To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

DGW24 Captain Poll

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

DGW24 Captain Poll

Mane TC
16%
Mane
9%
Salah TC
40%
Salah
19%
Firminio TC
2%
Firminio
4%
TAA TC
9%
VVD TC
No votes
Robertson TC
No votes
Haller
No votes
Grealish
No votes
C Wilson
No votes
DCL
No votes
Aguero
No votes
Jesus
No votes
KDB
No votes
Mahrez
No votes
Ings
No votes
Abraham
No votes
Vardy
1%
Maddison
No votes
Son
No votes
Moura
No votes
Martial
No votes
Greenwood
No votes

Total votes: 131

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Re: DGW24 Captain Poll

Post by Blue Fire »

xJosh- wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 10:27 Is anyone considering Firmino over Salah/Mane? Saw on one of those official FPL vidoes that Firmino has scored more points than both away from home backed up by the fact he hasn't scored at Anfield yet this season. Given that both games are away he could be a brilliant differential.
Considered this. But decided to stick with Rob, TAA and Salah as I want the defensive pair in the long run, especially with Leicester's defence falling off and Lundstram's situation.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

xJosh- wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 10:27 Is anyone considering Firmino over Salah/Mane? Saw on one of those official FPL vidoes that Firmino has scored more points than both away from home backed up by the fact he hasn't scored at Anfield yet this season. Given that both games are away he could be a brilliant differential.
Tall paul is, i think he even said was using the TC on him

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

Yeah he could be, to be honest, he is so thinly owned (13%) and of those that do own him many will also own either a Salah or a Mane, that I'm not really worried at all about Fermino exploding.
I would genuinely be more worried about who was assisting him!
The managers captaining Fermino is probably sub 5%, and those putting the TC on him probably closer to 2-3%?

Whoever assist Fermino is likely to hand 9pts to a lot of FPL managers! (maybe 20% of them), which is potentially much more damaging than 2-3% of managers getting 12pts for a TC Fermino goal.

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

Salah TC Mané VTC.

Salah is my differential in the minileague. Need him to score big after this weekend's calamitous points.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Blue Fire wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 10:29
Considered this. But decided to stick with Rob, TAA and Salah as I want the defensive pair in the long run, especially with Leicester's defence falling off and Lundstram's situation.
What's the Lundsrum situation? I've seen a few people talk about selling him which I don't really understand tbh. Got great fixtures coming up, he's still playing CM every game as a defender, even if he doesn't get attacking returns hes still a defender in one of the top defensive sides in the league playing in CM. Maybe its the people that jumped on late? I've had him since he was 4.2m so its in my best interest to keep him.

I've wildcarded and got Trent, Mane & Salah but I didn't realize the WC meant I couldn't use TC. Rookie error. For some reason I just had it in my head that it didn't count as a chip, it was something different. Ahhhh well hopefully theres a City one and some city injuries later in the season haha

megadyl
FISOhead

Post by megadyl »

xJosh- wrote:
Blue Fire wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 10:29
What's the Lundsrum situation? I've seen a few people talk about selling him which I don't really understand tbh. Got great fixtures coming up, he's still playing CM every game as a defender, even if he doesn't get attacking returns hes still a defender in one of the top defensive sides in the league playing in CM. Maybe its the people that jumped on late? I've had him since he was 4.2m so its in my best interest to keep him.

I've wildcarded and got Trent, Mane & Salah but I didn't realize the WC meant I couldn't use TC. Rookie error. For some reason I just had it in my head that it didn't count as a chip, it was something different. Ahhhh well hopefully theres a City one and some city injuries later in the season haha

I wouldn’t sell yet but it’s worth keeping an eye on. I have a season ticket at Bramall Lane and against West Ham he wasn’t at it at all, misplaced passes and general sloppy play and he was subbed very early as he was again at Arsenal. I think whatever’s going on it’s clearly affecting his game but who’s to say it won’t all be resolved in the next few days/weeks and he’ll be back to his usual reliable self. I’m certainly not jumping ship yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

carver wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 09:43 What to do if own Salah and mane ?

Salah feels like the best choice but Mane will be over 100% EO so will hurt if he goes nuts .
Flip a coin.
Yep, triple captain as Ste says.

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

Up until now I was pretty set on Mané (TC) and Salah (VC), mainly because it seemed like a coin-flip between them and I expect Mané's ownership to be sky high. My reasoning was that after months of painstaking rank climbing, if Salah hauled (and you captained Mane) it'd be annoying but at least you'd still own Salah and get a solid boost, but if Mané hauled (and you captained Salah) then it'd be a pretty disastrous & infuriating rank killer. Similarly, most of my mini league rivals only have Mané so will almost certainly TC him, and I was tempted to just do the same, neutering that threat and the one posed by his massive EO, and relying on Salah as enough of a differential in his own right.

