To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Righting the wrongs

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Righting the wrongs

Post by Hotstepper »

Thought it could be useful to open a discussion about the mistakes some of us made with our GW1 squads and put forward how we intend to fix them, how quickly and invite any advice.

My opening squad had Pulisic, Batshuyai and Mitrovic, none of which started for their clubs. All look good value to me but only if they're playing of course. Pulisic was always a possibility not to start GW1 but not being in the squad makes me nervous. Mitrovic was bought assuming guaranteed starts which apparently isn't the case. Batsbuyai will probably be eased in and was just a bad idea to start the season with him.

Would like to move two of them out but have reservations whether a GW2 - 4 is knee jerk. Considering:

Batshuyai & Mitrovic > Bamford & Wilson (EDIT Bamford rose last night so that's the end of that) , or
Batshuyai & Pulisic > Rodriguez & Wilson/Bamford/DCL, or
A simple Batshuyai > Bamford

Talk me down, tell me to jump & share your own repair dilemmas.

Geri
Red & Blue Braces

Re: Righting the wrongs

Post by Geri »

I actually thought Mitro's place is still guaranteed. As I have understood, he didnt play because he didnt train with the team as he was with Serbia for the internationals. And as he was playing against Arsenal I wasnt expecting much more than 2pts anyway. His next fixtures are great and I expect him starting in all of them so Im not planning to sell.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Agree that Mitro will start

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Batshuayi May be eased in but if he’s starting by GW5 then I’d keep him which is what I’m going to do. Mitro will also come good, or as good as he’s likely to be.

I have Saliba and Burke to go alongside Bat. None can be moved for a City/United player so that takes priority I would say.

johnF
Grumpy Old Man

Post by johnF »

Geri wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 10:34 I actually thought Mitro's place is still guaranteed. As I have understood, he didnt play because he didnt train with the team as he was with Serbia for the internationals. And as he was playing against Arsenal I wasnt expecting much more than 2pts anyway. His next fixtures are great and I expect him starting in all of them so Im not planning to sell.
Agreed. I have Mitrovic and am keeping him for now. As you say he didn't play the full 90 minutes due to returning from International duty. He's got a couple of easy(ish) games coming up (Leeds and Villa) so I'm going to see how he gets on in those.

There generally seems to be an awful lot of knee jerking going on after just one week. If your players are injured or look uncertain to start then fair enough but just because they didn't score or assist in GW1 doesn't seem a valid reason to transfer them out IMO. I think you need to give them at least 2 or 3 weeks to prove themselves.

Also I won't be panicking to try to get in loads of City and Utd players for next week. I'll probably wait a week, see how they line up and perform in GW2 and then maybe do a couple of transfers for GW3.

Taff Murray
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO 5AS FA Cup Winner 2016/17, FISO 5AS Champions League Winner 2018/19 Best FPL Pos 11/12 - 9959th

Post by Taff Murray »

The only mistake I made was having a full starting XI on the pitch when I see all the scores rising on others teams from bench players coming in. :roll: :lol:

Actually I tell a lie I made two mistakes. The second was putting my trust in Mourinho to put out a side that can play football. Spurs were so woeful that Kane & Doherty will be the first on the chopping block. I am just unsure which order to axe them in without taking too big a hit.

Doherty :arrow: Digne
Kane :arrow: :?:
Soucek :arrow: Rashford

But with Werner now flagged I might have to delay any move to get Kane out until he is back and I can only get Rashford in by axing Kane. :cry:

johnF
Grumpy Old Man

Post by johnF »

Doherty started and appeared to be getting forward quite a bit and almost scored didn't he? (from what I remember from MOTD).

I think if I already had him I'd keep him for now and hope that Spurs can sort their act out.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Southampton (McCarthy, Ings), Liverpool's defence (TAA, VVD), ASM and Maupay didn't look all that great in GW1. All of them have good fixtures in the near future though. So despite price changes being a worry, I think I'll hold for another week or two.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

johnF wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 15:50 Doherty started and appeared to be getting forward quite a bit and almost scored didn't he? (from what I remember from MOTD).

I think if I already had him I'd keep him for now and hope that Spurs can sort their act out.
Doherty had the best chance of the game actually only kept out by a fine save. He played a primarily very attacking position which allowed Richarlson a ton of space since he clearly didn't have the fitness levels yet to run both sides of the pitch. With all that said, who knows what Jose ends up doing for the next game. Spurs looked absolutely terrible, uninterested, and lazy (Jose's words). I had planned on getting rid of Doherty to fund Bruno in for Son but decided against it for now since Spurs do have decent fixtures.

Aardvark
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Aardvark »

Pretty happy with week one. I have Mitrovic and will hang on to him for now as I think he will be decent value over the next couple of games. I have taken Son out for Greenwood freeing up some cash for future changes - even though Spurs have a good run of fixtures, having seen them against Everton I’m not convinced they’ll fare well even against some of the less fancied teams.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Having both Lloris & Doherty, Spurs performance was the most disappointing part of the GW, oh that and Bednarek being substituted on 50 odd mins (a decision which seemed to surprise Saints fans). Will certainly give Spurs another week, Bednarek might not be so lucky.

zalk
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 2197

Post by zalk »

Azpilicueta and Mitro were non starters and Werner now yellow flagged. Leaning towards Azpi -> Maguire, AWB or Davies.

Spurs only conceeded once to a pretty convincing Everton, on a set piece. The next 6 out of 7 games are against "easier" teams, so I'm interested in a spurs defender.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Definite problems
Periera - good player for fpl but simply in the wrong team WBA look so weak. The upside is I’m only 0.5 from Foden .

Possible problems
Mitrovic - as per Perieira playing in a weak team . But maybe they missed his presence and will improve when he comes back
Doherty - Ancellotti had mourinhos pants down tactically and may have to rethink leaving Doherty so high up the pitch . For all auriers perceived faults defensively he was a much better athlete . Doherty is great fpl player but if spurs don’t keep the clean sheets he will be no good.
Saint-Maximin - Don't like him in a 4-4-2 like newcastle were on Saturday. Hoping they go back to front 3 .
Zaha - Looks a fantastic pick in the new look 4-4-2 . But will he move back for batshuiyi ?
Werner - Chelsea looked disjointed for me . 9.5m might be too expensive for him.

Stena Bib
FISOhead
FS Record: Finished 530 FPL 2018/19

Post by Stena Bib »

zalk wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 18:34 Azpilicueta and Mitro were non starters and Werner now yellow flagged. Leaning towards Azpi -> Maguire, AWB or Davies.

Spurs only conceeded once to a pretty convincing Everton, on a set piece. The next 6 out of 7 games are against "easier" teams, so I'm interested in a spurs defender.
Good call, that's why i'm giving Son more time.

eagle224
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Veteran

Post by eagle224 »

Stena Bib wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 19:32
zalk wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 18:34 Azpilicueta and Mitro were non starters and Werner now yellow flagged. Leaning towards Azpi -> Maguire, AWB or Davies.

Good call, that's why i'm giving Son more time.
Likewise, keeping Son but I've gone Kane :arrow: Jesus as I can't see Kane's supply improving quickly.

My only other problem was Austin, but that was an easy decision :arrow: Bamford.

mrbirtakim
Wideboy
FS Record: Excellent

Post by mrbirtakim »

Have 3 to sort out - Alli, Batshuayi, Vinagre. All three can fall before next gw - Alli most likely, other two bit less so.

With no money itb can only downgrade! Alli to Hamez Rod, or Greenwood. Long term I want one of the 8.5m Chelsea boys in that slot but Havertz seemed too deep and Pulisic injured, so that will have to wait for some time.
Bats not featuring at all could be a lot more bothering if I didn't have Digne first on bench. He played 90 mins tonight v Bournemouth: no shots, no key passes, just 7 successful passes out of 14 in 90 mins. Don't expect him to start any time soon, he's ineligible on GW4 v Chelsea anyways so unless I act now he's a 6m bench warmer for me for another month.
Vinagre I can tolerate more than the others, wasn't planning to play him till GW4 anyways. Issue with him is that his cover is Mitchell and Burke, so he's got to go before GW4.

It's a shame that I had Hamez Rod, Watkins, Saiss in the place of these before GW1, and it looks like I want to go back to them. Watkins scored against a second string ManU (friendly) last weekend, and against Burton Albion today. Under the radar but I expect him to be more involved in the conversation soon. And it might be the WC time for me, can't have this many stinkers after GW1, not with a transfer pencilled in (Auba > Sterling) for next week. Will sleep on it though.

mrbirtakim
Wideboy
FS Record: Excellent

Post by mrbirtakim »

mrbirtakim wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 22:16 Have 3 to sort out - Alli, Batshuayi, Vinagre. All three can fall before next gw - Alli most likely, other two bit less so.
And it might be the WC time for me, can't have this many stinkers after GW1, not with a transfer pencilled in (Auba > Sterling) for next week. Will sleep on it though.
Slept on it and ended up shelving the WC idea and taking a hit to get Hamez Rod, Watkins for Alli, Batshuayi. Price movements suggest Saiss for Vinagre will be another hit next week. Two hits in two weeks isn't ideal, but I really like the players I brought in both in real football terms and fantasy, they have good fixtures, and this is the season to hold on to the WC as long as possible so here-we-go.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”