To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW 10 Transfers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Highlander12
FISOhead

Re: GW 10 Transfers

Post by Highlander12 »

Have a few options on my mind at the moment.

1) Son :arrow: KDB
The planned move with exact cash in the bank.

2)Werner :arrow: Brewster & Anguissa :arrow: KDB (-4)
Sacrificing Werner for KDB instead of Son but involves a hit and restructure Werner :arrow: Brewster & Anguissa :arrow: KDB (-4) - Would leave me with a midfield of Salah/KDB/Bruno/Son/Grealish :shock:

3) Werner :arrow: Vardy & Mitchell :arrow: Dias (-4)
Or there's the option of avoiding KDB which to me seems best 1 week option but I think KDB is the better mid/long term option over Vardy

Any ideas here?

SneakyOne
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Highest TFF finish 38th overall 2002 /03 won manager of the week twice. Regular top 1000. FPL Nothing great once top 10,000 (still learning!) Recently finished 75th in TFF World Cup with only one entry, was leading going into the knockouts!

Post by SneakyOne »

SneakyOne wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 18:01 I like my team but the set up is shocking for next GW. Really thinking of using my FH as I’ve taken enough hits already.

Otherwise I could do Rashford to Salah and Kane to Vardy/Aguero for -4
Have gone for the latter, swapping Rashford for Salah and Kane for Aguero, I hope Aguero doesn't sting me again for my faith in him!

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Highlander12 wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 10:09 Have a few options on my mind at the moment.

Sacrificing Werner for KDB instead of Son but involves a hit and restructure Werner :arrow: Brewster & Anguissa :arrow: KDB (-4) - Would leave me with a midfield of Salah/KDB/Bruno/Son/Grealish :shock:

Or there's the option of avoiding KDB which to me seems best 1 week option but I think KDB is the better mid/long term option over Vardy

Any ideas here?
go with option three, this is what I’m doing :)

Werner -> Vardy
Saiss -> Dias

Highlander12
FISOhead

Post by Highlander12 »

tarkens wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 15:28
Highlander12 wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 10:09 Have a few options on my mind at the moment.

Any ideas here?
go with option three, this is what I’m doing :)

Werner -> Vardy
Saiss -> Dias
It is very tempting, especially for this week. But I am drawn to get KDB in.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

SneakyOne wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 11:45
SneakyOne wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 18:01 I like my team but the set up is shocking for next GW. Really thinking of using my FH as I’ve taken enough hits already.

Have gone for the latter, swapping Rashford for Salah and Kane for Aguero, I hope Aguero doesn't sting me again for my faith in him!
I've kept him since we were talking about him in GW5? 6? :lol: :oops: Here's to hoping he will give us what we have been hoping for!

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

hancockjr wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 08:55
johnjoe107 wrote: 24 Nov 2020, 19:41 Worst start possible so I’m forced into low ownership to start climbing works league.
This week:
Son —-> Sterling
Barnes —-> Jota

Next week:
Brewster —-> Abraham

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s the worst possible tactic at this stage. Just get the most points you can, there will be lots of variation in other teams now and in the future - ignoring high ownership players in principle will just lose you even more points. Differentiate in April if you need to, it really is far far too early now.
Totally agree - crazy to try to differentiate at this stage of the season. "Just get the most points you can" is the only guideline you need to follow.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

what do you guys think, Son to Salah or Podence to Jota and keep Son?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

slyger wrote:what do you guys think, Son to Salah or Podence to Jota and keep Son?

Keep Son. Look to get Salah another way before Fulham.

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Nailer6245 wrote: 24 Nov 2020, 14:26
Bixer wrote: 24 Nov 2020, 13:57 Fortunately had the foresight to keep Salah.
For what it's worth, and I appreciate that this is certainly quite lucky, but the Salah -> Bruno transfer has ended up being absolutely worth it in most cases - to the point where foresight of actually knowing the outcome beforehand would have meant doing the transfer. :D

Even at the most costly scenario of transferring him out and right back in again for -8, Bruno's eleven pointer means you're still up on many of the common subs had you kept him, who scored 1-2 points. And added to this of course is the benefit of having had him as a captain (the main reason I got him), with another 9-10 points gained over some of the alternatives like Grealish, or James Rodriguez.
Agree in that it immediately paid off, but also disagree as for many that’s 2 valuable transfers locked in when there are other issues to address, or for others it means now taking
the risk of going without Salah altogether.

I suppose only time will tell if Bruno can match, or even outscore Salah going forward, but personally even if I knew in advance Bruno would score 11 last weekend, I wouldn’t have transferred Salah out for him.

Though in my case that bias is partly because I captained DCL so didn’t feel like I lost out!

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

There seems to be quite some love for Jota this week. Understandably in general, because he has scored every home game. But an early kick-off in Brighton on Saturday after what seems a pretty tough game tonight - admittedly he only plays in the second half - does not make him an obvious choice.

I am also looking for a Zaha replacement, or alternatively for a cs defender with attacking potential. But I cannot make up my mind so far: as defenders Cancelo, Dias or even Mendy appeal, whilst as Zaha replacement Coufal , Foden, Barnes (Lei) or Maddison would be of interest.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

eastcentral1 wrote:
slyger wrote:what do you guys think, Son to Salah or Podence to Jota and keep Son?

