To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Pukki

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Pukki

Post by raoul »

Looking at next fixtures.

If you still hold Pukki, now is not the time to sell.

If he does not get points in the next 2 games, bye bye.

Concur?

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Re: Pukki

Post by Stevieste »

raoul wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 16:04 Looking at next fixtures.

If you still hold Pukki, now is not the time to sell.

If he does not get points in the next 2 games, bye bye.

Concur?
CONCUR 1 HERE 8-)

noelix
Treebeard
FS Record: Nothing of note

Post by noelix »

Oh, I ...
carl.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AtALanta
Kevin and Perry

Post by AtALanta »

With the talent he possesses, Pukki is certainly still one of the best value strikers £ for £ available in FPL. If you sell him which striker with his potential can you replace him for at that price? Unfortunately, due to a horrendous injury crisis at Norwich, and subsequently other squad members having to play out of position, this has meant a slight change in style from Farke in the last month or 2 which has not favoured Pukki at all. What is in favour of keeping him is not so much the opposition that Norwich will be facing in coming game weeks, because Pukki is capable of scoring against anyone as he’s proved for both Norwich and Finland, but that Onel Hernandez is returning to the side, and with his pace, directness, and trickery, he has the wonderful ability to draw an extra man in on him when he’s marauding down the flanks or cutting inside or out, thus taking a defender out of position which of course works perfectly for Pukki and his excellent quick reading of the game. Each to their own, but I’d hold fire on letting him go just yet, there are reasons to believe he could get back on the goal trail looking at Norwich’s upcoming fixtures. I think you folk who are holding on for a couple of more game weeks are probably wise - for his current price you are unlikely to find a striker more capable, and I’m not sure jumping on the Connelly train is the best move at this stage given that Brighton have easily the most horrendous run of upcoming fixtures for some weeks ahead.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

There’s no rule that if you transfer a player out you have to replace him with someone of the same value.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Oh

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

hancockjr wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 18:07 There’s no rule that if you transfer a player out you have to replace him with someone of the same value.
Or that players with the most horrendous fixtures cannot be put on your bench.

Hotpot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotpot »

hancockjr wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 18:07 There’s no rule that if you transfer a player out you have to replace him with someone of the same value.
Ah, but there is a rule that if you sell someone who is out of form you are not allowed to buy them back if they suddenly find some form.

There is, isn't there?

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

AtALanta wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 17:13 With the talent he possesses, Pukki is certainly still one of the best value strikers £ for £ available in FPL. If you sell him which striker with his potential can you replace him for at that price? Unfortunately, due to a horrendous injury crisis at Norwich, and subsequently other squad members having to play out of position, this has meant a slight change in style from Farke in the last month or 2 which has not favoured Pukki at all. What is in favour of keeping him is not so much the opposition that Norwich will be facing in coming game weeks, because Pukki is capable of scoring against anyone as he’s proved for both Norwich and Finland, but that Onel Hernandez is returning to the side, and with his pace, directness, and trickery, he has the wonderful ability to draw an extra man in on him when he’s marauding down the flanks or cutting inside or out, thus taking a defender out of position which of course works perfectly for Pukki and his excellent quick reading of the game. Each to their own, but I’d hold fire on letting him go just yet, there are reasons to believe he could get back on the goal trail looking at Norwich’s upcoming fixtures. I think you folk who are holding on for a couple of more game weeks are probably wise - for his current price you are unlikely to find a striker more capable, and I’m not sure jumping on the Connelly train is the best move at this stage given that Brighton have easily the most horrendous run of upcoming fixtures for some weeks ahead.
What you have to remember about the Connolly move is that it's not as a direct replacement for most people, it's to facilitate a switch to 3-5-2, so it's not Pukki v Connolly more like Pukki and Dendonker v Martial and Connolly (or whatever mid they briing in - Maddison, D Silva, Tielemans etc)

Nobody will be playing Connolly every week.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Hotpot wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 18:15
Ah, but there is a rule that if you sell someone who is out of form you are not allowed to buy them back if they suddenly find some form.

There is, isn't there?
YEP! Walcott, Carroll.... 😂😂😂

AtALanta
Kevin and Perry

Post by AtALanta »

Mr Clarinet wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 18:14
Or that players with the most horrendous fixtures cannot be put on your bench.
Each to their own, but I just prefer to have someone available on the bench whom I think might get me some points should he get called upon.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

If I think the 3rd player on my bench might get me some points I’ll likely put them in my team instead.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Pukki price looks set to drop again tonight, so hopefully everyone that has kept the faith up until now is rewarded, i was not lucky enough to benefit from his early games success so hoping can do now for 2-3 gameweeks as he starting to look a differential again

ricardo68
FISOhead

Post by ricardo68 »

Ayew is better

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Holding for this week.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Blue Fire wrote: 02 Nov 2019, 03:00 Holding for this week.
Stay away from him Arsenal are awful :oops: :lol:

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Stevieste wrote: 02 Nov 2019, 07:55
:lol: :D

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

From4corners wrote: 02 Nov 2019, 09:05
:lol: :D
But only 4.5m...

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

Surely the injury crisis is less of a crisis now than when he was banging them in. Far more injuries in the first 4/5 gameweeks.

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

But decent defensively :mrgreen:

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Last game for me next week for me Mr Pukki, not even a hat trick could keep you in my team....ok maybe a hat trick for one more week 😉

MinimalFuss
Kevin and Perry

Post by MinimalFuss »

Discussed Pukki at length with my fellow Norwich city FC season ticket holders today.

The general feeling is that Norwich's ongoing injury crisis is costing him.

Pukki is essentially a poacher, and our still very depleted squad is dearly costing him opportunities.

Will he get back to his barn storming best? Eventually, but we don't even have 2 centre backs at the moment let alone a full supporting cast for pukki, so for me, it's finally time to sell.

MinimalFuss
Kevin and Perry

Post by MinimalFuss »

ajcairns wrote: 02 Nov 2019, 09:58 Surely the injury crisis is less of a crisis now than when he was banging them in. Far more injuries in the first 4/5 gameweeks.
We still only have 1 recognised centre back, Tetty played there today and he was transfer listed in the off-season....the injury crisis is still very much in full effect...yes it's mostly defensive, but that's affects the whole team going forward.

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

Sorry, I don't buy it that a lack of centre backs is costing Pukki goals. It's not like they ever relied on a solid defence as the springboard in the first place. I think it's looking for causes that are not there.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Looking more and more like Amr Zaki every week.

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

Why, did Wigan have injuries at centre back too?

AtALanta
Kevin and Perry

Post by AtALanta »

hancockjr wrote: 02 Nov 2019, 23:32 Sorry, I don't buy it that a lack of centre backs is costing Pukki goals. It's not like they ever relied on a solid defence as the springboard in the first place. I think it's looking for causes that are not there.
Their gung ho style of play has most certainly changed in an attempt to shore things up, but it’s not working, now they just concede goals as before but without the attacking threat - whether you buy that or not. So of course it has had a detrimental effect on Pukki - he cuts a pretty isolated figure now. I will be cashing in after the Watford match on Friday night, not his fault, but I don’t see them reverting back to that entertaining style that plays to Pukki’s strengths anytime soon.

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

I don’t get it? This is Norwich City. Nor-Wich.

How many goals do you expect them to score as a club all season?

30 or so?

There are only four teams in the whole league who have scored fewer goals. Why on earth would anyone want a Norwich striker? Unless you’re a Norwich fan in which case... aren’t you suffering enough?

Why would you pick attacking players from the bottom quartile of attacking teams?

These are the worst players. He isn’t even cheap!

Pukki was more expensive than Tammy Abraham (Premier League top scorer).

Why on earth do people have Pukki in their FPL team?

It makes no sense.

AtALanta
Kevin and Perry

Post by AtALanta »

Stu255 wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 00:55 I don’t get it? This is Norwich City. Nor-Wich.

30 or so?

There are only four teams in the whole league who have scored fewer goals. Why on earth would anyone want a Norwich striker? Unless you’re a Norwich fan in which case... aren’t you suffering enough?

Why would you pick attacking players from the bottom quartile of attacking teams?

It makes no sense.
Why would someone pick attacking players from the bottom teams? Well, maybe because you can get good players at ‘lower’ clubs too, that offer excellent value in the FPL? How many would have thought Lundstram, for instance, would have had such a good start in the Premier League? Not so long ago, he could barely get a look in at Sheff Utd in the Championship. Pukki too, and it’s no accident when you score against Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea, not to mention Newcastle. Playing for the likes of Norwich or a current bottom 4 team doesn’t make him a bad player. Although smashing them in against the lower sides, I’m still waiting to see Abraham score against one of the ‘big’ sides yet, he has drawn a complete blank in all of those games thus far... Nicely taken goal yesterday though.

MinimalFuss
Kevin and Perry

Post by MinimalFuss »

AtALanta wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 03:20
Stu255 wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 00:55 I don’t get it? This is Norwich City. Nor-Wich.

30 or so?

It makes no sense.
Why would someone pick attacking players from the bottom teams? Well, maybe because you can get good players at ‘lower’ clubs too, that offer excellent value in the FPL? How many would have thought Lundstram, for instance, would have had such a good start in the Premier League? Not so long ago, he could barely get a look in at Sheff Utd in the Championship. Pukki too, and it’s no accident when you score against Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea, not to mention Newcastle. Playing for the likes of Norwich or a current bottom 4 team doesn’t make him a bad player. Although smashing them in against the lower sides, I’m still waiting to see Abraham score against one of the ‘big’ sides yet, he has drawn a complete blank in all of those games thus far... Nicely taken goal yesterday though.
Exactly this.

Look at the current Vardy mania...most of his goals are from 2 games against 10 man teams...and he's yet to yet to score against a team in the top half of the table.

I'm sure he will, Place today will be the test, one of the better defences in the league, but he certainly didn't warrant the band wagon yet.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”