FPL GW15 Preview -- Predicted EPL Line-Ups 3-5 Dec: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
View Latest: 1 Day | FISO Injury Search

Robertson / TAA

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Robbo Vs Alexander-Arnold

Robertson
44
38%
TAA
37
32%
Both
27
23%
Neither
9
8%
 
Total votes: 117

User avatar
Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight
Posts: 29744
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:42
Location: having a picnic at the Bear Mountain

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by Zimmerman » 10 Aug 2019, 09:56

But for most people that would mean three transfers

Or for those with Alisson, 2 transfers

And ultimately they are that bit more vulnerable at the back sans Alisson.

User avatar
murf
FISO Baron
Posts: 91122
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Location: In the Highlands, reanimated and waiting on Christopher Lambert
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
Contact:

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by murf » 14 Aug 2019, 19:48

TAA rested/rotated for Super Cup tonight. Matip CB. Gomez RB.

A good thing - less league rotation or a bad sign of things to come?

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1484
Joined: 19 Jul 2015, 00:29
FS Record: Reasonable

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by Hotstepper » 14 Aug 2019, 20:10

murf wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 19:48
TAA rested/rotated for Super Cup tonight. Matip CB. Gomez RB.

A good thing - less league rotation or a bad sign of things to come?
Because I don't own TAA I'll choose to say its a warning sign of Klopp's rotation options. Klopp will probably use this to give TAA a "rest in the easier games", every fifth or sixth ish game.

Would be a different story if I owned him.

FootballFanatic
Red & Blue Braces
Posts: 339
Joined: 15 Aug 2017, 14:08

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by FootballFanatic » 14 Aug 2019, 20:14

murf wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 19:48
TAA rested/rotated for Super Cup tonight. Matip CB. Gomez RB.

A good thing - less league rotation or a bad sign of things to come?
I’d imagine Gomez will play right back a fair bit, he did last season pre injury

User avatar
murf
FISO Baron
Posts: 91122
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Location: In the Highlands, reanimated and waiting on Christopher Lambert
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
Contact:

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by murf » 14 Aug 2019, 20:17

FootballFanatic wrote:
murf wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 19:48
TAA rested/rotated for Super Cup tonight. Matip CB. Gomez RB.

A good thing - less league rotation or a bad sign of things to come?
I’d imagine Gomez will play right back a fair bit, he did last season pre injury
Not last season. Season before he did.

User avatar
Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight
Posts: 29744
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:42
Location: having a picnic at the Bear Mountain

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by Zimmerman » 14 Aug 2019, 20:22

Yep...was mostly van dijks partner last season before injury. He did play right back in a couple (PSG alway and Burnley where he got injured spring to mind).

User avatar
Stevieste
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2947
Joined: 19 Aug 2017, 10:28
FS Record: 1500

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by Stevieste » 14 Aug 2019, 20:25

I can see TAA being tried in a more advanced position this season in games, when he maybe wants to rest Salah or Mane.

User avatar
Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight
Posts: 29744
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:42
Location: having a picnic at the Bear Mountain

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by Zimmerman » 14 Aug 2019, 20:39

Haven’t got enough defenders to be trying that.

TAA
Gomez
Van Dijk
Matip
Robertson
That’s it (if Lovren goes as expected).

User avatar
RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1429
Joined: 27 Jan 2017, 09:58
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan » 14 Aug 2019, 20:52

Not a lot of defenders is it?! But I guess Milner can cover both full back positions if needed.

HungryHungrySuarez
Treebeard
Posts: 291
Joined: 16 Jul 2014, 19:32

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by HungryHungrySuarez » 14 Aug 2019, 20:55

I just hope TAA doesn't get rested as much as the previous season as he's a year older and stronger now. No reason why he shouldn't be able to turn up week in week out like robertson does really.

