To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FH36

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

FH36

Post by From4corners »

I've pulled the trigger and have an idea who to bring in (hi Kun), but moreover wanted to send out a PSA for other FHers that many many many many many price rises (and drops) might happen overnight for various probably popular players you want to bring in: DCL, JWP, Digne (and the entire Manchester United team).

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Re: FH36

Post by tarkens »

IN

Aguero
Torres
Mahrez
Foden
Bamford
JWP
Antonio
Lingard
Coufal
Kane
Son
Salah
TAA
Robertson
Digne
DCL
Pickford

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

You're missing Wood. My initial thinking:

Forster McCarthy
TAA Dallas Digne (Philips, Kilman)
KDB Salah Bale El Ghazi (Burke)
Aguero DCL Wood

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

I've got about six playing in GW36 so I'm all in on the FH for sure!

Just had a very quick look at it:

Forster / McCarthy - I like this idea, good fixture and cheap

TAA / Digne / Mendy - Set on TAA & Digne, Mendy subject to change but want another attacking defender for sure, Dallas, Robertson, Cancelo, Reguilon etc all come into the thinking

Salah / Son / Bale / Mahrez - Salah for sure and at least one of the Spurs mids, City mid will be a late choice, Siggy & Rodriguez other options

DCL / Aguero / Antonio - DCL will be a cert, Aguero too if it looks like he will play, several strikers I like this week, Ings if fit, Wood, Kane.

The key will be trying to strike a balance between obvious picks such as TAA, DCL and the like, and then trying to gain ground with a few low ownership players who could do well - Aguero / Antonio / Bale / Mendy

Looking forward to tinkering all week!

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

No Kane seems dangerous but could work out since captaincy should be heavily split among City, Spurs, Liverpool and Everton players. I plan on still holding him though. My current team looks like:

McCarthy Forster
TAA Digne Coleman Struijk Mitchell
Salah Son Bale El Ghazi Burke
Kane Aguero DCL

I'm priced out by just 0.2m which I can fix by downgrading Struijk to a 3.8m.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Resonare wrote: 07 May 2021, 23:41 No Kane seems dangerous but could work out since captaincy should be heavily split among City, Spurs, Liverpool and Everton players. I plan on still holding him though. My current team looks like:

McCarthy Forster
TAA Digne Coleman Struijk Mitchell
Salah Son Bale El Ghazi Burke
Kane Aguero DCL

I'm priced out by just 0.2m which I can fix by downgrading Struijk to a 3.8m.
Agreed, I’m certainly not ruling kane out and he’s very much in my thinking, the strike force you have looks the best available to me and something I’m very likely to have myself, just a case of if i downgraded him to antonio or wood i could get a city mid like Mahrez, looking at different options is all.

Id say at the moment only TAA/Digne/Salah/DCL are locked for my FH team.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

tarkens wrote: 07 May 2021, 21:42 IN

Aguero
Torres
Mahrez
Foden
Bamford
JWP
Antonio
Lingard
Coufal
Kane
Son
Salah
TAA
Robertson
Digne
DCL
Pickford
You'll do well to fit them all in. :lol:

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Bale and Aguero blowing their auditions to make the team!

Son looking good, and with City still needing a win and Mahrez getting zero minutes he’s almost a cert.

Pickford
Dallas TAA Digne
Salah Mahrez Foden Son
DCL Kane Antonio

Double everton defence against a toothless SU
Three attacking defenders
Three main attackers covered in Kane, Salah, Son
Three attacking differentials in Mahrez, Foden, Antonio

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

I'm keeping faith in Kun and will probably go (bang on the money):

Forster McCarthy
TAA Dallas Digne (Phillips, Mitchell)
KDB Foden Salah Gylfi (JWP)
Aguero DCL Wood

JWP can come on for a no-show-Kun

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

From4corners wrote: 08 May 2021, 19:57 I'm keeping faith in Kun and will probably go (bang on the money):

Forster McCarthy
TAA Dallas Digne (Phillips, Mitchell)
KDB Foden Salah Gylfi (JWP)
Aguero DCL Wood

JWP can come on for a no-show-Kun
Yeah he could still be a good choice, I thought he looked off the pace a bit tonight and not sure he plays next week, will see if any clues from Pep in the presser.

