To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FFScout Vs FFHub

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Which FPL subscription do you use?

FFScout
29%
FFHub
25%
FFFix
9%
Other
No votes
None
37%

Total votes: 79

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Re: FFScout Vs FFHub

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

TheRumourMill wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 15:21 The best advice anyone could wish to receive is to look at what Stevie is planning to do on a Friday and do the exact opposite come Saturday morning ;)

In sort of related news to this thread, FFS have made their statement big transfer today, or rather a "coming home" transfer of sorts - the return of Mark Sutherns.

what is your riposte Will? Are you going to match this with a big transfer of your own or will you rely on the work on the training ground? ;)
Thing is Stevie is probably more likely to win it than most of us, as we all swim one way and he goes another, at one point he could string a few of those calls together and do well. Got to be lucky and different to win I think.

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

I feel sorry for Rich Clarke. Never out of the top 35k for 14 seasons then Stevieste gets in his head and it's all in ruins. :lol: :wink:

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

math! wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 15:52
Stevieste wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 15:32 Hurtful that TRM 😢

Next season is my year, i have a feeling 😁🙏🏻
You should charge for this service. For 17.50 a season we get to find out your final decisions for the GW,

😱 Also hurtful Math haha

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Talkie Toaster wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 16:38 I feel sorry for Rich Clarke. Never out of the top 35k for 14 seasons then Stevieste gets in his head and it's all in ruins. :lol: :wink:
🤣🤣🤣

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

DavidLloydIsAHero wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 15:52
TheRumourMill wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 15:21 The best advice anyone could wish to receive is to look at what Stevie is planning to do on a Friday and do the exact opposite come Saturday morning ;)

In sort of related news to this thread, FFS have made their statement big transfer today, or rather a "coming home" transfer of sorts - the return of Mark Sutherns.

what is your riposte Will? Are you going to match this with a big transfer of your own or will you rely on the work on the training ground? ;)
Thing is Stevie is probably more likely to win it than most of us, as we all swim one way and he goes another, at one point he could string a few of those calls together and do well. Got to be lucky and different to win I think.
Always liked you 😁

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Will from FFHub joins a thread and all we do is offer Stevie ‘community support’

Will, take a look at a few more threads, the same will be happening there as well. The closest real player comparison is Balotelli’s
DC27028F-71E1-4309-A43D-4874B28D84DF.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Stevieste wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 14:57
Smurphy's Paw wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 14:09
I can charge you and improve your ranking if you’d like, Stevie!
How much you charging then SP ? and would you also give me the Full time access pass of speaking to you directly each week.

Blah can vouch for me that i only speak to him 5 days a week via whatsapp 🤣
Very cheap. Sub my entry to the same cash leagues and I can see you coming second in a number of them :lol:

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

🤣🤣🤣

FFH_Will
Cheetah
FS Record: 6 top 10k finishes. Best rank 82nd

Post by FFH_Will »

Haha, I totally get Mav's point here. And for what its worth, I'd never consider paying for advice myself and I expect most reading this thread will not want that particular service, but it has been a constant request from users and the detail Rich goes into is very thorough. I should add that it's only advice and not a "i'll run your team for you" service.

As for Sutherns coming back, its great to see. I think we may have ruffled their feathers a bit ;)

As I said before, anyone that wants to give Hub a go can do so for free and see what all the fuss is about themselves.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

I have gone to the hub this year. The quality of articles is poor imo at Ffs nowadays and although you get less articles at hub they are better quality. I mean Munday can't even spell properly. I think he was an awful addition to the site.

I have had both and the hub is definitely more to my liking. Only so much Andy and Az i can take to be honest and i think the pro pundit articles just made me want to try somewhere else.

I would say to anyone at least get a trial of the hub and decide before you join FFS. You maybe pleasantly suprised.

Summary = Quality over quality the hub wins for me. The stats table is easier to navigate too.
Last edited by DAREEL on 13 Aug 2020, 13:25, edited 1 time in total.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

FFH_Will wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 18:47 Haha, I totally get Mav's point here. And for what its worth, I'd never consider paying for advice myself and I expect most reading this thread will not want that particular service, but it has been a constant request from users and the detail Rich goes into is very thorough. I should add that it's only advice and not a "i'll run your team for you" service.

As for Sutherns coming back, its great to see. I think we may have ruffled their feathers a bit ;)

As I said before, anyone that wants to give Hub a go can do so for free and see what all the fuss is about themselves.
Think the hardest part for you is trying to get users away from routine. A lot of them have custom stats tables that they have designed and want to keep so it is the easy choice to simply rejoin. Any article you have should also just be available on your site too imo. I know at least one where the same guy posts the info on twitter and FFS too. I have heard people say they are sick of what the site has become but they will sign up again anyway for the easiest. Definitely think you got them worried though, i see more people contemplating and asking about the hub

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I've decided to give FFHub a go this year. I logged in and first thing I noticed was that the OPTA stats tool is built by ShotsOnTarget, who is a truly excellent contributor.

