To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW31 Wildcard

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
DeanoMK
FISOhead

Re: GW31 Wildcard

Post by DeanoMK »

johnF wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 14:56 The template is starting to consolidate.

GK - Mendy/Forster (although I do have a nagging feeling that ditching Martinez might be a mistake)
MID - Salah / Bruno / Son / Jota / Lingard (seems set in stone for most)
FW - Kane + 2

Main uncertainty seems to be which defenders and whether to go for TAA and 2 cheaper strikers or No TAA which would allow a 2nd premium striker like Vardy/Aguero?
Yeah, my team is looking very similar to that. I've gone for Aguero which has blocked any premium defenders, could move to Iheanacho to free up the funds but I could just treat Aguero as a 1 week punt and then make that move next week and upgrade one of the defenders then.

brooky

Post by brooky »

is no-one considering Mount? I'm really struggling to afford Son so he's looking like a likely replacement

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

I'm tempted to go with both Sterling and Aguero on my wildcard as a 1 week punt against Leeds. They'd become Salah and Vardy (or Iheanacho) in GW32

DeanoMK
FISOhead

Post by DeanoMK »

Nah, I've caved, got rid of Aguero for Iheanacho, then brought Trent and Fofana in, much prefer that balance throughout the team.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

My tinkering still ongoing, reluctantly lost Cresswell - the injury to rice and his move to a more central position while masuaku provided the width has made me look elsewhere.

Also moved away from Loris/Sanchez, really like this combo but needed to find funds for my 7m midfielder spot as i see that as crucial with Maddison, Mount, Greenwood etc all options. An easy save of cash on my keepers.

This is where i am at the moment

Mendy / Forster
TAA / James / Fofana / xxxx / xxxx
Salah / Jota / Son / Maddison / Lingard/Neto
Kane / Vardy / Wood

Im aware its a fat front 8 but i will bench maddison this week and play Wood v Newcastle, Wood will be benched in 32 a v United, and then come back in for blank GW33 when Son and Kane are benched.

My final defenders will come from Arsenal , Wolves, Brighton etc, maybe even Rudiger but that would mean a treble Chelsea and not sure I want that.

Quite happy so far and with no Bruno, Nacho, Shaw, Rudiger but with Maddison, Vardy, James, Fofana, Wood its quite a bit different from the template.

Still no Bruno or City but Sterling/Jesus etc could be in for 31 for salah/vardy and then switch in 32.

Im also looking very hard at how I can avoid Lingard, could just have Neto but if i can squeeze another 0.8 from my squad i can have a double 7m spot and have two from Maddison/Greenwood/Mount instead of switching them, how likely is Lingard to continue this hot streak?

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

more thoughts on my keeper choice. Mendy very rarely gets more than 6 points, he’s only done it three times, Rudiger is the same really, so if getting a steady Chelsea defensive option then Rudiger at 0.5 cheaper is the better bet?

Fabianski is where I am now looking, this means i can put Rudiger into the defence with Reece James and still leave a Chelsea slot open for Mount.

AJD
Wideboy

Post by AJD »

Currently on:

Sanchez, Forster
TAA, Alonso, Shaw, Rudiger, Holding
Salah, Bruno, Son, Jota, Gundogan
Kane, Iheanacho, Vydra

Alonso a bit of a gamble but fancy him to play the next two. Gundogan seems to be fancied to play this weekend which is all I really need him for before he becomes Raphinha as Leeds’ fixtures turn again from wk33. Lingard and Antonio to come in at some point ahead of their final 3 but unsure on Lingard while Antonio is out.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

I like the Fabianski shout, Gambit. I've had him instead of Patricio a few times but I still have more hopes and thoughts for Wolves capability to keep more clean sheets over this run.
Bixer wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 10:31 I'm a little surprised how few people have Leicester defenders in their drafts. West Ham this weekend could be tricky, but their next 4 fixtures after that are brilliant.

