To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Marcos Alonso / Chelsea defence

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
FootballFanatic
Red & Blue Braces

Marcos Alonso / Chelsea defence

Post by FootballFanatic »

Thoughts? Will he be a regular? Or is Emerson too big of a threat to him regularly starting games? Want him in my team, but not willing to risk it if he might not start all games when fit.

What Chelsea defenders do we think are nailed? Or is this too much of a minefield for veteran FF players?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Marcos Alonso / Chelsea defence

Post by blahblah »

For me the only thing missing is Diana.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Their top defenders all look a bit over priced for what we might expect. Alonso perhaps unlikely to play as a wing back (if he plays at all) so attacking threat is curtailed. Kante back playing the Kante role will help and FL's Derby team were reasonably tight last year, but I think most expect better things from Laporte or VVD than Alonso. One of the cheaper ones, Zouma perhaps even Zappacosta could be very useful budget players though.

Jay P
Treebeard

Post by Jay P »

I’ll be giving Chelsea a few weeks before looking to invest. Potentially huge value all through the team but need to know more. If Kante is allowed to be Kante and Alonso is allowed to be Alonso then Alonso should be a great pick.

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

Mav3rick wrote:Their top defenders all look a bit over priced for what we might expect. Alonso perhaps unlikely to play as a wing back (if he plays at all) so attacking threat is curtailed. Kante back playing the Kante role will help and FL's Derby team were reasonably tight last year, but I think most expect better things from Laporte or VVD than Alonso. One of the cheaper ones, Zouma perhaps even Zappacosta could be very useful budget players though.
Zappacosta getting minutes? I wonder because it's not a bad option.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Chelsea are the perfect wait and see for me, they are easy to avoid for the 1st two GW's as an away game to United and a match against a strong looking Leicester won't be easy, but then it's Norwich and Sheffield United by which time it should be much clearer how they are going to play and who FL favours.

It's inevitable there will be at least a couple of strong picks such is their pricing so I'm waiting until GW3 to see how they look.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

cymbalrush84 wrote: 28 Jul 2019, 12:11
Mav3rick wrote:Their top defenders all look a bit over priced for what we might expect. Alonso perhaps unlikely to play as a wing back (if he plays at all) so attacking threat is curtailed. Kante back playing the Kante role will help and FL's Derby team were reasonably tight last year, but I think most expect better things from Laporte or VVD than Alonso. One of the cheaper ones, Zouma perhaps even Zappacosta could be very useful budget players though.
Zappacosta getting minutes? I wonder because it's not a bad option.
Only if Azpil moves inside while Rudiger is out. Gotta wait and see on all the Chelsea assets really!

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

I have Azpilicueta in my team. At 6.0 he might seem expensive, however he is pretty much a set and forget player. Over the past four seasons he has started 36 (1 sub), 38, 37, and 38 games. In those seasons he has scored 124, 170, 175, and 158 points. Last season only six players outscored him and only one of them is the same price (Luiz). Only two other players scored more than 150 points and both of them are the same price - Digne and Walker. We can factor in Doherty and Pereira at the 6.0 range as well as alternatives. However, the way I see it is I expect Chelsea's defence to be better than Everton, Wolves and Leicester City. So I'd expect Azpilicueta to contribute a decent number of clean sheets as well as his usual goals and assists. For me he is arguably a safer pick because the bet on the other trio comes from them replicating their goals and assists record from last season - unless of course they all become significantly better on the CS side of things.

Anyway, I think Azpilicueta is good value if you want a Chelsea defender. He offers proven production and is a set and forget player because he has only not played in one league game the past three seasons. Maybe that will change under Lampard, but as long as things stay the same Azpilicueta would be the Chelsea defender I'd take.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”