To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW 22 Captaincy Poll Thread

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Who d'ya fancy?

Lacazette
No votes
Fernandes
9%
Rashford
No votes
Ings
No votes
Ward-Prowse
No votes
Wilson
No votes
Zaha
No votes
Cancelo
6%
Gundogan
1%
Sterling
8%
Foden
No votes
Aguero(You're welcome F4C)
No votes
Jesus
No votes
Maddison
1%
Barnes
No votes
Bamford
No votes
Calvert-Lewin
1%
Rodriguez
No votes
Grealish
No votes
Watkins
No votes
Antonio
No votes
Soucek
No votes
Salah
70%
Mane
No votes
Firmino
1%
Alexander-Arnold
No votes
Robertson
No votes
Son
No votes
Werner
No votes
Other
2%

Total votes: 87

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

GW 22 Captaincy Poll Thread

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Look at all those glorious options :lol: I've done Burke :arrow: Salah with my free this week 8-)

Salah(C)
Bruno(VC)

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Re: GW 22 Captaincy Poll Thread

Post by Stevieste »

Sterling (C)
Bruno (V)

senorjoeyo
Red & Blue Braces

Post by senorjoeyo »

I'm still voting other!

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Haha why thank you. :D

Currently on Bruno, but tempted by Robertson.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Salah (c) Fernandez (vc)

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Worst poll of the season, much preferred the guy who did last week's! ;)

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

^ :lol:

Currently 83% on Salah. Who am I to bet against that?

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

don't have Salah so it looks like Sterling (c), Bruno (vc)

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Oh my eyes! Please can we have fewer dumb options in this damned poll? :x The 'other' option is a much under-rated device.

Probably Salah(c) Sterling(v) for me (as planned) but I am nervous that Salah may be rested with so many big games coming up in quick succession. Sterling would be a good alternative having been rested at the weekend.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Salah got a rest against Burnley (33 min cameo) and seems to get time off for good behaviour every 5 games. Prior to that his last cameo was also 33 minutes and Palace defenders still have cold sweats at the memories!
If Mane is out and Brighton increasingly difficult to break down I can’t see Klopp resting Salah. It’s those two (and long term absentee Jota) that provide the x-factor they’ll need

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

You mean you weren't considering Ward-Prowse for the captaincy Ruth? You disappoint me ;)

I love how every week there's complaints on this poll about it being either too short or too long, every week! :lol: There's been enough problems caused in this world by 52% - 48% splits in the last 5 years, and now its spilt into FISO's captaincy poll :lol: We should have an additional poll on whether the captaincy poll is too short or too long every week to go alongside the captaincy poll!

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Lucky ended up with Ward-Prowse captain last gameweek so I said I'd throw him in. I like to cater to all wackadoo zany options if people feel like punting or need to make up ground with differential picks. At the end of the day an extra second or 2 of scrolling never killed anyone...that I know of :)

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Cancelo rested too.

Probably Salah(c), Cancelo(vc).

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: Salah got a rest against Burnley (33 min cameo) and seems to get time off for good behaviour every 5 games. Prior to that his last cameo was also 33 minutes and Palace defenders still have cold sweats at the memories! If Mané is out and Brighton increasingly difficult to break down I can’t see Klopp resting Salah.
Well yes, but that ignores the FA Cup game (United) where Salah played 90 as well. As of yesterday he has played 3x90mins in 8 days and Liverpool have games coming in quick succession, many of them 'big' games - Man. City, Leicester, Leipzig and Everton follow Brighton and that's another 5 games in 17 days. If Salah will be rested in one of those it is surely Brighton?

Klopp: "My mood is constantly concerned about injuries – constantly concerned about injuries – and we try to save everybody."

If Mané is confirmed out I'll feel able to captain Salah, though still not with full confidence. If it looks like Mané will be available I will certainly place the armband elsewhere.

hayesag
Dumbledore
FS Record: piss poor

Post by hayesag »

Ruth NZ regardless of whether mane will or wont start klopp will not drop salah unless deemed absolutely necessary. Klopp needs salah on the pitch cos guess what, he is pretty much the only person that will get him a goal when he really needs one! the choice is yours, you either go with the blind faith masses of people who (wont be overthinking or over analysing this decision) will simply say to captain or not to captain or you pick sterling and hide behind your sofa when sterling does jack all against a stubborn burnley defence and brighton break into tiny little pieces when salah fires a few rockets past them :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: Lucky ended up with Ward-Prowse captain last gameweek so I said I'd throw him in. I like to cater to all wackadoo zany options if people feel like punting or need to make up ground with differential picks. At the end of the day an extra second or 2 of scrolling never killed anyone...that I know of. :)
But it's so unwieldy. Honestly my first reaction when I saw it was that I couldn't be bothered to vote because I didn't want to wade through all the crap looking for Salah. :? There is an 'other' button; if people want to come up with wackadoo options then they can use that option and name them in the comments. The poll is supposed to be 'best captain', not 'my captain' anyway, isn't it?

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

hayesag wrote: 01 Feb 2021, 15:14 Ruth NZ regardless of whether mane will or wont start klopp will not drop salah unless deemed absolutely necessary. Klopp needs salah on the pitch cos guess what, he is pretty much the only person that will get him a goal when he really needs one! the choice is yours, you either go with the blind faith masses of people who (wont be overthinking or over analysing this decision) will simply say to captain or not to captain or you pick sterling and hide behind your sofa when sterling does jack all against a stubborn burnley defence and brighton break into tiny little pieces when salah fires a few rockets past them :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hasn't Salah been benched twice in the last few gameweeks? So Klopp will leave him out even when it wasn't necessary (he may have needed it for Palace but definitely not Burnley)

There's more to it than you mention, Brighton have conceded 1 goal total in their last 4 games, City have beaten Burnley 5-0 multiple times in the last few matchups, albeit usually without Sterling.

