To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW 7 Captain

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Who's it gonna be?

KDB
5%
Sterling
19%
Aguero
16%
Salah
32%
Kane
3%
Pukki
1%
Abraham
10%
Mount
1%
Mane
1%
Auba
1%
TAA
1%
VVD
No votes
Son
8%
Jiménez
1%
Vardy
1%
Maddison
No votes
C Wilson
No votes
D Silva
No votes
B Silva
No votes

Total votes: 147

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Re: GW 7 Captain

Post by Oxford NZ »

Changed my mind and have now gone Son c and Sterling vc.
Plenty of time to change again :?

Spreadsheet
FISOhead
FS Record: SDT Mini League Maestro - 5 wins and 3 Runners Up in 9 years. Never made it on the biggest stage though. I'm the DT David Bentley.

Only one FPL campaign (18/19) under my belt. Nothing spectacular.

Post by Spreadsheet »

Spreadsheet wrote: 24 Sep 2019, 19:16 Down to Sterling, Salah or Abraham. Probably in that order but a few tempters this week.
Think Salah might be overtaking Sterling. A tough one this week.

Panserjohan
Treebeard
FS Record: Started 2007

Post by Panserjohan »

I can choose between Aguero, KdB, Auba and Tammy. Going with Aguero because I fear that most people will be captaining him out of those four. That will give me some kind of protection against other managers. If I could just choose wildly, I`d go with Salah and Son. Bothers me not having either.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

If Salah is the go to guy this week and you do not have him is it time for a punt, or play it safe with one of Kun, KDB or Sterling? I have never been good at picking a captain ( I have had a few lucky game weekscounts on right hand ). the FISO captain thread was my go to tie beaker last season but a coin toss would give an equally valid answer. I have not looked at the stats but FISO did better with the captain poles pre 2018 when I was doing my own thing.

Browney18
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Browney18 »

I've gone for Son.

I think Spurs are going to bounce back following their recent results (Lei & Col) and Son is key to that!

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Oxford NZ wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 10:07 If Salah is the go to guy this week and you do not have him is it time for a punt, or play it safe with one of Kun, KDB or Sterling? I have never been good at picking a captain ( I have had a few lucky game weekscounts on right hand ). the FISO captain thread was my go to tie beaker last season but a coin toss would give an equally valid answer. I have not looked at the stats but FISO did better with the captain poles pre 2018 when I was doing my own thing.
I have Salah and i still think KDB is a better option than him.

Liverpool not scored more than 3 goals this season and sheff utd not let in more than 2 goals in each game so i can see it being tight.

Man city have scored a min of 2 every and average 3 per game.

Anything good for Man City seems to come through KDB so im going to go for him again this week.

Sterling ( who due to do well ) or Salah as Vice captain.

Only a moment of madness last min will change my mind

Demo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Demo »

Salah (C) Abraham (VC)

Just saw this stat on the BBC website "Aguero has netted just two league goals in 793 minutes against Everton, his worst minutes-per-goal ratio against any opponent he has faced more than once." :o

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Stevieste wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 13:08
Oxford NZ wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 10:07 If Salah is the go to guy this week and you do not have him is it time for a punt, or play it safe with one of Kun, KDB or Sterling? I have never been good at picking a captain ( I have had a few lucky game weekscounts on right hand ). the FISO captain thread was my go to tie beaker last season but a coin toss would give an equally valid answer. I have not looked at the stats but FISO did better with the captain poles pre 2018 when I was doing my own thing.
I have Salah and i still think KDB is a better option than him.

Liverpool not scored more than 3 goals this season and sheff utd not let in more than 2 goals in each game so i can see it being tight.

Man city have scored a min of 2 every and average 3 per game.

Anything good for Man City seems to come through KDB so im going to go for him again this week.

Liverpool scored 4 against Norwich, have also not scored fewer than 2 in any game and are averaging very close to 3 goals per game. They also haven't had the chance to inflate their goal tally against Watford yet.

megadyl
FISOhead

Post by megadyl »

Demo wrote:Salah (C) Abraham (VC)

Just saw this stat on the BBC website "Aguero has netted just two league goals in 793 minutes against Everton, his worst minutes-per-goal ratio against any opponent he has faced more than once." :o

I genuinely fancy a 1-1 and a 7 point lead for Liverpool!! Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Stevieste wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 13:08Anything good for Man City seems to come through KDB so im going to go for him again this week.
65E0EEBA-7494-4930-842D-2D94A10F3F78.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Demo wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 13:44 Salah (C) Abraham (VC)

Salah has never scored against Sheffield Utd though :wink:

And I'm almost certain that Abraham has never scored against Brighton either.

