To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Transfers GW25 deadline Sat 1st Feb

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Transfers GW25 deadline Sat 1st Feb

Post by blahblah »

Joccki_10 wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 14:48
Blue Fire wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 11:35 Looking at Alli :arrow: Martial. Will obviously wait a couple of days.
With Rashford, McTominay and Pogba out for quite a while and United's mixed fixtures, I'm actually considering Martial :arrow: Fleck this week or the next. Interested to hear your thoughts on Martial and United
Someone’s got to score their goals and Martial is playing as a centre forward priced at £7.9m. United still a top six team.
In theory...

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

Blue Fire wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 11:35 Looking at Alli :arrow: Martial. Will obviously wait a couple of days.
With Rashford, McTominay and Pogba out for quite a while and United's mixed fixtures, I'm actually considering Martial :arrow: Fleck this week or the next. Interested to hear your thoughts on Martial and United
Someone’s got to score their goals and Martial is playing as a centre forward priced at £7.9m. United still a top six team.

Just a shame he’s not very good and their fixtures suck.

Also, are Utd really a top six team without Rashford, McTominay and Pogba?

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Joccki_10 wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 14:48 Someone’s got to score their goals
But they don't necessarily have to score goals. :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 15:08
Joccki_10 wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 14:48 Someone’s got to score their goals
But they don't necessarily have to score goals. :wink:
Especially when he gets injured the first match after the TW closes with MU having bought no forward ...

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Oxford NZ wrote:I can not watch Chelsea atm so Abraham :arrow: Samatta depending on price when he is added to the league.
At the least his name will be useful for the weekly GW score thread
What Samatta with Abraham?

I'm going to remove Abraham as well but I've never heard of this guy.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Stu255 wrote:
Blue Fire wrote:

We’ll find out soon enough.

Noobking
Treebeard

Post by Noobking »

math! wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 15:32
Oxford NZ wrote:I can not watch Chelsea atm so Abraham :arrow: Samatta depending on price when he is added to the league.
At the least his name will be useful for the weekly GW score thread
What Samatta with Abraham?

I'm going to remove Abraham as well but I've never heard of this guy.
Comes from KRC Genk (my homeclub). Can score from anywhere, left/right and also a good header.
My opinion is that he's slightly better than Wesley (who Villa got from Bruges last summer).

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Joccki_10 wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 15:34
Stu255 wrote:
Blue Fire wrote:

We’ll find out soon enough.
Stu he is good, he just a patchy player that is not consistent enough, but he was our main man when first signed for us and had his best season.

I think he will step up to the plate over next few games now he will be the focal point of where our goals come from.

If you have him, then keep him and if you dont then get him.

£7.9m out of position player upfront for man utd is not to be sniffed at.

99% of the time i talk nonsense on here, but he will be amongst the points over next couple of games and if he is not, its because we lost the game.

We only have a few hours to wait and Burnley at home is a game i would seriously be expecting him to be on the score sheet

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

Thinking Soyuncu :arrow: Dunk

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

I just don’t think many centre backs lie awake at night worrying about marking Anthony Martial.

He’s not RVN, or RVP, or Zlatan, or Rooney, or Cantona.

He wouldn’t start up front in the current Liverpool team, or the City team, or Spurs, or Chelsea, or Arsenal, or Leicester.

Would you start him ahead of Jimenez? No.

See the problem here?

I could do the same for a few other players in the current Utd team, but for me Martial is probably the furthest away from what Utd really need / expect in that position.

You pick him in FPL because of the shirt he is wearing, not because he fills it. The reason that shirt is so great is because of the world class players listed above.

Stevie you yourself would probably be quite pleased if Utd signed Teemu Pukki! As that would actually be an improvement. But imagine cheering the signing of a relegation striker under the SAF years. Never.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Kinda true. But an OOP mid playing up top in a top 10 club would appeal?

MU are playing no worse than Spurs yet Son et al are on our Radars?

The problem at MU is that not many of their First Team would get in any of those you mentioned....

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Martial is not an out and out striker though he can play there yes, but he is better suited off the striker.

He would not get in Man City or Liverpool team your right, but neither would Rashford all the others teams mentioned he would start for and thats a fact

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

Stevieste wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 16:52 Martial is not an out and out striker though he can play there yes, but he is better suited off the striker.

He would not get in Man City or Liverpool team your right, but neither would Rashford all the others teams mentioned he would start for and thats a fact
They'd both definitely start at Chelsea, with or without Abraham's injury. Not sure about Spurs or Arsenal though, competing with Kane/Son and Auba/Lacazette.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

DavidLloydIsAHero wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 16:58
Stevieste wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 16:52 Martial is not an out and out striker though he can play there yes, but he is better suited off the striker.

