To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Transfers Gameweek 11 - Sat 2 Nov Deadline 11:30

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: Transfers Gameweek 11 - Sat 2 Nov Deadline 11:30

Post by Mav3rick »

ajcairns wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 16:37
slyger wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 16:18 is bringing in Mendy for Digne worth a hit? I can bench Digne this week and play Soyunco away to Palace but I'm guessing Mendy is likely to go up in price and Digne may drop another .1 before the weekend
I'm hanging on to Digne for another 3 GW then he is toast. I think if you can carry him for this week (which ain't that bad a fixture so could even play) then the Man City defence picture might settle a bit more then you can go for Mendy, or someone else.
It's relatively rare that a defensive transfer for a hit pays off, but if it's part of freeing up funds or a long term hold then sure it can work. I think the question really is whether you expect to keep Mendy for a while. If you dont then a hit is hard to argue for, especially if you don't really have any specific plans.

It's a bit similar to the Otamendi situation. I'm sure many of us are considering taking a hit for him (with last night's lineup probably making a start at the weekend seem unlikely). A hit may come next week rather than this (given Lundstram has a nice fixture), but I'm sure there's temptation there.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Hmmm

I'd argue that hits (Britknees) are for more than 1 GW so the position isn't relevant, and beware claiming Ooops I did it again....

Caf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mostly 250k finishes!

Post by Caf »

I am warming to this pair of transfers:

Salah -> Martial
Haller -> Vardy

Highlander12
FISOhead

Post by Highlander12 »

I've used 2 FT on
Leno :arrow: Gazzaniga
Otamendi :arrow: Mendy

Was thinking about getting a Liverpool attacker in or leaving a FT for one next week. However still going without and sitting at 4.5k OR.
Might sell Sterling next week :shock: :?

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

Hmm I'm struggling this week. I have 2 FT's but don't really want to change much!

Let me know what you guys would do. I'm thinking I could just leave (and 'waste' a transfer) or:

1. Wilson out - for Maupay (1 week punt) or maybe Jiminez? Rashford?
2. Would love to have Mendy this week, but don't really want to ditch any of my def's, plus City then have a horrid run coming up.
3. Could do Button to Gazziniga and would then have strong Spurs and Brighton GK rotation (would still play Ryan this week).

Ryan (Button)
TAA, Tamori, Lundstrum (Rico - kind of want to start him, and Soyuncu)
Sterling (C), De Bruyne, Mount, Maddison (Dendonker)
Vardy, Abraham, Wilson

Thoughts please guys? What would you do with 2 FT's here?

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

Forgot to say 3.1 mil in the bank.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Vsz wrote: 31 Oct 2019, 13:51 Hmm I'm struggling this week. I have 2 FT's but don't really want to change much!

Let me know what you guys would do. I'm thinking I could just leave (and 'waste' a transfer) or:

1. Wilson out - for Maupay (1 week punt) or maybe Jiminez? Rashford?
2. Would love to have Mendy this week, but don't really want to ditch any of my def's, plus City then have a horrid run coming up.
3. Could do Button to Gazziniga and would then have strong Spurs and Brighton GK rotation (would still play Ryan this week).

Ryan (Button)
TAA, Tamori, Lundstrum (Rico - kind of want to start him, and Soyuncu)
Sterling (C), De Bruyne, Mount, Maddison (Dendonker)
Vardy, Abraham, Wilson

Thoughts please guys? What would you do with 2 FT's here?
3 is the only one of those I'd consider. Brighton don't have the best fixtures in the short term, would be handy to have a better keeper for that run.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Vsz wrote: 31 Oct 2019, 14:28 Forgot to say 3.1 mil in the bank.
So if you swapped Wilson for Connolly, who is the best midfielder (X) you could swap Dendoncker for (and so mostly play 3-5-2)? In other words, is there an X that makes Connolly + X look more attractive than Wilson + Dendoncker?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

For Dendoncker his price? If So, Hayden from Newcastle? I actually like Fleck from SU but he is a bit more expensive and hasn't shown his potential yet. I expect that to change soon.

Ow wait you're looking to upgrade him. Nevermind then.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Mr Clarinet wrote: 31 Oct 2019, 19:00
So if you swapped Wilson for Connolly, who is the best midfielder (X) you could swap Dendoncker for (and so mostly play 3-5-2)? In other words, is there an X that makes Connolly + X look more attractive than Wilson + Dendoncker?
Martial sprung to mind straight away!