I've not ruled out KDB either but it was said that he wasn't fit enough to play today so whilst I think he'll start next week he's still the one City player I think Pep would look to protect if any doubts around him.

Kris_fiso
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Kris_fiso »

I was hoping for some teams playing twice

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Gambit wrote: 08 May 2021, 19:41 Bale and Aguero blowing their auditions to make the team!

Son looking good, and with City still needing a win and Mahrez getting zero minutes he’s almost a cert.

Pickford
Dallas TAA Digne
Salah Mahrez Foden Son
DCL Kane Antonio

heh, pulled the FH trigger and ended up with almost identical team, but I have Coufal, not Dallas
Mitchell, Phillips, JWP and Martinez are on my bench and 0.4 ITB

obviously will monitor City's situation and try to decipher Pep's presser, however City will only need a win if United actually win all three of their TGW games

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

tarkens wrote: 09 May 2021, 09:42
Gambit wrote: 08 May 2021, 19:41 Bale and Aguero blowing their auditions to make the team!

Pickford
Dallas TAA Digne
Salah Mahrez Foden Son
DCL Kane Antonio

heh, pulled the FH trigger and ended up with almost identical team, but I have Coufal, not Dallas
Mitchell, Phillips, JWP and Martinez are on my bench and 0.4 ITB

obviously will monitor City's situation and try to decipher Pep's presser, however City will only need a win if United actually win all three of their TGW games
Yeah at the moment that looks a good set up.

Good point about City, I still think Mahrez and Foden will play as they have to keep match fitness, but we’ll have to see what Pep says.

Not considered Coufal to be honest, fairly set on TAA and Digne, Dallas spot up for grabs, i think Burnley will score but Dallas has a ridiculous attacking threat, every game i see Leeds play he has chances!

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Gambit wrote: 08 May 2021, 20:07 Yeah he could still be a good choice, I thought he looked off the pace a bit tonight and not sure he plays next week, will see if any clues from Pep in the presser.

I've not ruled out KDB either but it was said that he wasn't fit enough to play today so whilst I think he'll start next week he's still the one City player I think Pep would look to protect if any doubts around him.
Re Agüero, he needs two more goals to break Rooney's record of most goals scored for one PL club. Regardless of that penalty miss yesterday, I am confident Pep will want him to get that record and will therefore start him against Newcastle to achieve that, using yesterday's shambles as a factor for Kun to redeem himself and score another hattrick or fiver against the Toon. He'll be my captain. I also see the FH as an opportunity to take a one week risk (rather than carrying him in my team for twenty weeks..).

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Yeah, City winning the league if United fail to win all 3 of their TGW games just adds to Aguero probably starting against Newcastle. There's a good chance I'll end up captaining him as well considering captaincy should be split across Kane, Son, Bale, Salah and DCL so I wouldn't expect any of them to have an EO that's worth worrying about so long as you own them.

As for my previous draft, Mitchell starting yesterday has green-lit him moving up to being my 4th defender with 3.8m Neco Williams coming in as a 5th defender just in case TAA gets randomly injured, so he'll be first on my bench.

McCarthy
TAA Digne Coleman
Salah Son Bale(vc) El Ghazi
Kane Aguero(c) DCL

Forster Williams Mitchell Burke

I was considering changing my GK pairing but I think Southampton actually have the highest chance of keeping a CS in BGW36 excluding Everton. City have been conceding and Newcastle are much improved attacking-wise. With Raphinha back I'm not confident in Burnley keeping a CS, and Wood's form along with how many chances Spurs had vs Leeds makes me question how solid Leeds defence really is. I can see both Brighton and West Ham conceding, same with Palace and Villa. I'd only consider Reguilon from the Spurs defence so Lloris is out of the question, plus I'd rather triple on their attack since Wolves seem to be on the beach already. And Liverpool are very shaky, I think Pereira is a good option that's possibly not being talked about enough.

defence, I think is optimal for a back 3. TAA is template, double up on Everton defence vs the worst attack in the league, plus Digne and Coleman are both attacking and capable of getting assists.

