To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Brighton Assets.

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Brighton Assets.

Post by CptPugwash »

I'm looking at putting my team together with a view to a 1st International break wildcard.

Brighton have by far and away the best fixtures on paper for the first 3 games for a budget squad.

I'd be picking Sanchez if it wasn't for the fact that Martinez has even better fixtures.

My questions to Brighton followers are:

Dunk(5m) & Lamptey (4.5m) are appealing at the back. Is Dunk worth the extra .5M?

Who is the better forward option, Maupay(6.5) or Welbeck(6)? Initially I'd assumed Maupay was by far the better pick, but I've read a lot of articles indicating it may be Welbeck. Truth or Nonsense?

Does March start? If he does wingback or wide forward?

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Re: Brighton Assets.

Post by cymbalrush84 »

CptPugwash wrote:I'm looking at putting my team together with a view to a 1st International break wildcard.

Brighton have by far and away the best fixtures on paper for the first 3 games for a budget squad.

I'd be picking Sanchez if it wasn't for the fact that Martinez has even better fixtures.

My questions to Brighton followers are:

Dunk(5m) & Lamptey (4.5m) are appealing at the back. Is Dunk worth the extra .5M?

Who is the better forward option, Maupay(6.5) or Welbeck(6)? Initially I'd assumed Maupay was by far the better pick, but I've read a lot of articles indicating it may be Welbeck. Truth or Nonsense?

Does March start? If he does wingback or wide forward?
I’d entertain Dunk over Lamptey if he was 4.5, but for that extra 0.5, I’ll stick with Lamptey.

March has been wing-back more last season I think, either way, not enough attacking returns to consider him.

I think Welbeck will be a steal if he stays fit. Maupay? Not so sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Dunk & Sanchez for me. Welbeck is tempting as well, but 3 Brighton feels like overkill (having said that I might end up with Steele as sub GK)

danjones
Treebeard

Post by danjones »

I currently have Sanchez / Steele / Lamptey

Sanchez / Steele looks like the best 8.5 starting gk combo, and Lamptey rotates with Ayling really well for the first few fixtures, however I'm undecided how sensible a BHA defensive double-up is with no White. It's also blocking me from using Welbeck as S3 in a 3-4-3.

Feel like Lamptey should be really good value this season, all things being equal, but how equal will things be?

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

From memory Brighton’s defensive record was very poor when Lamptey played. May just be coincidence, may not, but one to check on and, if so, consider?

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

hancockjr wrote: 12 Jul 2021, 14:31 From memory Brighton’s defensive record was very poor when Lamptey played. May just be coincidence, may not, but one to check on and, if so, consider?
I'd assume that a change in Brighton's defensive performance was more down to a change in GK rather than Lamptey's injury, but I'm more than happy to be corrected by anyone who watched them regularly.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

CptPugwash wrote:I'd be picking Sanchez if it wasn't for the fact that Martinez has even better fixtures.
But he may not play. Remains to be seen. He was involved in Copa until the final.

As for the rest; I prefer Dunk to Lamptey, quite easily. Welbeck could well make my team, Maupay has no chance. March will most likely be LWB if he starts.

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

Bissouma: I didn't realise how good he was. I doubt there's a premier league team, that wouldn't be better off with him in the team. From an FPL perspective the 5th midfielder is low down on most peoples priority, but I very much doubt there's a better choice.

Webster: Wasn't on my radar, but if the Watford game is anything to go by, I've seen wingers playing less advanced roles.

Maupay: At a tricky price point, as there are forwards for 1M to 2M more who you expect to score more, and he's possibly marginally more than you want to pay for someone who you don't play every week. But I'm expecting a decent PPM return.

Sanchez: IMO he was priced up .5M too cheap. 4.5M for the keeper behind the team with the 3rd best Xga in the league looks like a bargain to me.

Gross: There's a lot worse you can do for a 4th midfielder. IF Brighton can score goals, expect him to be the chief assister, as he appears to be on all set pieces, should chip in half a dozen goals with regular game time.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”