To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW25 WC

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Owsler
Dumbledore

Re: GW25 WC

Post by Owsler »

blahblah wrote: 26 Jan 2020, 09:03
raoul wrote: 26 Jan 2020, 00:44 Is the WC popularity down to something about GW25?

Or injuries?

I feel like I am missing something.
Boredom and twitchy fingers 😉
Mane and Vardy + some impending price drops, for me, but I'd also agree with blahblah. Point of the season where similar teams breed boredom.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Depends on the team though, no? I

1) have Abraham, Chilwell and Martial who I definitely want to transfer out,

2) want to open up my F3 position, where Ayew is stinking the place up,

3) have both potential captains (Vardy, Mane) injured.

Multiple fires, change of shape, change of captain. Good enough reason to WC. The fact that this situation will be there again for me in 6 weeks is another matter

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 26 Jan 2020, 11:48 2) want to open up my F3 position, where Ayew is stinking the place up,
Well....stinking? I just sold Ayew and I wasn’t happy doing it - he’s #4 in form for strikers under £6.5, and #1 £6.0 and under. He’s 5.0.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

tommyk7 wrote:
SirMattBugsby wrote: 26 Jan 2020, 11:48 2) want to open up my F3 position, where Ayew is stinking the place up,
Well....stinking? I just sold Ayew and I wasn’t happy doing it - he’s #4 in form for strikers under £6.5, and #1 £6.0 and under. He’s 5.0.
With Tosun arriving, he's shifted wide. Plus I want one of three above him in the 6.5 zone.

He's okay at his price but far too many forwards better than him.

White Tiger
Grumpy Old Man

Post by White Tiger »

Just can't decide whether it's stupid to swap Vardy for Firmino. It's a straight swap, I have no spare cash (without another rejig), but Vardy will then be +£0.4m to get back. Obviously this will change with any further price changes.

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

White Tiger wrote: 27 Jan 2020, 13:42 Just can't decide whether it's stupid to swap Vardy for Firmino. It's a straight swap, I have no spare cash (without another rejig), but Vardy will then be +£0.4m to get back. Obviously this will change with any further price changes.
#1 I can't see how that's even a consideration (i.e. how do you not already have 3 Liverpool)

#2 Fixtures favor Liverpool

LEI next 3: CHE (h), WOL (a), ManC (h)
LIV next 3: SOU (h), NOR (a), WHU (h)

White Tiger
Grumpy Old Man

Post by White Tiger »

tommyk7 wrote: 27 Jan 2020, 14:14
White Tiger wrote: 27 Jan 2020, 13:42 Just can't decide whether it's stupid to swap Vardy for Firmino. It's a straight swap, I have no spare cash (without another rejig), but Vardy will then be +£0.4m to get back. Obviously this will change with any further price changes.
#1 I can't see how that's even a consideration (i.e. how do you not already have 3 Liverpool)

#2 Fixtures favor Liverpool

LEI next 3: CHE (h), WOL (a), ManC (h)
LIV next 3: SOU (h), NOR (a), WHU (h)
I get all that, it's the potential difficulty of reversing it that's the issue.

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

Mane being out bigger the plans

Not sure where to spend the funds he creates to be honest

Was on

Henderson McCarthy
TAA Stevens Baldock Stephens Lascelles
Salah Mane KdB Cantwell Hayden
Auba Ings Jimenez

Obvious move when taking Mane out is to upgrade Stephens/Lascelles to Robbo/VVD and potentially bring Son in but that I don't really want him!

I can actually upgrade both to VVD & Laporte but that still leaves 8M for a mid with no one I really like in that range. Could go Grealish and upgrade Hayden to Traore but would have to sacrifice McCarthy to do it and would be a lot of money on the bench every week.

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

DavidLloydIsAHero wrote:Mane being out bigger the plans

Not sure where to spend the funds he creates to be honest

Was on

Henderson McCarthy
TAA Stevens Baldock Stephens Lascelles
Salah Mane KdB Cantwell Hayden
Auba Ings Jimenez

Obvious move when taking Mane out is to upgrade Stephens/Lascelles to Robbo/VVD and potentially bring Son in but that I don't really want him!

I can actually upgrade both to VVD & Laporte but that still leaves 8M for a mid with no one I really like in that range. Could go Grealish and upgrade Hayden to Traore but would have to sacrifice McCarthy to do it and would be a lot of money on the bench every week.
Laporte is rather risky given Citeh play Arsenal, Spurs, Man U and Leicester in the next 5. Can't dispute that he has been missed.

I'm opting for TAA and VVD for that set-play combo.

