To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW28 Captaincy

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

GW28 Captain

Salah
63%
Mane
9%
Vardy
20%
TAA
5%
Other / desperate flailing loser choices
3%

Total votes: 79

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Re: GW28 Captaincy

Post by Oxford NZ »

blahblah wrote: 27 Feb 2020, 18:54
Stevieste wrote: 27 Feb 2020, 18:52 If Taylor gets the assist i will let you have it TP, as long as Pukki gets a brace tomorrow night
Is he going to the Dentist?
lol

The Marathon man movie scene "Is it safe ? " comes to mind in this instance.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Oxford NZ wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 06:43
blahblah wrote: 27 Feb 2020, 18:54
Stevieste wrote: 27 Feb 2020, 18:52 If Taylor gets the assist i will let you have it TP, as long as Pukki gets a brace tomorrow night
Is he going to the Dentist?
lol

The Marathon man movie scene "Is it safe ? " comes to mind in this instance.
The Gremlins 2 movie scene "Is it safe ?" comes to mind in this instance.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Is the difference between Salah and Mane so high, as most people don't own Mane ?

Mane been back 2 games and outscored Salah in both, so cant see what the gap is so big between them if most people have both salah and Mane 🤷‍♂️

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Salah (C) Mane (VC) this involves me watching their games through my hands though with lots of my mini league chasers captaining Mane all the time

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Stevieste wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 13:06 Is the difference between Salah and Mane so high, as most people don't own Mane ?

Mane been back 2 games and outscored Salah in both, so cant see what the gap is so big between them if most people have both salah and Mane 🤷‍♂️
I think that plays a part in it for sure but I also think its that Salah seems to play shocking for 80 min and somehow still gets a goal or something (IMO anyway) however when he's playing well he can explode and provide a big haul especially with his Pen duties taken into account. Mane seems to score a goal consistently and here and there might drop a decent haul. Everton comes to mind. IDK I just personally feel that if Salah plays well he tends to get big returns but he normally plays poorly and still gets you the points. Mane plays well almost every game and provides the consistent returns but is less likely to haul.

I hope that makes sense because it does in my head haha

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

xJosh- wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 14:00
Stevieste wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 13:06 Is the difference between Salah and Mane so high, as most people don't own Mane ?

I think that plays a part in it for sure but I also think its that Salah seems to play shocking for 80 min and somehow still gets a goal or something (IMO anyway) however when he's playing well he can explode and provide a big haul especially with his Pen duties taken into account. Mane seems to score a goal consistently and here and there might drop a decent haul. Everton comes to mind. IDK I just personally feel that if Salah plays well he tends to get big returns but he normally plays poorly and still gets you the points. Mane plays well almost every game and provides the consistent returns but is less likely to haul.

Wow Josh now im more confused that i was before and thinking i should just give it Vardy now 🤣

No i understand what you mean, im in the chasing leaders in mini league role, so i think thats why im not playing it safe and just captaining Salah

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Stevieste wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 14:04
xJosh- wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 14:00

Wow Josh now im more confused that i was before and thinking i should just give it Vardy now 🤣

No i understand what you mean, im in the chasing leaders in mini league role, so i think thats why im not playing it safe and just captaining Salah
[/quote]

I'm sure its been proven on here that if you're chasing you should always captain a different player to the person you're chasing that you think will do well and hope that their captain blanks but it just doesn't feel like that to me. If I'm chasing I personally try to captain the same and use the differentials to make up the difference but that's also because in mini leagues the differentials aren't always the best. I.E the guy that's only 70 points behind me has Mark Noble and Guenduzi in his side haha that being said that guy has Vardy and Salah and so do I and I'm hoping he captains Salah because I'll cry when Vardy gets his Brace tonight if he doesn't.

Go for Salah anyway, from memory he likes a game against Watford ;)

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

Yeah if you are 10 pts behind someone and you have exactly the same team as them your chance of catching them is 0.00%. It is impossible.

If you change one player, even for a worse player, then your chance of catching them actually increases! :shock: because now you have slightly better than 0.00% chance of catching them. It's no longer impossible.

So if you are leading you naturally want to pick the team that has the best probability of getting the highest score. If you are chasing, you want to pick a team that has the best probability of catching the leader.
THESE ARE NOT THE SAME THING! You cannot catch the leader with the same team as the leader. Each identical player slot is another slot where you cannot possibly gain an advantage.

So for chasing you want the team that has the best probability of a high score... but that also consists of players that the person you are chasing does NOT have.

