To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Team Value (and other) FPL site bugs

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
V1.0
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Triple FISO 5AS Champions

Team Value (and other) FPL site bugs

Post by V1.0 »

As noted by Mr Clarinet yesterday on page 14 of The Rounded Keeper, some teams seem to have gained additional value:
Mr Clarinet wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 22:41 This looks a bit odd... as of tonight, one of the teams in one of my mini-leagues has a squad valued at £102.0

Is there an obvious explanation I'm missing?
A team in one of my mini leagues is still showing a £101.0m value.

Has anyone experienced this first hand with their team, is the money real and if so have you spent it?
Last edited by Mav3rick on 13 Aug 2019, 07:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thread title change after merge or FPL bug related threads

Spreadsheet
FISOhead
FS Record: SDT Mini League Maestro - 5 wins and 3 Runners Up in 9 years. Never made it on the biggest stage though. I'm the DT David Bentley.

Only one FPL campaign (18/19) under my belt. Nothing spectacular.

Re: Team Value Bug

Post by Spreadsheet »

The favoured explanation (from another post/thread on here - I can’t take credit) is that the formula is adding any money in the bank to the budget of £100m not the true value of the team. In other words, I’d suspect that the team you’re looking at was put together for £99m.

Haven’t been able to test if this can be exploited in any way as I have spent my full budget anyway, though I am sure it is, whilst annoying and misleading (especially after the first GW when it will be difficult to track), just cosmetic and will be rectified soon.

eagle224
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Veteran

Post by eagle224 »

My side value is 97.0m but showing as 103.0m. The API equivalent for this page also shows my team value as 100.0m and bank as 3.0m so it looks like every team is valued at 'value' + 'bank' as suggested. I checked to see if you could overspend on the transfers page by going over 100m budget by 1.5m but couldn't, so it seems to be just cosmetic.
tv1.png
tv2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by eagle224 on 10 Aug 2019, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.

SuitedPower
Kevin and Perry

Post by SuitedPower »

Interesting, the subs scores are also showing as 0 at the moment, even the ones who played today. Might rectify after tonights update

SuitedPower
Kevin and Perry

Post by SuitedPower »

When you go to "My Team" now and set up for the new GW, shouldn't "Free Hit" be available? I realise it wasn't there in GW 1 for obvious reasons but now we are setting up for GW 2 it should be back? Using desktop chrome.

Edit : Free Hit appears to be available on the mobile app version but not on the desktop version of the website.

CrypticMethod
Kevin and Perry

Post by CrypticMethod »

How did so many bugs get passed through testing this year? Really poor and unacceptable imo.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

Slightly annoying that (on desktop at least) you can't drag-n-drop to change sub order but now have to "switch"...

eagle224
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Veteran

Post by eagle224 »

+1 drag and drop

Also quite annoying on desktop version that the page opens at the page footer when following the league standing links from My Team. This also happens a lot when trying to view the team pages for your league members. It's seems to be related to where the link is on the page, the further down it is the more likely the new page will open at the footer.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

SuitedPower wrote:When you go to "My Team" now and set up for the new GW, shouldn't "Free Hit" be available? I realise it wasn't there in GW 1 for obvious reasons but now we are setting up for GW 2 it should be back? Using desktop chrome.

Edit : Free Hit appears to be available on the mobile app version but not on the desktop version of the website.
Not available on mobile Android

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

burkeyoa
Wideboy

Leave League option too accessible

Post by burkeyoa »

Can anyone explain why when you click on a league, Standing and Leave League are beside each other? It also doesn't even prompt you for a confirmation just boots you out.

I run a cash league and have now had several people left the league by accident when looking to check the league standings. Surely leave league doesn't need to be as prominent as League Standings.

Question I have is when someone rejoins the league after accidentally leaving will their GW1 score still be counted do we know? If not this is going to cause my league havoc :roll:

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Re: Leave League option to accessible

Post by Oxford NZ »

In a classic league if a manager joins a league part way through a season ( ie GW2) but they had a registered a FPL team in GW1 then they will be added to the league and their total points from and including GW1 will count.
You see a lot of players joining leagues at the end of the season just because they stand a chance of winning.

germainelefoe
Red & Blue Braces

Post by germainelefoe »

burkeyoa wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 11:10 Can anyone explain why when you click on a league, Standing and Leave League are beside each other? It also doesn't even prompt you for a confirmation just boots you out.
I agree this is poor. The interface last year was a little different in that if you directly clicked on a league on your list it would just take you to the standings. To get the option to leave you had to click on a slightly different place. The option to leave also asked you for confirmation before actually doing so.

It's bad enough that they always put the option to leave right in your face whenever you click on a league now, but if the site does not ask for confirmation it really is going to cause havoc. The mobile version of the website works exactly the same and peoples thumbs are large. There will be a lot of accidental league leaving where money is at stake.
Oxford NZ wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 11:20 In a classic league if a manager joins a league part way through a season ( ie GW2) but they had a registered a FPL team in GW1 then they will be added to the league and their total points from and including GW1 will count.
You see a lot of players joining leagues at the end of the season just because they stand a chance of winning.
I believe there is an option to close a league to new entrys and cash league managers do this to avoid the problem of people getting hold of the code and joining further down the line. This could cause real trouble if someone who accidentaly leaves a money league cannot rejoin.

germainelefoe
Red & Blue Braces

Post by germainelefoe »

To me the website seems to have taken a downturn this year. There are a lot of bugs that should have been picked up. Stuff like Adrian not being in the game until after he got subbed on shows there isn't someone paying attention where they should. Yes players had to be added in after the fact before but not one as high profile as Liverpool's only reserve keeper.

Design faults which have now been inserted into the website like this leave league option and drag/drop being removed are also quite poor. My guess is they put people in charge of all this stuff who don't play the game themselves.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Has anyone managed to lock their league? I tick the box and then hit Update, but nothing happens.

True Blues
Treebeard

Post by True Blues »

I inadvertently left one of my leagues on Sunday morning. It was user error but I hadn't expected the leave option to be so prominent and you would expect a 'are you sure' type verification. I've re-joined and no harm done but I agree they need to move that link.

SuitedPower
Kevin and Perry

Post by SuitedPower »

Bench points display bug fixed, rest still to be addressed.

Payet
Treebeard
FS Record: 2016/2017: 8.879

Update league button ''dead''

Post by Payet »

Anyone with the same problem?

Can't modify any of the leagues I'm running.
Already sent a few e-mails to the FPL, but no response and no changes.

Does anyone know if there is another way to contact them except the FPL page?

Payet
Treebeard

Re: League Updates.

Post by Payet »

Update league button is ''dead''.
Can not modify any of the leagues I am running.

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

Payet wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 07:06 Update league button is ''dead''.

I think most of the admin page is messed up (You can actually see bits of code on the H2H Leagues Admin page. :roll: :lol: ) I reported problems to them about 10 days ago (viewtopic.php?f=18&t=130653). The last update I got was that they were hoping to get everything fixed before the GW1 deadline. That never happened and I had to trash 5 of the FISO H2H Leagues because of it. :evil:

MorrisonDullforce
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Inaugural FPL British Bulldog sidegame winner 2013/14. 2014 Fantasy Commonwealth Games Winner

Post by MorrisonDullforce »

I receive this email today:

Hi Robert,

There seems to be an issue with the update leagues button at the moment.

Just so you're aware, we've passed on this issue to the developers and we're hoping it will be resolved as soon as possible.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Regards
Fantasy Premier League Support

I wouldn't hold your breath.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

germainelefoe wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 13:12 Stuff like Adrian not being in the game until after he got subbed on shows there isn't someone paying attention where they should.
Spot on, that was a really bizarre one when we think about it. He was signed four days before the season started and FPL towers still failed to add him! I think he would have been at least remotely thinkable pick for those who had Alisson in goal (not something I would have done by any means, but still) and a very important pick for Draft managers! Don't FPL towers think about Draft managers at all?

If we truly think about it there shouldn't be any reason why adding any player takes more than one day after the signing, right?

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

jacksosi wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 14:05 Has anyone managed to lock their league? I tick the box and then hit Update, but nothing happens.
I've managed to lock mine. Even though you don't get any confirmation of it, if the box is ticked you should see that the option to invite players has disappeared because the league is locked.

Payet
Treebeard

Post by Payet »

MorrisonDullforce wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 17:39

Hi Robert,

Just so you're aware, we've passed on this issue to the developers and we're hoping it will be resolved as soon as possible.

Regards

Thanks.

I just hope they will fix it before GW2 because it's a money league and I have to bring back that one player who paid the participation fee.

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Re: Team Value (and other) FPL site bugs

Post by ajcairns »

I keep pestering the @OfficialFPL twitter as well to try and get some action.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

It's free at the end of the day

germainelefoe
Red & Blue Braces

Post by germainelefoe »

They have now acknowledged publically the app is full of bugs and is getting fixed. They seem to think the website is fine though

https://twitter.com/OfficialFPL/status/ ... 8573495297

TBF most of the stuff with the website just seems to be poor design now, no drag and drop, too easy to leave leagues etc.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Only way to see free hit chip is go back to 1989 and buy a laptop, or use the app

Try and use a mobile nadda

germainelefoe
Red & Blue Braces

Post by germainelefoe »

Billy Bongo wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 10:46 Only way to see free hit chip is go back to 1989 and buy a laptop, or use the app

Try and use a mobile nadda
Apparently if you go to actually make transfers, the confirmation screen asks if you want to play free hit. Not tried it myself though.

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

It seems like FPL Towers are taking longer every year to get their sh1t sorted at the start of the season.

Probably all tree hugging, Brexit haters, millennial snowflakes, Labour voters in that IT team...

:P

MorrisonDullforce
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Inaugural FPL British Bulldog sidegame winner 2013/14. 2014 Fantasy Commonwealth Games Winner

Post by MorrisonDullforce »

Payet wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 20:26
MorrisonDullforce wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 17:39

Hi Robert,

Regards

Thanks.

I just hope they will fix it before GW2 because it's a money league and I have to bring back that one player who paid the participation fee.

Despite my cynicism, it appears the changing league name/update league button has been fixed :D

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”