To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW 35+ Captain Thread

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

You choo choo choose who?

Fernandes
40%
Martial
8%
Rashford
No votes
Greenwood
No votes
Pogba
No votes
Ings
1%
Vardy
15%
Kane
2%
Son
No votes
Auba
No votes
Jiménez
No votes
KDB
5%
Sterling
6%
Mahrez
2%
Jesus
1%
Foden
No votes
Willian
No votes
Pulisic
No votes
Salah
15%
Mane
5%
TAA
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 110

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Re: GW 35+ Captain Thread

Post by FranckKessie »

Bixer wrote: 10 Jul 2020, 12:51 Hate having to play the game this way, but probably Bruno as a safety measure.
Who do you believe is the best option?

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

I've gone for Jesus. I hope my faith is not misplaced.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Fernandes. I can see him getting at least something so I won't want to eat my own nose. But just so you know, I raged out Jimenez for Vardy so expect Wolves to remember that they can demolish most teams and expect a hatty from him.

no eye deer
Treebeard

Post by no eye deer »

Owsler wrote: 10 Jul 2020, 22:19 Fernandes. I can see him getting at least something so I won't want to eat my own nose. But just so you know, I raged out Jimenez for Vardy so expect Wolves to remember that they can demolish most teams and expect a hatty from him.
I made the same rage transfer, in response to a hugely frustrating gw. I am now going s**t or bust by making vardy captain.

By Tuesday this will then make the transfer look to be a great decision or stupid, money is on the latter :lol:

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Salah

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Stevieste wrote: 10 Jul 2020, 12:56
Stevieste wrote: 09 Jul 2020, 23:25
RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 09 Jul 2020, 23:18 Between Bruno and Martial for me, leaning towards Bruno this time.
This, but also maybe Vardy 🤔
Decided to go for Martial (C) Bruno (V)

Martial looked frustrated, when came off last night as he had not scored and Ole gave him a little smile as if to say don't worry you will next game.

Some great options this week and Bruno seems the obvious one, but can he really keep up with them high scoring returns each week.
Back to Vardy for me 🤦🏼‍♂️

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Since the rest of my attackers are 20% or higher owned (and I want to move up the ranks), should I perma-cap Mahrez for the rest of the season? I accept the rotation risk but it's difficult to tell if this weekend will be the bench or a haul (or maybe both).

Other options are Vardy, Martial, KdB and Salah. Martial has a difficult game imo and KdB and Salah are very highly owned. Presently have the band on Vardy but Leicester still don't look the best. Thoughts?

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 11 Jul 2020, 08:12 Since the rest of my attackers are 20% or higher owned (and I want to move up the ranks), should I perma-cap Mahrez for the rest of the season? I accept the rotation risk but it's difficult to tell if this weekend will be the bench or a haul (or maybe both).

Other options are Vardy, Martial, KdB and Salah. Martial has a difficult game imo and KdB and Salah are very highly owned. Presently have the band on Vardy but Leicester still don't look the best. Thoughts?
Keep it on vardy and we can celebrate his 13 points Haul together 😉

germainelefoe
Red & Blue Braces

Post by germainelefoe »

Fernandes, set and forget for the rest of the season.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

germainelefoe wrote: 11 Jul 2020, 08:39 Fernandes, set and forget for the rest of the season.
Update your FPL link and prove it 😉

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Stevieste wrote:
SirMattBugsby wrote: 11 Jul 2020, 08:12 Since the rest of my attackers are 20% or higher owned (and I want to move up the ranks), should I perma-cap Mahrez for the rest of the season? I accept the rotation risk but it's difficult to tell if this weekend will be the bench or a haul (or maybe both).

Keep it on vardy and we can celebrate his 13 points Haul together Image
Yeah, just saw Bournemouth's situation and goal difference wouldn't save them: they need points. So unless it's a 0-0, Vardy will get chances on the counter, esp late on.
Vardy(c) it is.

chandler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by chandler »

Tempted to do Salah -> Mane and stick the armband on Mane, as I think the team will be rotated.

