View Latest: 1 Day | FISO Injury Search

Goalkeepers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Egotrip
Kevin and Perry
Posts: 12
Joined: 01 Aug 2018, 20:24
FS Record: 2437

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by Egotrip » 07 Aug 2019, 10:06

Will Begovic be a starter for Bournemouth?

User avatar
redcat1
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1016
Joined: 15 Aug 2012, 22:37

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by redcat1 » 07 Aug 2019, 10:57

Egotrip wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 10:06
Will Begovic be a starter for Bournemouth?
I'd say he's fourth choice

User avatar
xJosh-
Red & Blue Braces
Posts: 353
Joined: 27 Jul 2017, 22:54

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by xJosh- » 07 Aug 2019, 12:00

redcat1 wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 10:57
Egotrip wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 10:06
Will Begovic be a starter for Bournemouth?
I'd say he's fourth choice
Do you think Travers is first? I’ve currently got Travers and Pope as 2 4.5s

User avatar
Stemania
FISO Knight
Posts: 19963
Joined: 27 Aug 2006, 11:54
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF 4th (Live HoF...errr...1st)

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by Stemania » 07 Aug 2019, 12:06

It's really poor of FPL to price all four of Bournemouth's GKs at 4.5m. There should absolutely have been a 4m guy or two in there. :(

User avatar
Taff Murray
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1557
Joined: 23 Jul 2011, 17:19
Location: Cheshire, UK
FS Record: FISO 5AS FA Cup Winner 2016/17, FISO 5AS Champions League Winner 2018/19 Best FPL Pos 11/12 - 9959th

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by Taff Murray » 07 Aug 2019, 12:18

redcat1 wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 10:57
I'd say he's fourth choice
Oh! How the mighty are fallen. I remember when he was pretty much the standard go to GK for FPL as he was always in the cheap bracket but a great shot stopper whoever he played for.

User avatar
redcat1
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1016
Joined: 15 Aug 2012, 22:37

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by redcat1 » 07 Aug 2019, 14:44

xJosh- wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 12:00
redcat1 wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 10:57
Egotrip wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 10:06
Will Begovic be a starter for Bournemouth?
I'd say he's fourth choice
Do you think Travers is first? I’ve currently got Travers and Pope as 2 4.5s
IMO Boruc will start with Travers on the bench. Expect Ramsdale to go out on loan if Begovic is here after the transfer window shuts.

User avatar
math!
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 4837
Joined: 01 Aug 2015, 03:30

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by math! » 07 Aug 2019, 15:27

I'm not rotating 4.5s again after what happened last season. I pick one and the other gets a haul week after week.

Sent from my modern brick using Tikitakatalk


User avatar
Bixer
FISOhead
Posts: 571
Joined: 14 Dec 2015, 09:37

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by Bixer » 07 Aug 2019, 16:28

Stemania wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 12:06
It's really poor of FPL to price all four of Bournemouth's GKs at 4.5m. There should absolutely have been a 4m guy or two in there. :(
Basically FPL headquarters' way of admitting they're as clueless as we are as to who'll start in goal for them.

User avatar
Edwaardz
Treebeard
Posts: 122
Joined: 21 Jul 2014, 16:39

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by Edwaardz » 08 Aug 2019, 12:27

Are we any closer to confirming that Pope is the man at Burnley? Started their final preseason game after returning from injury, but looks like that XI was half starters/half rotation so not necessarily the confirmation we were hoping for.

User avatar
Tall Paul
Dumbledore
Posts: 6004
Joined: 27 Aug 2008, 12:57

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by Tall Paul » 08 Aug 2019, 12:42

Edwaardz wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 12:27
Are we any closer to confirming that Pope is the man at Burnley? Started their final preseason game after returning from injury, but looks like that XI was half starters/half rotation so not necessarily the confirmation we were hoping for.
The alternative is Joe Hart, that's confirmation enough.

User avatar
Klopp-o-matic
Treebeard
Posts: 277
Joined: 23 Jul 2018, 08:56

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by Klopp-o-matic » 09 Aug 2019, 12:49

Which two 4.5ers eould ve good to rotate. Imworki g so not really have time to dig deep into this and I will use this strat this season.