This is especially important for the later part of the season where you might have just 10 games to chase 50+ pts.
You cannot hope to close that gap, using largely the same players as the person you are chasing.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Oxford NZ wrote: 27 Feb 2020, 07:27 Vardy cap this week, and Ings vc
Not an easy week to pick.
I believe in you this week and have decided to also abandon Mane and Salah and make Vardy captain.

P.s if Vardy blanks, we know who to blame 😉

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Stevieste wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 14:40
I believe in you this week and have decided to also abandon Mane and Salah and make Vardy captain.

No, no and thrice no 😥😥😥

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

blahblah wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 15:08

No, no and thrice no 😥😥😥
You stick to Danny Ings and leave Vardy alone 🤣

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Stevieste wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 15:20

No, no and thrice no 😥😥😥
I've had the band on Vardy since I set the team early in the week....

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

blahblah wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 15:21

No, no and thrice no 😥😥😥
Well nobody would know that blah, because rather than say who your captain is, you just make dentist jokes 🤦🏼‍♂️

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Stevieste wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 15:30
blahblah wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 15:21

No, no and thrice no 😥😥😥
Well nobody would know that blah, because rather than say who your captain is, you just make dentist jokes 🤦🏼‍♂️
There's nowt funny about dentists 😨

I'm hoping Watford"s defence keeps the score down, which is far from impossible....

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Im feeling less confident on Vardy now your on him 😳🤣

Back to mane maybe 🤔

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Stevieste wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 15:43 Im feeling less confident on Vardy now your on him 😳🤣

Back to mane maybe 🤔
Sounds like a plan 😂😂😂

My only plan B is Barnes or Bruno....

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Stu255 wrote:Yeah if you are 10 pts behind someone and you have exactly the same team as them your chance of catching them is 0.00%. It is impossible.

If you change one player, even for a worse player, then your chance of catching them actually increases! :shock: because now you have slightly better than 0.00% chance of catching them. It's no longer impossible.

So if you are leading you naturally want to pick the team that has the best probability of getting the highest score. If you are chasing, you want to pick a team that has the best probability of catching the leader.
THESE ARE NOT THE SAME THING! You cannot catch the leader with the same team as the leader. Each identical player slot is another slot where you cannot possibly gain an advantage.

So for chasing you want the team that has the best probability of a high score... but that also consists of players that the person you are chasing does NOT have.

This is especially important for the later part of the season where you might have just 10 games to chase 50+ pts.
You cannot hope to close that gap, using largely the same players as the person you are chasing.
'Inspired' by this, I'm going Vardy. Need to gain 6 points per week for the rest of the season. Let's see how it works Image

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

It's boring, but Salah for me this week.

My heart says Mane, but considering my decent rank currently, my head says to be sensible and avoid any needless differential picks. Simply owning Mane is probably still enough of a differential, whereas Salah hauling will hurt my rank a lot more if I don't have him captained.

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

I'm going Salah again, for the 6th time in a row

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Vardy captainers, beware! Rumors of Vardy not in squad on Twitter. Source looks okay.. make of it what you will.

More of it in Rounded Keeper thread.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

What a surprise i make Vardy captain and all of a sudden he has a mysterious injury, he must be checking Fiso and thinking im not going out there tonight making a fool out of myself now the jinx has predicted me to do well 🤣🤣

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Nothing mentioned on SSN.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

blahblah wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 18:17 Nothing mentioned on SSN.
Why would there be ?, its come for an inside source who has a good record of predicting line ups

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

As if they know better than Sean from Enderby

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Tall Paul wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 18:21
As if they know better than Sean from Enderby
🤣🤣🤣

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Leicester's odds are drifting though, so there could well be something in it.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Just in case:
- Salah (c) is rested
and
- The long shot of TAA also being rested or yellow rain postponing the Liverpool game
and
- Vardy is, as per rumours, injured
then
- Ings has the honour of being my Vice Captain

Which is a longer explanation than the full list of potential captains (less Vardy)

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Tall Paul wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 18:24 Leicester's odds are drifting though, so there could well be something in it.
On the leicester forum there saying Vardy was pictured at the school collecting his kids, so that would mean he has not even travelled with the squad

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

I read that as well. Seems legit.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 18:25 Just in case:
- Salah (c) is rested
and
- The long shot of TAA also being rested or yellow rain postponing the Liverpool game
and
- Vardy is, as per rumours, injured
then
- Ings has the honour of being my Vice Captain

Which is a longer explanation than the full list of potential captains (less Vardy)
Why would Salah or TAA be rested? They almost have the title wrapped up.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”