EDIT: With him seemingly back fit now, I'm really tempted to go for Maddison at £7.1m too!
Agreed, hence I am going with Pereira but Castagne is also an option of course. I'll check the Leicester forums again tomorrow to sense check, but likely sticking with the Brazilian. Have also gone with Maddison again, who was in my first draft, instead of WBA's Pereira and swapped Vardy with Laca for now as I'll likely replace Agüero with Vardy and Sterling with Salah next gameweek, as here:
tarkens wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 15:33 I'm tempted to go with both Sterling and Aguero on my wildcard as a 1 week punt against Leeds. They'd become Salah and Vardy (or Iheanacho) in GW32
I don't like -4s after a wildcard though and might stick with Salah:

Patricio Forster
Pereira Laporte Shaw Alonso Phillips
Maddison Salah Jota Neves ESR
Laca Agüero Kane

Probably Pereira, Philips and Maddison on the bench this week.

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

My ‘set in stone’s thus far;

Mendy / Forster
Rudiger / Coady / Fofana / ? / ?
Salah / Fernandes / Son / Maddison / Jota
Kane / Iheanacho / ?

Only those 3 spots left to fill.

While I was very anti-TAA yesterday/the day before, I actually have quite a bit of money leftover with that draft so I’m half tempted to have him just to not have to worry about him exploding. I suppose it’s an easy downgrade with but likely an impossible upgrade without.

That partially due to the fact there just isn’t a 3rd striker I’m too keen on. Wood maybe? But I don’t love Burnley’s fixtures after this week. I’d considered Vydra but then at that level I wonder if TAA + someone like Brewster instead could end up better value.

If I still decide against TAA it’ll just be Phillips in his stead.

I’m taking the bold step to just ignore my Bench Boost. It clouds judgement too much and too often I find myself just having to undo it the following couple of weeks. If I find a use for it, great, if not, I’ll just waste it in GW37/38 and take whatever I get.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

I like the Fabianski shout, Gambit. I've had him instead of Patricio a few times but I still have more hopes and thoughts for Wolves capability to keep more clean sheets over this run.
Yeah you could be right, I've also looked at Patricio but at 5.3m I can buy into the Wolves defence for less with Coady, Saiss or even Semedo. I suppose you could make the same point that Dawson and Coufal are cheaper than Fabianski.

The biggest problem I'm finding with the defence, and I think other WC managers will have noticed the same, is that there will be some very hard benching choices over the next few weeks. There are so many teams with good fixtures that in GW32 for example people are going to have:

Chelsea H v Brighton
Wolves H v Sheffield
Arsenal H v Fulham
Liverpool a v Leeds
United H v Burnley
Leicester H v West Brom
West Ham a v Newcastle

So anybody set up to play 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 will have to bench two defenders with a great fixture, I've seen teams with say TAA, Chelsea, Wolves, Shaw, Arsenal as their defence, which is great, but who do you bench?

flare2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consistently satisfactory

Post by flare2 »

I’m erring towards Williams + Vardy.

I’m also thinking I’ll keep Bamford; got him at the beginning so decent amount of value.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Looking at the point I made above about the benching dilema with the defenders and I've taken money out of the defence to afford the double 7m midfield slot:

Salah / Jota / Son / Maddison / Greenwood
Kane / Vardy / Wood

No Bruno, Lingard, Nacho so going against the template.

Wood will play this week and Maddison will be benched, that will be reversed in GW32 and then both play in GW33.

Still meddling with the defence but I'm very set now on that front 8.

Salah, Kane, Vardy are all captain options and in Maddison, Greenwood, Vardy, Wood there are four differentials against what everybody else looks to be doing. If Nacho continues to fire then Wood is a straight swap, Maddison/Greenwood can also become Mount.

Fuzz
FISOhead
FS Record: 579th in FPL 2014/15

Post by Fuzz »

Very template!

Mendy / Forster
Dias / Shaw / Coady / Rudiger / Phillips
Salah / Fernandes / Son / Jota / Lingard
Kane / Iheanacho / Vydra

Son will become Maddison in gw33.