Does he write articles for Hub? That could be a game changer for me in terms of Hub vs Scout.

I used to use his website along with Chris Glover's PLFantasy several years ago, back before xG was a big deal in FPL and it was a brilliant resource of stats based analysis. ShotsOnTarget (all too briefly) posted on FISO for a while as well.

no eye deer
Treebeard

Post by no eye deer »

I have never used either scout or hub before, got to be honest know nothing about hub. Considered joining scout a year ago but chose to be a cheapskate and save my money. have decided 80% likely to join scout this year, however having read all the above now rethinking and may look into hub instead. Doesn’t seem to be a lot of love for scout in this thread.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

DAREEL wrote: 13 Aug 2020, 07:08 I have gone to the hub this year. The quality of articles is poor imo at Ffs nowadays and although you get less articles at hub they are better quality. I mean Munday can't even spell properly. I think he was an awful addition to the site.

I have had both and the hub is definitely more to my liking. Only so much Andy and Az i can take to be honest and i think the pro pundit articles just made me want to try somewhere else.

I would say to anyone at least get a trial of the hub and decide before you join FFS. You maybe pleasantly suprised.

Summery = Quality over quality the hub wins for me. The stats table is easier to navigate too.
I can’t tell whether the typo at the end is genius or hilariously ironic 🤣

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

CBN wrote: 13 Aug 2020, 10:48
DAREEL wrote: 13 Aug 2020, 07:08 I have gone to the hub this year. The quality of articles is poor imo at Ffs nowadays and although you get less articles at hub they are better quality. I mean Munday can't even spell properly. I think he was an awful addition to the site.

Summery = Quality over quality the hub wins for me. The stats table is easier to navigate too.
:P

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

I occasionally look at FFS for their free content. I don't pay for either site but I do have access to all the data. I'd like to see the tables/tools they use so maybe I could build some like them for my own use.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

CBN wrote: 13 Aug 2020, 10:48

Haha i am not a journalist. I am allowed to screw it all up. I am sure there are more in there too. I don't really waste to much time on checking maybe i should apply to FFS. I have the credentials.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

People paying "experts" to basically telling them what team they should have... What has this gotten to. :roll: sometimes I miss the basic elements of the game without all these websites and eff spoonfeeding the masses who are getting better ranks based on paying better players than themselves and just following the herd.

What an awful community and setting FPL has become.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

From4corners wrote: 13 Aug 2020, 20:38 People paying "experts" to basically telling them what team they should have... What has this gotten to. :roll: sometimes I miss the basic elements of the game without all these websites and effing spoonfeeding the masses who are getting better ranks based on paying better players than themselves and just following the herd.

Check out the Youtubers 😂😂😂

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

ShotsOnTarget was great. Really valued his site

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 13 Aug 2020, 20:56 ShotsOnTarget was great. Really valued his site
Why?

Did he paw smurfs? 😂

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

From4corners wrote: 13 Aug 2020, 20:38 People paying "experts" to basically telling them what team they should have... What has this gotten to. :roll: sometimes I miss the basic elements of the game without all these websites and effing spoonfeeding the masses who are getting better ranks based on paying better players than themselves and just following the herd.

True statement this to be fair.

I want to win all my cash leagues which a top 10-20k would easily do, ( so hence why id pay me as i would then gain it) but i also enjoy what i do every season and just pick my own team and end up in no mans land every year with odd chance of winning the odd league and picking some outrageous captain selections haha

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

Couldn't agree more . Frustrating where the game as gone . I find the fpl twitter community a little cringy personally and the spoonfeeding is horrendous. I couldn't get involved in all that myself. Where is the enjoyment? . I guess as serious players it is harder for us to understand

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

Somewhere in the middle personally. The game is all about escapist fun for me. If part of that fun involves gathering and interpreting stats / data from various sources then fill your boots and good luck to you.

I guess I'm still a bit more old school in that I still enjoy an element of gut instinct following plenty of eye test live viewing combined with monitoring fixtures and anticipating runs of / changes in form.

I've had a look at xG type stats from time to time but for me they just feel a little too forensic for me and not as enjoyable as making your selections based on the eye test and your gut! And occasionally debating your gut thoughts on FISO with those that put far more effort into researching stats / data than I do (so yes following threads like STC do mean I pick up some of the data advice by osmosis to inform my thinking so thank you to those that contribute)!

I think it's fair to say I'll probably continue to not be a paid up member of either website but everyone to their own.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Just signed up for the free week

Obviously some of the functionality is dormant at the moment as there isn’t a player list yet

The comparison tool looks useful, simple and aesthetically pleasing
OPTA Stats looks to have more functionality than FFFix - whether that means more things that can go wrong or more to help things go right, I am not sure!