User avatar
Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight
Posts: 29744
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:42
Location: having a picnic at the Bear Mountain

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by Zimmerman » 14 Aug 2019, 20:58

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 20:52
Not a lot of defenders is it?! But I guess Milner can cover both full back positions if needed.
I think that’s the plan.
Milner can cover both FB
Gomez can cover RB
Fabinho can cover CB

User avatar
RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1429
Joined: 27 Jan 2017, 09:58
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan » 14 Aug 2019, 21:00

HungryHungrySuarez wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 20:55
I just hope TAA doesn't get rested as much as the previous season as he's a year older and stronger now. No reason why he shouldn't be able to turn up week in week out like robertson does really.
Well he should be straight back in the team this weekend considering how badly Gomez and Matip are doing tonight so far.

User avatar
Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight
Posts: 29744
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:42
Location: having a picnic at the Bear Mountain

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by Zimmerman » 14 Aug 2019, 21:13

Are they doing badly or is (was) the midfield leaving them totally exposed?

User avatar
RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1429
Joined: 27 Jan 2017, 09:58
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan » 14 Aug 2019, 21:24

Was the chicken sick or were the eggs rotten?

User avatar
eastcentral1
Dumbledore
Posts: 5222
Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 16:38

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by eastcentral1 » 14 Aug 2019, 21:26

Zimmerman wrote:Are they doing badly or is (was) the midfield leaving them totally exposed?
The latter

goooner
Wideboy
Posts: 89
Joined: 19 Nov 2017, 19:37

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by goooner » 14 Aug 2019, 22:46

TAA wil get more rests in ”thougher” games IF you see it from a defence perspective.
Not the ”easier” game that someome said. Its pretty simple and would benefit his PPM as it did last season.

But he Will still play atleast 34 leauge games and score equal to Robertson. So dont see the big problem here....

HungryHungrySuarez
Treebeard
Posts: 291
Joined: 16 Jul 2014, 19:32

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by HungryHungrySuarez » 14 Aug 2019, 23:23

I guess it's not an issue if you have adequate bench cover. The issue arises if Robertson starts to bag a couple of goals, as he'll clear TAA + bench fodder score easily if he does.

So do you think TAA is benched due to defensive frailty rather than physical?

Striker
FISO Knight
Posts: 10754
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:32

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by Striker » 15 Aug 2019, 21:28

goooner wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 22:46
TAA wil get more rests in ”thougher” games IF you see it from a defence perspective.
Not the ”easier” game that someome said. Its pretty simple and would benefit his PPM as it did last season.

But he Will still play atleast 34 leauge games and score equal to Robertson. So dont see the big problem here....
Surprised that you're the first poster to have mentioned TAA's defensive limitations. The fact that he is a brilliant assist machine should not allow us to forget his defensive frailities. I wouldn't be surprised if he was rotated at times. His extra fantasy points in the games that he does play may or may not enable him to outscore other Liverpool defenders. Hopefully his defensive ability will improve so that we don't have a difficult decision to make.

Owsler
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3842
Joined: 06 Feb 2016, 09:48

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by Owsler » 15 Aug 2019, 21:58

I'm 80% sure I'm moving TAA out for Wan-Bissaka before this weekend. Not so keen on doubling up on Liverpool defenders this season.

User avatar
Stevieste
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2947
Joined: 19 Aug 2017, 10:28
FS Record: 1500

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by Stevieste » 16 Aug 2019, 08:37

Owsler wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 21:58
I'm 80% sure I'm moving TAA out for Wan-Bissaka before this weekend. Not so keen on doubling up on Liverpool defenders this season.
He will play 90 mins tomorrow after being rested against Chelsea.
Id wait one more gameweek if i was you

jack1092
Wideboy
Posts: 56
Joined: 13 Aug 2018, 09:55

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by jack1092 » 16 Aug 2019, 14:14

They also have Ki-Jana for back up right back and left back. Milner will be first be back up for Robbo and Gomez for TAA but after that it’ll more than likely be hoever as long as the fixture isn’t extremely difficult.