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Still tinkering:

Mendy, Meslier
Cresswell, Shaw, James, Dallas, Phillips
Salah, Bruno, Jota, Lingard, Neto
Kane, Iheanacho, Wood

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

now with the watered down defence:

Leno / Forster
TAA / James / Rudiger / Dawson / Holding
Salah / Jota / Son / Maddison / Greenwood
Kane / Vardy / Wood

The intention is to play TAA/James/Rudiger most weeks with Dawson/Holding as the subs if needed. The sacrifice I made was to remove the Leicester defender as I couldn't see where I would play them above the Chelsea defence or TAA and 5m too much to bench. Also, if I had a Leicester defender I'd be blocked from Wood to Nacho.

Keeper/Defence still subject to change - Fabianski, Mendy, Coady, Veltman (for 33) etc are all still being considered.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

I'll confirm this tonight:

Patricio / Forster
Laporte / Alonso / Shaw / Reguilón (Phillips)
Salah / Jota / Sterling / Neves (Smith-Rowe)
Kane / Agüero(c) (Vydra)

Sterling to Son (or Bale.. :lol: ) next week before :arrow: Bruno and Agüero to Vardy or Vydra to Iheanacho the week after looking likely.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

From4corners wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 21:21 I'll confirm this tonight:

Patricio / Forster
Laporte / Alonso / Shaw / Reguilón (Phillips)
Salah / Jota / Sterling / Neves (Smith-Rowe)
Kane / Agüero(c) (Vydra)

Sterling to Son (or Bale.. :lol: ) next week before :arrow: Bruno and Agüero to Vardy or Vydra to Iheanacho the week after looking likely.
I thought my team was anti template! :D

You could absolutely smash it this week with Laporte, Sterling, Aguero. Laporte could be a really shrewd pick for the longer term too.

I'm toying with a City big hitter just for this week and putting the C on them.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Gambit wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 21:27 You could absolutely smash it this week
That is my aim. :lol: would be nice to kickstart my season.

The only thing I am concerned about is why our friend sstaffsw doesn't seem to trust the Wolves defence(?), according to his suggested team that is. Mendy is also 0.1 cheaper, and while I rate Wolves' fix over those from Chelsea there is this thing called form over fixtures.. or perhaps I'll invest 0.1 more and get myself some defensive Leicester cover in Schmeichel. :idea:

jabbamunter
Wideboy

Post by jabbamunter »

I suspect I have less money than some but fwiw I'm on this with 0 itb:

Leno/ Forster
TAA/ Rudiger/ Christensen/ Coufal/ Holding
Salah/ Bruno/ Son/ Lingard/ Jota
Kane/ Iheanacho/ Davis

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

Think I'm just about there and very much on template...

Mendy / Forster
TAA / Dias / Shaw / Rudiger / Holding
Salah / Bruno / Son / Jota / Lingard
Kane / Iheanacho / Davis

Hanging onto Dias (and will bench him for his blank GW33).
GW33 moves: Son :arrow: Mount/Maddison, Iheanacho :arrow: Vardy.

DeanoMK
FISOhead

Post by DeanoMK »

Went for Patricio instead of Mendy last night, I know Chelsea are obviously strong defensively but I really don't like their fixtures.

Still looking very template, would like Maddison but can't see who I would sacrifice from my midfield but I guess that's a move for a later GW.

Final team is looking like this with 0.5itb.

Patricio / Forster
Holding / Rudgier / Trent / Masuaku / Fofana
Salah / Lingard / Bruno / Son / Jota
Vydra / Iheanacho / Kane

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Well, Son didn't fall (I guess Hemmingway was right). I'm currently on:

GK* / Forster
TAA, Rudiger, Shaw, Holding, DEF*
Salah, Son, Lingard, Jota, MID*
Vardy, Iheanacho, Kane

* this comes down to either (1) Maddison, Masuaku & Leno/Fab; or (2) Neto, Fofana, & any GK.

I'd really like to have Maddison, as he'll be very motivated to play himself back into the England squad. However, i'm planning to bb in 32 and could do with some squad depth. So I'm leaning towards the Neto route, and then bringing in Maddison as part of a post-bb reshuffle when Iheanacho will be downgraded.

Finally, whichever route I go I'm still totally undecided on the GK.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

EC1 - Baking in a Nacho to Maddison move for two transfers doesn’t make sense. It’s a sideways move. Wouldn’t it be more efficient to pick one now and stick with them?