User avatar
Klopp-o-matic
Treebeard
Posts: 277
Joined: 23 Jul 2018, 08:56

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by Klopp-o-matic » 09 Aug 2019, 13:00

Stevieste wrote:
31 Jul 2019, 10:04
Heaton and Pope both 4.5 million and both number 1 keepers, could actually be a good starting plan and rotate them both accordingly
Im leaning to this atm.

MinimalFuss
Kevin and Perry
Posts: 40
Joined: 06 Aug 2015, 11:45

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by MinimalFuss » 09 Aug 2019, 13:00

Klopp-o-matic wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 12:49
Which two 4.5ers eould ve good to rotate. Imworki g so not really have time to dig deep into this and I will use this strat this season.
I think you just need to pick one starting 4.5 and not worry about rotation.

It'll only drive you mad, when will you rotate anyway? for the most easy clean-sheet? but then what about when you miss all those save points?

I'd go Pope, Heaton or Ryan and skip the rotation.

User avatar
tommygun25
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2387
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:33

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by tommygun25 » 09 Aug 2019, 13:02

Button starts for me over Ryan every week.

Dirty tactic that could happen: Ryan takes out striker in the box and gets a red card (-3) Button comes on and has opportunity of a penalty save (+5) potential 8 point swing for just starting your non-starting keeper.

MinimalFuss
Kevin and Perry
Posts: 40
Joined: 06 Aug 2015, 11:45

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by MinimalFuss » 09 Aug 2019, 13:05

tommygun25 wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 13:02
Button starts for me over Ryan every week.

Dirty tactic that could happen: Ryan takes out striker in the box and gets a red card (-3) Button comes on and has opportunity of a penalty save (+5) potential 8 point swing for just starting your non-starting keeper.
haha, I like this! Sadly I'm not going with Ryan :(

User avatar
Klopp-o-matic
Treebeard
Posts: 277
Joined: 23 Jul 2018, 08:56

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by Klopp-o-matic » 09 Aug 2019, 13:06

Fuss

For example Heaton have good fixtures but first game is Spurs, while Burnley have a home game, so will play Pope first game etc.

Rotating is risky but basically avoid top six and try to get Burnley home games. (If I go Pope and Heaton).

MinimalFuss
Kevin and Perry
Posts: 40
Joined: 06 Aug 2015, 11:45

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by MinimalFuss » 09 Aug 2019, 13:13

Klopp-o-matic wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 13:06
Fuss

For example Heaton have good fixtures but first game is Spurs, while Burnley have a home game, so will play Pope first game etc.

Rotating is risky but basically avoid top six and try to get Burnley home games. (If I go Pope and Heaton).
But you can rack up some good save points against the top 6 and use that 0.5 to better affect elsewhere surely?

User avatar
Stevieste
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3027
Joined: 19 Aug 2017, 10:28
FS Record: 1500

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by Stevieste » 09 Aug 2019, 13:39

tommygun25 wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 13:02
Button starts for me over Ryan every week.

Dirty tactic that could happen: Ryan takes out striker in the box and gets a red card (-3) Button comes on and has opportunity of a penalty save (+5) potential 8 point swing for just starting your non-starting keeper.
Why do i like this idea so much, all though id be gutted if they played on a Friday night and there was a Monday game and had to wat 4 days to get my points from Ryan as he had 6 sat on my bench and i could have been sat at the top of the league all weekend 😳

User avatar
bcfc1903
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2174
Joined: 27 Sep 2008, 19:49
Location: Bradford. 9 miles west of Scumland.
FS Record: william hill champion 2010, 2012. all-inclusive league winner 2012, second x-league 2012.

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by bcfc1903 » 09 Aug 2019, 13:48

I'm looking at Vicente Guaita at Palace. My thinking is to wildcard around gw9. All of the promoted teams in first 7 weeks and accumulated 64 saves in 19 games, 7 clean sheets and 8 bps, accumulating 87 points in half a season

His record in La Liga was excellent and documented.

https://realsport101.com/news/sports/fo ... n-la-liga/

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 72505
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.
Contact:

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by blahblah » 09 Aug 2019, 14:25

Klopp-o-matic wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 13:06
Fuss

For example Heaton have good fixtures but first game is Spurs, while Burnley have a home game, so will play Pope first game etc.

Rotating is risky but basically avoid top six and try to get Burnley home games. (If I go Pope and Heaton).
It doesn't work. Cheap GK's get Save and BP points vs the big Clubs and away.