I'll probably bring captain Salah but it is far from certain until we get more info

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

hayesag wrote: Klopp will not drop Salah unless deemed absolutely necessary.
You didn't read what he said yesterday (as quoted above)? Fake news is it?
hayesag wrote:Klopp needs Salah on the pitch cos guess what, he is pretty much the only person that will get him a goal when he really needs one!
Who did the damage against Spurs then? It may have escaped your notice (or more likely you haven't even looked) but Salah was on the pitch for all but 57 minutes of Liverpool's poor run, when they scored 1 goal in 5 games (also scored by Mané). I doubt that Klopp would drop Salah if Mané is also out but if he's back that's another matter entirely. You may call that over-thinking; I call it thinking. Maybe you should try it sometime.
hayesag wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:
And you can keep your multiple LOLs for someone else, thanks. They are only a confirmation of your own complacency.

hayesag
Dumbledore

Post by hayesag »

DavidLloydIsAHero wrote: 01 Feb 2021, 15:26

Hasn't Salah been benched twice in the last few gameweeks? So Klopp will leave him out even when it wasn't necessary (he may have needed it for Palace but definitely not Burnley)

That was then. This is now. mistakes have been made and klopp will have learnt that without salah on the pitch to terrorise defences his team are toothless. Firmino is only good at providing goals and salah is good at finishing them. I expect klopp to also play the shaq if mane is not fully recovered in time. That guy more than proved his worth against hammers

There's more to it than you mention, Brighton have conceded 1 goal total in their last 4 games, City have beaten Burnley 5-0 multiple times in the last few matchups, albeit usually without Sterling.

not really (but your welcome to show me what im missing out on). liverpools home record against brighton more than speaks for itself. Liverpool have gotten over their mini wobble so nothing but goals will do

Previous results read:

30.11.19 PL Liverpool Brighton 2 : 1
25.08.18 PL Liverpool Brighton 1 : 0
13.05.18 PL Liverpool Brighton 4 : 0
19.02.12 FAC Liverpool Brighton 6 : 1

And as for the city mauling of burnley theory. This only happens at the Etihad.

games at burnley a lot closer than you think..

30.09.20 EFL Burnley Man City 0 : 3
03.12.19 PL Burnley Man City 1 : 4
28.04.19 PL Burnley Man City 0 : 1
03.02.18 PL Burnley Man City 1 : 1
26.11.16 PL Burnley Man City 1 : 2
14.03.15 PL Burnley Man City 1 : 0

If city go with jesus up top it will be a close game (my prediction) so will be interesting to see which team pep puts out. There is even a chance (have you considered this ruth nz) that pep keeps sterling on the bench with a view to the wknd game against Pool. Now that would really mess with a few peoples heads in here :twisted:

I'll probably bring captain Salah but it is far from certain until we get more info.

Dont think about it, just do it safe in the knowledge that the masses will do this out of FOMO if nothing else. Making salah captain will mean that you dont lose ground on your closest rivals at the very least

hayesag
Dumbledore

Post by hayesag »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 01 Feb 2021, 15:34
hayesag wrote:
You didn't read what he said yesterday (as quoted above)? Fake news is it?

Do you always believe everything that a manager tells you :roll:

You may call that over-thinking; I call it thinking. Maybe you should try it sometime. resorting to personal attacks now ruth. Oh deary me :roll:

And you can keep your multiple LOLs for someone else, thanks. They are only a confirmation of your own complacency.
Your right you dont deserve my lols. Your stubbornness to acknowledge other peoples views that you think less of will be your downfall. Good luck with your sterling pick Image

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

It took me less time to read the poll options than read the complaint and discussion about the poll options.

On this, each to his or her own. Prefer a different style? Get in first and set it up would be my solution

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

I really fancy Cancelo but, as suspected, Salah will be heavily captained. What's his record against Brighton? Their previous fixture, Brighton really frustrated Pool by playing long. Brighton in general are frustrating to captain against..

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

SirMattBugsby wrote: I really fancy Cancelo but, as suspected, Salah will be heavily captained. What's his record against Brighton?
viewtopic.php?f=99&t=123196&p=3502708#p3502708

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 01 Feb 2021, 20:21
SirMattBugsby wrote: I really fancy Cancelo but, as suspected, Salah will be heavily captained. What's his record against Brighton?
viewtopic.php?f=99&t=123196&p=3502708#p3502708
Well that's settled then.

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

Last game had Cancelo(c) Salah(V).
I'd switch it around, but my cup oppo has Cancelo & not Salah. so i'm sticking with Cancelo.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

What about Bruno? Southampton have a lot of injury problems and this fixture usually has goals..

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Mo(C) and Bruno(VC).

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Thank goodness there are so many poll options to choose from this week. I feel liberated.

Salah again for me.

Luxmonk
Treebeard

Post by Luxmonk »

Hopefully at least one of my picks will actually make it on to the pitch this time....

Mo (c) Raheem (vc).

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Cancelo (c) for me. Manipulating volatility. Probably incorrectly.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”