To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Kane and Son, GW9 and beyond

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Which of the gun Spurs attackers will you hold through GW9?

Poll ended at 22 Nov 2020, 09:29

Kane
19%
Son
25%
Both
35%
Neither
22%

Total votes: 81

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Kane and Son, GW9 and beyond

Post by Fuzzy »

Spurs fixture run holds until GW8, but from then they have MCY, che, ARS, cpl, liv, LEI, wol.

Uninspiring performances from the rest of the so-called "big 6", the Aguero problem, etc, etc, all contribute to the dilemma.

I know it's a little way off, but what are people's thoughts?

(Many will have other problems that need solving first, and moving these guys in and out may not be a one transfer maneouvre, so perhaps it's not that far off after all?)

The poll is set to allow revoting (if I have done it right :roll: ), so it may also be interesting to see how the tide shifts over the next couple of gameweeks.

(An injury to one or both makes this a pointless exercise, but still... )

gaz1882
Treebeard

Re: Kane and Son, GW9 and beyond

Post by gaz1882 »

Son and Kane will score regardless of opposition imo, as hardly any defences are keeping clean sheets.
I’d certainly avoid any other Spurs players though as their squad is pretty decent for rotation now.

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fuzzy »

For me, I expect to keep Son. From memory, his record against the top 6 is not so bad, and not massively behind Kane's (but clearly not as good as his record against the rest).

Harry to become KDB, but it will take some transfer mastery (or annoying points hits) to achieve it.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

It’s a difficult call. Considering the general lack of defence I don’t really know what a good/bad fixture is at the moment.

I can see blanks against Brighton (It’s the kind of game where you captain Kane for a 2-pointer) and underwhelming returns v West Brom but wouldn’t rule out hauls in the next three. I only have Son at the moment but have the funds to get Kane for Jimenez which is a fine call at the minute.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Im swapping them both out for Martial and Bruno and then upgrading Zaha to KDB to play alongside Sterling.

Will maybe hold onto my Manchester players then until after there upcoming DGW’s

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

It's not just that Kane & Son's fixtures turn it is that Man City's become incredibly attractive for a number of weeks. Whilst others have shorter bursts of good fixtures. My current plan is to lose both, although that seems pretty risky at the moment so I may go another direction.

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Tentatively looking at Kane and Stephens to Brewster and KDB or Sterling, possibly via Bruno in GW9 if I have a spare transfer. I think Son will stay for me given his ability to get in behind the defences of big 6 opponents, and his value I have locked up (purchased at £9.0m).

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

Have both now, but injuries allowing will probably swap Kane for Aguero/Vardy in 10, and bring him back 13/14

Caf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mostly 250k finishes!

Post by Caf »

'Keep Son and lose Kane' is 100% my plan right now. As a default, I'll move the funds into midfield and get KDB, though it does depend on who's fit at that point!

chiplesschaps
Treebeard

Post by chiplesschaps »

LEI's fixtures from GW10-12 is super tasty with FUL, SHU & BHA. Kane > Vardy could be the move to make isn't it?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

chiplesschaps wrote: 29 Oct 2020, 14:19 LEI's fixtures from GW10-12 is super tasty with FUL, SHU & BHA. Kane > Vardy could be the move to make isn't it?
Well I think I'd probably prefer to keep Kane if I had him, especially with value tied up.

Now Aguero at GW10 is a different prospect...I may be on Sterling instead though.

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thekitkatshuffler »

Tempted to keep both with how poor defences are this season, but probably keep Son, go for a heavy downgrade to Kane and use the funds to upgrade Trossard to Mané.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Fuzzy wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 09:45 Harry to become KDB, but it will take some transfer mastery (or annoying points hits) to achieve it.
This is essentially my plan
Something along the lines of TAA, Havertz and Kane to <Defender>, KDB and possibly Werner. To achieve this I am likely to hold this week and then consider who the defender would be

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fuzzy »

As of midnight (near enough), the split was:
9% Kane
44% Son
35% Both
12% Neither

(43 votes cast)

With one further Gameweek of “evidence” (for the main protagonists and their alternatives), shifting priorities in other parts of squads, and all those other factors that come into play, I wonder whether the balance will start to tip?

(Revoting is allowed)

I am wavering over whether to keep Son now. Jesus and Vardy’s fitness status will swing it for me.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Keeping both for now. Both are class players capable of scoring against anyone, and defending appears to be a bit of a thing of the past so far this season anyway.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Son to Bruno
Kane to Martial

Sticking to the plan and the last 2 GW’s i think Kane and Son have looked really poor and had nothing created for them at all.