The Home type thing may work for Defenders, but not GK's.

There was some maffs done 12 months ago (if can find the GK thread from here) and is why GK Rotation is hardly mentioned here any more after years of Home Rotation nonsense.....

User avatar
Klopp-o-matic
Treebeard
Posts: 277
Joined: 23 Jul 2018, 08:56

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by Klopp-o-matic » 09 Aug 2019, 14:31

blahblah wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 14:25
Klopp-o-matic wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 13:06
Fuss

For example Heaton have good fixtures but first game is Spurs, while Burnley have a home game, so will play Pope first game etc.

Rotating is risky but basically avoid top six and try to get Burnley home games. (If I go Pope and Heaton).
It doesn't work. Cheap GK's get Save and BP points vs the big Clubs and away.

The Home type thing may work for Defenders, but not GK's.

There was some maffs done 12 months ago (if can find the GK thread from here) and is why GK Rotation is hardly mentioned here any more after years of Home Rotation nonsense.....
Usually I don't do this but why is that it doesn't work? Because it is to hard to chose the best scoring GK every week? Do they really get so many save points? What if they concede 4 instead... isn't it better to pick the 'safe' one? And isn't it a fact that Burnley have a lot more cs's at home?

Edit: just can't get Ederson, Alisson or Pickford in the team without messing it up, and the extra .5 won't mean so much right now when the team is almost set.

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 72505
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.
Contact:

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by blahblah » 09 Aug 2019, 14:36

Klopp-o-matic wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 14:31
blahblah wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 14:25
Klopp-o-matic wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 13:06
Fuss

For example Heaton have good fixtures but first game is Spurs, while Burnley have a home game, so will play Pope first game etc.

Rotating is risky but basically avoid top six and try to get Burnley home games. (If I go Pope and Heaton).
It doesn't work. Cheap GK's get Save and BP points vs the big Clubs and away.

The Home type thing may work for Defenders, but not GK's.

There was some maffs done 12 months ago (if can find the GK thread from here) and is why GK Rotation is hardly mentioned here any more after years of Home Rotation nonsense.....
Usually I don't do this but why is that it doesn't work? Because it is to hard to chose the best scoring GK every week? Do they really get so many save points? What if they concede 4 instead... isn't it better to pick the 'safe' one? And isn't it a fact that Burnley have a lot more cs's at home?
The H\A points were too similar to create a big enough difference, and that is without looking at if the best actually fit.

Lossl got more points vs top 6 than the rest of the bottom 10. Remember Heaton's haul at Old Trafford? In theory if they ship loads then the GK should make enough saves to still get 1 or 2 points.....

I think the best Rotation was Lpool and Everton, but away matches.

User avatar
Billy Bongo
FISO Knight
Posts: 11093
Joined: 21 Jul 2013, 22:18

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by Billy Bongo » 09 Aug 2019, 14:42

Shitty teams play more defensively away

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk


User avatar
DavidLloydIsAHero
FISOhead
Posts: 580
Joined: 02 Aug 2018, 09:07
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero » 09 Aug 2019, 14:44

Klopp-o-matic wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 14:31
blahblah wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 14:25
Klopp-o-matic wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 13:06
Fuss

For example Heaton have good fixtures but first game is Spurs, while Burnley have a home game, so will play Pope first game etc.

Rotating is risky but basically avoid top six and try to get Burnley home games. (If I go Pope and Heaton).
It doesn't work. Cheap GK's get Save and BP points vs the big Clubs and away.

The Home type thing may work for Defenders, but not GK's.

There was some maffs done 12 months ago (if can find the GK thread from here) and is why GK Rotation is hardly mentioned here any more after years of Home Rotation nonsense.....
Usually I don't do this but why is that it doesn't work? Because it is to hard to chose the best scoring GK every week? Do they really get so many save points? What if they concede 4 instead... isn't it better to pick the 'safe' one? And isn't it a fact that Burnley have a lot more cs's at home?

