with Ings on the pitch. Just have to hope he keeps his place now....

Disappointed to have Targett miss out on the CS. Guess I should have played it safer and gone for Konsa or Mings.
Yep, lovely Image

I have a plan to move him to Sarr from GW4 when the fixtures worsen.

Late doors I went Young over Targett, but I’ve benched him both weeks so not benefited from the decision Image

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Bob Newhart wrote: 16 Aug 2021, 16:41Picked Emiliano Buendía. Did not work out well. He needs to show something useful this next couple of weeks or his ass is grass.
2pts. At home to Newcastle!

wiseowl65
FISOhead

Post by wiseowl65 »

Bob Newhart wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 08:00
Bob Newhart wrote: 16 Aug 2021, 16:41Picked Emiliano Buendía. Did not work out well. He needs to show something useful this next couple of weeks or his ass is grass.

For me he gets the Brentford game then he's gone which was always my plan with Villa's fixture swing in GW4 but a major disappointment non the less given i was close to Greenwood and Benrahma for his spot before GW1 deadline, small margins and all.

HungryHungrySuarez
Red & Blue Braces

Post by HungryHungrySuarez »

I think villa have looked pretty average so far, and the fact that everyone was touting their first 3 'easy' fixtures just makes it worse. They're clearly missing a few players and will no doubt improve when everyone's available, but right now they look exactly like a team that's lost their captain and talisman and don't really have an answer for it.

I'm getting rid of both Ings and Martinez for now. Ings was poor first game, and scored that brilliant goal in the second to put a gloss on things for him. He was going anyway in GW3, but I just haven't liked what i've seen from Villa so far. I'll probably regret it as they keep 4 cleanies in the next 7 and Martinez gets 3 bonus in all of them!

Yard of Grass
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 32nd TFF 2014-15 (Single entrant)

Post by Yard of Grass »

Ings a goal a game so far and can see him scoring again Saturday. Then is the time to move him on.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Yard of Grass wrote: 25 Aug 2021, 18:27 Ings a goal a game so far and can see him scoring again Saturday. Then is the time to move him on.
Or when he gets injured.

Kris_fiso
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Kris_fiso »

I think Wesley is leaving

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

wiseowl65 wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 10:37

For me he gets the Brentford game then he's gone which was always my plan with Villa's fixture swing in GW4 but a major disappointment non the less given i was close to Greenwood and Benrahma for his spot before GW1 deadline, small margins and all.
And............ he scores :lol: :roll:

wiseowl65
FISOhead

Post by wiseowl65 »

Bob Newhart wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 15:14

Nice bonus before he exits my team.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

wiseowl65 wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 17:14

Yup, fair play to you for keeping the faith that extra week...

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Bob Newhart wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 17:15
wiseowl65 wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 17:14

Yup, fair play to you for keeping the faith that extra week...
Don't feel too bad, now, as it was Son I sold him for. Plus both Buendia and Martinez are now travelling to Argentina, so will miss the next game.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”