Spreadsheet
FISOhead
FS Record: SDT Mini League Maestro - 5 wins and 3 Runners Up in 9 years. Never made it on the biggest stage though. I'm the DT David Bentley.

Only one FPL campaign (18/19) under my belt. Nothing spectacular.

Post by Spreadsheet »

Kolasinac to Pereira.

Keeping Aguero and Cantwell for playing SOU and benched respectively this week, then using 2 FTs next week to swap them + 1.0 ITB for Vardy + Martial or Ayew + Mane.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Vsz »

Sutter Kane wrote: 31 Oct 2019, 19:14
Mr Clarinet wrote: 31 Oct 2019, 19:00
Martial sprung to mind straight away!
Until a couple of days ago I could have done Dendonker to Martial for exact money but chose against it :(

I can afford 10.8 midf if I do Wilson to Connolly.

Not sure who though.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Mane to Martial
Greenwood to rashford

Time to get on the man utd train i think

87AK
Kevin and Perry

Post by 87AK »

Currently a bit stuck in defensive department and also sitting with a pretty weak bench. Squad at the moment is;

Pope / (Button)
Van Djik / Otamendi / Tomori / Soyuncu / (Kelly)
Mane / Sterling / KDB / Mount / (Cantwell)
Abraham / Vardy / (Greenwood)

I have 2FTs but 0 ITB. Not sure whether to just strengthen my bench or do:
Van Djik > TAA & Otamendi > Ludstrom

Any suggestions? Sitting at 30k OR

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

wonkypenguin wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 12:22 I've brought Rashford and Martial in for Auba and Cantwell for a -4
Sods law, Rashford has a yellow flag now :roll: :roll: :roll:

flare2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consistently satisfactory

Post by flare2 »

80mph winds forecast In Bournemouth on Saturday morning... slightly concerned the game may be called off.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

wonkypenguin wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 12:03
wonkypenguin wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 12:22 I've brought Rashford and Martial in for Auba and Cantwell for a -4
Sods law, Rashford has a yellow flag now :roll: :roll: :roll:
he will play, was just precautionary, i brought him in for a -4 knowing he was on a a doubt

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

Spreadsheet wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 08:24 Kolasinac to Pereira.

Keeping Aguero and Cantwell for playing SOU and benched respectively this week, then using 2 FTs next week to swap them + 1.0 ITB for Vardy + Martial or Ayew + Mane.
Do you have Cantwell as first sub? He's currently my first sub but I wouldn't be shocked if Hernandez started ahead of him so i'm considering moving Digne to first sub

AtALanta
Kevin and Perry

Post by AtALanta »

slyger wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 14:10

Do you have Cantwell as first sub? He's currently my first sub but I wouldn't be shocked if Hernandez started ahead of him so i'm considering moving Digne to first sub
Touch and go whether Hernandez will play tomorrow due to awaiting the arrival of his first child. But if available, he will almost certainly start in the place of the off colour Cantwell. Hernandez was a key figure for Norwich last season and as you can see from his substitute appearance against Man Utd and subsequent goal, the Cuban/German is a genuine threat and should be watched closely at £5.3mil. I have a funny feeling his return to the Norwich side will also greatly benefit the recently isolated Pukki so could be interesting on that front too.

Played my wildcard this week and have obviously made mass changes. Alonso in for TAA at least for a week or two, Krul now my bench keeper but will swap with Ederson from next week for a couple of games or so, Hudson-Odoi even as a bench player I don’t fancy getting the game time should he need to deputise so in comes Martial in his place.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Probably going to sit and hold this week. I have Digne and Pukki and am tempted to take a hit to rid myself of both, especially as I fear further falls are imminent.

With 7 other starters up top, can easily take Pukki down to Connolly and Digne to TAA. Very tempting...

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

raoul wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 15:21 Probably going to sit and hold this week. I have Digne and Pukki and am tempted to take a hit to rid myself of both, especially as I fear further falls are imminent.

With 7 other starters up top, can easily take Pukki down to Connolly and Digne to TAA. Very tempting...
They both at least have decent fixtures over the next 3. Although, I guess Spurs at home could still be tricky but Digne could always get an assist. I was considering getting rid of Digne as well but with Sou away and Nor home in the next two that seems kind of silly for a hit

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

AtALanta wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 15:10

Touch and go whether Hernandez will play tomorrow due to awaiting the arrival of his first child. But if available, he will almost certainly start in the place of the off colour Cantwell. Hernandez was a key figure for Norwich last season and as you can see from his substitute appearance against Man Utd and subsequent goal, the Cuban/German is a genuine threat and should be watched closely at £5.3mil. I have a funny feeling his return to the Norwich side will also greatly benefit the recently isolated Pukki so could be interesting on that front too.