Deano - As others have observed, with Patricio it’s a choice between form and fixtures? Whilst Wolves have the fixtures they don’t look like keeping many clean sheets. If I was on wildcard I’d not be picking Patricio. Mendy and Leno look better bets to me

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Think I'm done, including my selection for this GW;

Mendy

TAA / Coady / Fofana / Rudiger

Salah / Fernandes / Maddison / Jota

Kane / Iheanacho

Bench: Son / Davis / Struijk

Yeah, taking a punt benching Son. I just don't massively fancy much from Spurs against United this week, seems like it'll be a park the bus special.

I don't love Keinan Davis and Struijk in there, especially with my Bench Boost still to use, but there's no one else I'd want to sacrifice to improve them. Davis has had 4 cameo appearances in Villa's last 5 games so that's not terrible for a £4.2m enabler and lots of Leeds fans seem to think Struijk regains his spot this week.

If TAA doesn't look to be worth it after a few GWs, then that's an easy downgrade to Phillips and plenty of money to spread around my bench.

danjones
Treebeard

Post by danjones »

danjones wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 23:40 Nervous about Ian Nacho as S2 with Maddison back in the frame, so currently toying with

Mendy / Forster
Shaw / Rudi / Coufal / Phillips / Lowton
Salah / Jota / Son / Lingaard / Bruno
Kane / Vardy / Vydra

As Tarkens has said, it's coming down to Trent + Nacho + £1m vs. Vardy + Phillips. £1m probably goes on a beefier D4 or S3, but think Nacho will have fewer minutes, so want a more guaranteed S2 - hoping form will follow.

Arsenal look a shambles and can't be relied on, and Burnley still have position to play for, so Lowton looks like a better option for D4/5. Will probably start Phillips over him anyway.
Have decided that Fernandes isn't going to be captained again, so swapping out Shaw as well gives me

Mendy / Forster
Fofana / Rudiger / Coufal / Trent/ Lowton
Salah / Jota / Son / Lingaard / Mahrez
Kane / Vardy / Vydra

0.0 ITB, comfortable with Pep roulette on Mahrez as he performs even off the bench

So Fofana / TAA / Mahrez versus Shaw / Phillips / Bruno

Edgeways
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Edgeways »

So Masuaku at WHU. Anyone any thoughts as to whether he is likely to be a regular or not? Who threatens his place - does he have it as a result of Rice being injured/doubtful?
Probably academic until 33 but also having Holding means I would like a bit of certainty for then. If not might just take Lowton who has a better fixture in 33 anyway. But taking Lowton over Masuaku might prevent any upgrade on Holding if needed (especially now Lascelles is flagged).

DeanoMK
FISOhead

Post by DeanoMK »

Smurphy's Paw wrote:EC1 - Baking in a Nacho to Maddison move for two transfers doesn’t make sense. It’s a sideways move. Wouldn’t it be more efficient to pick one now and stick with them?

Deano - As others have observed, with Patricio it’s a choice between form and fixtures? Whilst Wolves have the fixtures they don’t look like keeping many clean sheets. If I was on wildcard I’d not be picking Patricio. Mendy and Leno look better bets to me
Yeah, you're probably right on that, just trying to think outside the box. Won't be going near Leno though, as an Arsenal fan I can't deal with the double disappointment Image

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

DeanoMK
FISOhead

Post by DeanoMK »

Edgeways wrote:So Masuaku at WHU. Anyone any thoughts as to whether he is likely to be a regular or not? Who threatens his place - does he have it as a result of Rice being injured/doubtful?
Probably academic until 33 but also having Holding means I would like a bit of certainty for then. If not might just take Lowton who has a better fixture in 33 anyway. But taking Lowton over Masuaku might prevent any upgrade on Holding if needed (especially now Lascelles is flagged).
I've got him, think he's pretty nailed on as far as I'm aware.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

There's nothing like a wildcard to get your hopes up. :P

Last time I played my 2WC I had an incessant spate of injuries for weeks afterwards. :roll: :x

It's the hope that kills you I reckon. :?

Drew_Peacock
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Drew_Peacock »

5th defender spot....who do we think the best option is out of Holding and Phillips? Keep flip flopping between the two.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”