I admit that it doesn't look appealing in the 8m midfielder price bracket, any player is perceived as a punt, but Traore, Redmond, JWP, Maddison (even Barnes, Perez or Tielemans for that matter) stand out as good options.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

DavidLloydIsAHero wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 13:58 Mane being out bigger the plans
I’d consider a two week punt on Aguero and then take him out for Jimenez and at the same time bring in Mane going into GW27.

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man

FranckKessie wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 15:20
DavidLloydIsAHero wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 13:58 Mane being out bigger the plans
I’d consider a two week punt on Aguero and then take him out for Jimenez and at the same time bring in Mane going into GW27.
That I like. Will have a play and report back!

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

AR posted that Pep didn't sound convincing about Laporte's fitness, but there is the break looming brightly...

I'm looking at bringing him in, and those fixtures are irrelevant for me.

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man

blahblah wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 15:26 AR posted that Pep didn't sound convincing about Laporte's fitness, but there is the break looming brightly...

I'm looking at bringing him in, and those fixtures are irrelevant for me.
It was only to spend the funds, knowing I had a bench to cover if it didn't pay off. I like FK's suggestion which would buy me a couple of weeks to assess Laporte anyway

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man

So after toying with it I have ended up with

Henderson McCarthy
TAA VVD Baldock Stephens Lascelles
Salah KdB Traore Hayden Cantwell
Auba Aguero Ings

.5 ITB with a plan to move either Aguero or Auba to Jimenez in two weeks time and bring in Doherty and Perez/Maddison in around 29 for Stephens and Cantwell/Hayden

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

DavidLloydIsAHero wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 23:08 So after toying with it I have ended up with

Henderson McCarthy
Auba Aguero Ings

.5 ITB with a plan to move either Aguero or Auba to Jimenez in two weeks time and bring in Doherty and Perez/Maddison in around 29 for Stephens and Cantwell/Hayden
Nice team but 5 of them wont play in GW28 and thats before the bigger GW blank in 31

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man

Stevieste wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 23:20
DavidLloydIsAHero wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 23:08 So after toying with it I have ended up with

Henderson McCarthy
Auba Aguero Ings

Nice team but 5 of them wont play in GW28 and thats before the bigger GW blank in 31
Yep and one will be shipped for Jimenez before then and I have 4 spaces on my bench for KdB, Baldock, Henderson and whichever striker survives

The Minertaur
Wideboy

Post by The Minertaur »

Henderson McCarthy
Auba Aguero Ings

Very similar WC here:

Henderson/Button
TAA/Gomez/Lascelles/O'Connell/Stephens
KDB/Salah/Traore/Grealish/CHO
Auba/Aguero/Ings

Need to try and sort it to get McCarthy in as back up I think.

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man

The Minertaur wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 10:33

Henderson McCarthy
Auba Aguero Ings

Very similar WC here:

Henderson/Button
TAA/Gomez/Lascelles/O'Connell/Stephens
KDB/Salah/Traore/Grealish/CHO
Auba/Aguero/Ings

Need to try and sort it to get McCarthy in as back up I think.
The blank it 28 has put me off Grealish I think but the obvious replacements are Fleck (also blanking) or Cantwell (currently injured and dreadful fixtures). Maybe join me in Hayden which would give you enough to go playing backup keeper to cover 28 and upgrade Gomez/O'Connell to their more premium teammates?

The Minertaur
Wideboy

Post by The Minertaur »

DavidLloydIsAHero wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 12:39 The blank it 28 has put me off Grealish I think but the obvious replacements are Fleck (also blanking) or Cantwell (currently injured and dreadful fixtures). Maybe join me in Hayden which would give you enough to go playing backup keeper to cover 28 and upgrade Gomez/O'Connell to their more premium teammates?
I just think Grealish will get points against Bournemouth this weekend so wouldn't want to move him on just yet. I've been playing around with the team all day and it's now:

Henderson/McCarthy
TAA/Gomez/Lascelles/Holgate/Stephens
Mooy/Salah/De Bruyne/Grealish/Traore
Auba/Aguero/Ings

Brighton have alright fixtures and Mooy is key to how they do. Only 4.8 as well. Plan is to ship Aguero to either Jiminez or Abraham in a couple of weeks.

Bloody blank game weeks!

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

^ your WC team looks good

have you considered Ritchie instead of Gomez? it looks like he's back now and from what I can remember he is (or definitely used to be) on penalties, you don't get that combo too often, a defender with clean sheet potential (especially considering Newcastle's upcoming fixtures), good crosses, who can shoot from distance and is on penalties, might be worth considering

The Minertaur
Wideboy

Post by The Minertaur »

tarkens wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 14:02 ^ your WC team looks good

have you considered Ritchie instead of Gomez? it looks like he's back now and from what I can remember he is (or definitely used to be) on penalties, you don't get that combo too often, a defender with clean sheet potential (especially considering Newcastle's upcoming fixtures), good crosses, who can shoot from distance and is on penalties, might be worth considering
I had Ritchie in initially but downgraded to Lascelles to strengthen the strikers. Could be a change to make in a few weeks after downgrading Aguero as I'm 0.7 short right now. Cheers for the tip.