Keep Son. Look to get Salah another way before Fulham.
if i keep Son i dont have a means of doing that outside of dropping KDB or Bruno. i already brought in Vardy gor Jimi which is why i thought Jota might be a good compromise

SneakyOne
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Highest TFF finish 38th overall 2002 /03 won manager of the week twice. Regular top 1000. FPL Nothing great once top 10,000 (still learning!) Recently finished 75th in TFF World Cup with only one entry, was leading going into the knockouts!

Post by SneakyOne »

From4corners wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 17:58
SneakyOne wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 11:45

I've kept him since we were talking about him in GW5? 6? :lol: :oops: Here's to hoping he will give us what we have been hoping for!
Wow! That is some serious resisting of a kneejerk, knowing that makes me feel better because surely you will be rewarded. I'm also giving him the armband, with Aguero its all or nothing!

Though he has just lost his father in law and Grandfather to his child, hopefully it gives him some fire in belly. May the fpl Gods be with us :D

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thekitkatshuffler »

Reguilon :arrow: Cancelo

goooner
Red & Blue Braces

Post by goooner »

I just think Cancelo will Get rested.
Played everything since GW5 +
CL and all International games for Portugal.

Walker rest in midweek and cancelo on RB. Maybe pep will try Walker + Mendy - we dont know. But understandable if Cabcelo gets a rest gw10 or gw11.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

SneakyOne wrote: 26 Nov 2020, 11:46 Wow! That is some serious resisting of a kneejerk, knowing that makes me feel better because surely you will be rewarded. I'm also giving him the armband, with Aguero its all or nothing!

Though he has just lost his father in law and Grandfather to his child, hopefully it gives him some fire in belly. May the fpl Gods be with us :D
:D
Pope out might make me captain him as well, was all set on Bruno but this might be a better and more rewarding choice! Then again, form is what counts for me for captaincy.
Maradona isn't his father in law anymore, but yes.

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

Currently
Martinez - (Steer)
Robertson - Chilwell - Zouma - (Kilman) - (Mitchell)
Son - Ziyech - Rodriguez - Grealish - (Bissouma)
Kane - Vardy - Calvert-Lewin

With just 0.1 in the bank, I don't see any single transfers I want to do, so I'm contemplating a possible triple with a switch from 3-4-3 to 4-4-2: Mitchell, Rodriguez, Kane :arrow: Dias, KDB, Brewster

Or just carrying over a transfer!

zalk
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 2197

Post by zalk »

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

zalk wrote:Digne out for two months.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ent-injury
Price fall this season=haul
Price rise=injury

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

Plan was kdb, vardy and city defender in for kane, rashford, saiss but zaha out has scuppered that plan.

Looking at kane to vardy, rashford to kdb and Zaha to any of grealish/james/ziyech etc for - 8.

Unfortunately means I'd need to play Taylor away to city. I have 2.5m in the bank. Any advice appreciated. Image

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Zaha :arrow: Ziyech
Zouma :arrow: Justin (-4)

Hopefully this is the last gw with a hit. Far too many this season. :roll: :evil:

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Should I do Mane -> KDB/sterling ?

Every man and his dog saying mane needs a rest.

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

carver wrote: 27 Nov 2020, 11:54 Should I do Mane -> KDB/sterling ?

You played your wc last week, and you obviously must have thought that Mane was the right player for you. I would only go for KDB or Sterling, if you are convinced that ManCity will score big against Burnley and Fulham. Some people are in doubt. I got KDB in last week, because I expect them to find their shooting boots again.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Lucky wrote: 27 Nov 2020, 11:58
carver wrote: 27 Nov 2020, 11:54 Should I do Mane -> KDB/sterling ?

You played your wc last week, and you obviously must have thought that Mane was the right player for you. I would only go for KDB or Sterling, if you are convinced that ManCity will score big against Burnley and Fulham. Some people are in doubt. I got KDB in last week, because I expect them to find their shooting boots again.
Yeah mane was a panic buy I guess . Didn’t fancy city at spurs and so wanted to pinch a few points. Regretting that now .

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Jimenez :arrow: Vardy
Zaha :arrow: Jota

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

Notned wrote: 27 Nov 2020, 13:50 Jimenez :arrow: Vardy
Zaha :arrow: Jota
do you have Salah as well? I'm still torn between Podence to Jota or Son to Salah!

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

Kane :arrow: Vardy
Rashford :arrow: KDB
Zaha :arrow: someone (-8)

Thinking Jota looks like the best option in terms of a Zaha replacement this week but I feel like next week I'd probably rather have Ziyech or Grealish.

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

For the first time this reason I am going to roll!

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

jacksosi wrote: 23 Nov 2020, 21:21 Probably Reguilon :arrow: Dias / Cancelo
Reguilon :arrow: Dias done

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thekitkatshuffler »

goooner wrote: 26 Nov 2020, 17:36 I just think Cancelo will Get rested.
Played everything since GW5 +
CL and all International games for Portugal.

Walker rest in midweek and cancelo on RB. Maybe pep will try Walker + Mendy - we dont know. But understandable if Cabcelo gets a rest gw10 or gw11.
Very possible that he'll get a rest but I'm buying him for the long haul, so won't mind having to use my bench this week if he's rotated.

Especially as there should be a 4.0m Everton defender I can bring in to give me even more depth from the bench next week.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Podence :arrow: Jota
Jimenez :arrow: Vardy

Not sold on Vardy, but Jimenez needs to go, and Vardy has great fixtures over the next few.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”