Midfield, Salah is template so not much to say there. Was hoping Liverpool vs United would move to BGW36 so I could swerve Liverpool players and free up some budget but it is what it is. Son is also template so also not much to say. Bale could literally score another hat-trick again given the state of Wolves (literally losing at home to Brighton at the time of writing), even thinking about captaining him. There're loads of good 4th mid choices like JWP, Peirera, Lingard etc but El Ghazi fits the budget, is still in great form and plays against one of the worst defenses in the league. The only concern is minutes, especially if Grealish is back so I'll have to keep a lookout there.

Up front I think is template. It's my last chance to ever own Aguero again for just a week so it comes with no long-term downsides. As a massive differential vs Newcastle no less...gotta do it I think and probably even captain him. DCL is template so not much to explain. As for Kane, he's just a shield to protect rank at this point because I don't want to let other managers have him as a differential against my team vs Wolves. Can't see myself captaining him and might even sell him if I have to find funds to upgrade El Ghazi.

This will probably be my last post on this thread until the TGW is over so just wanted to post this. (Also helps me remember in case I forget :lol:)
Last edited by Resonare on 09 May 2021, 14:24, edited 2 times in total.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Nice team!

I am also considering Pereira who I can see scoring against Liverpool.

Having seen my original team outscoring my FH team on many occasions in the past, I am afraid of losing Bale and Reguilón from my FH team. For that reason I can see Reguilón (finally) scoring when I don't have him. That's the FPL way, just like those FHers this week experienced with Son, Bamford and Dallas. So perhaps I should just focus on closing the gaps I have from my original team:

Forster McCarthy
TAA Reguilón Digne Dallas Mitchell
Bale Salah Mahrez Foden (one of JWP/Pereira/Gylfi/Raph)
Antonio Kun DCL

(ignoring ASM, Vydra and Coufal, who will no doubt score the most :lol: )

Not bad, apart from one small benching issue.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Can I tempt anyone with a rested Ollie Watkins? :lol:

n92DJ20js!jx
Wideboy

Post by n92DJ20js!jx »

Ederson
Digne-Dias-TAA
Salah-Jota-Mahrez-Son
Richarlison-DLC-Kane

Forster-Mitchell-Burke-Davis

Adelante
Treebeard

Post by Adelante »

At the moment I’ve went with -

Forster/McCarthy

TAA/Digne/Phillips/Mitchell/Strujik

Son/Salah/Mahrez/Foden/Raphinha

Kane/DCL/Aguero

Will see how things go during the week.

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

What about a sneaky punt on Callum Wilson. Stranger things have happened this season.

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Adelante wrote: 09 May 2021, 21:33 At the moment I’ve went with -

Forster/McCarthy

TAA/Digne/Phillips/Mitchell/Strujik

Son/Salah/Mahrez/Foden/Raphinha

Kane/DCL/Aguero

Will see how things go during the week.
hmm you sure about that? I just checked and I'm £1.0 of being able to afford this team and my team value as significantly higher than yours, assuming your FPL link is correct

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Had another mess around today following the weekend games but virtually nothing has changed other than realising that if i shave the bench i can still get Aguero without having to cut the midfield. So at the moment the final striking spot is Aguero v Antonio but i could just forget them both and stick another midfielder in.

Pickford
TAA Dallas Digne
Salah Son Mahrez Foden
Kane DCL

That leaves one attacking spot which could be pretty much anybody other than KDB or Mane.

The final spot is currently between Aguero, Antonio, Bale, anybody else worth considering?

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Gambit wrote: 10 May 2021, 16:06 Had another mess around today following the weekend games but virtually nothing has changed other than realising that if i shave the bench i can still get Aguero without having to cut the midfield. So at the moment the final striking spot is Aguero v Antonio but i could just forget them both and stick another midfielder in.

Pickford
TAA Dallas Digne
Salah Son Mahrez Foden
Kane DCL

That leaves one attacking spot which could be pretty much anybody other than KDB or Mane.

The final spot is currently between Aguero, Antonio, Bale, anybody else worth considering?
Are you sure Foden and Mahrez will be playing, if ManCity are already confirmed champions?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Lucky wrote: 10 May 2021, 22:51 Are you sure Foden and Mahrez will be playing, if ManCity are already confirmed champions?
One would expect they need to keep playing to keep their rhythm. Newcastle are now also safe so could turn out to be a nice high scoring basketball match.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Lucky wrote: 10 May 2021, 22:51
Gambit wrote: 10 May 2021, 16:06 Had another mess around today following the weekend games but virtually nothing has changed other than realising that if i shave the bench i can still get Aguero without having to cut the midfield. So at the moment the final striking spot is Aguero v Antonio but i could just forget them both and stick another midfielder in.

Pickford
TAA Dallas Digne
Salah Son Mahrez Foden
Kane DCL

Are you sure Foden and Mahrez will be playing, if ManCity are already confirmed champions?
Well you can never be sure with City and would wait for the presser of course but you’d think that Pep wouldn’t want to turn up at the CL final with his first choice players lacking match sharpness and rhythm.

Only 3 pl games left for City now, Mahrez hasn’t played a minute of the last two and Foden only 20 minutes, I think they’ll play.

Also, on the FH i think its wise to take at least a couple of players that non FH teams won’t have as a way of gaining ground, City players (if you can get the right ones!) look perfect for that, everybody will have Kane, Son, Salah etc but I’m trying to find low owned players who could do well to add to the popular picks. Mahrez, Foden, Bale, Antonio, Aguero, and the like have got to be worth consideration.

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Pickford
TAA Dallas Digne
Salah Son Mahrez Foden
Kane DCL

damn what's your TV?
Mine is around £105 and I'm 3.0 of that team + Aguero

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

My current draft is not far from the one Gambit has set up.

Pickford
TAA Dallas Digne
Salah Foden Mahrez KdB
Kane DCL Bamford

Subs: Steele/Raphina/Pillips/Mitchell

No Son in my team and perhaps too much ManC. I have OK subs to make up for any no-show from the ManC side, still it would not be ideal. KdB is a question mark and I contemplate doing:

Kdb+Raphina+Bamford->Son+Burke+Aguero

I had envisaged getting Aguero before knowing his performance this GW, but now I do see a question mark over both his fitness and his likelihood for minutes. It has therefore the same weakness as the draft above, with the exception that I have secured the service of Son. Another possibility is to place my bet with Spurs this GW and do the following vs the original draft:

KdB+Raphina+Bamford->Son+Bale+Davies

For a 3-5-2. That would make three Spurs and two ManC. I do believe that this is a GW where FH can benefit from ManC and this proposal would not take full advantage of this. There is also a possibility of upgrading Phillips to Robertson and play 4-4-2, but the current Liverpool defence is a far cry from promising a clean sheet and there are limits to how much attacking threat I can hope for.

I'll read this thread with interest over the next days.

danjones
Treebeard

Post by danjones »

currently on 3-4-3:
Pickford / Forster
Digne / TAA / Dallas / Mitchell / Phillips
Salah / Foden / Son / Mahrez / Alzate
DCL / Aguero / Kane

I need to make up 30 points on ML leader who currently only has 6 players and no chips, so targeting high upside players and have absolutely scraped the bench to do it.
However, Pep roulette could absolutely break this and mean Phillips / Mitchell coming on.
Considering therefore Digne -> Holgate and Alzate -> Harrison to provide a better quality bench reserve, or Aguero -> Bamford to do the same

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

tarkens wrote: 11 May 2021, 09:10

Pickford
TAA Dallas Digne
Salah Son Mahrez Foden
Kane DCL

damn what's your TV?
Mine is around £105 and I'm 3.0 of that team + Aguero
Sell value is 105.8 when I sell them all, with that team and Aguero i have 16.7 left for the 4 subs which is doable. You think thats as good as i can get? Aguero better than Antonio or Bale?

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

I activated mine last night:

Forster (McCarthy)
TAA Digne Dallas (Mitchell Struijk)
Son Salah Mahrez Foden (Raphina)
Kane DCL Antonio

0.0 ITB

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”