There not heading into tougher fixtures and its only because Man Utd fixtures are more favourable im moving to them, as they also look quite poor at moment

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

After a Son blank and a late goal in what looked like a 0-0 in the game before that, and with Man City and Chelsea improving defensively....I am a bit concerned of a slowdown.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

That's why we all have to jump on the Bale train.

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Gonna hold no Spurs assets come GW10. Likely GW9 already.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I am in no rush to get rid of either of them right now, but if I get rid of one for GW8 it will likely be Son for Bruno (given Bruno's GW9 fixture).

One of the things making me lean towards holding them is Man City's form right now. They used to be good for scoring lots of goals. But there is something wrong with them this season. The last time they scored more than 1 goal was in GW2 (when they scored 2 goals in a thrashing to Leicester). That's 5 games on the trot where they have failed to score more than 1 goal. I don't remember such a period in Pep's reign. So this rush to get on to Man City for their fixture swing seems more to do with our memory of how Man City can play, rather than how they are currently playing.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Definitely keeping Kane long term, injuries permitting. Can score against anyone, and score well at that. Holding Son this week and then will re-assess. In no rush to lose him either, but view him as the more expendable of the two.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

eastcentral1 wrote: 10 Nov 2020, 12:51 I am in no rush to get rid of either of them right now, but if I get rid of one for GW8 it will likely be Son for Bruno (given Bruno's GW9 fixture).

One of the things making me lean towards holding them is Man City's form right now. They used to be good for scoring lots of goals. But there is something wrong with them this season. The last time they scored more than 1 goal was in GW2 (when they scored 2 goals in a thrashing to Leicester). That's 5 games on the trot where they have failed to score more than 1 goal. I don't remember such a period in Pep's reign. So this rush to get on to Man City for their fixture swing seems more to do with our memory of how Man City can play, rather than how they are currently playing.
9 CL goals in 3 games stand in sharp contrast to their league form, suggests to me that it is only a matter of time before the goals start flowing. Having said that, they do seem to have lost their mojo somewhat. On balance, it feels it is more risky to go without than to climb on board.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: 10 Nov 2020, 17:49 9 CL goals in 3 games stand in sharp contrast to their league form, suggests to me that it is only a matter of time before the goals start flowing. Having said that, they do seem to have lost their mojo somewhat. On balance, it feels it is more risky to go without than to climb on board.
Yeah it's quite an easy one I think. Just get one Man C attacker, probably KDB for Son and then you have a captain just in case they fire a few past someone. I don't think it's worth removing Kane who's on great form this year - I see any move taking him out to fund another premium as a little sideways, even considering fixtures.

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fuzzy »

Fuzzy wrote: 02 Nov 2020, 00:51 As of midnight (near enough), the split was:
9% Kane
44% Son
35% Both
12% Neither

(43 votes cast)
Planting this here before I forget. The numbers above were at the end of GW7. Coming out of GW8, it had shifted a little, to:
9% Kane
40% Son
31% Both
21% Neither

(58 votes cast)

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fuzzy »

(I'm in the neither bucket. It's not only about the Man City alternatives. I will have replaced them with Vardy and Bruno for GW9 with cash held to turn Bruno into KDB when and if I want to. I may be proven wrong, but I think there is more potential upside to be gained over at least the next 5 gameweeks by looking elsewhere.)

Javahart
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Not troubling the leaders

Post by Javahart »

Holding both as Salah has forced change. Son to go next week (possibly).

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Keeping both. Will be very satisfying if they get points against City. And really I can't pick replacements right now.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Owsler wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 19:19 Keeping both. Will be very satisfying if they get points against City. And really I can't pick replacements right now.
Weren't we saying just a little while back that Son was a season keeper at his price? And Kane's stats this season are probably the most impressive of all attackers.

I feel this is where a zombie team often 'wins': it doesn't take out good assets for the sake of fixtures. This is why I'm seriously considering a strategy where I HOHO the third premium spot (vacated by Salah) for captaincy.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Son could do well, but a blank against WBA and Brighton back to back is not ideal.

Im happy ive replaced him with Ziyech and got extra funds, although swapping Kane next week for Vardy will be harder to do as his has literally contributed in every game barring the GW1

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

In the end I did the rather conservative move of keeping Kane and replacing Son.

He can always come back again if he is a good boy. :mrgreen:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”