To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW3 Wildcard

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Re: GW3 Wildcard

Post by RomynPG »

Tony Towners Tache wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 12:37 Haven't posted for a long long time on here, enjoyed that.
Not posting or posting again?

I thought I hadn't seen that avatar for a while - big child fan of Mr Phooey so I noticed - so welcome back.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

reid91 wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 13:55
Last season Wood was number 7 on the list of NPxG+xA per 90 min ahead of guys like Rashford, Vardy, Martial, Jimenez, Auba, Ings and Kane. I really like him for te next 3 and reserving that spot for Watkins for GW6.
Seems odd to use NP xG without then adjusting back for penalties they are likely to have?

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 12:58
The Toon Man wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 09:16 Triggered last night after watching City. They looked electric first half and i'd expect that to continue longer into games as fitness builds up.

Martinez (Steer)
Trent Robbo Digne Saiss (Ferguson)
Salah KDB Foden Podence (Anguissa)
Jimenez DCL (Che Adams)

My preferred 442 with a stronger first sub in Adams, to cover those Foden no shows from Pep roulette.
There’s a lot to like about this
Not super keen on Adams on your bench and would prefer a different solution - but that might be replacing Anguissa with a more certain starter... and that’d mean 3 lower priced midfielders...at which point I see why you’ve gone for Che!
Hmm what sort of player over Che? Anguissa could easily be McCarthy/Bissouma/Reed just to tick along the 2 pointers. Hoping i won't need my 2nd sub most weeks!

reid91
Kevin and Perry

Post by reid91 »

hancockjr wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 17:14
Last season Wood was number 7 on the list of NPxG+xA per 90 min ahead of guys like Rashford, Vardy, Martial, Jimenez, Auba, Ings and Kane. I really like him for te next 3 and reserving that spot for Watkins for GW6.
Seems odd to use NP xG without then adjusting back for penalties they are likely to have?
Maybe, but he is still number 9 on the list on xG+xA per 90min ahead of Auba, Martial, DCL, Son, Kane and Ings.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

reid91 wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 17:23
Maybe, but he is still number 9 on the list on xG+xA per 90min ahead of Auba, Martial, DCL, Son, Kane and Ings.
My worry with that would be why did the rest score more points than him then? Suggests wasteful?

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

The Toon Man wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 17:25
My worry with that would be why did the rest score more points than him then? Suggests wasteful?
He even outscored pukki 😂

reid91
Kevin and Perry

Post by reid91 »

It does. But I see him as a good punt when he has Southampton, Newcastle and WBA the next 3 and then going for someone else in the 6-6.5 million price range.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

The Toon Man wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 17:20
The Toon Man wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 09:16 Triggered last night after watching City. They looked electric first half and i'd expect that to continue longer into games as fitness builds up.

Martinez (Steer)
Jimenez DCL (Che Adams)

My preferred 442 with a stronger first sub in Adams, to cover those Foden no shows from Pep roulette.
Not super keen on Adams on your bench and would prefer a different solution - but that might be replacing Anguissa with a more certain starter... and that’d mean 3 lower priced midfielders...at which point I see why you’ve gone for Che!
Hmm what sort of player over Che? Anguissa could easily be McCarthy/Bissouma/Reed just to tick along the 2 pointers. Hoping i won't need my 2nd sub most weeks!
Ah, well, that would involve me having thought through my team rather than looking for the good bits in everyone else’s.
I’ve been on Brewster anticipating a switch to Palace/Blades. One of my decisions is whether to stick with him in a 443/352, or go to 3 up top. Not got there yet!

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 17:32
The Toon Man wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 17:20

Martinez (Steer)
Jimenez DCL (Che Adams)

Ah, well, that would involve me having thought through my team rather than looking for the good bits in everyone else’s.
I’ve been on Brewster anticipating a switch to Palace/Blades. One of my decisions is whether to stick with him in a 443/352, or go to 3 up top. Not got there yet!
Similar boat if I decide to WC versus taking an 8pt hit. I don't know enough about Brewster but is he likely to start if he does get a move to either team? How's your draft looking?

Yard of Grass
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 32nd TFF 2014-15 (Single entrant)

Post by Yard of Grass »

RomynPG wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 17:04
Tony Towners Tache wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 12:37 Haven't posted for a long long time on here, enjoyed that.
Not posting or posting again?

I thought I hadn't seen that avatar for a while - big child fan of Mr Phooey so I noticed - so welcome back.

Henry the mild mannered janitor.......