HOWEVER, their recent form has me wavering. Spurs & United are tough games so not a big deal that Mané blanked, but Salah has looked a good bit sharper. So much so that I'm now tempted to really lean into the differential and TC him, hoping for a big boost, praying that Sadio stays quiet. :shock:

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

At the moment its Mane, Firmino vice. Most likely tripled. Quite tempted to switch them though, will decide nearer deadline.

aiwnjoo
Treebeard

Post by aiwnjoo »

Going for Mane TC and TAA VTC. I need to make up 7 spots in my league. Everyone used their chips early.

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

I brought in Firmino for (c) (and sold TAA)

Cue TAA haul.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Yep, if I had space then that stuff would lead me to Bobby for the DGW.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Where is the option to single captain Trent?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Salah (c)

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

So what’s the chances of a city dgw later in the season

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

yttod1010 wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 21:45 So what’s the chances of a city dgw later in the season
As I understand it from what others have told me. If they beat Utd in the Carabao cup (3-1 up) and go through their next FA Cup Tie they are likely to blank in GW28 which results in a DGW 34 or 37. The DGW in 34 would be SOU (A) New (H) whereas the DGW 37 would be BOU (H) WAT (A). I think it goes on the game before because there couldn’t be DGW on the last game. Which is a real shame as it’s Norwich at home.

Disclosure

Info based on other FISO members

Issues may include City Rotation due to being thrashed by Liverpool

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Salah (TC) TAA (VTC)

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

This is alarming. I had Salah TC locked in but now, after looking at the polls on here and FFS, I'm shifting toward TC'ing Mane.

Reason being that the players with good ranks should be captaining Mané but seem to be captaining Salah to block chasers, hence it becomes better to captain Mané who has the better away form and is the optimal pick to begin with.

Of course, fate can decide to be cruel and make Salah outscore Mané significantly but thinking about it logically how ridiculous would it be if Salah, who has been the worst performer out of the front three away from home, happens to haul exactly in the DGW with back to back away fixtures?

I'd prefer to force history into contridicting itself rather than hoping for luck that a consistent trend happens to break exactly when I play my TC. Since I'm chasing I'd have no choice but to hope for that luck if the fpl managers doing well were captaining Mané but I see no need for that now.
Last edited by Resonare on 21 Jan 2020, 10:17, edited 1 time in total.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Tall Paul is TC’ing him

Edit...sorry was at bottom of page 1 instead of 2 and thought this a new comment 🤦🏼‍♂️

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Stevieste wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 10:09
Tall Paul is TC’ing him

Edit...sorry was at bottom of page 1 instead of 2 and thought this a new comment 🤦🏼‍♂️
😎😎😎

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

One thing that I should've mentioned in my post above is that "chasing" is subjective. Technically, even the #2 in the world could be chasing despite easily winning all his/her MLs.

Also, there are far more managers outside e.g. Top 100k than in it, so the captaincy polls may actually look very different for the Top 100k.

The top 5 in my ML all don't have Salah so I'm still a bit conflicted :?
Last edited by Resonare on 21 Jan 2020, 10:29, edited 1 time in total.

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

Stevieste wrote: 19 Jan 2020, 21:43 Double Gameweek 24 Captain Poll
Where's the Pole gone?

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Magic wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 10:29
Where's the Pole gone?
What you mean ?, its still showing as there on mine ?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Where's the Pole gone?
Fab is injured and MU haven't signed Lewandoski yet 😂

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

DGW24 Captain Pool Shirley

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

Resonare wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 09:52
hence it becomes better to captain Mané who has the better away form and is the optimal pick to begin with.
There’s more to ‘form’ than home/away.

Salah has superior xFPL for GW24
Salah has shorter odds to score at any time for GW24

Is counting previous away goals really a better model for such low sample datasets?

Hmmm?

It’s a tough one. Why not flip a coin? But have a couple of practice flips first, then do best of 3 or 5, just to be sure.

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

Stevieste wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 10:34
Where's the Pole gone?
What you mean ?, its still showing as there on mine ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Where's the Pole gone?
i'm still here :wink:

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Have i missed a joke here 😳

gray821
Treebeard

Post by gray821 »

Struggling with this decision. I'm about 7k overall and 70 points clear in my main mini league (also second in the Jan monthly whivh has a small prize).

Got Mane, Salah and TAA.

Thinking about not TC this week as the teams behind me might, so saves a weapon for later on (let them chase...). Does that idea make sense?

Then, need a three sided coin to decide between my Liverpool assets...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”