To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FFScout Vs FFHub

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Which FPL subscription do you use?

FFScout
29%
FFHub
25%
FFFix
9%
Other
No votes
None
37%

Total votes: 79

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Re: FFScout Vs FFHub

Post by Sutter Kane »

Mav3rick wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 10:41
Hogmeister wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 10:34 Congrats Stem, well deserved 😀
Indeed, can't think of a better signing the Scout could have made to talk numbers, well apart from Rachel Riley but she's a Man Utd fan so :lol:
Best move Scout have made! I vote he immediately replaces Sutherns as overlord. Riley to be involved seconded.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Mav3rick wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 10:41
Hogmeister wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 10:34 Congrats Stem, well deserved 😀
Indeed, can't think of a better signing the Scout could have made to talk numbers, well apart from Rachel Riley but she's a Man Utd fan so :lol:

Why didn't hub get on this first. Could have been
quite a signing. Bit slow off the mark there Hub :lol:

Will you need to find Ronke and Eggers asap and sign them up before the scout do

SG_8
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 3 Top 10k finishes

Post by SG_8 »

Congrats Stemania, well deserved! I'm still on the fence of whether or not to get a subscription but if I do this has swung it in Scout's favour for me :)

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Well i already signed to the HUB, but luckily being a valued Fiso member, i have the privilege to inbox Stem privately and rent free.

You guys all know i love an inbox 😁( p.s i still cant send pics though) 🤷‍♂️

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

is this True congrats Stem

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

FranckKessie wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 10:21Stemania joins the FFS setup as ProPundit.
For us non-members can you reveal a bit more about this setup? Like, how many articled will you be writing etc..
Yeah, it was all very fast. I think they were working down their HoF list and ended up having to scrape the barrel with me after Fabio and the like. :lol:

I've vaguely agreed to around an article a month on basically the topic of my choice with a mathsy slant. My main idea is to avoid the 'team reveal' type stuff as it's not really my bag. Not entirely sure what form it will take - I have an ambitious idea turn it into a series building up from the bottom with basic maths language, but not sure yet. A few STC regulars might get panicky PMs as I scour for inspiration - I'll still do all my FPLing here. :mrgreen:

Bobby Fetta
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bobby Fetta »

Well done Stemania, very good signing for FFS. I might have to start reading some of the FFS articles again. Have been a member for 7 years but only very very rarely read the articles.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Stemania wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 12:58
FranckKessie wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 10:21Stemania joins the FFS setup as ProPundit.
For us non-members can you reveal a bit more about this setup? Like, how many articled will you be writing etc..
Yeah, it was all very fast. I think they were working down their HoF list and ended up having to scrape the barrel with me after Fabio and the like. :lol:

I've vaguely agreed to around an article a month on basically the topic of my choice with a mathsy slant. My main idea is to avoid the 'team reveal' type stuff as it's not really my bag. Not entirely sure what form it will take - I have an ambitious idea turn it into a series building up from the bottom with basic maths language, but not sure yet. A few STC regulars might get panicky PMs as I scour for inspiration - I'll still do all my FPLing here. :mrgreen:
Well done Stem; look forward to reading what you come up with.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

So are we concluding that Rachel Riley was unavailable? :lol:

(Congratulations Stem. Pleased also to hear that you’re not taking the ‘reveal’ approach)

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Wise strategy from FFS and they couldn't bring on a better ProPundit. I hope your ambitious idea becomes reality! Good luck.

shotsontarget
Wideboy
FS Record: checkered

Post by shotsontarget »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 13 Aug 2020, 20:56 ShotsOnTarget was great. Really valued his site
Thanks mate!

shotsontarget
Wideboy
FS Record: checkered

Post by shotsontarget »

Mav3rick wrote: 13 Aug 2020, 09:07 I've decided to give FFHub a go this year. I logged in and first thing I noticed was that the OPTA stats tool is built by ShotsOnTarget, who is a truly excellent contributor.

Does he write articles for Hub? That could be a game changer for me in terms of Hub vs Scout.

I used to use his website along with Chris Glover's PLFantasy several years ago, back before xG was a big deal in FPL and it was a brilliant resource of stats based analysis. ShotsOnTarget (all too briefly) posted on FISO for a while as well.
Thans Mav. So very nice to come across this post! I am indeed on the Hub team now, great you have given it a go. I've created some tools as you've seen. I did write some articles last season about a FPL team I managed exclusively with the RMT Tool but stopped midway through. Maybe should have carried on as the team finished 15k and well ahead of my own. I'm getting more and more into game theory now, there's only so far you can go with stats.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

shotsontarget wrote:
Smurphy's Paw wrote: 13 Aug 2020, 20:56 ShotsOnTarget was great. Really valued his site
Thanks mate!
Great to see you pop your head in! I'm another that loved your site back in the day. :)

Shots On Target
Kevin and Perry

Post by Shots On Target »

Stemania wrote: 01 Sep 2020, 19:40
shotsontarget wrote:
Thanks mate!
Great to see you pop your head in! I'm another that loved your site back in the day. :)
Thank you, I am genuinely humbled. Well done on your Scout gig.