Played my wildcard this week and have obviously made mass changes. Alonso in for TAA at least for a week or two, Krul now my bench keeper but will swap with Ederson from next week for a couple of games or so, Hudson-Odoi even as a bench player I don’t fancy getting the game time should he need to deputise so in comes Martial in his place.
Thanks! Would you play Cantwell as first sub still or Digne at home to Spurs?

AtALanta
Kevin and Perry

Post by AtALanta »

slyger wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 16:08

Good question, Slyger. Cantwell seemed badly affected by his 5th minute open goal golden chance miss against Man Utd last Sunday, and then giving away a contentious penalty later in the first half, so Daniel Farke quite rightly hooked him at half time and gave the lively and confident Hernandez the nod after the break, his first decent run of minutes since recently returning from injury. So I don’t think we’ll see him (Cantwell) play this weekend, he’ll be made to work to get back into the side. Patrick Roberts, on loan from Man City, will probably get his first start ahead of Cantwell if Hernandez’s wife doesn’t have the baby in time for the match. So obviously your choice, but I would certainly go Digne - although I get the impression that the clouds are slowly but surely lifting over the white and blue half of North London, and it’s hard to see a clean sheet for the Toffees, I think at least with Digne as first sub then you have a reasonable chance of racking up an assist or perhaps better, something I just don’t think is likely with Todd Cantwell this weekend.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Would anybody take out Maddison this week for Martial for a -4?

This is my next planned move, think I can wait a week as I'm not actually playing Maddison this week! have Connolly and Mount starting ahead of him as I think they have the better fixtures.

So if I did make the Martial move this week it would mean then benching either Connolly or Mount.

Worth doing or wait a week? My gut is that Mount or Connolly + 4 have a good chance of matching or beating Martial this week.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Gambit wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 17:16 Would anybody take out Maddison this week for Martial for a -4?

This is my next planned move, think I can wait a week as I'm not actually playing Maddison this week! have Connolly and Mount starting ahead of him as I think they have the better fixtures.

So if I did make the Martial move this week it would mean then benching either Connolly or Mount.

Worth doing or wait a week? My gut is that Mount or Connolly + 4 have a good chance of matching or beating Martial this week.
Given all that above, no effing way is that worth -4!! :lol:

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Sutter Kane wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 17:49
Gambit wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 17:16 Would anybody take out Maddison this week for Martial for a -4?

thanks pal, I think I'll hold off for now, and as much as I want Martial it's probably best to wait. I do want him for Brighton at home next week though, maybe even do a maverick move of Sterling to Martial for a few GW's!

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

No way is that worth a hit. Not even worth a transfer at this stage imo.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Sutter Kane wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 17:49

Oh it is!

Especially if Martial gets injured 😂😂😂

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

hancockjr wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 18:02 No way is that worth a hit. Not even worth a transfer at this stage imo.
thanks, it's the right move I'm sure, just when I see a player I really want to get in - and I think he's a great pick due to his price and playing as an OOP striker that I sometimes just want to get the transfer done and forget about it, but as you and Sutter Kane have said it can at least wait a week.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

AtALanta wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 16:45
slyger wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 16:08

Good question, Slyger. Cantwell seemed badly affected by his 5th minute open goal golden chance miss against Man Utd last Sunday, and then giving away a contentious penalty later in the first half, so Daniel Farke quite rightly hooked him at half time and gave the lively and confident Hernandez the nod after the break, his first decent run of minutes since recently returning from injury. So I don’t think we’ll see him (Cantwell) play this weekend, he’ll be made to work to get back into the side. Patrick Roberts, on loan from Man City, will probably get his first start ahead of Cantwell if Hernandez’s wife doesn’t have the baby in time for the match. So obviously your choice, but I would certainly go Digne - although I get the impression that the clouds are slowly but surely lifting over the white and blue half of North London, and it’s hard to see a clean sheet for the Toffees, I think at least with Digne as first sub then you have a reasonable chance of racking up an assist or perhaps better, something I just don’t think is likely with Todd Cantwell this weekend.
Thanks for the insight! Digne it is

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”