To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

template or not to template

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
pdhmobile
Red & Blue Braces

Post by pdhmobile »

Hello all,

Just a thought as we get closer to the kick of the new season....

I have read alot of articles/post/opinions on who to pick and why and there seems to be a clear template (or popular selections) going around, the likes of VVD, TAA, Zink, Digne, Salah, Sterling, LEI midfielder, Dendoncker, Fraser, King Wilson.
However, I remember thinking this last season and when the teams actually came out (members on here anyway) their were alot of players not even mentioned, so the question is

Who are you really going to have in your opening squad, any AVL, SHU, NOR, BUR, WHU, CHE??

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Re: template or not to template

Post by Sutter Kane »

Enablers and goalkeepers may come from those sides. Chelsea are obviously the interesting standout there so Barkley may be in people's thoughts.

Those players from the latter teams are less predictable from the information we currently possess, so they are not generally in the template for a solid reason. They also have some tricky fixtures on the whole whereas we are slightly swerving our squads towards easier starts to the season. Chelsea aside, those sides have a habit of inhabiting (see what I accidentally did there...I shall call it 'habiteration') the lower echelons of the league table which perhaps doesn't bode well for a lot of their assets. There's bound to be a gem or two from each side but good luck picking that one at this point of the season.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

yes well I might put Heaton and Wood to start with, but with Liverpool and City having good opening fixtures, the star players from those teams would be expected to rise in value quickly , and its better to get them at base price. I'm a bit wary that the Bournemouth stars of last season are overpriced and if it wasn't for them drawing Sheffield Utd first up they would not be template, so expecting a mass exodus to turn Wilson into Aguero or another top forward quite soon and using Fraser for funds. I'm tempted to go without one of both of those Bournemouth to spread the risk but expecting them to score good points against a promoted side, but also i am thinking they could be replaced by Persic or Pepe or Pogba so reducing the need to wildcard early, then what about Spurs v Aston Villa surely a cakewalk? My choice currently is to leave Sterling out, but then again he's already fit and in good form and can only rise in value you would think, Waiting for this weekend I wish I knew if Salah would start GW1 for sure.

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

As we get information in this week we all feel a little more comfortable with our punts. At the moment we 95% of us (looking at Blah here) are playing safe but we all have players we want but are unsure of (Perez, Barkley, Lanzini, Martial, Moura etc), pressers might offer us the confidence to punt on one or two. That confidence plus the lack of time before the deadline also stops us second guessing ourselves based on the hive mind hence some template divergence.

I'm either going Digne or a Taylor/Diop rotation in defence, currently got Henderson in goal & I think Barkley is likely for me as well.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

As for the title of this thread, that's certainly not template!!

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Posts concerning a GW1BB moved to the so-titled thread. :D

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”