To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW34 Captain [Deadline Friday 30th, 18:30]

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Your GW34 Captain

Poll ended at 01 May 2021, 15:15

Ward-Prowse (LEI)
No votes
Vardy (sou)
8%
Iheanacho (sou)
5%
Gundogan (cry)
No votes
DeBruyne (cry)
No votes
Bamford (bri)
No votes
Werner (FUL)
No votes
Mount (FUL)
No votes
Pulisic (FUL)
No votes
Richarlison (AVL)
No votes
Sigurdsson (AVL)
No votes
Watkins (eve)
No votes
Lacazette (new)
No votes
Rashford (LIV)
No votes
Fernandes (LIV)
2%
Salah (mun)
No votes
Trent Alexander-Arnold (mun)
No votes
Kane (SHU)
67%
Son (SHU)
10%
Pereira (WOL)
2%
Wood (WHU)
No votes
Lingard (bur)
3%
Other
3%

Total votes: 61

The Royal BlueNose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average at best!

GW34 Captain [Deadline Friday 30th, 18:30]

Post by The Royal BlueNose »

Going Kane (C) and Iheanacho (VC)

DeanoMK
FISOhead

Re: GW34 Captain [Deadline Friday 30th, 18:30]

Post by DeanoMK »

Kane C, Son VC. No messing around this week.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

Son (c) Vardy (VC)

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Bale. Or Agüero. Messing around this week. Again.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

From4corners wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 19:11 Or Agüero.
Not keeping Vardy? He scored 20 points in this fixture last season, you know. :wink:

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 20:30
From4corners wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 19:11 Or Agüero.
Not keeping Vardy? He scored 20 points in this fixture last season, you know. :wink:
:mrgreen: I'm keeping Vardy, also as mentioned in another chat that removing him will probably haunt me as well had I decided to do that. I am looking at replacing Bruno and Silva with Bale and Agüero (or Iheanacho).

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Kane or Vardy, edging towards Vardy though it could make for a depressing weekend if it goes wrong.

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Kane. Pick your battles carefully. This isn't a week to go differential imo.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

TheRumourMill wrote:Kane. Pick your battles carefully. This isn't a week to go differential imo.
No? I think there are some good differentials this week. Lingard against high-pressing Burnley, Pereira against Wolves, maybe even Sterling/Laporte against Palace?

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

It just feels so risky. Do I think Kane scores against Sheffield United? Yes. Do I see him getting 2 attacking returns? Probably. Lingard is a good player but do I trust West Ham without Antonio, Rice, Cresswell? Not as much, no. I think without Cresswell especially Lingard's attacking stats have fallen off a cliff. Pereira against wolves is a good option to own I think, but is he consistent enough to captain? Not in my opinion. There's also the possibility Wolves respond to the hammering by going ultra defensive. I'm not captaining a man city centre back, low upside. Sterling is an interesting shout, granted. Would anyone be surprised if he was benched again though?

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Definitely is risky, although I'm not sure how many will cap Nacho and Vardy, thus affecting Kane's EO. Kane returning from injury could also be a factor?

Lingard's pace against a high-pressing Burnley and West Brom needing to win is what's tempting me. Fancy both these games to be high-scoring.. we could be in for a fun Monday night!

Edit: regarding Laporte, I was considering Palace and set pieces (repeat of Stones haul?). But yeah, that is a bit of a long shot.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

SirMattBugsby wrote:Kane returning from injury could also be a factor?
Discussed this with Joccki earlier this season. The fact is that Kane has a long track record of starting fast after an injury layoff, completely the opposite to Kun, for example.

18/19 he missed 4 PL games with an ankle injury and then scored 3 goals in 4 games when he returned, including a goal in the first game back.
16/17 he missed 5 PL games with an ankle injury and then scored 5 goals in 4 games when he returned, including a goal in the first game back and 2 braces. Later that season he missed 3 more games with a recurrence and then had 10 goals, 3 assists in 7 games, including a goal and assist in his first start.

I haven't noted what happened last season because the lockdown intervened but he did score 2 goals in three after returning from injury then and also had 4 goals, 2 assists in 6 after an injury break this season. So I don't think the layoff need peturb anyone. My reservation (and he is already in my team because I never sold him) is that he may well not be 100%, it's quite possible that he rushed himself back for the EFL Final (wouldn't be the first time). Whereas Vardy has been looking pretty sharp in the last couple of games to me. That's what edges me towards Vardy this week.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
SirMattBugsby wrote:Kane returning from injury could also be a factor?
Discussed this with Joccki earlier this season. The fact is that Kane has a long track record of starting fast after an injury layoff, completely the opposite to Kun, for example.

18/19 he missed 4 PL games with an ankle injury and then scored 3 goals in 4 games when he returned, including a goal in the first game back.
16/17 he missed 5 PL games with an ankle injury and then scored 5 goals in 4 games when he returned, including a goal in the first game back and 2 braces. Later that season he missed 3 more games with a recurrence and then had 10 goals, 3 assists in 7 games, including a goal and assist in his first start.

I haven't noted what happened last season because the lockdown intervened but he did score 2 goals in three after returning from injury then and also had 4 goals, 2 assists in 6 after an injury break this season. So I don't think the layoff need peturb anyone. My reservation (and he is already in my team because I never sold him) is that he may well not be 100%, it's quite possible that he rushed himself back for the EFL Final (wouldn't be the first time). Whereas Vardy has been looking pretty sharp in the last couple of games to me. That's what edges me towards Vardy this week.
Agreed and I have the same reservations. Kane returned even this season from injury to score against West Brom. I just have slight doubts if he's fully fit, although he need not start if he's not given it's SHU.

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Leaning towards Iheanacho myself. In the form of his life playing for a team who look determined to secure top 4 ASAP.

Morale at Spurs seems to be at an all time low, just read through their forums to see how indifferent their fans are about this game. Not convinced Kane is fully fit and Sheffield United proved last week that they aren’t necessarily just going to roll over now they’re down.

Combine that with the fact I think we’ll soon realise that Mason is massively out of his depth, while I wouldn’t rule out a spanking, similarly I wouldn’t rule out Spurs being very disappointing again.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

No Kane, so one of Vardy / Iheanacho / Son

Currently in that order

Area88
Wideboy

Post by Area88 »

It was either Bale or Kane for me. I chose Bale but wish now I had chosen Kane. Bale has potential for bigger returns so still excited to see what happens.

Leicester are usually a good pick but I knew Southampton would be tough.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

I went DCL.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”