To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW 8 Captain

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Who's the daddy?

KDB
3%
Sterling
40%
Salah
6%
Aguero
20%
Auba
18%
Kane
3%
Mane
No votes
Pukki
6%
Abraham
2%
Son
2%
Firmino
No votes
B Silva
No votes
D Silva
No votes
Rashford
No votes
Vardy
No votes
Mahrez
No votes
Pepe
No votes
Callum Wilson
No votes
King
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 131

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

GW 8 Captain

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Whichever one of KDB or Sterling looks more likely to start will be my pick. If either is rested vs Dinamo then they are a lock for me.
Last edited by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan on 01 Oct 2019, 06:44, edited 1 time in total.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Re: GW 8 Captain

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Currently on Aguero.
After having £12m+ Sterling then Aguero benched over the last two weeks I don’t want to contemplate another £10m of City assets picking up splinters so hope you’re wrong about KDB. It’s going to happen at some point though, isn’t it!

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Aubameyang C and Aguero VC

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 06:31 Currently on Aguero.
After having £12m+ Sterling then Aguero benched over the last two weeks I don’t want to contemplate another £10m of City assets picking up splinters so hope you’re wrong about KDB. It’s going to happen at some point though, isn’t it!
It happened against Norwich, and look how that worked out.

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

Can't decide between Kane, Sterling and KDB. I think I need to flip a 3 sided coin.

reddevil 99
FISOhead

Post by reddevil 99 »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 06:23 Whichever one of KDB or Sterling looks more likely to start will be my pick. If either is rested vs Dinamo then they are a lock for me.
Aguero didn`t start in the League Cup and was benched against Everton. It`s putting me off captaining any City player. Auba for me.

Payet
Treebeard
FS Record: 2016/2017: 8.879

Post by Payet »

SALAH it is.

HATTRICK hero possibility: 84%

Newfounder
Treebeard
FS Record: poor, I always seem to finish nearer the bottom than the top

Post by Newfounder »

Aguero for now, KdB out with groin injury for CL. Can see Sterling & Jesus start CL match.

chris2k_11
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Pontoon 2011/12 Winner, FISOlympics Decathlon 14/15 Gold Medal, FISO 5AS The Kangals 17/18 & 20/21, Spaceballs Leagues 17/18 Winner (Classic and H2H), FISO Swiss Cup 20/21 Champion

Post by chris2k_11 »

salah (c) and sterling (vc) and differential maybe pukki ??

LamebrainEddy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LamebrainEddy »

Seems like a good week to go PUKKI

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

LamebrainEddy wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 16:52 Seems like a good week to go PUKKI
I hope not, I just sold him!

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Sterling being benched tonight has probably cemented him as my C.

If I were to go for something a bit different there are two games this weekend that look full of goals and that Arsenal v Bournemouth and Norwich v Villa, so I think Wilson & Pukki could be decent differential picks this week.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Maupay (C)
Murray (V)

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 22:12 Maupay (C)
Murray (V)
Gnabry TC

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

With Agüero playing the full game tonight, I assume that Jesus starts at the week-end.

Hence my preference shifts to Sterling (C) Pukki (VC)

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Lucky wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 22:21 With Agüero playing the full game tonight, I assume that Jesus starts at the week-end.

You can't assume anything with Pep. Aguero to start for the weekend and score a hattie, I assume.

huskerdu
FISOhead

Post by huskerdu »

I want to captain Aguero but it felt like he was limping when he was subbed off today

Panserjohan
Treebeard
FS Record: Started 2007

Post by Panserjohan »

With City having amazing underlaying stats, I`m considering Manè -> Sterling. This will give me a crazy unbalanced team, with KdB, Sterling, Auba, Aguero.. But the points coming from this City side, I do not have the nerve to sit without these assets.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Lucky wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 22:21 With Agüero playing the full game tonight, I assume that Jesus starts at the week-end.