Edit: just can't get Ederson, Alisson or Pickford in the team without messing it up, and the extra .5 won't mean so much right now when the team is almost set.
It's because the big hauls for cheap keepers (Save points, CS & Bonus, potentially a pen save thrown in) usually come it games against the big sides, obviously very rarely but those games can be 12+ points even without a pen save and do enough to drag the average close to the "good fixtures" for it not to be worth the extra .5 to rotate

User avatar
Klopp-o-matic
Treebeard
Posts: 277
Joined: 23 Jul 2018, 08:56

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by Klopp-o-matic » 09 Aug 2019, 14:45

David Luiz Is A Hero wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 14:44
Klopp-o-matic wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 14:31
blahblah wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 14:25
Klopp-o-matic wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 13:06
Fuss

For example Heaton have good fixtures but first game is Spurs, while Burnley have a home game, so will play Pope first game etc.

Rotating is risky but basically avoid top six and try to get Burnley home games. (If I go Pope and Heaton).
It doesn't work. Cheap GK's get Save and BP points vs the big Clubs and away.

The Home type thing may work for Defenders, but not GK's.

There was some maffs done 12 months ago (if can find the GK thread from here) and is why GK Rotation is hardly mentioned here any more after years of Home Rotation nonsense.....
Usually I don't do this but why is that it doesn't work? Because it is to hard to chose the best scoring GK every week? Do they really get so many save points? What if they concede 4 instead... isn't it better to pick the 'safe' one? And isn't it a fact that Burnley have a lot more cs's at home?

Edit: just can't get Ederson, Alisson or Pickford in the team without messing it up, and the extra .5 won't mean so much right now when the team is almost set.
It's because the big hauls for cheap keepers (Save points, CS & Bonus, potentially a pen save thrown in) usually come it games against the big sides, obviously very rarely but those games can be 12+ points even without a pen save and do enough to drag the average close to the "good fixtures" for it not to be worth the extra .5 to rotate
Ok interesting, I might recobsider then...

Thanx everyone for the feed back 😊

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 72505
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.
Contact:

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by blahblah » 09 Aug 2019, 14:46

Fab was top Saver for the last 2 seasons, or very close.......

User avatar
Klopp-o-matic
Treebeard
Posts: 277
Joined: 23 Jul 2018, 08:56

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by Klopp-o-matic » 09 Aug 2019, 15:00

I'll go with Heaton then. Quite good fixtures the first ten GWs mixed with three games against the top teams, and hope that one of those three games will be a haul!

Also they might start the season well like newly promoted teams sometimes do.

MinimalFuss
Kevin and Perry
Posts: 40
Joined: 06 Aug 2015, 11:45

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by MinimalFuss » 09 Aug 2019, 15:07

Klopp-o-matic wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 15:00
I'll go with Heaton then. Quite good fixtures the first ten GWs mixed with three games against the top teams, and hope that one of those three games will be a haul!

Also they might start the season well like newly promoted teams sometimes do.
Wise choice to stick with one.

I've gone with Pope.

User avatar
tommygun25
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2387
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:33

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by tommygun25 » 09 Aug 2019, 16:01

Stevieste wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 13:39
tommygun25 wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 13:02
Button starts for me over Ryan every week.

Dirty tactic that could happen: Ryan takes out striker in the box and gets a red card (-3) Button comes on and has opportunity of a penalty save (+5) potential 8 point swing for just starting your non-starting keeper.
Why do i like this idea so much, all though id be gutted if they played on a Friday night and there was a Monday game and had to wat 4 days to get my points from Ryan as he had 6 sat on my bench and i could have been sat at the top of the league all weekend 😳
It's worth a punt if you own Ryan and will mess with your league rivals head when you get points added later!

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 72505
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.
Contact:

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by blahblah » 09 Aug 2019, 16:03

tommygun25 wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 16:01
Stevieste wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 13:39
tommygun25 wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 13:02
Button starts for me over Ryan every week.

Dirty tactic that could happen: Ryan takes out striker in the box and gets a red card (-3) Button comes on and has opportunity of a penalty save (+5) potential 8 point swing for just starting your non-starting keeper.
Why do i like this idea so much, all though id be gutted if they played on a Friday night and there was a Monday game and had to wat 4 days to get my points from Ryan as he had 6 sat on my bench and i could have been sat at the top of the league all weekend 😳
It's worth a punt if you own Ryan and will mess with your league rivals head when you get points added later!
Yep, and the sensible thing to do if you have both from 1 Club.....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts
Post Reply

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GrapeshotCrawler, RuudTheDudeVanTheMan, Stevieste, Turd Ferguson and 15 guests