Currently on
Martinez/Nyland
Robertson/Gomez/Marcal/Taylor/KWP
KDB/Foden/Rodriguez/Podence/Anguissa
Kane/Jimenez/Werner

Front 3 compromises the midfield slightly but all have excellent upcoming fixtures.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

@slyger - I’ll post something once I have had a play around. So far I only got around to triggering the wildcard at 11.30 last night, ditching potential fallers and bringing in risers. Not much else

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 17:52 @slyger - I’ll post something once I have had a play around. So far I only got around to triggering the wildcard at 11.30 last night, ditching potential fallers and bringing in risers. Not much else
Good shout! I wish I had done that I think in hindsight. Playing around with it now I'm .1 off of getting in Saiss and lost .1 on Son as well if I bring him back in after ditching him for Bruno (ugh). It looks like a bunch of other players I'm interested in could rise tonight so I'm leaning towards activating it.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Missed a few games with injuries and doesn't tend to get many bonus points as Pope and the defenders hoover them up.

Highlander12
FISOhead

Post by Highlander12 »

After taking a -8, I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Hate taking big points hits this early. Really tempted to attack it and go triple City attack.

Post restart, they have averaged 3.36 goals a game in the league. Include a 2-1 loss to Chelsea and 1-0 loss to Southampton. Bare in mind they were basically playing for nothing and were rotating for the FA cup and Champions League, I can't see this regressing. I think the empty stadiums suit them, just comes down to who can play the best football. Considering the above, currently on:

Martinez/Steer
TAA/Saiss/James/Lamptey/C.Taylor
Salah/KDB/Foden/Podence/Anguissa
Jesus/Jimenez/DCL

Jesus v Werner is the main head scratcher.

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

slyger wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 17:03 For those going with Reece James, is he not at risk of being dropped once Silva and Chillwell are fit?
Threat to James is Azpilicueta who was fit on Sunday and didn't play ahead of him so whilst still a threat I think less than we thought at the start of the year.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

Highlander12 wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 18:40 After taking a -8, I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Hate taking big points hits this early. Really tempted to attack it and go triple City attack.

Post restart, they have averaged 3.36 goals a game in the league. Include a 2-1 loss to Chelsea and 1-0 loss to Southampton. Bare in mind they were basically playing for nothing and were rotating for the FA cup and Champions League, I can't see this regressing. I think the empty stadiums suit them, just comes down to who can play the best football. Considering the above, currently on:

Martinez/Steer
Jesus/Jimenez/DCL

so you think Jesus or Werner outscore Son?

Highlander12
FISOhead

Post by Highlander12 »

slyger wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 18:53
Highlander12 wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 18:40 After taking a -8, I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Hate taking big points hits this early. Really tempted to attack it and go triple City attack.

Martinez/Steer
Jesus/Jimenez/DCL

Tough one. I definitely trust Man City and probably Chelsea more than Spurs, Werner a still a bit unknown. Think Son will score well and consistently, definitely think the Saints game was a freak game. I could still include Son but may give it a couple of games and if he looks a must can always switch to a 3-5-2 after united game. So many Forward options though think I prefer the 3-4-3 set up. With a wildcard I want to be a bit aggresive and the triple City could be a great differential in the short term.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

Highlander12 wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 20:08

Martinez/Steer
Jesus/Jimenez/DCL

Tough one. I definitely trust Man City and probably Chelsea more than Spurs, Werner a still a bit unknown. Think Son will score well and consistently, definitely think the Saints game was a freak game. I could still include Son but may give it a couple of games and if he looks a must can always switch to a 3-5-2 after united game. So many Forward options though think I prefer the 3-4-3 set up. With a wildcard I want to be a bit aggresive and the triple City could be a great differential in the short term.
Don't get me wrong, I like the City triple but I feel like Foden and Jesus are both rotation risks. You do have decent bench cover that should at least play so maybe that's not as big a deal. It's probably safer than going with Brewster as a 4.5 forward. I've got much of the same rest of the players except James and Saiss having missed their rises. I have Digne and most likely will go with Vinagre or Marcal depending on injury news. You've def given me something to think about at least.

Highlander12
FISOhead

Post by Highlander12 »

slyger wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 21:39
Highlander12 wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 20:08

Martinez/Steer
Jesus/Jimenez/DCL

Don't get me wrong, I like the City triple but I feel like Foden and Jesus are both rotation risks. You do have decent bench cover that should at least play so maybe that's not as big a deal. It's probably safer than going with Brewster as a 4.5 forward. I've got much of the same rest of the players except James and Saiss having missed their rises. I have Digne and most likely will go with Vinagre or Marcal depending on injury news. You've def given me something to think about at least.
Agree about Foden, happy with Lamptey/C.Taylor to come in when needed. Happy to take the risk at 6.5m, to me he’s a 9m+ asset when starting. Feel like Jesus is nailed whilst Aguero is out, barely missed a game in the restart. But to be honest, don’t see much between Son/Jesus/Werner...just fancy a punt.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Sammy the Crab wrote: 21 Sep 2020, 22:12 My team is very similar but I cannot understand the love for Martinez. I can't see a Villa clean sheet for some time.