Based on what though

Kun doesn't play again till Sunday ( 4 days)
Most sports scientist say 3 days to fully recover from an intense game
Also what is he being rested for ? He has no international games , he has 2 week to rest

To say he's going to be rested is a bit of a random statement. Dropped ? Maybe . Rested? I doubt it

Jesus dropped too deep vs Everton and they struggled, kun came on and he changed the game. Pep said he would have started Kun vs Everton had he not felt somthing in his leg. He also praised his " superb performance " vs Watford
Also hasn't Jesus got a couple of international games coming up ? Who needs the most rest ?

Saying this I'm not 100% and it is a worry. I'm thinking of taking a hit

Salah kun--》 Auba Sterling as I can't afford a sterling C haul . Then captain Razza. WC next gw

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

DAREEL wrote: 02 Oct 2019, 09:29

Based on what though

Also what is he being rested for ? He has no international games , he has 2 week to rest

To say he's going to be rested is a bit of a random statement. Dropped ? Maybe . Rested? I doubt it

Jesus dropped too deep vs Everton and they struggled, kun came on and he changed the game. Pep said he would have started Kun vs Everton had he not felt somthing in his leg. He also praised his " superb performance " vs Watford
Also hasn't Jesus got a couple of international games coming up ? Who needs the most rest ?

Salah kun--》 Auba Sterling as I can't afford a sterling C haul . Then captain Razza. WC next gw
I wasn't aware of this, thanks.

I own Aguero and Sterling but after Aguero's benching at the weekend am very tempted just to bring in Aubameyang.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

MartyBhoy7 wrote: 02 Oct 2019, 10:06
DAREEL wrote: 02 Oct 2019, 09:29

Based on what though

I wasn't aware of this, thanks.

I own Aguero and Sterling but after Aguero's benching at the weekend am very tempted just to bring in Aubameyang.

Yer play safe . I'm tempted to lose kun too but I'm also looking at KDB to Mahrez as a week punt before WC

megadyl
FISOhead

Post by megadyl »

I’ve got Pukki at the moment. May switch to KDB if he’s passed fit later in the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Given distribution of minutes last night an easy Sterling(C) for me. Salah(VC) as it looks right now.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

wonkypenguin wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 12:32 Can't decide between Kane, Sterling and KDB. I think I need to flip a 3 sided coin.
No need. Allocate each one a coin and toss (ooo err Missus) all 3 a once and you will get an odd one out. Obviously it may take a few tosses but there are only 2 outcomes all 3 the same or a 1-2 split.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

megadyl wrote: 02 Oct 2019, 13:27 I’ve got Pukki at the moment. May switch to KDB if he’s passed fit later in the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like you on Pukki then as no way KDB playing this weekend

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

From4corners wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 23:07

You can't assume anything with Pep. Aguero to start for the weekend and score a hattie, I assume.
I totally agree with you. What I meant to say was that I personally prefer to play it safe and go for Sterling as (C). Whether it is a safer option, nobody knows either. :lol:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Another spin on the Sterling Salah roulette here - Sterling captain Salah vice this time.

Eighth attempt at picking the highest scorer of the two, zero successful so far and counting. :lol:

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Stemania wrote: 02 Oct 2019, 17:48 Another spin on the Sterling Salah roulette here - Sterling captain Salah vice this time.

Eighth attempt at picking the highest scorer of the two, zero successful so far and counting. :lol:
Similar success story here and thinking of Salah over Sterling so I am now assuming both will do nothing, and Pukki will score five.

SteveieB123
Red & Blue Braces

Post by SteveieB123 »

This week signals the most amount of changes of captain I've had so far this season!! Think I've saved around 5/6 changes so far. Just cannot decide between Salah and Sterling (queue the 2 and 2 points now).

Edging toward Salah but after last week's 3 points, once bitten twice shy...so unsure I'm yet to vote!!

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

SteveieB123 wrote: 04 Oct 2019, 09:05 This week signals the most amount of changes of captain I've had so far this season!! Think I've saved around 5/6 changes so far. Just cannot decide between Salah and Sterling (queue the 2 and 2 points now).

Edging toward Salah but after last week's 3 points, once bitten twice shy...so unsure I'm yet to vote!!
I don't think it's even close. I think Sterling is clearly a better pick this gameweek. He has better stats and a better fixture.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”