To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW32 Wildcard

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

GW32 Wildcard

Post by Sutter Kane »

So...having watched Lingard score from outside the area 50 times, I feel he will reluctantly have to come in and stop what he's doing immediately. I miss the boat on these occasions with 90% regularity so it's inevitably going to result in Lingard failing completely from here on in.

45 points behind 2 very good ML leaders as well makes this pretty important. It'd be nice to attack probable doubles with some fringe players in the WC. e.g. Konsa, who covers nicely in GW33 too.

Looking at overloading on Leicester with Vardy/Nacho/Schmeichel as they have a chance of DGW35. Anyone else considering or playing wildcard got any strategy in mind?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Re: GW32 Wildcard

Post by Oxford NZ »

No WC for me, but attack with a mini WC hit or two to freshen up and bring in Leicester and Pool big guns to finish the season with a boom or bust differential squad.
I stopped enjoying the game when my squad accidently became too template, and I have shied away from the herd band wagons as I believed their form was unsustainable. Time to go full on differential and go down in a blaze of glory is my only strategy.
Good luck to those still holding onto the WC.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I wildcarded in 31, but I don't think too much has changed. Most of the popular players have already repaid the faith, and Fernandes / City did nothing to worry those wildcarders that ditched them.

I'm a little concerned about Vardy, but let's see how he does against WBA.

SamuearlJ
Wideboy

Post by SamuearlJ »

Can you triple up on Spurs in GW32 without wildcarding and then use the wildcard for GW33 to attack the end of the season with more information?

Cons are that you miss out on loading up on Leicester players for the West Brom fixture as well as missing the Lingard bandwagon. It’s a strategy I’m considering as I currently have 5x Spurs plus Man City who will blank in 33.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

SamuearlJ wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 18:08 Can you triple up on Spurs in GW32 without wildcarding and then use the wildcard for GW33 to attack the end of the season with more information?
I considered this a few weeks ago and there was a possibility but it would have had to have been with the likely Villa Everton match. Now that this has not happened, it's not realistically possible. Miss out on way too much and I don't rate the double in isolation anyway, for anyone but Kane but I will reluctantly put Son in there. Going nowhere near that defence.
eastcentral1 wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 17:46 I wildcarded in 31, but I don't think too much has changed. Most of the popular players have already repaid the faith, and Fernandes / City did nothing to worry those wildcarders that ditched them.

I'm a little concerned about Vardy, but let's see how he does against WBA.
My current WC is/was vastly different to what I've have done in GW31 - 5/6 transfers different right now. I had 2 free transfers, I didn't want any Leicester bar Iheanacho for WHAM away game, didn't want Lingard Antonio-less for the tricky Leicester game, wanted to 'hail mary' Man C game as I thought it was the best captain fixture, didn't want any Spurs/Man U bar Kane/Bruno for their clash and wanted a week's more information. A few of the things have gone wrong inc Sterling(c), Son scoring, Lingard going crazy pinpoint shooting from 90 yards but on the whole my squad was far better equipped to WC32 than WC31. I think I lost about 9 points depending on Dunk later so not displeased. It could have gone a lot better than it did to be honest.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

OK, so it looks I'm the only one wildcarding! Or more likely, people haven't seen the thread yet and/or haven't commented yet.

Here's where I'm at, hopefully will be dramatically altered by European fixtures and injury news :D :

Forster, Sanchez/Kasper
Shaw, TAA, Hold, Veltman, Saiss
Ling/Maddison, Bruno, Jota, Son, E'S-R
Vardy, Nacho, Kane

At the moment, I realise Chelsea are decent defensively but do not want any of their assets. This is not something I'd recommend! 8-) This is a ML decision solely for me - many bases are covered by rivals in terms of non-Chelsea assets so this is the one place I can be different to their double/triple defences, by going for attack minded defenders instead. I prefer Saiss to Coady now I think, despite Coady looking better 3 weeks ago.

I just about prefer Maddison to Ling at the moment. I prefer Kasper to Sanchez but only just. Leno is the other consideration. Martinez/Lloris too expensive. Maddison should be back during/post FA cup game after his apparent wilful disregard for rules.

Son to Salah pencilled in immediately but could hold off and comfortably use the squad if I want to wait until after Salah's trip to Old Trafford.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I think no Chelsea at the back is a perfectly reasonable shout. I went with only one, and that in itself feels like a differential. I don't think we have the best fixtures for the remainder of the season and I don't think we'll be getting clean sheets at the rate we did previously. There are also lots of very good defender options with less rotation risk.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Button pressed !

Was trying to hold until next week, but several of the players I wanted have great fixtures this week and I couldn't decide which to bring in...so I brought all of them in :mrgreen:
Would probably have been priced out of this by next week too.

I need to read back through the GW31 WC thread in case I have missed anything, but can't see me changing this much (which is very unusual for me on a WC)

STR/MID
The front 8 pretty much picked themselves, especially with the fixtures they have.
Greenwood is the only punt, but had a good audition at the weekend.
Laca does tie up a lot of £££, but is a good price point for a switch to Ings or DCL for their DGWs

Defence
TAA hitting some form
Dallas I'm now going to play EVERY WEEK :)
Stones still good value when he plays
Holding has good fixtures if Stones misses out
Keane tucked away for their DBL GW :arrow: now changed to Holgate to keep 0.3 itb. Would really like Colman at the same price but probably too risky to play both in a DGW.