Please can somebody talk me out of this in the next couple of hours

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

chandler wrote: 11 Jul 2020, 09:27 Tempted to do Salah -> Mane and stick the armband on Mane, as I think the team will be rotated.

Please can somebody talk me out of this in the next couple of hours
Update you FPL link so we can see your team and maybe we can help by seeing what your other options are 😁

chandler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by chandler »

Stevieste wrote: 11 Jul 2020, 09:30
Update you FPL link so we can see your team and maybe we can help by seeing what your other options are 😁
Alright, that link should work. The only other option is Bruno, really. And KDB, of course.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I am still tempted by TC Sterling :|

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 11 Jul 2020, 08:44
Stevieste wrote:

Keep it on vardy and we can celebrate his 13 points Haul together Image
Yeah, just saw Bournemouth's situation and goal difference wouldn't save them: they need points. So unless it's a 0-0, Vardy will get chances on the counter, esp late on.
Vardy(c) it is.
Both teams need to go out to attack and win. Vardy it is for me as well.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

chandler wrote: 11 Jul 2020, 09:42
Alright, that link should work. The only other option is Bruno, really. And KDB, of course.

Bruno the safe option, but i like your Mane idea for a differential that could score very well.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

blahblah wrote:I am still tempted by TC Sterling :|
Go for Mane blah. Has a great record against Burnley and I'm sure he's in John Wick mode after being benched last game.

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

FranckKessie wrote: 10 Jul 2020, 21:23
Bixer wrote: 10 Jul 2020, 12:51 Hate having to play the game this way, but probably Bruno as a safety measure.
Who do you believe is the best option?
Well I definitely don’t think Fernandes is a bad option as he seems to be getting double digit hauls every week, but I think in a vacuum if I wasn’t concerned about other teams around me I’d probably err towards a golden boot chasing Salah against a ridiculously depleted Burnley squad.

Or maybe even Mane admittedly given he’s probably slightly more assured of a start this week.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 11 Jul 2020, 09:52
Go for Mane blah. Has a great record against Burnley and I'm sure he's in John Wick mode after being benched last game.
If I brought him in he would stay on the bench or has a season ending injury :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or maybe he is off in the Close Season, so Klopp isn't playing him so he doesn't get injured and they can get Mbappe?

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Lol three Mane posts at the same time! Makes you think about the theory of collective spirits and a single soul (don't mind me, I'm high )

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

blahblah wrote:
If I brought him in he would stay on the bench or has a season ending injury Image Image Image

Or maybe he is off in the Close Season, so Klopp isn't playing him so he doesn't get injured and they can get Mbappe?
Has any of this been reported? Didn't know Mane was unhappy there..

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

no it hasnt and Mane is not going anywhere :)

chandler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by chandler »

Stevieste wrote: 11 Jul 2020, 09:51
chandler wrote: 11 Jul 2020, 09:42

Bruno the safe option, but i like your Mane idea for a differential that could score very well.
Thanks mate.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I heard that he is retiring to build a hospital in Senegal with Patrick Viera, because Salah didn't pass to him in a charity netball tournament. And that he's incredibly humble and doesn't like nice things except for cars and designer accessories.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

The risk of Salah being rested is a little too high for my liking so have switched the armband from him to Fernandes.

Note, Salah is not in the FFS predicted line up, which is the clincher for me. They may well be wrong but I’m not prepared to gamble the armband on it!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 11 Jul 2020, 09:59
blahblah wrote:
If I brought him in he would stay on the bench or has a season ending injury Image Image Image

Has any of this been reported? Didn't know Mane was unhappy there..
I've read of the Part Exchange a few times.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

I was getting all excited because I thought I still had Mane and then realised I took him out last week for Foden... :cry: :roll:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Owsler wrote: 11 Jul 2020, 11:22 I was getting all excited because I thought I still had Mane and then realised I took him out last week for Foden... :cry: :roll:
Welcome to my world 😂😂😂

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

Mane anyone? Fresher having played half hour and his home record is pretty darn good.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”