To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Youtubers, Podcasts etc

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Dragon!Mullet
Treebeard

Re: Youtubers, Podcasts etc

Post by Dragon!Mullet »

Has anyone mentioned Capkin Gaming on YT so far? A fun little channel with competent advice for the most part. :D

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

The weird Yank on Studio 90 is kinda ok tbh.

I have commented the Aussies YouTube asking if Skippy is an innuendo 😎

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

blahblah wrote: ↑21 Aug 2019, 23:00 Welcome back, kidda...

Apologies, but they can be knocked and mocked as they YouTube etc so they think they are wise, and they definitely aren't entertaining. My guess is that any Ranking Claim to Fame is just from following the masses...

The strangest thing for me is that none of the ones I have watched seem to consider any real football stuff ie formstions, tactics the skill\ability of the player etc. Jeepers a Benteke brace this weekend and they'll all be buying him πŸ˜‚

Thank you sir, hope you are good.

I guess you're right, if you put yourself out there you are there to be shot at, I just respect their efforts even though I do find them to be, how do you say, a little tiresome after a while.

They are not for me this year, haven't listened to one since the end of last season & have no interest to at all now.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Thanks I'm almost ok πŸ˜‚ You good?

Yeah it could be my age and not getting Soshawl Meediah ie spouting banal garbage is ok and agreeing with the most owned is 😎

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I really should compliment Off the Ball from the Emerald Isle. They nail a lot of real football stuff, and Kilbame should be how he is there on BBC; his "Fred isn't a footballer, he can't pass..." was brilliant and funny.

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

blahblah wrote: ↑21 Aug 2019, 23:29 Thanks I'm almost ok πŸ˜‚ You good?

Yeah it could be my age and not getting Soshawl Meediah ie spouting banal garbage is ok and agreeing with the most owned is 😎
All good here thanks.

Yes, I got heavily into social media in the last couple of years, dawned on me in the Summer that it's not actually a good thing because it's so reactionary & at times too hysterical, I guess it's the FFS comments section on speed.

Agent Overson
Treebeard

Post by Agent Overson »

Stemania wrote: ↑30 Jul 2019, 11:51
Agent Overson wrote: ↑30 Jul 2019, 11:47 There is one (can't remember which) that has a presenter that feels the need to swear all the time. That's the worst one.
I believe that's FPL FML. I dipped in but recently unsubscribed. The swearing seems to be their USP. :lol:
It's actually the second guy from Planet FPL who sounds like Troopz from Arsenal Fan TV. I'd rather listen to an American talk about FPL than someone who speaks 'Yes bruv'.

The main guy is a decent, free flowing host though so no issue with him.
ajcairns wrote: ↑21 Aug 2019, 19:40 I gave the Luke and Az show (FPL Mavericks) another go. There are actually small shoots of encouragment there, particularly Lukes mini (really mini) rant about people commenting on RMTs without Salah and how people "hang out the back of him, like he's god's gift". This could be a USP for them if they decide to say it how it is - much like some on here have the ability to do quite eloquently.
FPL TopGuns. Had a listen and was one of the better ones. Still nothing unique though.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Caf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mostly 250k finishes!

Post by Caf »

blahblah wrote: ↑22 Sep 2019, 11:23 https://youtu.be/xRwEBirJaRU

😱😱😱
I can only assume that what's shocked you is that the guy on the left has forgotten to put any trousers on. :)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yes. Well he seems to be "wearing" very short very tight brown ones....

And why the full lengthed sleeved shirt? :?

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

There were two guys in that video.

Fergi222
FISOhead
FS Record: DreamTeam Champion 20/21, Highest FPL Rank 715th, Top 100 in Sky and TFF

The FPL Podcast by Fantasy Football Hub

Post by Fergi222 »

Don't know if you guys have seen it but Fantasy Football Hub are recording live podcasts on a Monday evening at 8pm. Tonight we have Ben Crellin on, should be a good one!

Live Stream link here: http://youtu.be/f0XArjtxYDY

Subscribe here: https://fantasyfootballhub.co.uk/the-fp ... tball-hub/

Cheers

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Re: The FPL Podcast by Fantasy Football Hub

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Have been following it, it's good! Particularly like Adam Hopcroft.

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Its excellent. I actually look forward to listening to this more than the Scoutcast these days. Just 3 or 4 really good FPL managers discussing FPL, making clear, well reasoned intelligent points, without too much inward gazing at their own teams.

Adam knows what he is talking about and is very good on developing strategies and identifying opportunities in structure and or the fixture list, I find myself taking onboard his advice frequently.

It was a real shame that last night Adam wasn't on, as I was looking forward to the interaction between him and Ben on chip strategy. Nevertheless, it was still an excellent episode and there were some interesting theories on chips and which teams to target. 2 of the guys had already wildcarded too so it was especially useful for those in the same position. Only criticism I had was that Ben didn't discuss the likelihood or placement of any extra DGW's in the schedule other than a possible DGW29. I hope they revisit the topic in a few weeks when the blanks are known and get Ben and Adam back on together.

Edit - I've just realised that the poster here Fergi222 is the podcast host, Andrew! :lol: Love the podcast, keep up the great work! I think the way the podcast is structured is ideal and allows for flowing, natural debate, and offers something different to the way other podcasts and videos are done, which tend to be more short form. Cheers

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Nice spot TRM! Fergie222, you wily old fox

Fergi222
FISOhead
FS Record: DreamTeam Champion 20/21, Highest FPL Rank 715th, Top 100 in Sky and TFF

Post by Fergi222 »

Haha good spot chaps, glad you are enjoying and I really appreciate your feedback. If you or anyone else has any other suggestions for improvement or would like the guys to talk about something specific please let me know!

Fergi222
FISOhead

The FPL Podcast by Fantasy Football Hub

Post by Fergi222 »

LIVE stream: https://youtu.be/YXjgh_b3rho

πŸŽ™ #FPL Podcast/Video LIVE πŸŽ™

Talking blank Gameweek 31 picks and differentials

Tonight from 8pm with:

@fplfantasyguide

@ahopcroft13

@Fergi222

and special guest @FPLCoach

Hopefully see you there!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts