View Latest: 1 Day | FISO Injury Search

GW 10 Captain

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

O captain my captain

KDB
45
32%
Sterling
53
37%
Aguero
30
21%
B Silva
1
1%
D Silva
1
1%
Mane
0
No votes
Salah
4
3%
Vardy
2
1%
Auba
2
1%
Abraham
0
No votes
Mount
0
No votes
Firmino
0
No votes
Kane
0
No votes
Maddison
1
1%
Pukki
1
1%
Rashford
0
No votes
C Wilson
1
1%
King
0
No votes
Jiménez
1
1%
 
Total votes: 142

User avatar
RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1366
Joined: 27 Jan 2017, 09:58
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

GW 10 Captain

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan » 22 Oct 2019, 03:56

A lot will depend on how everyone is fitness-wise after the midweek European games but I'm leaning towards Sterling or KDB if I bring him in(for Sterling).

User avatar
Oxford NZ
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2227
Joined: 06 Jan 2017, 03:35
FS Record: BTTS winner season 18-19 FISO H2H Conference winner season 17-18

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by Oxford NZ » 22 Oct 2019, 05:32

On Kun atm but a lot could happen between now and the deadline.

User avatar
Spreadsheet
Red & Blue Braces
Posts: 393
Joined: 19 Jul 2009, 17:36
Location: Leicester
FS Record: SDT Mini League Maestro - 5 wins and 3 Runners Up in 9 years. Never made it on the biggest stage though. I'm the DT David Bentley.

Only one FPL campaign (18/19) under my belt. Nothing spectacular.

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by Spreadsheet » 22 Oct 2019, 07:14

Yes, banding Aguero too atm.

User avatar
The Toon Man
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 4838
Joined: 28 Oct 2008, 16:33
FS Record: WDT Super Jackpot 20k Syndicate Winner

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by The Toon Man » 22 Oct 2019, 07:16

City home game? Aguero

User avatar
Pirlo's Beard
FISO Knight
Posts: 10277
Joined: 21 Aug 2013, 17:48

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by Pirlo's Beard » 22 Oct 2019, 10:10

Probably the more-or-less guaranteed points of De Bruyne for me this week. I can't keep captaining Sterling in the hope that he finally gets that elusive brace or hat-trick.

De Bruyne (C)
Sterling (V)

Sterling will probably now finally get that elusive brace or hat-trick.

User avatar
Stevieste
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2536
Joined: 19 Aug 2017, 10:28
FS Record: 1500

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by Stevieste » 22 Oct 2019, 12:24

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 10:10
Probably the more-or-less guaranteed points of De Bruyne for me this week. I can't keep captaining Sterling in the hope that he finally gets that elusive brace or hat-trick.

De Bruyne (C)
Sterling (V)

Sterling will probably now finally get that elusive brace or hat-trick.
+1

User avatar
eastcentral1
Dumbledore
Posts: 5203
Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 16:38

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by eastcentral1 » 22 Oct 2019, 12:46

KdB

User avatar
Highlander12
Red & Blue Braces
Posts: 406
Joined: 18 Oct 2017, 18:00

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by Highlander12 » 22 Oct 2019, 13:23

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 10:10
Probably the more-or-less guaranteed points of De Bruyne for me this week. I can't keep captaining Sterling in the hope that he finally gets that elusive brace or hat-trick.

De Bruyne (C)
Sterling (V)

Sterling will probably now finally get that elusive brace or hat-trick.
This is my thoughts. I'm scared the week I jump off Sterling captain is when gets that brace and assist compared to KDB's singular assist.

So right now i'm not sure, if he doesn't start tonight i'll likely captain Sterling.
Last edited by Highlander12 on 23 Oct 2019, 08:51, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
Lucky
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1322
Joined: 13 Sep 2006, 07:24

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by Lucky » 22 Oct 2019, 15:59

Up to last week I always thought that Kun was Mr Reliable. He would at least get 30 minutes every game and probably get an assist or goal. The no-show last week-end made me think about it, but maybe it was related to his car accident (wrong frame of mind :wink: )

So unless something unexpected happens in the CL matches, I will put the armband on

Kun (c)
Mane (vc)

User avatar
Lucky
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1322
Joined: 13 Sep 2006, 07:24

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by Lucky » 22 Oct 2019, 21:28

Lucky wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 15:59
Up to last week I always thought that Kun was Mr Reliable. He would at least get 30 minutes every game and probably get an assist or goal. The no-show last week-end made me think about it, but maybe it was related to his car accident (wrong frame of mind :wink: )

So unless something unexpected happens in the CL matches, I will put the armband on

Kun (c)
Mane (vc)
Or Sterling (c)
Mane (vc)

hattrick and two assists tonight so far :roll: The kind of captain performance I am dreaming of.
Last edited by Lucky on 22 Oct 2019, 21:31, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Billy Bongo
FISO Knight
Posts: 10981
Joined: 21 Jul 2013, 22:18

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by Billy Bongo » 22 Oct 2019, 21:30

*3

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk


User avatar
Pirlo's Beard
FISO Knight
Posts: 10277
Joined: 21 Aug 2013, 17:48

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by Pirlo's Beard » 22 Oct 2019, 21:30

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 10:10
Sterling will probably now finally get that elusive brace or hat-trick.
Of course he would do it in a Champions League game and not in a Premier League game. :roll:

User avatar
Stevieste
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2536
Joined: 19 Aug 2017, 10:28
FS Record: 1500

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by Stevieste » 22 Oct 2019, 21:37

KDB locked in as Captain this weekend.

User avatar
Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
Posts: 6004
Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 12:13

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by Sutter Kane » 22 Oct 2019, 21:49

Stevieste wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 21:37
KDB locked in as Captain this weekend.
Is he the only one pretty much guaranteed to play now?!

User avatar
Stevieste
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2536
Joined: 19 Aug 2017, 10:28
FS Record: 1500

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by Stevieste » 22 Oct 2019, 21:53

Sutter Kane wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 21:49
Stevieste wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 21:37
KDB locked in as Captain this weekend.
Is he the only one pretty much guaranteed to play now?!
I would think so, although id also expect Aguero to play again as well.

Ive got a funny feeling with Both Silva and Jesus wanting to play, Sterling could be due a little rest.

I was hoping Sterling not play tonight

User avatar
Highlander12
Red & Blue Braces
Posts: 406
Joined: 18 Oct 2017, 18:00

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by Highlander12 » 23 Oct 2019, 08:52

Highlander12 wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 13:23
Pirlo's Beard wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 10:10
Probably the more-or-less guaranteed points of De Bruyne for me this week. I can't keep captaining Sterling in the hope that he finally gets that elusive brace or hat-trick.

De Bruyne (C)
Sterling (V)

Sterling will probably now finally get that elusive brace or hat-trick.
This is my thoughts. I'm scared the week I jump off Sterling captain is when gets that brace and assist compared to KDB's singular assist.

So right now i'm not sure, if he doesn't start tonight i'll likely captain Sterling.
So he did start and gets a hat trick and 2 assists. A reminder of what he can do. Sterling captain, KDB vice.

User avatar
MPTree
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1899
Joined: 13 Oct 2013, 13:44

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by MPTree » 23 Oct 2019, 09:47

Some numbers for the stats geeks. Sterling on the left, KDB on the right.

Image

Bear in mind Sterling has played around 90 minutes more. All as you'd expect really: Sterling's goal threat is higher, but KDB more likely to be involved & higher chance of bonus.

Something of a coin flip for those of us considering both. I might tentatively suggest KDB for the sensible, Sterling for the gamblers. Still undecided myself, but edging towards Sterling.

User avatar
math!
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 4618
Joined: 01 Aug 2015, 03:30

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by math! » 23 Oct 2019, 10:44

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 21:30
Pirlo's Beard wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 10:10
Sterling will probably now finally get that elusive brace or hat-trick.
Of course he would do it in a Champions League game and not in a Premier League game. :roll:
Him and Son :roll:

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 71698
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.
Contact:

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by blahblah » 23 Oct 2019, 11:17

math! wrote:
23 Oct 2019, 10:44
Pirlo's Beard wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 21:30
Pirlo's Beard wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 10:10
Sterling will probably now finally get that elusive brace or hat-trick.
Of course he would do it in a Champions League game and not in a Premier League game. :roll:
Him and Son :roll:
Matthew?

User avatar
Turd Ferguson
FISOhead
Posts: 750
Joined: 16 Aug 2015, 03:32

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by Turd Ferguson » 23 Oct 2019, 16:55

MPTree wrote:
23 Oct 2019, 09:47
Some numbers for the stats geeks. Sterling on the left, KDB on the right.
Are those for a specific time period, like last 4 weeks? They seem far too low to be season long.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
Posts: 5634
Joined: 22 May 2008, 12:08
Location: Nae business bein' in Yoker
FS Record: Rubbish

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by bigcliff2 » 23 Oct 2019, 17:02

De Bruyne for me. Sterling seems at least at some risk, more than De Bruyne anyway, of a benching.

Caf
FISOhead
Posts: 626
Joined: 30 Mar 2016, 21:17
FS Record: Mostly 250k finishes!

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by Caf » 23 Oct 2019, 17:30

KDB for me. Think he’ll get the armband most weeks against non-top-6 opposition. Who actually constitutes ‘top 6’ these days is a different matter!

User avatar
Stu255
FISOhead
Posts: 588
Joined: 22 Aug 2018, 00:31

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by Stu255 » 25 Oct 2019, 07:50

MPTree wrote:
23 Oct 2019, 09:47
Some numbers for the stats geeks. Sterling on the left, KDB on the right.

Image
These numbers don’t look correct?

Especially the xA which looks waay off.

User avatar
Stevieste
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2536
Joined: 19 Aug 2017, 10:28
FS Record: 1500

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by Stevieste » 25 Oct 2019, 08:27

This is a week even though im glad to be on KDB, its clearly set up for Aguero to smash it and everyone who lost patience and sold him or not made him captain will be kicking themselves

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1615
Joined: 10 Feb 2016, 10:28

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by tarkens » 25 Oct 2019, 10:51

Aguero (c), KdB (vc)

i'll seriously lose it if Aguero is benched again

User avatar
TriXaM
FISOhead
Posts: 606
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 11:32

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by TriXaM » 25 Oct 2019, 10:54

Numbers posted above for Sterling/KDB appear to cover the last six gameweeks and are correct (according to FFS), the understat xA would be different due to differences in how they measure it.

finkelele
Treebeard
Posts: 175
Joined: 06 Aug 2010, 13:12

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by finkelele » 25 Oct 2019, 11:33

I am so freaking worried that Aguero won't play and then I might as well transfer him right away!

For Vardy or Wilson or something and do a real upgrade in the midfield with the cash over from that.

User avatar
MPTree
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1899
Joined: 13 Oct 2013, 13:44

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by MPTree » 25 Oct 2019, 11:39

Stu255 wrote:
25 Oct 2019, 07:50

These numbers don’t look correct?

Especially the xA which looks waay off.
Turd Ferguson wrote:
23 Oct 2019, 16:55
Are those for a specific time period, like last 4 weeks? They seem far too low to be season long.
Numbers from last 6 GWs. Apologies for lack of clarity.

User avatar
ajcairns
Red & Blue Braces
Posts: 469
Joined: 05 Oct 2016, 14:40
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by ajcairns » 25 Oct 2019, 11:53

I should go Sterling (C) Auba (VC) but I am swapping them around for a bit more a gamble.

Cue Sterling haul.

User avatar
dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1413
Joined: 28 Nov 2015, 00:04
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Re: GW 10 Captain

Post by dino1980 » 25 Oct 2019, 15:30

Ag C easy as KDB (v)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts
Post Reply

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], GrapeshotCrawler, Jason Bourne, mr_verde, Turd Ferguson, YandexBot and 8 guests