Hotpot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotpot »

Tall Paul wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 14:09
Demo wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 13:44 Salah (C) Abraham (VC)

Salah has never scored against Sheffield Utd though :wink:

And I'm almost certain that Abraham has never scored against Brighton either.
On 27 January 2016, De Bruyne scored a goal in a League Cup semi-final 3–1 victory over Everton

Thats that then :D

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

:lol:

Another coin flip here, but I think I'm edging to Salah(c), Sterling(vc).

Have picked the lower scorer of the two 6/6 so far - once more into the breach. :lol:

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

I have Salah (C), KDB (VC).

Just don’t think SHU have the mobility at the back to cope with Salah.

Then planning on punting Salah for Sterling next week but will be captaining KDB over Sterling.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Understat's team xG has City so far out in front that it does make you wonder:

City at the top, followed by Liverpool then Chelsea. Doubtless heavily skewed by the Watford result, but those kinds of score lines make it difficult to ignore City attackers. Sterling also has a better xG than Salah (according to both Understat and FFS) in spite of having played 78 fewer minutes - significant given we're only six GWs in. So Sterling for me, I think.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Salah for me even though I have considered others. Just seems like the sort of week that if you captain someone else and Salah runs riot, you'll wonder afterwards why you didn't captain Salah against Sheffield United.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

bigcliff2 wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 16:31 Salah for me even though I have considered others. Just seems like the sort of week that if you captain someone else and Salah runs riot, you'll wonder afterwards why you didn't captain Salah against Sheffield United.
This is exactly my thinking at the moment 🤦🏼‍♂️

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Im that undecided this week im going to go for an unorthodox approach.
If you had KDB, Sterling and Salah as your only 3 options for a captain pick who would you go for ?

The first person that replies to this with there pick, will be my captain this week 😳

Friends or enemys are made on these decisions 🤣
Last edited by Stevieste on 27 Sep 2019, 18:34, edited 2 times in total.

reddevil 99
FISOhead

Post by reddevil 99 »

It's the most difficult week for picking a captain, definitely a week to go with the horde. But i am on Abraham... i need to make some ground up.

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

Stevieste wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 18:00 Im that undecided this week im going to go for an unorthodox approach.
If you had KDB, Sterling and Salah as your only 3 options for a captain pick who would you go for ?

The first person that replies to this with there pick, will be my captain this week 😳

Sterling!

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

ajcairns wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 18:45
Stevieste wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 18:00 Im that undecided this week im going to go for an unorthodox approach.

Sterling!
Ok Sterling it is, i will save my Thank you till 7pm tomorrow night 😉

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Salah, Sterling, Aguero, KdB, Abraham - all in my team, all good captaincy options for this weekend.

Need to remind myself that I may as well just pick one at random as there isn’t a bad choice. If I make the best or the worst choice, in this scenario it’s literally down to nothing other than luck.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Bixer wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 19:25 Salah, Sterling, Aguero, KdB, Abraham - all in my team, all good captaincy options for this weekend.

Need to remind myself that I may as well just pick one at random as there isn’t a bad choice. If I make the best or the worst choice, in this scenario it’s literally down to nothing other than luck.
Join me with Sterling (C) and that way he if fails we can both blame ajcairns 🤣

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Bixer wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 19:25 Salah, Sterling, Aguero, KdB, Abraham - all in my team, all good captaincy options for this weekend.

Actually ive just seen you outright position, you pick this yourself mate, you seem to have done pretty well so far getting to where you are 👌🏻

Im glad i feel like you this week with several Captain options, maybe if they all perform like were expecting we can hit the 100+ mark 🤞🏻

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

I'm on Tammy (C) with KDB (V), so not putting armband on Salah/Sterling.

jonhoggy
FISOhead
FS Record: 7528

Post by jonhoggy »

Stand by your man. Tammy (c) Sterling (vc).

Toucher6
Kevin and Perry

Post by Toucher6 »

Probably going with aguero or tammy, tough one

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Sterling takes the armband for me, and for the next few weeks too baring injury.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Slightly favouring Aguero, but Salah is becoming more tempting. Tough call, this week.

Roger Ramjet
FISOhead

Post by Roger Ramjet »

Salah capt

Kun vice

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”