Just to add 2c to debate and the effect on the game of more available data/services etc, and more and more players... I actually think it's moving the game to new levels in terms of strategy. In years past simply "knowing" about a player like Michu prior to GW1 could give you perhaps 20-30pts headstart plus, in effect, a free transfer. Now, not only do you need to know the players inside out, you have to understand how to manage the team more than ever to eek out extra points, if you get my gist. It's fascinating.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 12:58 Yeah, it was all very fast. I think they were working down their HoF list and ended up having to scrape the barrel with me after Fabio and the like. :lol:

I assume we won't hear you talking about stuff like differentials, form, coverage, explosive/streaky players or fixture proof players. Am I right? ;)

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

Uh! And just the season I have decided to give FFHub a spin (or the wife has--- either way)
Glad that Stemania will be writing on FFS - I have informed to every FPLer I know to hang on to every word....

BTW - Liking ShotsOnTarget's numbers and tables on FFHub ! They are excellent!

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Congrats Stem! :D

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Nice, and well done Stem! Might have to visit that site a few more times now to not miss your articles. That being said, I would imagine you won't be posting anything new there that has not been covered in the STC thread. :wink: :mrgreen: If you need any input on best PL left-backs this season, you know where to find me.

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

Been playing around with both sites. As regards the OPTA states, FFH seems nicer to use, but one big benefit of FFScout is that under the xG section, they have a table for 'xG delta', i.e. the difference between expected goals and actual goals. I've found this to be a really useful way to rank players based on those who have been really over performing and those who have been unlucky.

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

Does anyone know why the xG figures are different of Scout and Hub, given that they both use OPTA data? This is for last season, 38 gameweeks:

Salah xG: 19.15 (Scout), 21.07 (Hub)
Sterling xG: 19.09 (Scout), 18.52 (Hub)
Mane xG: 14.11 (Scout), 15.08 (Hub)

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

FFHub say underneath their tables "*xG and xA are not OPTA. This is primarily because their expected data is based on real-life goal and assists (not fantasy ones)."

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

Nailer6245 wrote: 10 Sep 2020, 22:09 Does anyone know why the xG figures are different of Scout and Hub, given that they both use OPTA data? This is for last season, 38 gameweeks:

Salah xG: 19.15 (Scout), 21.07 (Hub)
Sterling xG: 19.09 (Scout), 18.52 (Hub)
Mane xG: 14.11 (Scout), 15.08 (Hub)
If in doubt use fbref.com (https://fbref.com/en/comps/9/3232/stats ... ague-Stats) they use Statsbombs data which is almost xGv2 and the gold standard (imo).
Salah - 19.1
Sterling - 17.3
Mane 13.4

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

hi dino quick question am new the the whole xG so is fbref better to use than understat?

poohdini
Kevin and Perry

Post by poohdini »

Yes. They also take defender and goalkeeper position into account while calculating xG.

fred1266
Dumbledore

Post by fred1266 »

ok thanks

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

FranckKessie wrote: 14 Aug 2020, 18:56 I’ve been listening regularly to FPL Surgery and FFH pods in 2020. Of the two I like the surgery(but the will have new hosts next year)the most, but nothing comes close to listening to Lateriser. His awareness of pros and cons his own style and the details he provides is impressive. Unfortunately, that cant be said about some of the others on FFS. I have never been impressed with Mark, actually. I think he knows a lots and his instinkts are great, but he cant pinpoint and transfer this knowledge to listeners(me at least).
Much to my surprise I think the podcast FPL Black Box is really good. On the scoutcast I've never been a fan of either Marc or Az, but the relaxed feel I sense in the pod really appeal to me.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

FranckKessie wrote:
FranckKessie wrote: 14 Aug 2020, 18:56 I’ve been listening regularly to FPL Surgery and FFH pods in 2020. Of the two I like the surgery(but the will have new hosts next year)the most, but nothing comes close to listening to Lateriser. His awareness of pros and cons his own style and the details he provides is impressive. Unfortunately, that cant be said about some of the others on FFS. I have never been impressed with Mark, actually. I think he knows a lots and his instinkts are great, but he cant pinpoint and transfer this knowledge to listeners(me at least).
Much to my surprise I think the podcast FPL Black Box is really good. On the scoutcast I've never been a fan of either Marc or Az, but the relaxed feel I sense in the pod really appeal to me.
And the title track Image I've always liked Mark and Az though, basically the two interesting guys from FFS.

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 17:54
FranckKessie wrote:
And the title track Image I've always liked Mark and Az though, basically the two interesting guys from FFS.
First intro which I can actually listen to without wanting to throw my phone out the window :lol:

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Anyone who will be cancelling their FFScout subscription due to the fact that they haven't publicly distanced themselves from FootballIndex?

MTPockets
Treebeard

Post by MTPockets »

FranckKessie wrote: 09 Mar 2021, 08:11 Anyone who will be cancelling their FFScout subscription due to the fact that they haven't publicly distanced themselves from FootballIndex?
Cancelled it and deleted account when that and other betting partnerships were announced.
Revealing the associations 9 days before the season started, after many inc me had bought new membership, was pure bullsh!t

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”