One selling point for Hub is Ben Crellin’s fixture sheet. However it looks like I’d have to set up a new email account to be able to use it. I don’t want a gmail account. That’s a real downside.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

thebillfella wrote: 13 Aug 2020, 23:43 Somewhere in the middle personally. The game is all about escapist fun for me. If part of that fun involves gathering and interpreting stats / data from various sources then fill your boots and good luck to you.

I guess I'm still a bit more old school in that I still enjoy an element of gut instinct following plenty of eye test live viewing combined with monitoring fixtures and anticipating runs of / changes in form.

I've had a look at xG type stats from time to time but for me they just feel a little too forensic for me and not as enjoyable as making your selections based on the eye test and your gut! And occasionally debating your gut thoughts on FISO with those that put far more effort into researching stats / data than I do (so yes following threads like STC do mean I pick up some of the data advice by osmosis to inform my thinking so thank you to those that contribute)!

I think it's fair to say I'll probably continue to not be a paid up member of either website but everyone to their own.
Me three.

The fun is in the bad GW's 😔😂

But yes to doing well without the Template help that I suspect both offer....

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

blahblah wrote: 14 Aug 2020, 01:36
thebillfella wrote: 13 Aug 2020, 23:43 Somewhere in the middle personally. The game is all about escapist fun for me. If part of that fun involves gathering and interpreting stats / data from various sources then fill your boots and good luck to you.

Me three.

The fun is in the bad GW's 😔😂

But yes to doing well without the Template help that I suspect both offer....

Me 4 . I only really use stats as a final attempt to decide between a player . I actually believe the only skill in fpl is having an eye for a player. The rest is put on a plate for you by OPTA. I am more impressed by players who use the eye test and follow gut instinct and do well than players who finish high but spend all day on stats tables and using other players advice to decide who to pick. Jay Eggers is particularly good at this. To my detriment i genuinely have not got patience looking through stat tables, find it boring and i see it as another form of spoonfeeding. Obviously it works and i probably should start doing it more. It isn't possible to watch every game though so i certainly understand why people use them

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Back in analogue days I was studying sports science before it became ‘a thing’, and the first stats we recorded were only an attempt to objectively record what we were seeing by eye and work out what was important.
To only use stats would be incredibly dull as there’s so much to enjoy about the game but it doesn’t have to be an either/or. I’d describe getting the points of judgement right as being the perfect blend of the art (watching/eye) and the science

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

Cannot agree more with Mav3rick.
I am working with the main team on a Telegram (messaging platform similar to WhatsApp) FPL group - and one advice I give to everyone that reaches out to me (shudder! what are they thinking?) is to join FISO. The level of discussion at STC is, IMO, unmatched in comparison to anything else you have anywhere in FPLverse. And it is impossible to replicate.
What's best is that it is learning by osmosis, not learning by spoonfeeding.

While I agree with a common perception that navigating through FISO would be a nightmare for a newbie, I also think that the messangerboard format is the best for long-term knowledge management.

*as an aside, I have made a walk-through video for a few of them, on how to navigate FISO :D
Mav3rick wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 13:55
Stevieste wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 13:34
FFH_Will wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 12:04 Haha, not a bad shout ;)
The feature you offer for a direct message to FPL expert, would i be able to see a link before signing up to that to see his previous season scores ?

Im just thinking if i can gain a massive advantage and be close to top 10-50k then i could cash in massively on the wide range of cash leagues i can enter and it would then make the investment worth while
I appreciate that Will is here helping out answer some questions and such, but honestly you don't need to pay to ask questions of an FPL expert when the STC (stats based General RMT) thread is full of managers with multiple top 10k finishes, including the FFS HOF number one player, not only answering questions but talking openly about their entire strategy.

Obviously I have a somewhat vested interest in the STC thread continuing to be such a rich resource, but honestly there is no advantage in paying for 1 on 1 advice beyond what can be gained on FISO.

Here is the start of last year's discussion for a taste of what you get for free on FISO:

viewtopic.php?f=99&t=130299

FFHub and the others definitely have a place, and as I said above I think paying for the OPTA data and things like BC's work is certainly fair, but IMO FISO has huge advantages over those paid sites in terms of team planning and advice from skilled, experienced & trusted managers.

Neath boy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Egg Cup Premier league champions 2011-12 and 2012-13. Fiso H2H PremierLeague champion 2015/16. FISO Super League regular season champion 2016-17.

Post by Neath boy »

Like Smurphy’s Paw I am very much in favour of the eye test, but backed up by some key data. I do like the Hub Opta data as it is well laid out and I may well take that membership up this season rather than the Scout.
It does have Ben Crellin’s spreadsheet but I rarely use a spreadsheet or if I do I abandon it after a weeks!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”