View Latest: 1 Day | FISO Injury Search

Goalkeepers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
User avatar
tommygun25
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2387
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:33

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by tommygun25 » 09 Aug 2019, 16:04

Etheridge was the best keeper last year by a mile!

User avatar
Lucky
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1333
Joined: 13 Sep 2006, 07:24

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by Lucky » 09 Aug 2019, 16:15

So do you suggest Krul tonight for a penalty save against Salah? 😜

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 72500
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.
Contact:

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by blahblah » 09 Aug 2019, 16:17

Lucky wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2019, 16:15
So do you suggest Krul tonight for a penalty save against Salah? 😜
I hope so

User avatar
jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3696
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; hiding since...

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by jacksosi » 09 Aug 2019, 16:19

blahblah wrote:
Lucky wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2019, 16:15
So do you suggest Krul tonight for a penalty save against Salah? Image
I hope so
Nooo! That will really take the gloss off his hattrick Image

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 72500
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.
Contact:

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by blahblah » 09 Aug 2019, 16:20

jacksosi wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2019, 16:19
blahblah wrote:
Lucky wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2019, 16:15
So do you suggest Krul tonight for a penalty save against Salah? Image
I hope so
Nooo! That will really take the gloss off his hattrick Image
I'm a NoMo bod :lol:

User avatar
Lucky
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1333
Joined: 13 Sep 2006, 07:24

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by Lucky » 09 Aug 2019, 16:21

jacksosi wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2019, 16:19
blahblah wrote:
Lucky wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2019, 16:15
So do you suggest Krul tonight for a penalty save against Salah? Image
I hope so
Nooo! That will really take the gloss off his hattrick Image
So you better have both. πŸ˜‚

MinimalFuss
Kevin and Perry
Posts: 40
Joined: 06 Aug 2015, 11:45

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by MinimalFuss » 09 Aug 2019, 17:16

Lucky wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2019, 16:15
So do you suggest Krul tonight for a penalty save against Salah? 😜
Afraid Fahrmann is likely to be our starting keeper (which as a Norwich City fan I hate)

He's a truly amazing shop stopper, but is also prone to making very bad decisions....basically we bought the German Joe Hart.

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 72500
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.
Contact:

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by blahblah » 09 Aug 2019, 18:03

MinimalFuss wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2019, 17:16
Lucky wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2019, 16:15
So do you suggest Krul tonight for a penalty save against Salah? 😜
Afraid Fahrmann is likely to be our starting keeper (which as a Norwich City fan I hate)

He's a truly amazing shop stopper, but is also prone to making very bad decisions....basically we bought the German Joe Hart.
Hopefully he will keep Mosa Lah out 8-)

User avatar
math!
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 4837
Joined: 01 Aug 2015, 03:30

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by math! » 09 Aug 2019, 18:15

MinimalFuss wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2019, 17:16
Lucky wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2019, 16:15
So do you suggest Krul tonight for a penalty save against Salah? 😜
Afraid Fahrmann is likely to be our starting keeper (which as a Norwich City fan I hate)

He's a truly amazing shop stopper, but is also prone to making very bad decisions....basically we bought the German Joe Hart.
Could be worse. Could be the german Karius. Which would basically mean you bought Karius. :lol:

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 72500
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.
Contact:

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by blahblah » 09 Aug 2019, 18:16

math! wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2019, 18:15
MinimalFuss wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2019, 17:16
Lucky wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2019, 16:15
So do you suggest Krul tonight for a penalty save against Salah? 😜
Afraid Fahrmann is likely to be our starting keeper (which as a Norwich City fan I hate)

He's a truly amazing shop stopper, but is also prone to making very bad decisions....basically we bought the German Joe Hart.
Could be worse. Could be the german Karius. Which would basically mean you bought Karius. :lol:
Incredible :|

User avatar
Lucky
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1333
Joined: 13 Sep 2006, 07:24

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by Lucky » 09 Aug 2019, 19:49

MinimalFuss wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2019, 17:16
Lucky wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2019, 16:15
So do you suggest Krul tonight for a penalty save against Salah? 😜
Afraid Fahrmann is likely to be our starting keeper (which as a Norwich City fan I hate)

He's a truly amazing shop stopper, but is also prone to making very bad decisions....basically we bought the German Joe Hart.
Krul in goal. I hope now he does not save a penalty. πŸ€”

Notned
FISO Knight
Posts: 10565
Joined: 13 Sep 2013, 12:30

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by Notned » 09 Aug 2019, 20:13

Ryan and Button for me. Base price and decent fixtures.

The point spread is relatively small across the position, so I prefer to save money there and try and gain elsewhere in the positions with higher ceilings. Always prefer a keeper and their back up too, saves the rotation headaches and counters the risk of unexpected injuries or benchings.

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 72500
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.
Contact:

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by blahblah » 09 Aug 2019, 20:19

Lucky wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2019, 19:49
MinimalFuss wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2019, 17:16
Lucky wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2019, 16:15
So do you suggest Krul tonight for a penalty save against Salah? 😜
Afraid Fahrmann is likely to be our starting keeper (which as a Norwich City fan I hate)

He's a truly amazing shop stopper, but is also prone to making very bad decisions....basically we bought the German Joe Hart.
Krul in goal. I hope now he does not save a penalty. πŸ€”
FPL Prayer Mat for me :lol:

MinimalFuss
Kevin and Perry
Posts: 40
Joined: 06 Aug 2015, 11:45

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by MinimalFuss » 11 Aug 2019, 18:33

Lucky wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2019, 19:49
MinimalFuss wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2019, 17:16
Lucky wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2019, 16:15
So do you suggest Krul tonight for a penalty save against Salah? 😜
Afraid Fahrmann is likely to be our starting keeper (which as a Norwich City fan I hate)

He's a truly amazing shop stopper, but is also prone to making very bad decisions....basically we bought the German Joe Hart.
Krul in goal. I hope now he does not save a penalty. πŸ€”
Well that was unexpected, I think Krul did well too, hopefully he'll stay in!

User avatar
tommygun25
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2387
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:33

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by tommygun25 » 12 Aug 2019, 12:26

blahblah wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2019, 16:03
tommygun25 wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2019, 16:01
Stevieste wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2019, 13:39
tommygun25 wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2019, 13:02
Button starts for me over Ryan every week.

Dirty tactic that could happen: Ryan takes out striker in the box and gets a red card (-3) Button comes on and has opportunity of a penalty save (+5) potential 8 point swing for just starting your non-starting keeper.
Why do i like this idea so much, all though id be gutted if they played on a Friday night and there was a Monday game and had to wat 4 days to get my points from Ryan as he had 6 sat on my bench and i could have been sat at the top of the league all weekend 😳
It's worth a punt if you own Ryan and will mess with your league rivals head when you get points added later!
Yep, and the sensible thing to do if you have both from 1 Club.....
0 points from my 1st choice keeper Button 9 from the bench! 8-)

User avatar
Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2101
Joined: 30 Sep 2008, 17:35
Location: I'm not really here

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by Mr Clarinet » 12 Aug 2019, 13:03

Still, it might be considered regrettable if Ryan injures himself taking a goal-kick after 80 minutes, with a clean sheet, a penalty stop and 9 saves already in the bank... :wink:

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 72500
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.
Contact:

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by blahblah » 12 Aug 2019, 13:08

Mr Clarinet wrote: ↑
12 Aug 2019, 13:03
Still, it might be considered regrettable if Ryan injures himself taking a goal-kick after 80 minutes, with a clean sheet, a penalty stop and 9 saves already in the bank... :wink:
Highly unlikely though....

That typed and having fine this in the past. I don't think any GK's were sent off last season.

User avatar
Tall Paul
Dumbledore
Posts: 6004
Joined: 27 Aug 2008, 12:57

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by Tall Paul » 12 Aug 2019, 13:33

blahblah wrote: ↑
12 Aug 2019, 13:08
Mr Clarinet wrote: ↑
12 Aug 2019, 13:03
Still, it might be considered regrettable if Ryan injures himself taking a goal-kick after 80 minutes, with a clean sheet, a penalty stop and 9 saves already in the bank... :wink:
Highly unlikely though....

That typed and having fine this in the past. I don't think any GK's were sent off last season.
And they're less likely to be sent off since they changed the law regarding penalties for denying a goalscoring opportunity.

User avatar
thelimey
Treebeard
Posts: 112
Joined: 11 Aug 2010, 20:57

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by thelimey » 12 Aug 2019, 13:37

Last GK red card was in 15/16 season, up until then it used to happen 2-4 times a season.

User avatar
Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2101
Joined: 30 Sep 2008, 17:35
Location: I'm not really here

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by Mr Clarinet » 12 Aug 2019, 14:01

blahblah wrote: ↑
12 Aug 2019, 13:08
Mr Clarinet wrote: ↑
12 Aug 2019, 13:03
Still, it might be considered regrettable if Ryan injures himself taking a goal-kick after 80 minutes, with a clean sheet, a penalty stop and 9 saves already in the bank... :wink:
Highly unlikely though....

That typed and having fine this in the past. I don't think any GK's were sent off last season.
Ah, ok, I give up. My point (made with a :wink:) was meant to be that the scenario outlined by tg25 was highly unlikely in the first place, and whichever way round we choose the 2 keepers from the same club, there is a possible undesirable downside to the decision. I wouldn't know how to quantify the two relative (un)likelihoods. My version (above) didn't depend on any GK red cards. Never mind.

NorthBankRedemption
Kevin and Perry
Posts: 30
Joined: 02 Aug 2018, 22:09
Location: Brooklyn
FS Record: Dismal

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by NorthBankRedemption » 19 Oct 2019, 02:37

I'm currently on Heaton and Pope

but they both have some tough fixtures coming up.

Only 0.2 in the bank now after I've upgraded to Aubameyang.

I was thinking about Ryan or Henderson but they have some tricky ones as well.

I could go with Patricio but would only have 4.2 after so the other would be a non-starter.

It actually may not be worth it to do any transfers back there and sit through it the more I think about it.

Anyone keen on any budget keepers for the upcoming fixtures? Or longer term?

User avatar
Mav3rick
FISO Knight
Posts: 17184
Joined: 20 Jul 2009, 20:35
FS Record: The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by Mav3rick » 19 Oct 2019, 06:13

I think most people view GK transfers as a bit of a luxury, plus you can always end up with an unexpected good score from a cheap keeper in a tough away game.

But, if you're looking to make a move, perhaps see how long Lloris is expected to be out for as Gazzaniga has some good fixtures in the short and medium term.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
Posts: 1125
Joined: 01 Jul 2009, 07:58
Location: NEW ZEALAND
FS Record: ♀️ 10/11 FPL 1,444th - FISODAS Champion season 24- Winner FISO First Draft 18-19

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by wahine » 19 Oct 2019, 07:14

i am on Heaton and would like to transfer out next GW due to fixtures and lack of clean sheets :evil: Heaton has already cost me 8 points (which is a considerable amount of rank places) over picking Pope :roll: but hopefully Heaton can get the better of Pope this GW :) but im now considering spending the extra on Patricio who has already risen .2 or Schmeichel :?:

User avatar
Ironfist
FISO Knight
Posts: 12477
Joined: 11 Jul 2009, 14:43
Location: Israel
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th
Contact:

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by Ironfist » 19 Oct 2019, 07:58

wahine wrote: ↑
19 Oct 2019, 07:14
i am on Heaton and would like to transfer out next GW due to fixtures and lack of clean sheets :evil: Heaton has already cost me 8 points (which is a considerable amount of rank places) over picking Pope :roll: but hopefully Heaton can get the better of Pope this GW :) but im now considering spending the extra on Patricio who has already risen .2 or Schmeichel :?:
Schmeichel!

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 72500
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.
Contact:

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by blahblah » 19 Oct 2019, 11:05

Ironfist wrote: ↑
19 Oct 2019, 07:58
wahine wrote: ↑
19 Oct 2019, 07:14
i am on Heaton and would like to transfer out next GW due to fixtures and lack of clean sheets :evil: Heaton has already cost me 8 points (which is a considerable amount of rank places) over picking Pope :roll: but hopefully Heaton can get the better of Pope this GW :) but im now considering spending the extra on Patricio who has already risen .2 or Schmeichel :?:
Schmeichel!
Not you too? 😱

When is Fab due back?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts
Post Reply

Return to β€œFantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Smurphy's Paw, Stevieste, Tootsie, YandexBot and 23 guests