They'd both definitely start at Chelsea, with or without Abraham's injury. Not sure about Spurs or Arsenal though, competing with Kane/Son and Auba/Lacazette.
If he was at spurs he would play with Son behind Kane and take Moura place.

Arsenal he play behind Aubamenyang and take pepe place i suspect.

Also Man Utd don't provide same service to the front men there used to as our standard has dropped over the last few years so there working off scraps and id be interested to see how man chances created for Martial this season and his conversion rate compared to names mentioned

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Stevieste wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 17:03 Arsenal he play behind Aubamenyang and take pepe place i suspect.
Behind Aubameyang? So at left-back then? :lol:

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 17:07
Stevieste wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 17:03 Arsenal he play behind Aubamenyang and take pepe place i suspect.
Was he not CF since Ateta came in ?

He would take Pepe place regardless if was at Arsenal

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Stevieste wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 17:13 Was he not CF since Ateta came in ?
Nope, still on the left with Lacazette through the middle.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Stevieste wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 17:13
Pirlo's Beard wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 17:07
Was he not CF since Ateta came in ?

He would take Pepe place regardless if was at Arsenal
Lac up top with Auba\Martinelli and Pepe left and right.

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

Both Arsenal and Spurs best sides have Kane/Laca up top and Son/Auba off hte left. Not sure either Rashford or Martial are pushing them out of the CF or MW position and every time I've seen any of those players off the right they have been dire.

I saw some tables earlier today, I think on SSN but I can't see them. We had by far the worst Tammy and Rashford had much lower conversion rates than Vardy, Kane, Aguero, Liverpool guys etc

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

DavidLloydIsAHero wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 17:20 Both Arsenal and Spurs best sides have Kane/Laca up top and Son/Auba off hte left. Not sure either Rashford or Martial are pushing them out of the CF or MW position and every time I've seen any of those players off the right they have been dire.

I saw some tables earlier today, I think on SSN but I can't see them. We had by far the worst Tammy and Rashford had much lower conversion rates than Vardy, Kane, Aguero, Liverpool guys etc
Not surprised Rashfords is low, he shoots a lot from outside the box because he has a powerful shot and thinks he Ronaldo 🤣

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Idea is to bank so I can bring in Greenwood next GW and redistribute the funds to the starting XI - Jimenez and Mahrez on the watchlist.

A move from Ryan to Henderson is very tempting as well though it would probably mean a hit somewhere down the line.

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

Abraham to someone, I suppose. Ings maybe.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Mav3rick wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 17:46 Idea is to bank so I can bring in Greenwood next GW and redistribute the funds to the starting XI - Jimenez and Mahrez on the watchlist.

A move from Ryan to Henderson is very tempting as well though it would probably mean a hit somewhere down the line.
Im keeping Henderson for the season, he cant play against Man Utd and thats game week 31 which be a blank gameweek anyway when most will use FH, so worked out alright that ( barring injury, suspension or massive form dip of course )

Redsnout
Treebeard
FS Record: 676 - FPL (2016-17)

Post by Redsnout »

Stevieste wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 17:27
DavidLloydIsAHero wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 17:20 Both Arsenal and Spurs best sides have Kane/Laca up top and Son/Auba off hte left. Not sure either Rashford or Martial are pushing them out of the CF or MW position and every time I've seen any of those players off the right they have been dire.

Not surprised Rashfords is low, he shoots a lot from outside the box because he has a powerful shot and thinks he Ronaldo 🤣
Well, he has a better conversion rate than Ronaldo this season. :D

And Tammy & Rashford have better conversion rates than Salah, Kane and Sterling. Vardy is having a phenomenal season. Last 4 years his average conversion rate was 24%, but it is 34% so far.

This table was posted in reddit a week back, not sure if it was in FISO too.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

No Samatta?

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Redsnout wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 18:27
Stevieste wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 17:27

Well, he has a better conversion rate than Ronaldo this season. :D

And Tammy & Rashford have better conversion rates than Salah, Kane and Sterling. Vardy is having a phenomenal season. Last 4 years his average conversion rate was 24%, but it is 34% so far.

This table was posted in reddit a week back, not sure if it was in FISO too.

Feel like brought the wrong TC captain in now looking at the difference between Mane and Salah 😳

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

A far more interesting than xStuff to me. Does it include FK's and Pens?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Gazzaniga to Henderson. Too easy

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

tommyk7 wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 16:19 Thinking Soyuncu :arrow: Dunk
Brighton are pish, don't do it to yourself :P

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

From4corners wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 18:42 Gazzaniga to Henderson. Too easy
Can’t think of a better switch either
Need to dump Söyünçu to afford it so will be watching Leicester game with interest

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”