To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FFScout Vs FFHub

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Which FPL subscription do you use?

FFScout
29%
FFHub
25%
FFFix
9%
Other
No votes
None
37%

Total votes: 79

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Re: FFScout Vs FFHub

Post by FranckKessie »

I have never subscribed myself, but I have of course listened to their podcasts and articles where material was made public to all. That they still haven't distanced themselves from what appears to be scam is a mystery to me and I hope it is due to legal matters. If not I hope people take action, because it is simply not acceptable!

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

FranckKessie wrote: 09 Mar 2021, 08:11 Anyone who will be cancelling their FFScout subscription due to the fact that they haven't publicly distanced themselves from FootballIndex?
whats footballindex

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

fred1266 wrote: 10 Mar 2021, 21:50
FranckKessie wrote: 09 Mar 2021, 08:11 Anyone who will be cancelling their FFScout subscription due to the fact that they haven't publicly distanced themselves from FootballIndex?
whats footballindex
Scam imo which FFScout used to advertise for.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... rket-crash

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

ok

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

Anyone been following the FFFest related twittering today? The VIP idea lasted less time than the ESL.

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Yeah, it sums up everything I'm starting to hate about FPL and honestly is one of the reasons I'm looking forward to the season ending so I don't have to scroll through so much shite for a few months.

Everyone wants to be a 'content creator' these days and the more they do it/the more engagement they get, the more they start to think their opinion has weight. Maybe they wouldn't actively admit it, but subconsciously at least the more people specifically listen to your podcast, the more likely you are to think what you say matters.

It culminates in shit like this FPL Fyre Fest. Pay money to listen to a bunch of nobodies reveal their GW1 teams to you, that I'm sure they'll otherwise mostly reveal in varying podcasts that week anyway. I like Mark Sutherns and I don't actually think it's primarily a cash grab, but there's definitely an arrogance about it all that you should feel privileged to attend an event that they also happen to be at.

'But it's for the community!' they cry.

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

It was hilarious scrolling through twitter yesterday and watching the sparks fly, less than 2 weeks since a breakaway super league in actual football spectacularly misjudged the appetite for such a thing, those in FPL made exactly the same mistake :lol:

I don't think the idea for an event/festival/piss up is a bad one tbf, as an idea to just throw people together who have common interests, but £50 was outrageous. Essentially the problem they've got trying to moneytise it is there's no product there and the whole premise of FPL is virtual, so you aren't seeing anything for your money. A music festival has music, a beer festival has beer, comi-con has actors and stars there, a car festival has cars, fpl festival has..... Az giving conflicting advice on a weekly basis and Gianni providing a diary of how to finish outside the top million. I jest a little but essentially all the good stuff is online; in articles, on podcasts, in databases, on forums. None of it is physical, which makes a physical festival where you're selling something hard to pull off, there's just not enough substance there.

There's been a few events in the past where a few fpl guys have just hired out part of a pub for an afternoon or an evening with a match on, for free. You could go further and hire out a whole pub for a small fee, but i struggle to see how you can go much further than that.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

For 20 quid I will buy you a pint and a pork pie. I will impart my fantasy knowledge to you in 15 minutes.

For 50 quid you get a pint and a pork pie and I promise not to say anything.

My article on ffstuff website is like a premonition.... I wrote it last Sept or Oct and was umming and arring about publishing....

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

Will be a massive clique fest I’m sure and couldnt think of anything I’d rather do less. Some of the individuals involved appear to be awful people and fpl players alike. Mark is a long time successful fpl player and they needed him on board to get it off the ground so I don’t really lay any blame at his door. Conversely I think the reaction of fpl Twitter has been completely over the top, and then the reaction to that reaction etc.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

TheRumourMill wrote:It was hilarious scrolling through twitter yesterday and watching the sparks fly, less than 2 weeks since a breakaway super league in actual football spectacularly misjudged the appetite for such a thing, those in FPL made exactly the same mistake Image

I don't think the idea for an event/festival/piss up is a bad one tbf, as an idea to just throw people together who have common interests, but £50 was outrageous. Essentially the problem they've got trying to moneytise it is there's no product there and the whole premise of FPL is virtual, so you aren't seeing anything for your money. A music festival has music, a beer festival has beer, comi-con has actors and stars there, a car festival has cars, fpl festival has..... Az giving conflicting advice on a weekly basis and Gianni providing a diary of how to finish outside the top million. I jest a little but essentially all the good stuff is online; in articles, on podcasts, in databases, on forums. None of it is physical, which makes a physical festival where you're selling something hard to pull off, there's just not enough substance there.

There's been a few events in the past where a few fpl guys have just hired out part of a pub for an afternoon or an evening with a match on, for free. You could go further and hire out a whole pub for a small fee, but i struggle to see how you can go much further than that.
TheRumourMill wrote:

That's all it should be imo. Planet FPL has done two such events in the past and they were very well-received afaik. FPL's popularity hasn't reached 'fest' level yet, and I hope it never does. Some blokes sitting in a pub and sharing their warped view on football based on a points/dopamine hit: that's my ideal level of enjoyment Image

Bobby Fetta
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bobby Fetta »

VIP access to "content creators" - yuck

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

ajcairns wrote: 05 May 2021, 20:48 Will be a massive clique fest I’m sure and couldnt think of anything I’d rather do less. Some of the individuals involved appear to be awful people and fpl players alike.
:lol:

It does come across as quite arrogant doesn't it. The fact the ringleader, some bloke called Ed who I have never heard of, only joined twitter in late 2020 looks fishy aswell. He can't claim to be "doing it for the community" when he's only been part of the community for 5 minutes! Clearly he's the money obsessed dictator attempting a power grab, a Joel Glazer, if you will.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”