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

So these upcoming blanks have hurt my WC squad a lot. Thinking of using a Free Hit on GW28. My current draft is:

Henderson (Button or McCarthy)
TAA Baldock Lundstram Stephens (Lascelles)
Grealish Salah Mané KDB (Hayden)
Ings Auba (Martinelli or Greenwood)

Rationale: SHU and SOU have lots of VFM coming with the great run of fixtures, and Auba has a great run too. But this squad totally blanks for BGW28 (city, arsenal, villa, SHU). So maybe I'll just go with a short term plan and enjoy these fixtures, free hit for GW28, and try to sort out my squad before BGW31 (when my fixtures go awry anyways). Does this sound sensible?

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Roope wrote: 30 Jan 2020, 07:32 So these upcoming blanks have hurt my WC squad a lot. Thinking of using a Free Hit on GW28. My current draft is:

Rationale: SHU and SOU have lots of VFM coming with the great run of fixtures, and Auba has a great run too. But this squad totally blanks for BGW28 (city, arsenal, villa, SHU). So maybe I'll just go with a short term plan and enjoy these fixtures, free hit for GW28, and try to sort out my squad before BGW31 (when my fixtures go awry anyways). Does this sound sensible?
It sounds OK to me - GW28 is only one week, so I wouldn't build my WC team around that one week. The danger is GW31 especially if you use your free hit in GW28. Looking at your team, I'm not sure why you need to FH in GW28, you might be better going with what you have got even if you only have 9/10 starters. Auba for instance could become Jiminez/Vardy very easily. Of course, if the LC matches are re-arranged early you would be fairly well set with your team.

Not sure about Lundstram given that his place is far from secure. Given the Arsenal blank in GW28, I'm not sure I would go with Martinelli either - choose 3 subs that have decent GW28 fixtures as you will need them to play that week. I'd also go with McCarthy for that same reason.

Cheshawkes
Kevin and Perry

Post by Cheshawkes »

My current WC. Missing my 3rd striker, and one of these will be my preferred option:

Wood
DCL
Deeney
Maupay
Deulofeu

Who’s the best option? Toughts on rest of the team?
Any advice will be appriciated 😁
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: 30 Jan 2020, 07:59
Roope wrote: 30 Jan 2020, 07:32 So these upcoming blanks have hurt my WC squad a lot. Thinking of using a Free Hit on GW28. My current draft is:

It sounds OK to me - GW28 is only one week, so I wouldn't build my WC team around that one week. The danger is GW31 especially if you use your free hit in GW28. Looking at your team, I'm not sure why you need to FH in GW28, you might be better going with what you have got even if you only have 9/10 starters. Auba for instance could become Jiminez/Vardy very easily. Of course, if the LC matches are re-arranged early you would be fairly well set with your team.

Not sure about Lundstram given that his place is far from secure. Given the Arsenal blank in GW28, I'm not sure I would go with Martinelli either - choose 3 subs that have decent GW28 fixtures as you will need them to play that week. I'd also go with McCarthy for that same reason.
Thanks, incredibly helpful!

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

Cheshawkes wrote:My current WC. Missing my 3rd striker, and one of these will be my preferred option:

Wood
DCL
Deeney
Maupay
Deulofeu

Any advice will be appriciated Image
Liking that defence btw. Williams won't be seen a bargain, just good vfm.

As far as your 3rd forward conundrum goes, the answer could lie better if you toggle with Grealish and Barnes.

You could plump for Jimenez as your 3rd forward and have Traore and one of Redmond/JWP (surprised no Southampton coverage given fixtures after Liverpool).

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

Cheshawkes wrote: 30 Jan 2020, 08:40 My current WC. Missing my 3rd striker, and one of these will be my preferred option:

Wood
DCL
Deeney
Maupay
Deulofeu

Any advice will be appriciated 😁
With all that money up front (Aguero and Auba), aren't you concerned about the GW28 blank for City and Arsenal?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Every blank has a Double....

gm1863
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 8.7k top finish

Post by gm1863 »

Why are so many spending funds on two playing keepers? When has a rotation ever worked in the history of FPL ever? Why waste the cash?

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

GW25 WC

Post by jacksosi »

gm1863 wrote:Why are so many spending funds on two playing keepers? When has a rotation ever worked in the history of FPL ever? Why waste the cash?
....because DGWs (BB) and BGWs are incoming, both of which merit a 2nd playing keeper
Last edited by jacksosi on 30 Jan 2020, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”