Lovren isn’t going anywhere unless something changes. So a very strong 4 cbs to go to war with, along with the young Van Den Berg. Klopp wants to pave a path for to first team for him and that’s why he considered Lovrens sale if you believe the LFC media.

I do agree though without Alisson, The LFC backline doesn’t as solid for a few games anyway. Adrian whilst being a decent deputy wont be as good.

I’ve Robbo and VVD and will maybe take one out in the next week or so

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 72232
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.
Contact:

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by blahblah » 16 Aug 2019, 14:17

Adrian has a bad ankle....

User avatar
murf
FISO Baron
Posts: 91122
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Location: In the Highlands, reanimated and waiting on Christopher Lambert
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
Contact:

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by murf » 16 Aug 2019, 14:17

Lovren only isn't going anywhere as the expected offer turned out to be for a loan only. If they come back with something more substantial he'll be gone.

Agent Overson
Treebeard
Posts: 193
Joined: 11 Jun 2019, 13:10

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by Agent Overson » 16 Aug 2019, 14:33

jack1092 wrote:
16 Aug 2019, 14:14
They also have Ki-Jana for back up right back and left back. Milner will be first be back up for Robbo and Gomez for TAA but after that it’ll more than likely be hoever as long as the fixture isn’t extremely difficult.
Did he come from the Bundesliga or Liverpool's academy?

User avatar
murf
FISO Baron
Posts: 91122
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Location: In the Highlands, reanimated and waiting on Christopher Lambert
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
Contact:

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by murf » 16 Aug 2019, 14:46

Agent Overson wrote:
16 Aug 2019, 14:33
jack1092 wrote:
16 Aug 2019, 14:14
They also have Ki-Jana for back up right back and left back. Milner will be first be back up for Robbo and Gomez for TAA but after that it’ll more than likely be hoever as long as the fixture isn’t extremely difficult.
Did he come from the Bundesliga or Liverpool's academy?
He is Dutch (not German) - signed from Ajax this time last year (not sure if he played for their first team)

Agent Overson
Treebeard
Posts: 193
Joined: 11 Jun 2019, 13:10

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by Agent Overson » 16 Aug 2019, 14:50

Genuinely thought he had misspelt whoever. My bad.

User avatar
Stemania
FISO Knight
Posts: 19963
Joined: 27 Aug 2006, 11:54
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF 4th (Live HoF...errr...1st)

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by Stemania » 16 Aug 2019, 15:08

Agent Overson wrote:
16 Aug 2019, 14:50
Genuinely thought he had misspelt whoever. My bad.
Brilliant. :lol:

User avatar
murf
FISO Baron
Posts: 91122
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Location: In the Highlands, reanimated and waiting on Christopher Lambert
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
Contact:

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by murf » 16 Aug 2019, 15:33

:lol:

hatever :wink:

User avatar
Taff Murray
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1557
Joined: 23 Jul 2011, 17:19
Location: Cheshire, UK
FS Record: FISO 5AS FA Cup Winner 2016/17, FISO 5AS Champions League Winner 2018/19 Best FPL Pos 11/12 - 9959th

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by Taff Murray » 16 Aug 2019, 17:42

Is Robertson looking like dropping? He is currently 5th on the transferred out stats on FPL.

Owsler
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3842
Joined: 06 Feb 2016, 09:48

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by Owsler » 16 Aug 2019, 18:01

Stevieste wrote:
16 Aug 2019, 08:37
Owsler wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 21:58
I'm 80% sure I'm moving TAA out for Wan-Bissaka before this weekend. Not so keen on doubling up on Liverpool defenders this season.
He will play 90 mins tomorrow after being rested against Chelsea.
Id wait one more gameweek if i was you
Even with Adrian (maybe) being out?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts
Post Reply

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: altitudetw and 27 guests