GKs
Martinez - even when AV lose he often gets >2, plus a game in hand
Forster - 4m and a game in hand

Issues
0.0 itb
Benching headaches, but Greenwood covers Son next week, and no doubt something else will pop up requiring cover.
Don't like either of my keepers for this week

Musings
Downgrade Greenwood to Saka upgrade Forster to Ederson, have exact funds for this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

jacksosi wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 21:01 Button pressed !
Woohoo the other lone wildcarder is here!
jacksosi wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 21:01 Dallas I'm now going to play EVERY WEEK
I like this idea. Potentially saves rotation headaches and he's still cheapish. Maybe saves some money and who knows, may get two or three more goals this season. Also a great idea if chasing a decent lead in a mini league.
jacksosi wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 21:01 Downgrade Greenwood to Saka upgrade Forster to Ederson, have exact funds for this
Don't like this. Forster is great value and you'd have so much money tied up in GKs.
jacksosi wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 21:01 Holgate to keep 0.3 itb.
Yeah I like Holgate as a pick. Trouble is he's bad for bonus and doesn't offer the same goal threat as Keane. Obviously Digne is the pick but he's an expensive rotating defender option right now though. A lot of our picks are currently at the mercy of when the doubles fall, which is annoying.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jacksosi »

Hmm, having watched MOTD, St-Maximin looked lethal, and only £5.1m a great differential for MF5...issue is he has LIV(A) in GW33 when I'd want to use him vs LEE(A) for Greenwood

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jacksosi »

Sutter Kane wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 08:56
jacksosi wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 21:01 Button pressed !
Woohoo the other lone wildcarder is here! - Haha, hope we've called it right :mrgreen: I did want to hold on for another week as I had Bale, but too many compromises for probably 2 points!
jacksosi wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 21:01 Dallas I'm now going to play EVERY WEEK
I like this idea. Potentially saves rotation headaches and he's still cheapish. Maybe saves some money and who knows, may get two or three more goals this season. Also a great idea if chasing a decent lead in a mini league. - Yep, the idea is that I play TAA/Stones/Dallas every week, saves benching points and the two subs are solid enough between them to ensure cover. I did want Shaw, but then that would block this tactic
jacksosi wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 21:01 Downgrade Greenwood to Saka upgrade Forster to Ederson, have exact funds for this
Don't like this. Forster is great value and you'd have so much money tied up in GKs - yeah seems wasteful but not long left now and it would probably yield 5 or 6 CS's. Also AVL's fixtures are not great, but I'd keep Martinez for the double.
jacksosi wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 21:01 Holgate to keep 0.3 itb.
Yeah I like Holgate as a pick. Trouble is he's bad for bonus and doesn't offer the same goal threat as Keane. Obviously Digne is the pick but he's an expensive rotating defender option right now though. A lot of our picks are currently at the mercy of when the doubles fall, which is annoying - Taking Holgate over Keane gives me 0.3 buffer, but I'm not fixed on this, Keane not a lot more and some other transfer will no doubt free up funds soon anyway

johnF
Grumpy Old Man

Post by johnF »

My GW32 WC squad at the moment:

Martinez, Forster
TAA, Stones, Dallas, Holding, Masuaku
Salah, Bruno, Son, Jota, Lingard
Kane, Bamford, Iheanacho

0.1 ITB

GK - decided to stick with Martinez despite tougher fixtures as he always seems to get points. Forster obvious choice for reserve at 4.0
DEF - Holding and Masuaku chosen for cheap price. Are they both fairly nailed for remainder of season? Need playing bench for when Stones gets rested. Any better options below 4.5?
MID - Pretty template. Bruno seems to have gone off the boil a bit recently but I've got a lot of money tied up in him so decided to stick with him.
FWD - Keeping Bamford as again have money tied up and good fixtures from GW34.

Thoughts ?

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I don't think it really matters if you've got money tied up in Bruno, as at this stage of the season if you get rid surely that's a, decision you'll stick with.

My only regret on my gw31 wildcard was not getting in any Wolves defenders.

johnF
Grumpy Old Man

Post by johnF »

eastcentral1 wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 14:30 I don't think it really matters if you've got money tied up in Bruno, as at this stage of the season if you get rid surely that's a, decision you'll stick with.
Yeah like when I got rid of Dallas last week and then got him straight back in a week later... :roll: :lol:

Cantank
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: na

Post by Cantank »

johnF wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 13:18 My GW32 WC squad at the moment:

Martinez, Forster
TAA, Stones, Dallas, Holding, Masuaku
Salah, Bruno, Son, Jota, Lingard
Kane, Bamford, Iheanacho

0.1 ITB

GK - decided to stick with Martinez despite tougher fixtures as he always seems to get points. Forster obvious choice for reserve at 4.0
DEF - Holding and Masuaku chosen for cheap price. Are they both fairly nailed for remainder of season? Need playing bench for when Stones gets rested. Any better options below 4.5?
MID - Pretty template. Bruno seems to have gone off the boil a bit recently but I've got a lot of money tied up in him so decided to stick with him.
FWD - Keeping Bamford as again have money tied up and good fixtures from GW34.

Thoughts ?
I have lost a lot of ground over the last few weeks and missed WCing last week. What I ended up with this week is almost the same as yours. Coufal (Masuaka) and Saka (Jota) are the differences.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jacksosi »

Hmm...so not the best WC so far.

Negatives
- Took out Bale as Borinho wasn't playing him, but now he has played and scored and I bet he gets a run
- Two out of 3 FWDS injured, will I make a hat trick :?:
- My sub GK brought in for the double may now not be first choice
- Benched Greenwood's 15 :cry:

Positives
- TAA immediate returns (vs the Philips option I was considering)
- Took out Stones for Shaw late doors :D

What next? Need Kane / Laca news to know who to remove (both have great fixtures so would hold if only out for one week, but will leave me with no subs and a weak team for GW33)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”