Fulham A, Liverpool H, Leicester A, Leeds H, Southampton H, Arsenal A

From GW9 it gets better but that's a long time to wait.
Can anyone make a strong case for Martinez or are people picking him because he's the highest scoring 4.5 keeper due to the penalty save?

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Sammy the Crab wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 23:16
Sammy the Crab wrote: 21 Sep 2020, 22:12 My team is very similar but I cannot understand the love for Martinez. I can't see a Villa clean sheet for some time.

Fulham A, Liverpool H, Leicester A, Leeds H, Southampton H, Arsenal A

From GW9 it gets better but that's a long time to wait.
Can anyone make a strong case for Martinez or are people picking him because he's the highest scoring 4.5 keeper due to the penalty save?
For me it was his performances for Arsenal post-lockdown. He’s a good keeper.
And with keepers scoring many of their points from saves when playing against the better teams that’s why I am considering him
As I said above I haven't started to analyse options yet and I am not sure if he’ll be in my team at the end of the week but they’re a couple of reasons to consider him

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

First draft
9A2316A4-6416-4FC4-B7CA-44E130EAF79C.jpeg
Currently £0.1m short but if Werner drops as expected it is just within budget
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 23 Sep 2020, 00:23 First draft
No Everton assets? Greenwood is an interesting option I haven't seen in any other draft team. What's the reasoning? Also, Nyland didn't make the bench in Villa's first game. Is there something I don't know that makes him a good 4 buck candidate?

superdarts
Kevin and Perry

Post by superdarts »

All,

Any comments on my much needed WC reshuffle? $1m in the bank.

Issues -
Not convinced on Podence minutes on the park long term
Foden for Traore? Foden also comes with the rotation risk
Leicester have City this weekend
Not taking advantage of Chelsea's upcoming run of fixtures
Any chance of Wolves being postponed this weekend?

Comments / suggestions appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

slyger wrote: 23 Sep 2020, 00:47
No Everton assets? Greenwood is an interesting option I haven't seen in any other draft team. What's the reasoning? Also, Nyland didn't make the bench in Villa's first game. Is there something I don't know that makes him a good 4 buck candidate?
The absence of Everton is a weakness. Just before posting I switched DCL out for Werner for his plum fixture this weekend. That required a keeper downgrade from Guaita so I popped Nyland in as a £4m placeholder.

Greenwood was lively when he came on in the Cup game against Luton Scoring a goal and assist. He was Hamez Rod. I’m not sure who is the better option to be honest.

Highlander12
FISOhead

Post by Highlander12 »

I've just come up with this...a Salahless 3-5-2 draft and I don't hate it at all.

Martinez/Steer
TAA/Robertson/Saiss/Lamptey/Mitchell
Sterling/KDB/Foden/Greenwood/Podence
Werner/DCL/Brewster

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

After thinking I didn't need to hit the button (x 132 points so not too bad a start) I'm starting to get an itchy trigger finger!

Should I WC this squad:

McCarthy / Button
TAA / Digne / Dier / Lewis / Taylor (Burnley)
Salah / KDB / Rodriguez / Soucek / Burke
Martial / DLC / Wilson

Doesn't look too bad, but I want to change McCarthy, Dier, Lewis, Soucek, Burke (maybe) Martial, Wilson.

That's six players, (seven with Burke) so basically around half the squad! just thinking it's better to correct it now rather than chip away at it over the next few weeks.

Bolded players I would likely keep on WC.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

I like this team, before we got the GW1 blanks confirmed my midfield was Salah/KDB/Greenwood/Foden.

Like the Sakho pick too, CP looked very strong at the back and good fixtures, I was looking at the keeper but Sakho cheaper so may consider him.

I'd prefer Taylor at Burnley to Justin, I know Leicester beat them well but over the coming weeks I think the Burnley defence will be stronger.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

slyger wrote: 23 Sep 2020, 00:47
Actually I am considering Greenwood over Rodriguez. His goal in the cup showed his class. He has been the best finisher at that club for a few years now and he has the high confidence and dribbling ability as the foundation.

I have 1.5m in the bank for Doherty to Trent for GW4 if Liverpool look solid again. I'm not giving up on Havertz & Werner. They get joked about on the internet but most people didn't watch their link up play along with Mount. The only problem was Werner's finishing and that is not new at all. He has always been that way. Pulisic and Ziyech are due back soon as well. This lot are going to get goals.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 17:52 @slyger - I’ll post something once I have had a play around. So far I only got around to triggering the wildcard at 11.30 last night, ditching potential fallers and bringing in risers. Not much else
Pi55ed?

Or am I judging others by my own standards again 😂😂

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”